Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) (32775 Views)

Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by blacknoir: 4:47pm On May 23, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
we have thousands of Attahiru in the Nigerian Army!!

We are the most powerful people in both the military and the government!

So jubilate as much as you want... Another northern muslim would still occupy that capacity!!

He might even be more brutal on ipob pigs than Attahiru!
Why are u sounding as a bigot,I don't like what he said ,celebrating another mans death is just wrong ,he is not just a Muslim ,he is a Nigerian ,a father ,a son ,a soldier for Nigeria. If a competent northern Muslim will replace him y not ,if a Christian from the north or south will replace him so what? Pls let us stop dividing our military ,we are one irrespective of religion. The man died because God willed it ,no one is above death,let us accept the fact that he is dead and move on God will deal with every1 celebrating the dead of anyone. Let's move on
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by arcis: 4:49pm On May 23, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Buhari is indeed an animal!!

Your chief of Army staff died in an official function!!

Both Buhari and his vice snubbed his prayer funeral!!

Buhari shocked me!! I was brutally shocked that Buhari not just buhari but some northern governors picked wedding over of his funeral!!

My heart bleeds!!

And your heart will keep bleeding till you change your hatred to the President and his vice. The reasons why both of them didn't attend has been mentioned but you choose to ignore that and keep saying rubbish here.

If you don't know..ask...

Don't die of foolishness and bad belle..

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by naija1stnigar(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2021
Serving Nigeria in any area of specialization is the last thing a reasonable person should ever think of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by arcis: 4:51pm On May 23, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Buhari is indeed an animal!!

Your chief of Army staff died in an official function!!

Both Buhari and his vice snubbed his prayer funeral!!

Buhari shocked me!! I was brutally shocked that Buhari not just buhari but some northern governors picked wedding over of his funeral!!

My heart bleeds!!

And your heart will keep bleeding till you change your hatred to the President and his vice. The reasons why both of them didn't attend has been mentioned but you choose to ignore that and keep saying rubbish here.

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Lolachef(f): 4:57pm On May 23, 2021
I think you are more useless than him.where's your humanity?
Elvictor:
Funeral prayer not ceremony.

That COAS is useless aferall, he doesn't deserve national honor.

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Lolachef(f): 4:58pm On May 23, 2021
Ogbeni keep ur dirty mouth shut and stop supporting rubbish.
arcis:

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Lolachef(f): 4:59pm On May 23, 2021
Naa our bad leaders make ham look like that.
naija1stnigar:
Serving Nigeria in any area of specialization is the last thing a reasonable person should ever think of.
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by yahmohy27: 5:02pm On May 23, 2021
helinues:
May the soul of Gen Attahiru rest in peace..

It's really painful losing one of our finest hero..

Rip General Attahiru
Ameen thank you
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Evidenx(m): 5:11pm On May 23, 2021
Arewa1stSon:

So jubilate as much as you want... Another northern muslim would still occupy that capacity!!

YOU ARE A SON OF A PIG.
BOASTING WHEN ITS NOT NECESSARY. SINCE YOUR USELESS LEADERS HAVE BEEN THE HEAD OF THE COUNTRY,NIGERIA HAS GONE 360 DEGREES BACKWARD, SINCE UR NORTHER COWS ARE HEADING THE SECURITY AFFAIRS OF THE COUNTRY,HOW IS SECURITY IN THE COUNTRY NOW
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR USELESS SELF AND UR USELESS LEADERS.
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by WorldRichest: 5:12pm On May 23, 2021
Arewa1stSon:

They will continue to die like chickens.
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by rummmy: 5:16pm On May 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Nigeria problem? Are you sure you're sane?

Besides, who are the remaining 3? Let the World see how stupid you are
you are 1 of the 3,the 2 will be named soon....
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Myself2(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2021
Yeye hypocrites, especially that Ahmad Lawan.

Wait oh, was this before or after Reno Omokri called out Buharia d other officials of his government for not attending the burial of the late COAS ?
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by MARKone(m): 6:14pm On May 23, 2021
Elvictor:

You are the useless one here my brother, you, or any of your generation present or future can never reach the level this man reached before his demise. You dolts always hide behind your cheap phones to type nonsense. A General that has not spent up to 6 months in office, is the person that you are tagging useless, I don't Gerrit.

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by opribo(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2021
We will sit back and watch, the Lord to crush all the enemies of Biafra self determination.

Wherever they gather and whoever they may be the Lord shall fight this battle. It does not matter if all the position are given to janjaqweds.

So shall the pain be. The Lord will use a mighty sword to crush all of them.
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by davidthe16th: 6:32pm On May 23, 2021
By default if Buhari use left hand put cap for your head u no suppose last long... Travel well COAS

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Gbajure(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2021
Elvictor:

You are an animal and by God grace get a deserved end
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by thuxzwda1: 7:31pm On May 23, 2021
Onuoraijele:
Zulum

Next on d list
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by emmadothings(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2021
Elvictor:

Fool
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2021
Eyaah
Re: Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) by Ukobaba: 8:45am On May 24, 2021
CHILD RIGHTS NGO CELEBRATES 7YEARS OF RESCUING STREET CHILDREN IN AFRICA

Ignorance, poor education and obnoxious superstition has been pointed as major setbacks to the enforcement of child rights and protection laws in Nigeria.

The Executive Director, Land of Hope, Mrs Anja Loven, traced the recurring cases of child abuse in Nigeria and Africa to these factors, over the weekend in Eket.

Mrs Anja said this during a press briefing hosted by African Childrens Aid Education and Development Foundation (ACAEDF) ahead of the celebrations of their 7th year anniversary of rescuing children from the claws of child abuse and abandonement, across Africa.

Anja faulted the practice of labelling children as witchcrafts and urged the government to invest more in what she described as "structural education" for her people.

"As someone who was not born and raised here in Nigeria, I came here to see what the children are going through, including dangerous superstitions in the rural areas; it was a very big surprise to me to come here to learn that children could be considered as witches and would become scapegoats for all the hardships in the communities. It was also a surprise for me that someone highly educated could blame a child for someone dying and other bad things happening in the village.
"So I thought to myself that these people need education because superstition in the end is about extreme poverty and ignorance. I have spent 8 years talking to communities asking questions why they will accuse children of witchcraft. I thought that education was a key for us to overcome these challenges, that education will just erase these superstition but it is not enough to educate these children because superstition is deeply rooted in the African tradition".

She compared the situation in Nigeria with what happened to Denmark and other parts of Europe in the 16th century, and concluded that only a form of education, structured to answer critical questions about life, can rescue upcoming generations from deep seated ignorance and superstitions.

Earlier in his remarks, Executive Director, African Childrens Aid Education and Development Foundation (ACAEDF), Mr. David Umem, recounted the history of the foundation, adding that the story of ACADAEF is a story hardwork, passion and commitment to making a change in the society.

Recalling the early days of the organization, he said that he was proud that a small Non Government Organisation that began in a small apartment in Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, 7years ago, have grown to become a worldwide organization that has rescued and given hope to hundreds of children across communities, including sponsorship of hitherto abandoned children to Universities and vocations.

“We started in a very small 3 rooms apartment in Uyo, by then we never bought a land or had an idea of where we were going to, but between then and seven years, this is what we have been able to showcase for the world to see. The numbers of children who are partakers of this effort are much and I recall how Anja, Orok , Matilda and I slept on the bare floor without tiles, seven years ago and this is where we are. Today we can be used as reference point".

Speaking on the forthcoming anniversary celebration, Mr. Umem, said that the seven years anniversary which is coming up on May 25th, will feature many events that will help to showcase the talents in-born in the children who are currently undergoing rehabilitation in the foundation.

“This press briefing is basically to showcase the effort everyone here especially my dear Anja here who is our major sponsor, in the last seven years especially the privilege of security that we have given to the society.

" We also intend to showcase the unlimited talent inherent our children, that we have tried to help them discover and bring for the world to see.

“These we will exhibit in diverse ways like fashion show where children will work for the education of other children who are not beneficiaries of what they are benefiting today. It is a show that we will use to drag attention and solicit for funds for the parliament building that we undertaking and our mentorship programme”. He revealed.

Mr. Umem also hinted that the next focus of the organization will be on the condition of education of riverine populations, especially children. "One other set of people abandoned by both government and all of us are those residing in riverine areas. The statistics available to us has it that upto 70% of the most unconducive learning environments or dilapidated schools are in the riverine communities.
"We intend to focus on that". He concluded.

The Head of Child Development at ACAEDF, Mr. Nsidibe Orok in his remarks, appealed to the Federal and State governments to implement the child right act in order to protect children from abuses in the society.

He noted that governments in Nigeria and some other African countries had enacted laws to protect the rights of children but have however failed to implement the laws in their various localities.

According to him, “there are so many laws internationally and locally that are very good. If we were to talk about laws we will not have issues of child abuses, from the child right convention that has so many articles in it, this law has been domesticated even in our dear state, Akwa Ibom, because in 2008, the Akwa Ibom state House of Assembly had passed the law and it was signed into law. I mean laws that prohibits a wide range of abuses, including child-witchcraft stigmatization which records high number of abandoned children in the society. We have enabling laws but the problem is implementation".

He further said that “As we speak we cannot ask for more laws because even the ones that have been enacted have not been implemented. What we will appeal for is the implementation process of the laws.

He also lamented the ignorance of major stakeholders in the society on child rights issues. “Most of the stakeholders, security personnel, community leaders, religious leaders, most of them are not even aware that there is something like child right law. Take for instance, you have a call for rescue and a child is taken to the police station, a report is even that a child is accused of being a witch and the police officer will actually ask a child, are you a witch, tell me the truth did you actually killed the person?

This is actually an enforcement officer that should understand that you are not even supposed to do that since it is actually against the child right law. So where we have issues is in the implementation and not new laws
He noted that : even traditional and religious leaders have not equally helped in the implementation of the child right law. Some of them are indeed major abusers of children and breakers of the law".

C: Aniedi UKOENANG

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye / MC Oluomo Travels Abroad After Discharge From Hospital / Gov. Candidate Begs Girl Who Refused To Stop Fasting After His Election Loss.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.