Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (705599 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by winta2007(m): 11:11am On May 28, 2021
Hello House,

I was trying to apply to University of Sakastoon and one of the requirements is to get a supervisor and I contacted one of the supervisors and here is one of the replies as attached in the image.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:13am On May 28, 2021
God bless you for taking time to reply questions @Lekiboboe

Lekiboboe:

Your response to the following questions will determine the PG. Cert program you can/should go for

- What year did you graduate (To address Study Gap)?

- What did you study for your HND?

- What is the name of your Job/Occupation?

- Is your Job/work experience related to your HND Degree? (To address Academic & Career Progression)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 11:15am On May 28, 2021
@base83 Congrats. When did your eligibility start?
Late April applicant are getting PPR. We've hardly heard from March and early April applicants. Maybe another office is now handling new applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 11:21am On May 28, 2021
Good to go quote author=Oreoluwamipo post=102132914]Guys here are the documents i am taking along for my Biometrics , am I good to go pls?

1.Biometric Instructions Letter - 3 pages printed colored.
2. Appointment Letter - 2copies printed Black&White.
3.Passport Data page - 2copies printed colored.
4. Passport & Nose mask.
5. Passport photograph ( Just in case)[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shawn55ng: 11:21am On May 28, 2021
Dear friend,
I have been asked to upload my bank statement from a site given to me but I don't get it.

Pls has anyone done it b4?

Pls is it the same thing as the attached.

Please guide me through.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:22am On May 28, 2021
Lianna2020:
God bless you for taking time to reply questions @Lekiboboe

Amen!! Thanks @Lianna2020

Stay Blessed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 11:24am On May 28, 2021
Congratulations to you.. please when did your eligibility review start?
Lianna2020:
Sent you a message

Please reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 11:25am On May 28, 2021
Congratulations.. please when did your eligibility review start?
base83:
PPR request dropped this morning!

I want to scream to heaven and thank God! I always wondered how it felt when people got the mail. Omo it is surreal! I was still tapping into Lianna2020's grace when i read her profile not knowing my own don come. I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread by giving information, asking questions or just giving others hope.
I will share my checklist o, because i saw someone's (cant remember the moniker) and created an Excel sheet from the post to serve as a guide for my. And i must say it really helped me. Hope mine helps someone too:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE SECTION

UNCONDITIONAL CERT. OF ACCEPTANCE - MBA University Canada West Oct Intake
FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA CERT diplomas- I attached my 2 diploma certificates as I am yet to finish writing the professional stage.UCW also has a pathway for combining MBA with ACCA professional level so i mentioned it my SOP
ACCA TRANSCRIPT
WES - (I had done this for my Express Entry profile so i just included it too, yes I was in the pool for EE when I applied for the TRV so e no affect)
IELTS CERT (same as the WES)

POF SECTION

AFFIDAVIT OF DECLARATION OF SPONSORSHIP - Hubby is my sponsor so did the affidavit
LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP - hUBBY AGAIN
6 MONTH BANK STATEMENT - Sponsor and mine
PENSION STATEMENT OF A/C - Mine
CERT. OF INCORPORATION - for sponsor's biz
TENANCY AGREEMENT - sponsor
CSCS A/C - letter from my stockbroker and cscs statement

CLIENT SECTION

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE - I sha talk plenty about my background, my move from microbiology to finance, my career progression, why MBA, my family (hubby & Daughter), and how I plan to come back and hope to become a policy maker like Ngozi Iweala (mentioned her as a mentor)
POLICE CERT- changed my mind last minute and didnt do this
CV
LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM EMPLOYER + work documents (employment letter, promotion, redeployment, salary increment etc)
BIRTH CERT. (hubby's own and daughter, cant find mine)
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT
PICTURE (hubby said ko nesesstri but i added this, one of us with our daughter on the naming, and one with her at age 2)
FAMILY REFERENCE (mention my parents and siblings in my SOP and IMM form)

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April
MEDICALS upfront update April 26
Biometric letter- Apirl 20, completed April 22
correspondence letter and PPR - May 28

No NSE request as initial App includes all requirement. No travel experience denied USA visa in 2017

It Has ended in Praise...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 11:26am On May 28, 2021
winta2007:
Hello House,

I was trying to apply to University of Sakastoon and one of the requirements is to get a supervisor and I contacted one of the supervisors and here is one of the replies as attached in the image.

This professor is really nice and the advice given is a gem. If you can follow through with it you will secure a supervisor soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ganiruogene(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2021
base83:

I want to scream to heaven and thank God! I always wondered how it felt when people got the mail. Omo it is surreal! I was still tapping into Lianna2020's grace when i read her profile not knowing my own don come. I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread by giving information, asking questions or just giving others hope.
I will share my checklist o, because i saw someone's (cant remember the moniker) and created an Excel sheet from the post to serve as a guide for my. And i must say it really helped me. Hope mine helps someone too:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA CERT diplomas- I attached my 2 diploma certificates as I am yet to finish writing the professional stage.UCW also has a pathway for combining MBA with ACCA professional level so i mentioned it my SOP
ACCA TRANSCRIPT
WES - (I had done this for my Express Entry profile so i just included it too, yes I was in the pool for EE when I applied for the TRV so e no affect)

POF SECTION

AFFIDAVIT OF DECLARATION OF SPONSORSHIP - Hubby is my sponsor so did the affidavit

CLIENT SECTION

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE - I sha talk plenty about my background, my move from microbiology to finance, my career progression, why MBA, my family (hubby & Daughter), and how I plan to come back and hope to become a policy maker like Ngozi Iweala (mentioned her as a mentor)
CV
LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM EMPLOYER + work documents (employment letter, promotion, redeployment, salary increment etc)
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT
PICTURE (hubby said ko nesesstri but i added this, one of us with our daughter on the naming, and one with her at age 2)

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

No NSE request as initial App includes all requirement. No travel experience denied USA visa in 2017

Big congratulations. All glory to God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ara2004: 11:30am On May 28, 2021
shupy:
Late April applicant are getting PPR. We've hardly heard from March and early April applicants. Maybe another office is now handling new applications.

Its so worrisome and problematic. Especially we - March applicants, its as if they practically forgot everything about us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Maputhohq: 11:31am On May 28, 2021
base83:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

Another beautiful timeline!!!!!
Congratulations to you!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 11:32am On May 28, 2021
shawn55ng:
Dear friend,
I have been asked to upload my bank statement from a site given to me but I don't get it.

Pls has anyone done it b4?

Pls is it the same thing as the attached.

Please guide me through.

Which bank did you use for your proof of fund?

If it is GTB you can request for MyBankStatement through the internet banking app and you will get the certificate containing the ticket number / password in your mail.

I don't have much info on other banks, most banks will attend to you by visiting a branch and explain that you need to send your statement to Canadian embassy through this route. They will send you the certificate containing the ticket number / password in your mail.

It is this MyBankStatement certificate containing the ticket number / password that you will upload for your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 11:35am On May 28, 2021
Ara2004:

Its so worrisome and problematic. Especially we - March applicants, its as if they practically forgot everything about us.

No need to worry.

It seems applications from mid April till May 15th are getting attended to. Also applications from late last year are being resolved too. Early February are also receiving decisions.

All in all, it indicate they are clearing the backlog of applications. I am sure in less than a month March and early April will start receiving decisions too.

May God ease all our affairs.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 11:35am On May 28, 2021
base83:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

Congratulations Base83. I tap into your grace and I join in saying thank you to the most high God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:36am On May 28, 2021
Congratulations!

base83:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Officialksolo: 11:44am On May 28, 2021
Good day

George brown college withdrawal / differ policy is very accommodative. I applied last year and differ my admission without paying a dine for another application and my money is still intact with them. I withdrawn my application and send the confirmation of withdrawal letter to the admission officer.

You can still contact them to differ the incoming semester.

Pumpkin25:
Good morning everyone,

I submitted my third application on Feb 16, submitted everything required for the Nse route. The only update I got on my application is my medical result, which was updated on Feb 26 and I passed, since then, I have got nothing from them. I am really worried, my first two applications was rejected. I'm taking a fashion course at George brown college, started last year sept, done with the first year, starting the second year this Sept. I missed two in-person classes already, though, most of my courses were delivered online. The deadline for my first semester 2nd-year fees is this June, I don't want to miss another in-person class. Pls what should I do? I'm just tired of checking my application account, hoping something would pop up. Pls, help me with suggestions. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:44am On May 28, 2021
winta2007:
Hello House,

Nice one, this prof. gave you a golden advice.

From the response of the Prof. you need to REVAMP your Mails before sending them to other Professors (Potential Supervisor). That mail is referred to as a COLD MAIL

In addition to the Profs. advice, take your time & go through the contents in the link below, then relate it to your field of study and research interests as it relates to your field of study/Academic Background/prior research experience. There are some other helpful information, documents & videos that can be of massive help to you e.g how to draft a Cold Mail, how to search for PROFESSORS Who has Research Areas aligning with you etc.

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/561#101054570

As a Prospective Graduate Student, you need to have the following to kick start your GRADUATE SCHOOL JOURNEY in CANADA

- Academic CV (Well drafted)
- Transcript (get the student Copy from your school)
- Cold Mail
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for GRADUATE School (not SOP for Visa Application)
- Cover Letter (if required)
- Letter of Confirmation of Proficiency in English Language (to be gotten your school in Nigeria) if you are from an English Speaking Country
- Published Thesis (might be helpful) but not Compulsory etc.

There are GRADUATE SCHOLARS on this platform, If you have further questions along the line, do ask

Note: Your target should be for FALL 2022 (September 2022) or WINTER 2022 (JANUARY), so you can begin now in advance by getting your Transcript (Student Copy), Drafting your Academic CV, sending Cold Mails to Professors in your field of study & research areas related to your field of study.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by base83: 11:50am On May 28, 2021
shupy:

I don't know if the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" means eligibility has started because i didn't receive any update in this regard. but it has been like that since my biometrics started showing completed

Thank you to everyone for the wishes, the Grace will transcend to every hopeful applicant.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 12:04pm On May 28, 2021
I'm going to Vancouver Bc.
oyinlove15:
Hello,

Is there anyone travelling to Vancouver BC June ending, let's share hotel accommodation together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 12:10pm On May 28, 2021
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
base83:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 28, 2021
krones:
Hi all, I have been a reader of this thread and finally got my admission to Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia. Thanks to everyone as I have learnt a lot from here and still needs advice.
Program: Post-Baccalaureate in Business Analytics
Duration of Prog: 2yrs.
I currently have roughly N12m in my personal account and N10 in my pensions savings account. I hope this is enough POF; gurus in the house your advice will be highly appreciated. Self sponsored. I hope to start my application next week.

I will keep y'all posted on progress.
what did u say ur pension savings is again?.am seeing #10
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:14pm On May 28, 2021
Guys please help. I was last denied the student visa 2019. I am about to reapply but whenever I try progressing after logging into my gckey, it keeps bouncing me to the home page of CIC. Please what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 12:16pm On May 28, 2021
atiteb4:
Guys please help. I was last denied the student visa 2019. I am about to reapply but whenever I try progressing after logging into my gckey, it keeps bouncing me to the home page of CIC. Please what can I do?
That must be from your Browser, what to do:
-Clear cache, cookies and history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 28, 2021
base83:

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

wow so fast.congrats dear.wish you d best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kemismallz: 12:17pm On May 28, 2021
base83:

Congratulations ... I tap into your testimony

CIC FORMS
IMM 1294
IMM 5257
IMM 5257

FIRST DEGREE CERT
FREE DEGREE TRANSCRIPT
ACCA TRANSCRIPT

POF SECTION

CLIENT SECTION

CV
PASS DATA PAGE
SSCE CERT
NYSC CERT

Timeline
App submitted - 19 April

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:18pm On May 28, 2021
gracedson:
That must be from your Browser, what to do:
-Clear cache, cookies and history.
boss I have over done that.. should I use Chrome or internet explorer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 12:20pm On May 28, 2021
atiteb4:
boss I have over done that.. should I use Chrome or internet explorer?
Try Chrome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 12:23pm On May 28, 2021
You are good to go but no need taking passport photographs because it's not needed.
I did mine on the 25th

Ekulu77:
Good to go quote author=Oreoluwamipo post=102132914]Guys here are the documents i am taking along for my Biometrics , am I good to go pls?

1.Biometric Instructions Letter - 3 pages printed colored.
2. Appointment Letter - 2copies printed Black&White.
3.Passport Data page - 2copies printed colored.
4. Passport & Nose mask.
5. Passport photograph ( Just in case)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 28, 2021
Beautiful morning to everyone in this house. please no one has answered my question as regards proof of funds .I realized most people that got PPR in thos group have over #30m in either their account or sponsor. please I want to know please what is the minimum a self sponsored person like me should have in total in Naira in my bank for the estimated 6 months bank statement including one year school fees as my one year fees in 17,550 CAD.i will be hoping for an answer from the Gurus in the house.plz help a brother oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Restoredglory: 12:31pm On May 28, 2021
My application is late last year and I am yet to get a decision.God into your hands I commit my application,let your mercy and grace locate my application AMEN

SuomyNona:

No need to worry.

It seems applications from mid April till May 15th are getting attended to. Also applications from late last year are being resolved too. Early February are also receiving decisions.

All in all, it indicate they are clearing the backlog of applications. I am sure in less than a month March and early April will start receiving decisions too.

May God ease all our affairs.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (676)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.