Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684836 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayodeji786: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chinnychappy:
Hi Ay, pleasemay I find out why you turned down Dalhousie 'soffer? I intend applying to the school for graduate prog

I turned it down because I had two other offers with full funding from Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Saskatchewan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
Freebands01:

Amen I claim it. I think my application is being handled in Lagos, I just received an email from them just now that my profile has been updated and I can’t find anything there

It will end in praise
wow nice. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Good morning my people, I've come to share my timeline to encourage others just the same way I was encouraged with other people's timeline. God's time is truly the best.

Timeline
1st application: 30th August 2020
Biometrics:2nd September 2020
Refusal letter: 11th September 2020
I had 4 reasons for refusal
- purpose of visit
- limited employment prospects in my country
-my current employment situation
-personal assets and financial assets.
The decision was made from their China office.

At that time I didn't know what gcms notes were and I wasn't active on nairaland so I just decided I will re-apply.

2nd application-23rd of February
NSE request:16th March
Submitted Mybankstatement(Submitted my own and my brother's company account statement) on the 29th March and also wrote to them to go through the normal route because I didn't have ielts (i had but my writing score was 5.5)
upfront medical : 29th of April
Medical passed: 19th April
All these while my profile was still on background check.
I became active on nairaland towards the end of May and I started reading other people's testimony/experiences and I started wondering when me too I will share my own good news. Before now, I could stay for 2 weeks without checking my profile but when I became active here, I started checking twice a day�. I didn't even know what ghost update meant and had never taken note of it until I read about it here and started looking out for it.
1st ghost update: 7th June
2nd ghost update: 9th June
Checked my profile and noticed they just updated that eligibility review has started
Bvl: 10th June 8:38am
Ppr : 10th June 8:42am
I just fell on the floor and started thanking this faithful God.
Mine is a testimony because its a switch from my first degree
1st degree was computer science, then I gained admission in George Brown College to study Culinary Management.
Since after my service year in 2015, I've been actively doing catering business.
I did a short diploma course with red dish culinary school in Lagos and have a certificate from it so I added it in my application.
My elder brother is my main sponsor but used his company account to sponsor me, my elder sister also wrote a letter saying she will be supporting me financially and she put her offer letter and pay slips.
I also showed about 4.6m in my account.
Also, for more than 2 years, my brother's company has been paying me monthly because I cater for their lunch so this also helped as I indicated it as salary.

I put in a lot my brother's company documents even existing contracts they have with some IOC'S. I also submitted an Affidavit of support from the company.

I'm just so grateful to God because its not of him who Wills, nor of him who runs but of God who shows Mercy.
Thank you to everyone here who kept our hope alive by sharing their own testimonies, you don't know how seeing good news here helped me believe mine will soon come.

For everyone waiting for their good news, it will soon come In Jesus Name.

On a lighter note: I dey find cheap ticket now oh�

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
wole24:
Good afternoon all!

Please I need a serious advice plsssssssssssssss.
I have HND in Mechanical Engineering. Still working in the bankas as a contract staff for 5yrs now.
I want to apply for a PGD program in Canada.
I have plans for source of funds as my wife will be my sponsor because she's a federal govt. employee and also doing business in her personal name. We have 3 kids.My wanting advice here is, during the visa application process, the VO might asked I have been working in the Bank and why going for Engineering PGD. Who can advice me here what course I can really go for to make the process successful. Though my Bank salary is not up to 100k, but my other bank account is running very well with good inflows and outflows for Business reasons but I don't have a registered CAC also. Plsssssssssssssssssss house advice me because I'm confused!
For the past 5 years, what is the Job occupation/Job name and your Job Duties in the Bank as a Contract Staff?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
atiteb4:
yes seems so.
Okay,I received message that my Medical has been updated and I checked it was passed. It's upfront Medicals anyway, hoping for a good verdict soon.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Good morning my people, I've come to share my timeline to encourage others just the same way I was encouraged with other people's timeline. God's time is truly the best.

Timeline
- purpose of visit

At that time I didn't know what gcms notes were and I wasn't active on nairaland so I just decided I will re-apply.

Submitted Mybankstatement(Submitted my own and my brother's company account statement) on the 29th March and also wrote to them to go through the normal route because I didn't have ielts (i had but my writing score was 5.5)
I became active on nairaland towards the end of May and I started reading other people's testimony/experiences and I started wondering when me too I will share my own good news. Before now, I could stay for 2 weeks without checking my profile but when I became active here, I started checking twice a day�. I didn't even know what ghost update meant and had never taken note of it until I read about it here and started looking out for it.
Checked my profile and noticed they just updated that eligibility review has started
1st degree was computer science, then I gained admission in George Brown College to study Culinary Management.
Since after my service year in 2015, I've been actively doing catering business.
I did a short diploma course with red dish culinary school in Lagos and have a certificate from it so I added it in my application.
My elder brother is my main sponsor but used his company account to sponsor me, my elder sister also wrote a letter saying she will be supporting me financially and she put her offer letter and pay slips.
Also, for more than 2 years, my brother's company has been paying me monthly because I cater for their lunch so this also helped as I indicated it as salary.

I put in a lot my brother's company documents even existing contracts they have with some IOC'S. I also submitted an Affidavit of support from the company.

I'm just so grateful to God because its not of him who Wills, nor of him who runs but of God who shows Mercy.
Thank you to everyone here who kept our hope alive by sharing their own testimonies, you don't know how seeing good news here helped me believe mine will soon come.

Wow. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Callioge: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Congratulations dear. My testimony is coming. Amen
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Okay,I received message that my Medical has been updated and I checked it was passed. It's upfront Medicals anyway, hoping for a good verdict soon.
Thanks
congratulations in advance. Did u go through NSE route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

Congratsssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mhozzis(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Thanks

pls, how was your medical report submitted? Just did upfront medical too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jolek15: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please how do I pay the application fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wole24: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lekiboboe:

For the past 5 years, what is the Job occupation/Job name and your Job Duties in the Bank as a Contract Staff?
Thanks for your response!
Retail Sales Agent.
1. Opening of Accounts
2. Processing of loans of high volume
3. Due diligence when carrying out Customers transactions.
4. Attending to customers complaint and get it resolved within the short possible time.
5. Carrying out drastic KYC procedures
6. Attending compliance lessons every month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone, I just got a mail from Lagos office that my tuition receipt has been added to my application.

1. Does this mean Lagos is the office handling my application?
2. I had previously sent 2 emails to add my IELTS and MBS to my application. But its only the tuition receipt that was acknowledged? Does this mean the other 2 have not been added and should I send another mail again or there's no need?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KejiA: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have an idea of hotels in Toronto that give refund on the compulsory quarantine booking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by feistymikey(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please as anyone use Guaranteed Investment certificate as a proof of funds?? How does it work pls ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
atiteb4:
congratulations in advance. Did u go through NSE route?
No o, just normal process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
mhozzis:

pls, how was your medical report submitted? Just did upfront medical too
I submitted by through Webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Goodnessandmercy: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
Congratulations
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
EmeeNaka:
No o, just normal process
wow. What about your eligibility? Has it started reading? Did they send u NSE request? If so when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kobby84: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
What did you do different from the first refusal and how did you counter the reasons they gave for the earlier refusal

Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
wole24:

Thanks for your response!
Retail Sales Agent.
1. Opening of Accounts
2. Processing of loans of high volume
3. Due diligence when carrying out Customers transactions.
4. Attending to customers complaint and get it resolved within the short possible time.
5. Carrying out drastic KYC procedures
6. Attending compliance lessons every month
Due to your 5-years Education Gap, and your Work Experience not related to Mechanical Engineering, a PG.Cert program related to your Job (Retail Sales Agent) is what you should go for.

You need to get some very important supporting documents for your admission e.g Canadian Style Resume (detailing your 5-years Work Experience as a Retail Sales Agent - Summary, Area of Expertise, the bank or banks you have worked as a Retail Sales Agent), Cover Letter for Admission, Certificate related to Retail Sales Agent, if any (e.g free or paid online courses on Retail Sales).

See the link below to download
- Canada Résumé template.docx
- Cover Letter Sample for Admission.pdf

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

Am not a Commerce/Finance Person but based on your Job Duties as mentioned, your Retail Sale Agent Job has a Touch of Customer Care Rep. & Marketing.

That been said, take your your time and do a thorough google search on the;

PG. Cert in Marketing programs and College's offering them in the link below
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Marketing&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Check the Course Outlines of each Marketing PG. Cert programs and select the one/ones that relates to your Job Duties

Since you would be going for a Program you have Work Experience in ,but no Academic Background (as a Mech. Engineering), take your time & read the content in the link below (Very Important)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Await more suggestions from members in this group who are into Commerce & Finance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
Congratulations!!!
The month of July will be my month ... In Jesus name. Amen!
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Ayodeji786:

I turned it down because I had two other offers with full funding from Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Saskatchewan

Hey Ay, have you decided on which of the two to go for? I also got full funding from unisasks. We could connect if you don’t mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
I submitted my IELTS result, upfront medical and mbs but I don't have up to 30kcad so I don't know if they are treating it as nse but I doubt.

OctGsam:

Did you apply with NSE documents or normal documents for processing? @Sweetjj
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wole24: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Due to your 5-years Education Gap, and your Work Experience not related to Mechanical Engineering, a PG.Cert program related to your Job (Retail Sales Agent) is what you should go for.

You need to get some very important supporting documents for your admission e.g Canadian Style Resume (detailing your 5-years Work Experience as a Retail Sales Agent - Summary, Area of Expertise, the bank or banks you have worked as a Retail Sales Agent), Cover Letter for Admission, Certificate related to Retail Sales Agent, if any (e.g free or paid online courses on Retail Sales).

See the link below to download
- Canada Résumé template.docx
- Cover Letter Sample for Admission.pdf

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

Am not a Commerce/Finance Person but based on your Job Duties as mentioned, your Retail Sale Agent Job has a Touch of Customer Care Rep. & Marketing.

That been said, take your your time and do a thorough google search on the;

PG. Cert in Marketing programs and College's offering them in the link below
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Marketing&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Check the Course Outlines of each Marketing PG. Cert programs and select the one/ones that relates to your Job Duties

Since you would be going for a Program you have Work Experience in ,but no Academic Background (as a Mech. Engineering), take your time & read the content in the link below (Very Important)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Await more suggestions from members in this group who are into Commerce & Finance
Chai this is lovely!!!
I really appreciate Boss. I will do my research and revert. Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Congratulations! I connect to the postive testimony in Jesus name!

Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Timeline
- purpose of visit

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
atiteb4:
wow. What about your eligibility? Has it started reading? Did they send u NSE request? If so when?
No o, eligibility has not started. There has not been NSE request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dabricious: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
So I added a property deed of gift from my dad,
My salary was also raised so I added the letter and pay slips
Kobby84:
What did you do different from the first refusal and how did you counter the reasons they gave for the earlier refusal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chai. Congrats to all PPR holders. It will soon reach all of us ooo. My own is to be showing application/profile updated but still nothing updates. 2 ghosts update in a week now oo.

God touch the junior and senior VO's assessing my file ooo.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
please don't ignore

how can I change my mail for gckey and password
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chinnychappy: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
[Do you know if Dalhousie offers full funding?... I will also apply to MUN n Usask... I need full funding... Guess I need to start doing cold mails to profs for possible funding for masters Fall 2022quote author=Ayodeji786 post=102607268]

I turned it down because I had two other offers with full funding from Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Saskatchewan [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.