Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (693861 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
childgodly:

Can someone help please
What I did was choose ‘ No’ in that category, and with your UCI and application number, the officer in charge will direct it to the appropriate visa office. You will get an acknowledgment mail that your enquiry has been received.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello, thank you for your response, so you're saying if I send a webform they would send me an acknowledgement via email?

Yes. Something like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello, thank you for your response, so you're saying if I send a webform they would send me an acknowledgement via email?

For my experience so far,
Yes they would send you an acknowledgment via email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Xixteen11: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone. Please just a quick one: I want to start my application for study permit and I have just few questions to set me in the right path.
1. I finished from coutonu university but I’m from Nigeria.
2 I studied international relations.
My questions now are:
Can I still go for PGD in Canada and if yes what are the schools that I can apply to without the IELTS or any English exam. Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Phiyin: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good day house can use a u.s dollar dorm account that has only existed for 6months as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Officialksolo: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good day house

Please as a self sponsor applicant can mine business partner issue a letter of support on my behave and I can also submit CAC documents which shows that the person is the assistant proprietor of the business

Looking forward to hear from you gurus

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Spectro:

I got a refusal though, for home ties both in Canada and Nigeria. Apparently, my ties in Canada are way more than those in Nigeria. I will order GCMS note. I may reapply or opt for the US. But US is priority right now.

I wish you all a delightful outcome in your applications. We learn every day, and some experiences are worthwhile, even though they are a bit sad. But we move!

I applied on March 11 by the way.

March folks will be getting decisions. Stay blessed.

It's sad that you got refused. You are a free spirited person and look at things with a different perspective.

Do not get discouraged, order your gcms and reapply if that's where you priority lies.

I wish you all the best.....it will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ToluDstar: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good evening everyone. Just wanted to say I just received my passport and the feeling is amazing.
I sent it to Abuja through a two way courier via FedEx on Thursday 3rd June, 2021. It arrived Abuja at close of business on Friday 4th June, 2021 so it didn’t get to the embassy until Monday, 7th June, 2021. I received counterfoil on Wednesday 9th June, 2021 and LOI the next day 10/06/2021. FedEx picked up my package yesterday 10/06/2021 and it arrived my house this evening 11/06/2021.
I recommend everyone to send their passports to Abuja for stamping as they are relatively more efficient than Lagos.

Goodluck everyone!
I’m still on the thread tho, I no fit commot here grin grin

I’ll be back with my landing gist guys!

Cheers.

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Phiyin:
Good day house can use a u.s dollar dorm account that has only existed for 6months as proof of funds?
definitely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Ha! I've sent like 5 different web forms so far and none has been acknowledged, hope I'm doing the right thing?

Lamideyy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TOMSY(f): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Good evening and a happy weekend to you all!

I have a question, I applied for my study permit since the 24th of February, and till now I haven't gotten the "eligibility review" update. I applied for GCMS notes 40days ago, and till now still nothing on that one. I've sent countless messages to IRCC, I only get their generic reply. What do you suggest I do? I am really tired of the whole thing.

Timeline
Feb 24th: Application
Feb 26th: Biometrics updated
May 1st: GCMS notes application
--- no NSE request at all

God save us all
Your GCMS notes is taking long because you applied from IRCC. Next time, it's advisable you apply for GCMS notes from CBSA. IRCC may take longer because they handle a lot of applications.

N.B The information from both methods are the same. If the notes are from CBSA, you even get info about your security.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Annettevoke:
Hello house, i just got a Medical request meanwhile i submitted upfront medical, what should i do? Remedical or resend it. NOTE, I have 2medicals with them from former application December 2020. Advise pls.

Use your most recent medicals. Provide them with the slip you were given. My thoughts though was the approved hospital should have uploaded your it to your profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please which category did you choose no?

Toopee:
What I did was choose ‘ No’ in that category, and with your UCI and application number, the officer in charge will direct it to the appropriate visa office. You will get an acknowledgment mail that your enquiry has been received.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Toopee:

Hm okay thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Congratulations

We can’t wait for landing gist o
grin
ToluDstar:
Good evening everyone. Just wanted to say I just received my passport and the feeling is amazing.
I sent it to Abuja through a two way courier via FedEx on Thursday 3rd June, 2021. It arrived Abuja at close of business on Friday 4th June, 2021 so it didn’t get to the embassy until Monday, 7th June, 2021. I received counterfoil on Wednesday 9th June, 2021 and LOI the next day 10/06/2021. FedEx picked up my package yesterday 10/06/2021 and it arrived my house this evening 11/06/2021.
I recommend everyone to send their passports to Abuja for stamping as they are relatively more efficient than Lagos.

Goodluck everyone!
I’m still on the thread tho, I no fit commot here grin grin

I’ll be back with my landing gist guys!

Cheers.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello, eligibility,security, hirv are blank. Criminality shows as « passed-bio » yes info sharing is complete.

Lamideyy:

What is showing in the Eligibility section of your gcms notes
You should find that at the bottom of the second page
Is your info sharing complete?
What about your criminality? Has it been passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shawn55ng: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dear friends,
Please I need an advice cos I'm weak right now

NSE sent me mail that I should upload proof of fund and Proof of IELTS test results: Submit an IELTS Test Report Form that shows a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening). This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/25

Now my result is out and I got the following.
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6
Listening 5.5 did not meet 6 as stated
Reading. 5 did not meet up 6 as stated
Band score 6
My question now is can I upload it like that or follow the normal route as stated.

Should we not receive the above document(s) or information within 30 days of the date of this letter we will assume that you wish to be processed through regular channels and your file will continue being processed accordingly.

Please advise me if I should just do the following
1. toll the line of normal route as i am not interested of writing another exam right now.
2. Will the normal route still request for this IELTS?
3. Will this result affect my chances

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Okay, thank you

shupy:

Are you considering another destination? You've waited 3 months already, why don't you go all the way. You'd be surprised a decision might be made even before July. Send a webform if you must. I don't think withdrawing is the right move.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
There is nothing on it though, only criminality is passed.

Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @Teenie19

Can you show us your gcms notes to know how to answer your questions well.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teeprecious: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lamideyy:

Are you pretty sure acknowledgement mails are sent for webforms? I believe that mail you got was because you didn't initially sent to Nairobi but the office u sent to confirmed receipt and must have told u to subsequently forward your documents to Nairobi where your file is being processed.
Someone else can correct me if am wrong tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ToluDstar: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lianna2020:
Congratulations

We can’t wait for landing gist o
grin

Thank you.
We are waiting for your own landing gist as well grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oviebright: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good evening everyone please I’d appreciate a response. I got letter of acceptance from Algonquin college this month and the I’m to pay my fees before July 23 to get tuition fees receipt and letter of admission . So I can apply for study visa. The problem now is that normally I need to provide proof of funds of 6 months from my sponsor I was wondering whether I can apply for visa December because the program starts Jan 22. So we can build up my sponsor statement of account from June to December. Because when applying you have to provide statement of account backwards 6 months from the date of application. Or whether I’m supposed to apply immediately after I get my letter of admission from the school. @frank and everybody
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello All, hope we are having a good day?

There is nothing I have not done to resize my PDF. I’ve been on this since yesterday.

Please how did you guys compress your LOE and your documents? Nothing seems to work. Ilovepdf, smallpdf, pdfcompressor. Started with saving word to pdf, this reduced it.... but the struggle is to get to 4mb. I’m currently at 10mb.

I’ve taken out some documents too.

Please if anyone knows how I can solve this “problem”, please let me know as my tired is tired.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
Residentourist:
FINALLY!!! AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, I AM HERE TO TESTIFY TO GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

I'd be back shortly to share details of my timeline.

Congratulations.... Canada will favor you.
It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
Teeprecious:

Are you pretty sure acknowledgement mails are sent for webforms? I believe that mail you got was because you didn't initially sent to Nairobi but the office u sent to confirmed receipt and must have told u to subsequently forward your documents to Nairobi where your file is being processed.
Someone else can correct me if am wrong tho

Well yes you are right
I think that worked for me though
I knew my file is in Nairobi but I still sent a general webform in order to get a response
The office forwards the document themselves to whoever is in charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
TennieYF:
Ha! I've sent like 5 different web forms so far and none has been acknowledged, hope I'm doing the right thing?

I guess you are!
Someone just said they do not send receipt acknowledgment email
To be sure, why not send a general webform( act like you do not know where your file is)
Maybe you’d get an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Teenie19:
Hello, eligibility,security, hirv are blank. Criminality shows as « passed-bio » yes info sharing is complete.

Wow
Seems like they truly haven’t started reviewing your eligibility
The eligibility isn’t meant to be blank if suppose
The criminality passed and complete info sharing is something though
At least it shows someone has worked on your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Yes you can apply for a PGD, many schools in Canada admit students without writting IELTS, make Google your friend in knowing these schools... Peace
Xixteen11:
Hello everyone. Please just a quick one: I want to start my application for study permit and I have just few questions to set me in the right path.
1. I finished from coutonu university but I’m from Nigeria.
2 I studied international relations.
My questions now are:
Can I still go for PGD in Canada and if yes what are the schools that I can apply to without the IELTS or any English exam. Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NgumimiT: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello All, hope we are having a good day?

There is nothing I have not done to resize my PDF. I’ve been on this since yesterday.

Please how did you guys compress your LOE and your documents? Nothing seems to work. Ilovepdf, smallpdf, pdfcompressor. Started with saving word to pdf, this reduced it.... but the struggle is to get to 4mb. I’m currently at 10mb.

I’ve taken out some documents too.

Please if anyone knows how I can solve this “problem”, please let me know as my tired is tired.

Thank you

If you know someone that has the paid version of Adobe get them to optimize and resize it from there. That’s what I used and I got to 3MB and all documents were very clear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Online application it is.. Go to RICC website and open an account and proceed with your application. Go to the first page of this thread for guidance.... Peace
emekaolu:
Please, how do I submit my visa application? The last time I did it, it was at VFS, Ikeja. I understand this has changed,
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:

Please send me a mail
I just did.
Are you a s/he?
You profile says a her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Princestan111: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi good evening... I am done with my hnd and i am thinking of applying for a school in canada for my pre masters... But then i want to know every documents i will need and if my current work place( company) can sponsor me for the study... [color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.