Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,965 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692651 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Which ghost updates did you get pls?

Ketima:
Chai. Congrats to all PPR holders. It will soon reach all of us ooo. My own is to be showing application/profile updated but still nothing updates. 2 ghosts update in a week now oo.

God touch the junior and senior VO's assessing my file ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayodeji786: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Victoryokondu:

Hey Ay, have you decided on which of the two to go for? I also got full funding from unisasks. We could connect if you don’t mind

Hey I’m in Canada already since 2019! We can connect if you want! Send me a PM

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayodeji786: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chinnychappy:
[Do you know if Dalhousie offers full funding?... I will also apply to MUN n Usask... I need full funding... Guess I need to start doing cold mails to profs for possible funding for masters Fall 2022quote author=Ayodeji786 post=102607268]

I turned it down because I had two other offers with full funding from Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Saskatchewan

I must confess, I’m not sure if Dalhousie offer full funding (however I know they have a lot of partial funding) but I can testify for MUN and USASK that they offer full funding.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chipo14:
Which ghost updates did you get pls?

Nothing was updated. Saw application/file updated like 30mins ago, but nothing was updated. This the 2 time this week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please if I want to send a webform how do I know what office to send it to? Should I just send to both Lagos and Nairobi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Iphiegrace:
Oh my God!!!

I saw someone here who submitted March 31 and has got a decision choi.... April people are you readyyyyyy? grin grin grin grin well na me close the month of April submitted on the 3oth.... let me join my faith with everyone expecting PPR... May God who did it for @Dabricious do it for us in Jesus name Amen!!!!
I submitted on the 29th April

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Freebands01:
I got an update on my profile this morning then I logged in and it says “we are reviewing the result of your medicals” . I thought it was supposed to be updated to pass?
I got same too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
Toopee:
I got same too
Let’s keep the hope alive

It’ll end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by drhammed: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Are you interested in AI & data-driven research?

Another Concordia University Professor lands a $1.6M grant for research on AI & Software engineering- CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope you know what that means?

Learn more about his work and Good luck.

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1403357184453394435?s=21

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mhozzis(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Pls can I use one webform for upfront medical and upload of other new documents not included in my initial application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
@frankrobbn @lekiboboe @justwise and all gurus, at what point is it advisable to withdraw application? My gcms notes shows they haven’t assessed my file at all even after 3 months...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
How/where do you see that please?

Ketima:

Nothing was updated. Saw application/file updated like 30mins ago, but nothing was updated. This the 2 time this week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Teenie19:
@frankrobbn @lekiboboe @justwise and all gurus, at what point is it advisable to withdraw application? My gcms notes shows they haven’t assessed my file at all even after 3 months...

Good day @Teenie19

Can you show us your gcms notes to know how to answer your questions well.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chipo14:
How/where do you see that please?

Don't know oo. It just appears near check full application. See attached screenshot. So seeing that and checking, still nothing was updated. I asked and was told is the ghost update.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone, I just got a mail from Lagos office that my tuition receipt has been added to my application.

1. Does this mean Lagos is the office handling my application?
2. I had previously sent 2 emails to add my IELTS and MBS to my application. But its only the tuition receipt that was acknowledged? Does this mean the other 2 have not been added and should I send another mail again or there's no need?

Hello TeenieYF
1. In my opinion, I do not think it means Lagos is handling your application. I also got a mail response from Lagos whereas my file is in Nairobi
2. Email is not the appropriate channel to send documents to IRCC. I would suggest you resend it via webform then a receipt of the document would be acknowledged
It’ll in end praise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankalvinz(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good evening and a happy weekend to you all!

I have a question, I applied for my study permit since the 24th of February, and till now I haven't gotten the "eligibility review" update. I applied for GCMS notes 40days ago, and till now still nothing on that one. I've sent countless messages to IRCC, I only get their generic reply. What do you suggest I do? I am really tired of the whole thing.

Timeline
Feb 24th: Application
Feb 26th: Biometrics updated
May 1st: GCMS notes application
--- no NSE request at all

God save us all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
feistymikey:
Please as anyone use Guaranteed Investment certificate as a proof of funds?? How does it work pls ?

Good day @feistymikey

Click the link below to know about GIC and how they work

https://arrivein.com/finance/all-you-need-to-know-about-guaranteed-investment-certificates-gics-in-canada/

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
Teenie19:
Are you considering another destination? You've waited 3 months already, why don't you go all the way. You'd be surprised a decision might be made even before July. Send a webform if you must. I don't think withdrawing is the right move.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Now I get it. My status still shows submitted even though eligibility has started. Fingers crossed for good news soon.

Ketima:

Don't know oo. It just appears near check full application. See attached screenshot. So seeing that and checking, still nothing was updated. I asked and was told is the ghost update.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2021
Teenie19:

What is showing in the Eligibility section of your gcms notes
You should find that at the bottom of the second page
Is your info sharing complete?
What about your criminality? Has it been passed?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Good evening and a happy weekend to you all!

I have a question, I applied for my study permit since the 24th of February, and till now I haven't gotten the "eligibility review" update. I applied for GCMS notes 40days ago, and till now still nothing on that one. I've sent countless messages to IRCC, I only get their generic reply. What do you suggest I do? I am really tired of the whole thing.

Timeline
Feb 24th: Application
Feb 26th: Biometrics updated
May 1st: GCMS notes application
--- no NSE request at all

God save us all

Who applied for the gcms for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
mhozzis:
Pls can I use one webform for upfront medical and upload of other new documents not included in my initial application

Yea you can
So far it doesn’t exceed the file size limit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankalvinz(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lamideyy:

Who applied for the gcms for you

I applied myself using "applyGCMS"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
childgodly:
Please if I want to send a webform how do I know what office to send it to? Should I just send to both Lagos and Nairobi?

Can someone help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankalvinz(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
childgodly:

Can someone help please

In my opinion, I'd tell you to send to Nairobi, then give it 3-4 business days and send thesame to Lagos, if you didn't get any reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
this nairaland sef tire me

how do I change my gckey email and password
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
olabisi6438:

A simple search on Google will give you this.

Follow this link

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1411&top=23

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
olabisi6438:

Why not do the research? And google is your friend. Besides, there’s the “forget password” option.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
Frankalvinz:

I applied myself using "applyGCMS"

Why not try gcmsonline
40 days is quite long

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
Frankalvinz:

In my opinion, I'd tell you to send to Nairobi, then give it 3-4 business days and send thesame to Lagos, if you didn't get any reply.
Oh wow
Thanks for the reply.
I actually sent to Lagos already, but I will wait and then send to Nairobi some days later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi Frankalvins, you applied for your gcms note 40 days ago and till now you haven't gotten the note you applied for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello, thank you for your response, so you're saying if I send a webform they would send me an acknowledgement via email?

Lamideyy:

Hello TeenieYF
1. In my opinion, I do not think it means Lagos is handling your application. I also got a mail response from Lagos whereas my file is in Nairobi
2. Email is not the appropriate channel to send documents to IRCC. I would suggest you resend it via webform then a receipt of the document would be acknowledged
It’ll in end praise!

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.