Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? (30781 Views)

Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by larrypourl(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2021
Jacobx007:
We got married early December and my wife conceived in February, don't worry about it

That was fast. Married Dec 5th, and still waiting, thou we initially agreed to put it on hold for a year at least but wifey couldn't take it, we're on it now, she's a bit worried it isn't forthcoming, but kept joking about it and encouraged her to leave all to God.
OP women will generally be worried, encourage and support your wife, have fun and enjoy your marriage, it's nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Ficollins(m): 11:57pm On May 23, 2021
Funny thing is that when you just do one mistake outside marriage, pregnancy straight up.. But marriage will take time

1 Like

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Johnholmes: 12:02am On May 24, 2021
2years
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Babitee1(f): 1:39am On May 24, 2021
I am married and also a Nurse in the fertility field so I will give you a professional advice, wait for 6months before you see a gynecologist if your wife is 35 or above. But if she is younger than that you can wait for a year before going to a fertility doctor. You can visit a standard lab on your own for now and do a semen analysis, while your wife can go to a good diagnostic center close to you to do follicular tracking to that you can know her actual ovulation date. Most importantly don’t be under panic during the first one year just enjoy yourself and in no time she will miss her period.

6 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by franksam209: 1:42am On May 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

Eleribu!!! angry Married women should be off limits for this kind of jokes or comments nah.

As for the OP, 2 months

My parents were together 8 years before they had first born and they later had 3 more children making 4.

Just visit the doctor and take necessary physical/medical measures to ensure you guys are okay. Then continue to pray and fvck, until God answers your prayer through your fvcking.

2 months is quite early to be worried. Wetin happen?
after 8 years? aswear it's possible ur dad might not be your real father

1 Like

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by bigl: 1:42am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:
I would like to hear from experienced couples here. 19th of this month made it two months since I've been married, yet my wife has not conceived. I'm getting a bit worried. We have intercourse all through her ovulation, though we plan on seeing the doctor this week.

Could you render advice as well as share your experience here? How long did it take you or your wife to conceive after marriage?

2 months is short to be worried but I'll advise u see a gynaecologist who will probably request u run SFA (seminal fluid analysis) to be sure your sperm department is In order and if not, he'll get u fixed.

Your wife too would run scan or at worst HSG ... To be sure her pipes ain't blocked ... And it's usually painful but worth it ...

Other test would be requested if needed and in months, you'll be fixed and ready ...

Quick tip: if you got infection, your sperm department will be on shambles and the count will go down low but it's no big deal bro ...

Keep anxiety away as well cos if can do u both a lot of harm
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by kizyalex10(m): 1:52am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:
I would like to hear from experienced couples here. 19th of this month made it two months since I've been married, yet my wife has not conceived. I'm getting a bit worried. We have intercourse all through her ovulation, though we plan on seeing the doctor this week.

Could you render advice as well as share your experience here? How long did it take you or your wife to conceive after marriage?
lol bro nothing do u,let me share my own experience ,last year i got bck from naija nd got married same day with my kid bro,somehw my wife said she was supposed to be in her fertile period,because she doesnt really knw hw to count that,so we begin work ooo .after d month end we went for test and lo nd behold she was negative nd meanwhile my kid bro wife later went nd she was confirmed pregnant,lol na so d tension begin mount on top my wife,she was too anxious nd she felt like sometin is wrong with her,she pestered me for us to go for further medical examination which i reluctantly did,inside me i was as desperate as she was as i dont reside in naija nd i have limited time to.we went to see the doctor and d doctor said how many years re we married,we said jst less than a month nd d doctor bursted into laughter after i narrated the whole story to him,he said my friend reffering to my wife to go nd sleep that we should visit again probably after a month and why he said that is because iam nt residing in naija if nt he would have given us 6 months,and if after 1 month then he told us what specimen to bring for futher tests etc.i started working again.lol d day of her period passed she didnt see it nd 3 more days,one night she told me its out finally as she have been having cramps,i was tired nd a bit sad that my weeks of hard work has been wasted like that.lol not knowing she was joking,i was pepping around when she was sleeping to knw if its true but i found out that she was lying nd i confronted her nd she laughed nd i started urging her for us to go for another test she said noooo that she wont till that month finishes so she will be sure she missed her period for that month,i was mounting serious pressure nd even promised her goodies nd she finally agreed nd we went,lo nd behold she has gone almost 3 weeks.omo see as i bledd those nurses nd lab attendants nd smile came to our face,so my brother the doctor told us that sometimes married couple have delay due to anxiety and expectations that we should live our normal life nd things will flow,so i urge u to do d same,now i have a bouncing babe girl going to 5 months nw

4 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by emmysoftyou: 2:50am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

bro I wish I can call you to explain it better to you. Since you mentioned ovulation day, it means your wife knows exactly the day she would ovulates. Good.. young man, you think whenever you pour out your sperm you have hit the jackpot immediately? Your sperm fell out unknown to you and your wife.. this advise is not for you alone but to anybody that's reading this message, I'm talking from experience, I'm a father of two boys..
Oga , your sperm fell out immediately your wife bring her legs down, so whenever you made love with your wife , mama and papa style and you released inside her , tell her to hang her leg up like five minutes or less so the sperm can be fully inserted into her vagina with full coverage.
Oga stop mating your wife only on ovulation period alone, guy even on her menses period ,have sex with her, even morning, afternoon and Night, Never stop.
another observation is, if Papa and mama style no work for you, pls mate her on doggy style then pour the sperm into her vagina and tell her to wait for like two or three minutes so the sperm can penetrate well..
Guy try different styles of mating.. don't go to any doctor yet, try my method and thank me later, it didn't take me up to three weeks into marriage before my wife conceived and gave birth. After I had my first son, I said I would not do all these trouble I did to impregnated my wife at initial stage but I ended up spending one month and the half before my wife conceived another boy which I thought it's a girl cos he hid his private part until six months before we knew it's a boy..

Guy , follow it up like you're so determined to have a child and again I was taking honey and milk mixed together to refresh my sperm and to boost my immune system but when I wanted my second child, I didn't take Honey and milk o.
So work on it, another thing that helps me is that, my wife is good at calculating her ovulation day, so I can scored as many goals as I wanted. Now she's talking about having a daughter, meanwhile economic of Nigeria is really affecting me now till I bounced back, I said No for now..
I pray this little tips help you out or you can DM me for another way to help your wife conceived immediately.. I'm sure this second option will definitely help you. But follow the first advise first..
I can't table the second option here cos it will look like an advert..
Take care and enjoy your marriage bro..

Note: I always pray to God to Grant me my heart desires as I continued to work on my project..
Cos they said faith without works is useless, so you must work and have faith in God..
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by nzekwechu: 2:55am On May 24, 2021
Seeing that doctor after 2 months might be your greatest regret. You are inviting trouble into your marriage. Am talking to you from experience. If you both are still young. Go enjoy, pray and live healthy till 2years. By then you guys might be ready to take any result or you will have your baby by then. Psychological aspect of delay in child bearing can be traumatic. No talk say you no hear.
zeenaman:

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by NonEthniCITY: 3:12am On May 24, 2021
Just two months, you are already worried?

If you guys wanted a baby urgently, why didn't you plan for the pregnancy before the wedding then?

Nigerians, we gotta realize marriage is not just for baby making but for companionship as well. Enjoy quality time with your wife and worry less about a baby. If the baby comes, then glory!

Until then, If you are not financially stable, it is time to also work towards that because babies are not cheap. From pregnancy to birth, expenditure awaits! God forbids it's a difficult/complicated pregnancy, then some more expenditure. Recoup and recover from those expenditures during marriage and honeymoon, if any.

How about emotionally and mentally, are you ready for it or do you want a baby because of the societal expectation of "in 9 months time"....

Look, I don't mean to lecture you and I am not saying you fall in this category, but it annoys the hell out of me when I see so many people in Nigeria not prepared for a baby but want to have one just because that's what society expects. Some even borrowed money to marry, some got contributions from friends and family to fund their weddings. Even after the wedding, during pregnancy and birth. Some of us need to start thinking outside of the norm, seriously. Nigeria's population is skyrocketing, in abject poverty, for this outdated reasoning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by andy4d2ofus(m): 3:49am On May 24, 2021
Man keep the strokes coming 2 months is too early, say from six months but trust God it will happen soon. Pls don't stop fucking

1 Like

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by ceaser: 4:24am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

The doctor will only advice you not to worry for now and also encourage you. Beyond that there is nothing much he can do until you guys have had adequate s3xual exposure for 12 months and have therefore fulfilled the criteria of being considered "inability to concieve" or "primary infertility"

After one year of adequate s3xual exposure. Usually within these 12 months, most couples get to consumate the marriage. So believe yours will not be an exception.

By adequate s3xual exposure, it implies

• Unprotected s3x
• Penetrative s3x - strictly vaginal (not anal, not oral) although you guys as couple are free to explore those as recreation.
• Of at least three times a week
• Including the fertile periods of the wife (a genotypic female, not genotypic or phenotypic male like bobrisky)

Other salient things to consider may be about the way you have your copulation. I once evaluated a couple in which the wife is on the obese side. They had unknowingly been engaging in what is called "coitus interfemoris" (literarily meaning s3x in between the femur) all along. All the s3x they thought they have had actually involved the guy not even penetrating the orifice but staying outside it. He ejaculat3s outside/not deep enough inside without knowing it. So if you fit into that profile, you may want to also do it right.

When you consult a doctor in the hospital on complaints of inability to conceive, those are the first questions you'll be asked. They will ensure you go back to tick those boxes before it is assumed there may indeed be a problem and then you'll be evaluated for such.

vickydevoka:

Wrong . 3 times a week. Na small girl u de Bleep. He need to relax and boost de sperm. Someone looking for a child need to apply wisdom and not to de Bleep Bleep all de time, same thing will happen bcus u repeating same thing. At least three time in a month.

Person way de prepare war no de take 1 or two days do preparation. I go plan well

Funny.

And how many spermatozoa do you think populates a millilitre of ejaculate? How many out of that population do you think is required to fertilise an ovum (egg)?

So you see that your advise that he should abstain for a while to "recharge or reload" before firing again may be counterproductive. Doing so will imply him skipping weeks thereby failing to fulfil the requirement.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by afrika4real(m): 4:35am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

you can be worried after one year of uninterrupted sex
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by wax123(m): 4:42am On May 24, 2021
Is normal but stress, both mental and emotional stress are not good for conception....try to abstain or have sex few times prior to her ovulation, eat sperm boosting foods which garlic is one of them, then do it when she's ovulation...above all prayer is the key ...provided she has no past that ruin her womb...she will conceive ...give it time 6 months is not bad ...i know its not easy...but God will see you guys through

1 Like

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:01am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

one should get worried a year after marriage with regular sex at least thrice weekly on alternate days. If the woman is above 35, make that six months instead of a year.

Not every couple concieves immediately
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by vickydevoka(m): 5:04am On May 24, 2021
nemynely:

Hitting ones head on the wall has never cured a headache.
Running very fast in the wrong direction has never led anyone to the right/anticipated destination.
Please let's be guided, for the foundation is more important than the structure.
Preaching or propagating de word of god does not guarantee you heaven
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Focusmind: 6:15am On May 24, 2021
Two months is rather too short. How sure are you that you that she was ovulating when you both had sex?

What I did with my wife after our wedding was to have straight intercourse with her for 30 consecutive days without missing any day, every night and then early in the morning. I did it not to miss any of her fertile days within the month, which were not certain. lipsrsealed. The result was evident by the second month when I looked at her one morning after waking up to prepare to go to work and she was still tired, laying on the bed, unlike her. I immediately knew it had entered.

We now use that event to joke now shocked. I understand the pressure from the outside world but calm down so that anxiety doesn't set in, which affects sexual performance.

The greatest joy of any man is to give birth to his own and that shall be yours. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by srclark: 6:24am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

Oga relax your mind , just make sure you and your wife are medically okay and for your information everybody's timing is different . I have noticed marriages that produce kids late are much more prepared for the kids and the kids turn out to have more opportunities in life . So calm down bro ."DELAY IS NOT DENIAL"

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by afamaustin(m): 6:26am On May 24, 2021
Keep trusting in God my brother,the Lord that did it for me will do it for you

1 Like

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Nsayorbung: 6:29am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

6 months if the woman is above 35 and 1 year if below.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Oshokalo: 6:29am On May 24, 2021
Nawa o ,u don huzzle to marry now u won struggle to become a father
Somebody say u should pray and keep fucking her,I m now thinking how the prayer will be like
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

Didn't have sex during dating or you use condom?
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by BRATISLAVA: 6:35am On May 24, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Safe abortion doesn't damage the womb.Some women have problems conceiving due to various health factors and many of these women never had abortions nor any so called immoral ifestyles too.

The female anatomy is different for every woman some conceive easily others do not.

They only want to believe women are promiscuous. They cannot reason beyond abortions. Even supposedly educated men will come out with that rubbish, even the ones who have erectile problems.

If you check some of these cases, it's the man who has erectile and ejaculation problems. After all the happy sex they got, they've contracted enough STDs to wilt their willies and are looking for who to blame because it's easy to blame women in Nigeria for their every misfortune.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by queenfav(f): 6:37am On May 24, 2021
boldx:
Young man, please calm down. I had a similar experience and my wife did not conceive even after 2 to 3 months into the marriage. She told me about it but because of my faith in God, I told her that she should remove her mind from that matter that God will do it. I was not perturbed about it one bit.

And it happened that she became pregnant almost immediately. We never discussed her worries again.

Bottom line:
1) Don't stress your wife
2) Don't cause wahala in your marriage.
3) Support her and do not give room to fear!!!

It will come to pass if you believe without doubting in Jesus' name. It all depends on your faith and relationship with God.
Exactly,i had my first baby almost two years after marriage.Just enjoy your marriage as a couple alone first before kids come.Pregnancy and having a baby comes with it's own stress and major financial/living changes that I don't think a couple should even take on immediately after marriage.Best approach is to chill,it will happen when it will happen.There is no competition or timeline for having kids.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Ladylawyer(f): 6:39am On May 24, 2021
Anxiety is not God for a woman that is trying to conceive. Two months is still very small for you to worry. Remove your mind from that for main time and Bleep the hell out of your bride. Also take care of your health if there is any infection and what your eat matters. Goggle foods that boast sperm etc.
This is my prayer everyday that once i marry, fruit of tne womb should follow immediately because i do not like stress and worry. Future hubby hope you are taking care of your machine as i am doing mine.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Successmind(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2021
I been even think u said 2years.....why worried coz of two months...
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by owowa145(m): 6:51am On May 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

Eleribu!!! angry Married women should be off limits for this kind of jokes or comments nah.

As for the OP, 2 months

My parents were together 8 years before they had first born and they later had 3 more children making 4.

Just visit the doctor and take necessary physical/medical measures to ensure you guys are okay. Then continue to pray and fvck, until God answers your prayer through your fvcking.

2 months is quite early to be worried. Wetin happen?
Ur parent (Fada) should so a DNA test on Y'all d children.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by imagrg(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2021
Oh boy! Rest your anxiety. If you know you are OK and she is Ok as well, you surely will make children. But remember to have the number of children you can effectively take care of. Please don't make her a sex doll simply because you want to make children. Give her some breathing space...you can knack her once or twice a week...nor be food jare!
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Nobody: 7:03am On May 24, 2021
Two months?? Please don't give that new bride BP.

Me That is even saying I'll enjoy myself for sometime first after marriage before taking in.

Baba God give me an understanding man. All this "Russians" self.

Two months is too early. Haba!
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Tonway(m): 7:04am On May 24, 2021

Could you render advice as well as share your experience here? How long did it take you or your wife to conceive after marriage?[/quote]

Oga cool down, the thing would come. Two months is too short a time to get yourself all worked up. Sometimes the anxiety could be responsible sef
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Chinny024(f): 7:05am On May 24, 2021
zeenaman:

After one year of interrupted coitus!!!!
You people can see a doctor if you wish..I think two months is too early to worry!!!.
Re: At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? by Longman8: 7:08am On May 24, 2021
Medical practitionals will only tell u what they think, only GOD knw altimate time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Help! Family Planning Keeps Failing Us, She Is Pregnant Twice This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.