Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692675 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
ossysam1:
Good afternoon Nairaland Family.

Please I would like to know if someone can apply for study permit (PGD) without part payment of school fees. In other words, is part payment of school fees compulsory before submitting application.

Please note; the school has already sent a conditional offer of admission. Below is the content of the letter;

"Dear ......

This letter confirms that you met the provisional admission offer for the post degree in ......offered at the unversity of winnipeg ...

Met Admission requirement form - use this document for your application to IRCC for a study permit. Pleas consult with IRCC to determine if you can apply for a study permit with a provisional letter, or you should wait until you receive an unconditional offer"

Thank you.

Does you studies make it compulsory, if it doesn't, it is not a must you pay a part before submission of application, however, you can explain this in you SOP, and also show the fund in your account.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

Congratulations.... You are favoured in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Wow! Okay... I’ll ask around. Thank you NgumimiT ��

NgumimiT:

If you know someone that has the paid version of Adobe get them to optimize and resize it from there. That’s what I used and I got to 3MB and all documents were very clear

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thaiy:

It's sad that you got refused. You are a frees spirited person and looks at things with a different perspective.

Do not get discouraged, order your gcms and reapply if that's where you priority lies.

I wish you all the best.....it will end in praise.

Thank you very much, bro. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
Toopee:
I got same too

Let’s keep the hope alive

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello all.
Been a silent reader/observer. You all are doing a good job here, especially the gurus. The info I have received from this platform is priceless.
Kudos!

Kindly see my attached timeline.
I ignored the NSE request because my sponsors are UK citizens (UK Bank Statements).

Going by their NSE policy, my app’s timeline officially commenced from 5th April.

On 7th June I sent an urgent email to Lagos/Nairobi/London offices to know the status of my application. The mail was acknowledged but no other response till now.

Should I apply for my notes?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
TennieYF:
Please which category did you choose no?

Choose “no” here instead.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 9:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Freebands01:

Let’s keep the hope alive
By God’s grace, we’d rejoice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please appeal this decision. Contact Ogayemi law firm on Twitter or Instagram(Ogayemi_immigration). He is a licensed Immigration Lawyer in Canada and has been called to the bar there. His website his www.ogayemilawfirm.com. He is really good.
olupatito:
I dont mind appealing, if any one can guide me through or give me the contact of a lawyer I can work with,biko

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
CHIKACIC:
Hello all.
Been a silent reader/observer. You all are doing a good job here, especially the gurus. The info I have received from this platform is priceless.
Kudos!

Kindly see my attached timeline.
I ignored the NSE request because my sponsors are UK citizens (UK Bank Statements).

Going by their NSE policy, my app’s timeline officially commenced from 5th April.

On 7th June I sent an urgent email to Lagos/Nairobi/London offices to know the status of my application. The mail was acknowledged but no other response till now.

Should I apply for my notes?
You can but I don't think you'd see any beneficial info. Most April applications are yet to be finalized, NSE or no NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pandasofire(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
My maternal cousin wants to sponsor my Masters studies in Canada

Please how can I prove this to the VO since he's not my immediate family member.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
shupy:

You can but I don't think you'd see any beneficial info. Most April applications are yet to be finalized, NSE or no NSE.

@shupy, thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Yh thank you so much

Lamideyy:

Wow
Seems like they truly haven’t started reviewing your eligibility
The eligibility isn’t meant to be blank if suppose
The criminality passed and complete info sharing is something though
At least it shows someone has worked on your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Adwoa816: 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
[quote author=Adwoa816 post=102543046][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Adwoa816: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good evening my good people.
I have already been granted my study permit, however I am yet to leave for Canada. Whiles here I want to apply for my 6 year old son to join me. On this thread, I have seen people applying for either a study permit or visit visa for their kids.
If I choose to apply for the study permit, on the IMM1294e form(study permit form),
1. do I have to enter the details of my school on the form(since he has to get to Canada first before he is enrolled in school) ?
2. Do I enter the tuition cost etc of my study or I should just indicate that is not applicable. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
Xixteen11:
Hello everyone. Please just a quick one: I want to start my application for study permit and I have just few questions to set me in the right path.
1. I finished from coutonu university but I’m from Nigeria.
2 I studied international relations.
My questions now are:
Can I still go for PGD in Canada and if yes what are the schools that I can apply to without the IELTS or any English exam. Thank you �
IELTS being waived for you as a Nigerian will be dependent on if you schooled in English in Nigeria within the last two years or so. Different schools have different policies or if you can establish that the language of instructions in your school is English, this often comes with am official letter from your school stating this but I'm sure you won't have issues with fanshawe college or university of Ottawa with your cotonou degree.
With your international relations you can still study in Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
shawn55ng:
Dear friends,
Please I need an advice cos I'm weak right now

NSE sent me mail that I should upload proof of fund and Proof of IELTS test results: Submit an IELTS Test Report Form that shows a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening). This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/25

Now my result is out and I got the following.
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6
Listening 5.5 did not meet 6 as stated
Reading. 5 did not meet up 6 as stated
Band score 6
My question now is can I upload it like that or follow the normal route as stated.

Should we not receive the above document(s) or information within 30 days of the date of this letter we will assume that you wish to be processed through regular channels and your file will continue being processed accordingly.

Please advise me if I should just do the following
1. toll the line of normal route as i am not interested of writing another exam right now.
2. Will the normal route still request for this IELTS?
3. Will this result affect my chances

Thank you

Save yourself the stress and follow the Normal route , normal route means to opting out of NSE which wouldn't require an IELTS result from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
olupatito:
I had a band 7.0 in in my ielts,which ai submitted with the application and later when I was asked for it again.
LRWS 7.5,7.0,6.5,7.O
My eligibility review is recommended pass. My husband and I submitted mybankstatement too

I think you were rejected for not making commitment like paying deposits
Seems like u guys had enough money but did not make commitment to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi Bright. Please DO NOT start your study permit application in December when your program starts in January because from what I’ve studied on Nairaland, it takes 4-12 weeks (sometimes more) to get a decision on the visa application. Also, you can make the payment for your tuition to reserve your spot and I don’t think you’re required to apply for your study permit immediately. Just don’t apply too late. I hope this helps
Oviebright:
Good evening everyone please I’d appreciate a response. I got letter of acceptance from Algonquin college this month and the I’m to pay my fees before July 23 to get tuition fees receipt and letter of admission . So I can apply for study visa. The problem now is that normally I need to provide proof of funds of 6 months from my sponsor I was wondering whether I can apply for visa December because the program starts Jan 22. So we can build up my sponsor statement of account from June to December. Because when applying you have to provide statement of account backwards 6 months from the date of application. Or whether I’m supposed to apply immediately after I get my letter of admission from the school. @frank and everybody
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Good morning my people, I've come to share my timeline to encourage others just the same way I was encouraged with other people's timeline. God's time is truly the best.

Timeline
1st application: 30th August 2020
Biometrics:2nd September 2020
Refusal letter: 11th
September 2020
I had 4 reasons for refusal
- purpose of visit
- limited employment prospects in my country
-my current employment situation
-personal assets and financial assets.
The decision was made from their China office.

At that time I didn't know what gcms notes were and I wasn't active on nairaland so I just decided I will re-apply.

2nd application-23rd of February
NSE request:16th March
Submitted Mybankstatement(Submitted my own and my brother's company account statement) on the 29th March and also wrote to them to go through the normal route because I didn't have ielts (i had but my writing score was 5.5)
upfront medical : 29th of April
Medical passed: 19th April
All these while my profile was still on background check.
I became active on nairaland towards the end of May and I started reading other people's testimony/experiences and I started wondering when me too I will share my own good news. Before now, I could stay for 2 weeks without checking my profile but when I became active here, I started checking twice a day�. I didn't even know what ghost update meant and had never taken note of it until I read about it here and started looking out for it.
1st ghost update: 7th June
2nd ghost update: 9th June
Checked my profile and noticed they just updated that eligibility review has started
Bvl: 10th June 8:38am
Ppr : 10th June 8:42am
I just fell on the floor and started thanking this faithful God.
Mine is a testimony because its a switch from my first degree
1st degree was computer science, then I gained admission in George Brown College to study Culinary Management.
Since after my service year in 2015, I've been actively doing catering business.
I did a short diploma course with red dish culinary school in Lagos and have a certificate from it so I added it in my application.
My elder brother is my main sponsor but used his company account to sponsor me, my elder sister also wrote a letter saying she will be supporting me financially and she put her offer letter and pay slips.
I also showed about 4.6m in my account.
Also, for more than 2 years, my brother's company has been paying me monthly because I cater for their lunch so this also helped as I indicated it as salary.

I put in a lot my brother's company documents even existing contracts they have with some IOC'S. I also submitted an Affidavit of support from the company.

I'm just so grateful to God because its not of him who Wills, nor of him who runs but of God who shows Mercy.
Thank you to everyone here who kept our hope alive by sharing their own testimonies, you don't know how seeing good news here helped me believe mine will soon come.

For everyone waiting for their good news, it will soon come In Jesus Name.

On a lighter note: I dey find cheap ticket now oh�

WhT is ghost update
And how do u know. U have a ghost update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 12:05am On Jun 12, 2021
Dabricious:
LONG POST ALERT:

Good morning my people, I've come to share my timeline to encourage others just the same way I was encouraged with other people's timeline. God's time is truly the best.

Timeline
1st application: 30th August 2020
Biometrics:2nd September 2020
Refusal letter: 11th September 2020
I had 4 reasons for refusal
- purpose of visit
- limited employment prospects in my country
-my current employment situation
-personal assets and financial assets.
The decision was made from their China office.

At that time I didn't know what gcms notes were and I wasn't active on nairaland so I just decided I will re-apply.

2nd application-23rd of February
NSE request:16th March
Submitted Mybankstatement(Submitted my own and my brother's company account statement) on the 29th March and also wrote to them to go through the normal route because I didn't have ielts (i had but my writing score was 5.5)
upfront medical : 29th of April
Medical passed: 19th April
All these while my profile was still on background check.
I became active on nairaland towards the end of May and I started reading other people's testimony/experiences and I started wondering when me too I will share my own good news. Before now, I could stay for 2 weeks without checking my profile but when I became active here, I started checking twice a day�. I didn't even know what ghost update meant and had never taken note of it until I read about it here and started looking out for it.
1st ghost update: 7th June
2nd ghost update: 9th June
Checked my profile and noticed they just updated that eligibility review has started
Bvl: 10th June 8:38am
Ppr : 10th June 8:42am
I just fell on the floor and started thanking this faithful God.
Mine is a testimony because its a switch from my first degree
1st degree was computer science, then I gained admission in George Brown College to study Culinary Management.
Since after my service year in 2015, I've been actively doing catering business.
I did a short diploma course with red dish culinary school in Lagos and have a certificate from it so I added it in my application.
My elder brother is my main sponsor but used his company account to sponsor me, my elder sister also wrote a letter saying she will be supporting me financially and she put her offer letter and pay slips.
I also showed about 4.6m in my account.
Also, for more than 2 years, my brother's company has been paying me monthly because I cater for their lunch so this also helped as I indicated it as salary.

I put in a lot my brother's company documents even existing contracts they have with some IOC'S. I also submitted an Affidavit of support from the company.

I'm just so grateful to God because its not of him who Wills, nor of him who runs but of God who shows Mercy.
Thank you to everyone here who kept our hope alive by sharing their own testimonies, you don't know how seeing good news here helped me believe mine will soon come.

For everyone waiting for their good news, it will soon come In Jesus Name.

On a lighter note: I dey find cheap ticket now oh�

Hello!
How did the company stands for you in the place of affidavit of support.
Can you give me the template of the affidavit.
What are the documents of the company you submitted?

Am also been sponsored fully by the company where i currently work through an offer of scholarship study they gave to me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 12:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello all.

Please what are the documents of the company that is willing to sponsor me, will provide?
How much in naira, should they have in the company's account?
Am been sponsored under the privilege of a scholarship of study in any school abroad, given to me by the company (Chairman's discretion)
Been working there for 10years...
Condition holding the scholar is to come back after study and continuing working in the same company.

What are my chances?
Is it convincing enough...
What are the company's documents?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olupatito(f): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2021
@ jfrazzy
I paid my complete school fees o and sent the receipts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olupatito(f): 12:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advises. I have ordered for another gcms note and will reach out to an immigration lawyer too.
Wish me well�

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:05am On Jun 12, 2021
All the best
olupatito:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advises. I have ordered for another gcms note and will reach out to an immigration lawyer too.
Wish me well�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WummieWummie: 3:04am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello everyone, please can anyone help with the link to book for medicals at IOM? I have not been able to get it directly. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:52am On Jun 12, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello All, hope we are having a good day?

There is nothing I have not done to resize my PDF. I’ve been on this since yesterday.

Please how did you guys compress your LOE and your documents? Nothing seems to work. Ilovepdf, smallpdf, pdfcompressor. Started with saving word to pdf, this reduced it.... but the struggle is to get to 4mb. I’m currently at 10mb.

I’ve taken out some documents too.

Please if anyone knows how I can solve this “problem”, please let me know as my tired is tired.

Thank you
Try any of these two file compressing methods

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/239#98929324

Credits: JustMellow

Tricks for Compressing your Documents (PrimoPDF) to a more smaller size than using ilovepdf
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/49#89624823

Credits: Nnonso16

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:54am On Jun 12, 2021
WummieWummie:
Hello everyone, please can anyone help with the link to book for medicals at IOM? I have not been able to get it directly. Thanks
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johnfem1: 4:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello Everyone.. pls I need some suggestion on the best way to proceed with my application.. I was looking to Submit my visa application early last month but due to delay with my Form A I have been unable to Submit. I processed the form A through access bank a month ago and it still haven’t been processed. I’ll like to ask if it possible to add the tuition fee receipt after submitting my visa application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dupsydooo: 6:24am On Jun 12, 2021
I made a mistake on my HUMBER COLLEGE application I was asked
Status in canada
Instead of me to choose student visa
I chose "other" Please how do I correct it.or do you think my admission will be forfeited?

Please help me ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by folla: 6:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Hi Everyone

Just providing helpful update on my wife's study visa which was approved last week.

She sent her international passport to Abuja Visa Application Centre (VAC), using the DHL 2-way courier, on Monday 7/06/2021. It got to Abuja VAC the next day. Counterfoil notification on 9/06/2021. Letter of Introduction issued on 10/06/2021.

Thankfully, she received her stamped passport on Friday 11/06/2021.

If you can, please send your international passport to Abuja VAC for stamping. Though costlier, it's faster. My wife's took just 5 days in all.

Wishing all study visa hopefuls, good success.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibukun2000: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2021
graceeeyyyy:
please i have a question; is there anyone travelling to Canada on the first week of July so we can split the hotel fees for quarantine?
am traveling on 14th

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.