Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help (5403 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / [Girls Beware!!!] Local Scammers Using Other Girls For Sex. / Pretty Lady Who Burgled A House Caught And Stripped By Local Vigilante (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by heykims(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2021
At this age, u still got scammed with this recycled old trick. Seriously, I no pity u at all.
All the best on the chase..

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Nobody: 8:55am On May 23, 2021
mmadu4:

see where your mumu don land you now .. abeg forget the money it is already gone . take this as a lesson not be greedy and too hasty in life . the money you will pay police and the time waste etc will surpass the initial amount defrauded. so count your loss and move on. next time get sense.

Let my experience guide you. My mum works in a bank. Her neighbor was scammed, too, of about 40k I believe.

At the end of the matter, the transportation fare spent commuting between Ecobank and Access Bank, the “roger” money to police officers to hasten the matter amounted to 63k. 23k higher that the original sum he was scammed off.

You’ll spend more than 51k. But if you want to continue do so out of say “vengeance” and not to get that money back.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by ekene101: 8:55am On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:
This is the face of the criminal that scammed me as i was able to make a screen shot of the video call made while he was calling me.Pls my fellow nairalander i crave for your sympathy and indulgence on this matter
You were just too foolish and gullible,Ubi franklin is a record label owner who managed tekno and iyanya.. That video is Mr afialinks on Facebook who deals on cars from USA only,how does the video look like Ubi franklin or since when do celebrities starts doing flip cash. That's the price you pay for your stupidity,next time google is there to make enquires and access bank won't do anything because that's scammers bank.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Nobody: 8:58am On May 23, 2021
KingsleyWabote:
You should get ready to visit the EFCC zonal office nearest you with a petition. I'll follow it up from there.

Your case is not worth taking up (the money is too small). But the guy's case in particular, is what I'm interested. He may have scammed people of millions.

First and foremost, I'll like to know whether you're Yoruba or Igbo. If you're Igbo, just forget it. It's a case of dog eat dog. I wouldn't want to concern myself with family affairs.

No need for the emboldened.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by gentlestdude(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

Na scammer you be so i no dey even bother.who knows, u might even be the person in question
na akamu full your brain mumu old man, when I see your types of Facebook I just shake my head, so many old fools in this country, they will keep scamming you till you get sense idiot. if I wan even scam shey na local scam? ode man

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by EmekaBlue(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2021
KingsleyWabote:
You should get ready to visit the EFCC zonal office nearest you with a petition. I'll follow it up from there.

Your case is not worth taking up (the money is too small). But the guy's case in particular, is what I'm interested. He may have scammed people of millions.

First and foremost, I'll like to know whether you're Yoruba or Igbo. If you're Igbo, just forget it. It's a case of dog eat dog. I wouldn't want to concern myself with family affairs.
Hush! As if online scam is not ur people soft work. I no know who do am pass Una for d world. Mumu
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by candygist: 10:13am On May 23, 2021
mmadu4:

see where your mumu don land you now .. abeg forget the money it is already gone . take this as a lesson not be greedy and too hasty in life . the money you will pay police and the time waste etc will surpass the initial amount defrauded. so count your loss and move on. next time get sense.

For this kind of advice, you are the real mumu here.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by candygist: 10:18am On May 23, 2021
falcon01:
How can you be this dumb?? Truth is you ain't getting your Money back

She can. All she needs to do is report the case to her bank, the account will be traced, it will only cost time and little money. Police report ain't that expensive.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Hashabiah: 10:39am On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

My fellow nairalanders make una help me with ideas to take follow this matter up now
Cc Lalastica
You need to report this case to the bank and police: they are the only ones who can help you.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tonymic2017: 10:40am On May 23, 2021
I'm really disappointed. In 2021! Ur greed has no limit if I really fell for that cheap scam

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Olayinka777(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2021
falcon01:
How can you be this dumb?? Truth is you ain't getting your Money back
Fact!
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by safarifarms(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2021
PSD3:
You can possibly get back your money if the account is still funded. Just follow these steps:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Do exactly this. Additionally also send a mail to your bank and copy CBN too.

You will get your money.

Even if the fraudster has withdrawn the money, his bank has a responsibility to refund you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Uniquebest22: 11:09am On May 23, 2021
mmadu4:
#

upon say you join nairaland in 2009 you never still get sense . truly common sense is not that common . one would think by now you would have learnt something on nairaland over the years . your 51k is gone . if you take go police you will spend more money and you might not even recover anything so count your loss and move on . stop disturbing us .. shame self no dey catch u
Guy shut up if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. You are even sounding like a cheap scammer

Fool

@OP, the screenshot below should help you. And also there are some scammers on nairaland who will want to discourage you from following this up. You see a lot of them liking the post from a known internet fraudster called Slawonir, and you see them abusing Buhari but also involving in scams.

Good luck

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I have been following up your comments and looking for possible ways of activating my contacts to complement your efforts for us to jointly deal with the scammer but unfortunately you disappointed me with this tribal primordial mentality. So sad!!!
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by tunjijones(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2021
Janesouthall:

First go physically to the bank on Monday to report it.. Then go and collect police report from the police station after which the bank will place the account on No Debit or so... Until he pays back your money... He won't have access to his own money.

But the police report will cost you money sha ooo...

Lie... This same guy scammed my friend about two month ago. She went to the bank to complain. Access bank. And they told him that there is nothing they can do. That the only thing they can do is to start monitoring the account to see if they can get more complain on the account.

She even sent mIl to the bank and even copied central bank. Its been 3 months now and nothing has happened. The bank cant help you.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by tunjijones(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2021
PSD3:
You can possibly get back your money if the account is still funded. Just follow these steps:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

My friend dis all that and nothing came out of it. Its this same guy. They hack of your trusted friend and they use it against you. They use a popular Nollywood actor to advertise their scam.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by tunjijones(m): 12:48pm On May 23, 2021
safarifarms:

Do exactly this. Additionally also send a mail to your bank and copy CBN too.

You will get your money.

Even if the fraudster has withdrawn the money, his bank has a responsibility to refund you.

This is not true. What if all the story was cooked up just the defraud the account. The only possible way is for you to get a lawyer who will go and get a letter from EFCC bfor the account can be frozen. And this will cost you more than the money u want to get back.

Just go and report to the bank. Though there is nothing the bank can do for now. The more pple report this bank account, i think that wld prompt the bank to take action.

The OP shd send a msg to me. I will link you up with my friend that was scammed 50k by this same guy... I think two voices will be better than one. And if there are other pple that have been scammed by this sane guy. It will be better to fight him collectively

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by HomerTimpson: 1:04pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

Thanks Baba i no even fit sleep all through out this night.Like how much police report go cost me abeg.
you must be local man,scammed by local scammer but local man is speechless �
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tchinaidi(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2021
Curious345:
send me the 26k balance in your account , we can track him .geo locate him for you ..

Are you there ?
Ok bro... Send ur detail if you are sure you can help me track this crook
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by fergieboy: 1:12pm On May 23, 2021
Don’t waste your time and money

That’s a wallet account without a kyc information or bvn

Even account with bvn they hard to track
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tchinaidi(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2021
Tonymic2017:
I'm really disappointed. In 2021! Ur greed has no limit if I really fell for that cheap scam
This no be time to trade blames.I bet you the guy is busy scamming some many persons now as we speak.Its better we collectively come out to fight fraud once and for all.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by majamajic(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

So Olajide Emmanuel is igbo name to u ?
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Diamondplus1(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2021
IT'S REAL!!! Quick money.. No be scam ohh
DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN EARN FROM N400 TO N8,000 AND EARN OVER N300,000 EVERY MONTH ON NAIRALINK.
https://nairalink.com/ref.php?i=u91829c
You will be paid Directly to your bank acct. everytime you post advert on your WHATSAPP STATUS, INSTAGRAM AND ON TWITTER.
I personally earn N10,000 you can earn More!
REGISTER NOW! https://nairalink.com/ref.php?i=u91829c

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tchinaidi(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2021
Thank God the bank is responding positively to this complaint

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tchinaidi(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2021
tunjijones:

This is not true. What if all the story was cooked up just the defraud the account. The only possible way is for you to get a lawyer who will go and get a letter from EFCC bfor the account can be frozen. And this will cost you more than the money u want to get back.

Just go and report to the bank. Though there is nothing the bank can do for now. The more pple report this bank account, i think that wld prompt the bank to take action.

The OP shd send a msg to me. I will link you up with my friend that was scammed 50k by this same guy... I think two voices will be better than one. And if there are other pple that have been scammed by this sane guy. It will be better to fight him collectively
Ok bro how do we link up
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by tunjijones(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

Ok bro how do we link up

I have sent an email to you. You can drop ur number for us to connect on whats app.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:57pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

Thank bro, this is more comprehensive enough.Good to know that there are still peeps like you this forum.I appreciate
I’m sorry you had to lose your money to these heartless scammers.
You could try your luck with the bank but chances that would recover your money is like 20% so this is why we all need to be careful.
You could go to the bank nonetheless and see if it’s going to be worth the stress. But hopefully they can block that account number, so don’t sit down and do nothing about it.

I was scammed too months ago, never thought I’d ever be a victim of such as I usually form “Smart” but then I was scammed cheaply! The bank did absolute nothing about it but thank God for the good samaritans here on NL, May God continually bless them richly in Jesus mighty name, Amen!!!
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:
Please I need help to be able to apprehend this local scammer.I have sent a mail to the customer care unit of access bank since the transaction happens to be from acess to access bank plc

Pls withdraw this rubbish allegation!!!He is a car dealer in US ,has many branches and doing well.Ppl keep using Afialink to dupe ppl.
I follow him on Facebook too,he had to stop allowing ppl to comment cus of scammers.
This man is not oo,there is impersonator!
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:
This are his account details
Olajide Emmanuel
Access Bank
Please who can help me report to his account. Please i am dire need of justice

Afia link has business account...the scammer used his pictures. Sorry dear
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 23, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

If men were God..just read your comment again.Op forget this person pls.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by uboma(m): 8:41pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

Ok bro... Send ur detail if you are sure you can help me track this crook

Be careful, some persons may want to scam you further....
Re: I Have Been Scammed By Local Scammers Pls I Need Help by Tonymic2017: 8:51pm On May 23, 2021
Tchinaidi:

This no be time to trade blames.I bet you the guy is busy scamming some many persons now as we speak.Its better we collectively come out to fight fraud once and for all.

A question real quick. If u weren't scammed, would you have written an article against fraud. It's because you fell for this cheap scam that you want to fight. When others before you complained, what action did u take. Now you are looking for collective effort. Bros, just count your losses and move on. Because you would spend more money in tracing the guy and might still not succeed. Just learn your lesson and move on. No be person die. Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rescued From Destruction - I Think People Need To Read This: / Female Robbers Force Male Victims To Have Sex With Her / How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.