Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689241 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Theboysquare1: 12:39am On May 28, 2021
marcelonwa:

Be optimistic bro
It will end In praise
How long ur GCMS take before e reach ur hand

Ordered April 26
So let’s just say a month and a day or two
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 12:41am On May 28, 2021
Theboysquare1:

Ordered April 26
So let’s just say a month and a day or two

Why my own never drop
I ordered 26 April too
I used just Canada
Which people you use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmytobs: 12:46am On May 28, 2021
Hello house,

Hope everyone here is doing well.

I applied for my study permit application May 11. Having completed my biometrics on May 14, it's been quite a while since my Background Check has been in processing. I'll like to actually know the average time it takes for one's background check to be processed.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Theboysquare1: 12:50am On May 28, 2021
marcelonwa:

Why my own never drop
I ordered 26 April too
I used just Canada
Which people you use?

GCMS online

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 12:58am On May 28, 2021
Theboysquare1:

GCMS online
Okay bro
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Officialksolo: 1:27am On May 28, 2021
Congratulations bro...

Please have sent a mail to you and kindly respond to it bro

Regards

iampaulsmith:
Sorry guys I just want to do this once and for all.

First degree- B.Eng Civil Engineering
Applied to the University of Calgary for an M.Eng program (Geotechnical Engineering)
23yrs old at the point of applying and I applied few months after NYSC, so no study gap.
Sponsor — Sister (sibling) and husband

Documents Submitted
All required documents +Tuition schedule, admission deposit, and tuition receipt for a year (paid by sponsor).

Sponsor’s Document
Letter of Support
Intl Passport for her and the husband
6 months payslip
6 months bank statement for salary account
6 month bank statement for savings account (this account had the POF)
Tax return (a year)
Proof of house ownership
Proof of previous financial support (even transactions as far back as 6years ago, ticket receipt paid by sponsor during last travel, payment for UCalgary application fee, admission deposit, visa application fee & tuition payment)

Additional Documents
Statement of Purpose
Waec Certificate
First degree certificate (I didn’t add my transcript & CV. When I joined NL and I realised this, I became scared)
NYSC certificate
All exco related certificate (CDS, Church, Undergraduate)
Cert of origin, Birth cert, National ID
Proof of previous travel to the U.K.
Certificate for professional courses & professional bodies
Police certificate
Admission Letter to two schools in the U.K. (I wrote in my sop how I had two admissions in the U.K. for the same program but stated how my course is better taught in UCalgary than these other schools)

Family ties
Letter of support from father explaining my importance to the family as the only son
6months pay slip and salary account for father
6 months savings bank account for father
Last letter of promotion for father, mother & sister (just to show that family is established)
Work ID card for family members
Documents showing houses, land and cars
Picture showing the whole family.
My picture with sponsors and kids.

Note that I didn’t notarise any document or use any affidavit of support. I also didn’t submit birth certificate for any family member.

I know many people didn’t have to submit as much documents like I did and still got approved. Just know that every application varies.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:05am On May 28, 2021
Wow everything looks good so what’s causing the delay?
Theboysquare1:
My GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:12am On May 28, 2021
Good morning everyone

Please I’m sorry to bother

I’d like to know, when can one apply for her spouse and baby after getting study permit?

Is it when one gets to Canada or while in Nigeria?
What kind of visa will one apply for?
What’s the waiting time ?
Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 4:22am On May 28, 2021
I think the delay is because of the review required noted under eligibility. Senior officer still has to review your file . What is the due date of your file?

Theboysquare1:
My notes just landed. Please advice accordingly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jimogh111(m): 4:25am On May 28, 2021
Klem28:
Hello, I wouldn't know if your school allow you to register for student self Services. I applied for NBCC, New Brunswick and I paid my first semester via the students self Services. It was quite easy and seamless.

@Klem28 Thank you, but l really don’t have any idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 5:41am On May 28, 2021
You may also send mail to your school to ask for easiest alternative. Just my thoughts, I leave you for the gurus here. Cheers
jimogh111:

@Klem28 Thank you, but l really don’t have any idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Theboysquare1: 5:55am On May 28, 2021
Teenie19:
I think the delay is because of the review required noted under eligibility. Senior officer still has to review your file . What is the due date of your file?

Which section will I find that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by chinwenikky: 5:59am On May 28, 2021
@ Shupy. Thanks. I hope that I can ask other questions some other times.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johnpaul94: 6:01am On May 28, 2021
Theboysquare1:

GCMS online

Pls how were u able to pay for your GCMS notes, my gt bank card is declining.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mhozzis(m): 6:36am On May 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please what is ghost updates and how do I apply for upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:47am On May 28, 2021
chinwenikky:
@ Shupy. Thanks. I hope that I can ask other questions some other times.
Sure. Don't hesitate to do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zeongeon: 6:50am On May 28, 2021
Please how do I apply for visa online. My gtbank have been declining
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:14am On May 28, 2021
I submitted my application on 30th April,2021. I want to apply for GCMS note. My reason is that, since it takes 30-40 days for the note to be returned, it would correspond to 2months of my application submission and should contain a lot of what I need to know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ToluDstar: 7:45am On May 28, 2021
At least they’ve been responding to my emails and webforms. Same old story of active review and all that. It will end in praise o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Theboysquare1: 7:45am On May 28, 2021
Good day everyone. Please can someone help with format on how I can send email for them to expedite my visa processing. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 7:46am On May 28, 2021
https://www.thegcmsonline.com

Is this website you used?

marcelonwa:

Okay bro
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 7:53am On May 28, 2021
EmeeNaka:
I submitted my application on 30th April,2021. I want to apply for GCMS note. My reason is that, since it takes 30-40 days for the note to be returned, it would correspond to 2months of my application submission and should contain a lot of what I need to know.

Requesting for GCMS is a nice way to get a feel of there assessment of your application

Has your eligibility review started? If yes, you can request for the GCMS to see the assessment of the case analyst pending the time the visa officer will determine the final verdict.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:23am On May 28, 2021
SuomyNona:

Requesting for GCMS is a nice way to get a feel of there assessment of your application

Has your eligibility review started? If yes, you can request for the GCMS to see the assessment of the case analyst pending the time the visa officer will determine the final verdict.
the eligibility has not started. Someone said that sometimes, it doesn't matter. That someone can still request for GCMS notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:26am On May 28, 2021
Guys here are the documents i am taking along for my Biometrics , am I good to go pls?

1.Biometric Instructions Letter - 3 pages printed colored.
2. Appointment Letter - 2copies printed Black&White.
3.Passport Data page - 2copies printed colored.
4. Passport & Nose mask.
5. Passport photograph ( Just in case)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:29am On May 28, 2021
Indians get ppr faster than us lol

Emmasonic4me:

Imagine timeline. I hope this person doesn't have an insider abi na em papa dey manage IRCC ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:38am On May 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Indians get ppr faster than us lol

Most Indians go through SDS route. I doubt most Nigerian applicants would meet the requirements.
1 year tution fee
10k CAD GIC arrangement
And in most cases, a bank statement is required

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:41am On May 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Guys here are the documents i am taking along for my Biometrics , am I good to go pls?

4. Passport & Nose mask.
Good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 8:43am On May 28, 2021
Please help

Lianna2020:
Good morning everyone

Please I’m sorry to bother

I’d like to know, when can one apply for her spouse and baby after getting study permit?

Is it when one gets to Canada or while in Nigeria?
What kind of visa will one apply for?
What’s the waiting time ?
Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 8:43am On May 28, 2021
You do not need passport photographs

Oreoluwamipo:

4. Passport & Nose mask.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ooa1st: 8:56am On May 28, 2021
Since most Nigerian applicants can meet the requirement of NSE, they will surely match the SDS requirements.

Most Tuition are btw 15-18k CAD, this plus 10k living expense, gives at least 25-28K CAD, max you table a bank statement 2-5m Naira to complement it.

Many of us are good to go. Someone recently claim to have over 150k CAD, another claim hubby has almost same amount, the guy that drop GCMS update has over 30k CAD as PA after tuition deposit, even his sponsor has over 300k CAD.

I believe Nigerians will do justice to the SDS requirements. Even if I can't speak for anyone, I can for myself.

shupy:

Most Indians go through SDS route. I doubt most Nigerian applicants would meet the requirements.
1 year tution fee
10k CAD GIC arrangement
And in most cases, a bank statement is required

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by iampaulsmith(m): 8:58am On May 28, 2021
Done Chief
Officialksolo:

Congratulations bro...
Please have sent a mail to you and kindly respond to it bro

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Prisscindy(f): 8:59am On May 28, 2021
Chinnychappy:
[Quote author=Prisscindy post=102079938]
Implication of part time enrollment please?

Thank you.

Applied: 30th Nov, 2020
Biometric: 3rd Dec, 2020
Upfront medical passed: 5th Dec, 2020 not sure of the exact date
NSE Request: 21st Dec, 2020 (Ignored)
Long wait
Lectures started online: January 2021 (winter intake), registered as a part time student.
1st trimester ended: End of April 2021
Result: 1st week of May
Webform sent: 10th May, 2021 showing the 1st trimester transcript and new trimester registration including that on-campus lectures begin soon
Generic reply: 15th May, 2021
PPR: 2am this morning

Note: There was no update at all on the timeline apart from medical passed. Eligibility and the rest were waiting until PPR

She registered as part time because she hasn't gotten the visa yet and the trimester fees are deducted according to the credit hours registered.

Moreso, learning everything online would be difficult especially for an undergraduate

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.