Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (694322 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
lolathegenie:
When you go to the mbs website you can click on your bank and see the process to get a mbs. For most banks you can do it on your e-bank site. After you've gone through all the process they'll send you a 2 paged ticket to your email address that you can upload where they ask for your proof of funds

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
Good Day Everyone, Thanks for the help so far Please the middle name on my birth certificate is different from the one on my passport how can I rectify it Biko I need answers thank you and also is there anyone that is going to university of Windsor and has paid please I'm in desperate need of your help please I need it urgently
It is advisable u do affidavits for ur birth certificate or do another birth certificate . It is easier and cheaper than changing ur international passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
Innocey:
Please guys, I'll be going for my medicals at qlife in few days time and I don't reside in Lagos, I am coming from the east so please how do I go about it also I have been advised to stop at ojota and take a bus going to ikoyi but I need a better and more accurate direction from you guys please.
Drop at berger bus stop, u can join brt bus by downloading cowrywise app on playstore, recharge it from ur mobile and alight at TBS ( tafa balewa square) last bus stop. Enter keke going to eko Hotel roundabout, alight and take another bus along Ajose adeogun Street... Zenith bank Street, drop at sandfill bus stop and put the address on ur google map.

Option 2, take down uber and take uber from berger bustop. ..First bus stop in lagos to qlife address.
Journey mercies

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
I'm going there tomorrow, we could link up
Innocey:
Please guys, I'll be going for my medicals at qlife in few days time and I don't reside in Lagos, I am coming from the east so please how do I go about it also I have been advised to stop at ojota and take a bus going to ikoyi but I need a better and more accurate direction from you guys please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by omotolanibaby(f): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
may99:

Long Post Alert cool

Application Submitted——————- May 11
Biometrics Request————————May 13
Biometrics Completed——————- May 14
NSE Request———————————May 25
Medicals Passed ————————- May 31
NSE Submitted——————————June 11
Eligibility—————————————June 14
PPR&BVR————————————June 30

I tried to look for ghost updates but I didn’t have the tenacity to keep checking my profile every morning.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
- International Passport ( With 2travel histories)
Digital Photo
All IMM forms
Admission Letter with Tuition Information attached

Client Information
1. Request to be exempted from NSE
Yeah, I know grin. I started the application with the mindset of following the regular route. I wrote a five paragraphed letter telling them that I had TOEFL and didn’t want to write IELTS kiss
2. TOEFL Results
3. Statement of Purpose
I’m going for a masters course that aligns with my undergraduate degree. I pointed this out, I even made reference to my transcripts.
4. Course Breakdown and Registration Details
5. University Degree certificate
6. University Transcripts
7. Resume
8. NYSC Discharge Certificate
9. Police Clearance Certificate
10. Covid Vaccine Card (I was prepared) wink
11. Family Identity Cards

Proof of Fund Section (Sponsor- Mom)
1. Sponsor Letter
2. International Passport
3. Birth Certificate of Applicant Showing Relationship
4. MyBankStatement
5. Tax Certificate
6. Invoices
7. Land Documents
8. Car Documents
I haven’t paid tuition so no receipts.

NOTE

When I received the NSE request on May 25, I was like why nah... I already sent a letter stating I wasn’t interested. But my cousin in Canada convinced me that I should follow their instructions and write the exam. Now, I’m very happy I listened grin. I registered, read, and wrote the exam within a week. Reading within days was so stressful, but Thank God, I achieved a band 8.

For the proof of funds section, I had so many doubts because I wasn’t sure if I established my sponsor well. My dad retired 7 years ago and my mom is a business woman. My family agreed to use my mom as the primary sponsor. The issue lied with the type of business my mom did. She was into farming and wholesale distribution of agricultural products and services. I had no idea of how to use her as a sponsor because she registered her CAC in 1992 but she never incorporated it. Her trade was very informal and there were few documents to submit. I almost employed the services of an agent for advice on her profile as I didn’t know what to do. I am dropping this here because I saw someone ask a question on this earlier and I hope this helps.

1. I told her to pay for personal tax to state government SIRS. I abandoned her CAC documents which required FIRS and incorporation.
2. I asked her to provide invoices of her business transactions. I used some from last year and earlier this year.
3. I dropped 6 months MBS of her transaction account. (CIC didn’t ask for 1 year in the NSE request, so i didn’t bother dropping it. I figured 6 months of her account was overwhelming as she performs daily transactions and her 6mth statement was already going to 100 pages.
4. I made sure her letter explained what she does and how much she was going to use to sponsor my education. She also stated that I was her only dependent and that her and my father were going to cover all expenses.
5. I dropped documents for all her assets and some of my fathers assets. I didn’t have time to do a price evaluation of property so I only dropped Survey Plans and Approved Plans. I didn’t drop tenancy agreements.
6. I was very truthful.

Appreciations

Glory to Almighty God. My application wasn’t perfect but he made it good enough for an approval in the VOs eyes.

To My family, for their support.

And finally, to everyone on this thread, especially those that posted their stories, the issues they had and how they tackled it. A huge Thank you to the gurus that took their time to answer questions and put them in an easy-to-follow format. My application was a DIY and without Nairaland Canada Visa Thread, this result may have not been possible.

The type of joy I had seeing the approval this morning ehn, it deserves to be shared. I pray for positive results/approvals for all hopefuls on this platform.
congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Pls after upfront medical what next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
amen
shawn55ng:
I saw PPR rain on us this month of July.
Congratulations to those who have received theirs. God is the only one who can qualify the unqualified. This month I shall be favoured. My application shall be favoured in the eyes of the VO.
My PPR is on is way and I shall give testimony ijn

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
I think you can get an affidavit of adjustment of name. You can wait for input from other gurus here.

Carebeyondcure:
Good Day Everyone, Thanks for the help so far Please the middle name on my birth certificate is different from the one on my passport how can I rectify it Biko I need answers thank you and also is there anyone that is going to university of Windsor and has paid please I'm in desperate need of your help please I need it urgently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Guys i need your help/input for my student.

She graduated with a 3rd Class in Microbiology and now she's looking for a PGD program in Public Health or any health related field in Canada.

Please i need help in advising her on the way forward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
It’s def not a general thing as many of us already have our LOA. Write them ASAP to know the decision on your application

gulpreet:
Happy New Month, everyone. I applied to the University of New Brunswick for Graduate Studies (since January), for September resumption but I'm yet to get a response from them. I was wondering if it's a general 'thing' or my case is peculiar.
Please I'd like to know if anyone has heard from them.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes you’re the applicant and he’s the sponsor.
MyBankStatement is still a better option though for fast assessment of your application

Iffylove:
@shupy and @lawfree638
I just spoke with my co-sponsor and he asked if its my name that will be filled under the applicant and it is now 44 pages....
Is this acceptable?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Two options;
1. To to a Govt health center and do a re-issue of birth certificate

2. Go and swear an affidavit of name change (or whatever they call it)

Carebeyondcure:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
shams040:

Upload with your application or with webform if you have already submitted the application. Then Wait, Watch and pray for PPR to land. grin grin that's the stage plenty people dey

cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
September 2021 is late now, unless you’re already in Canada. Try January/winter or May/summer 2022

Tacogado:
Please house can someone apply to a school starting session by sept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ketima:

Wait, Watch and pray for PPR to land. grin grin that's the stage plenty people dey

cheers

Okay thanks, Do I need to upload or send anything to anybody or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Hi, I hope this answers your question
First you go to there website https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/ and create a profile.
1. You are applying for student GIC program
2. Minimum amount is $10000, you can do upto $20000 but bear in mind that this money will only be available on tranches for a period of 8 months or so.
3. Select resident country
4. Do not check the I'd like to pay in canadian dollars box
5.. you will see an amount in USD click on it and continue, that amount will be held for 20 minutes while u fill the form
6. After filling the form you will be contacted by the bank in 1-2 business days with an account number to pay into
7.. proceed to the bank and make the payment from a USD account
NOTE: payment can be only made once before you arrive to Canada. And PAYMENT MUST BE MADE FROM THE SAME NAME ACCOUNT OTHERWISE THEY WILL RETURN YOUR MONEY
thanks for your reply.i appreciate but it's my brother that wants to make this payment for me from Canada. he will be transferring it from his account in Canada. how do I go about this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Upload via web form , that’s if you’ve submitted your application
shams040:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
shams040:

Okay thanks, Do I need to upload or send anything to anybody or what?

yes, submit the E-medical via webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Get it and include it in your application under proof of funds

Amenmay:
Please ooooooo this myBankStatement of a thing is it submitted before or after you have submitted your application. Because as is bank that will send it, I’m sure it will not be included in the form..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
shams040:

Thank you for this. I'm there now. Anyone there also?
am in qlife at d moment. where are u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes, you can get there from sandfield.... When you get there, get transport to Eko hotel.

Blazca:
Please guys. Qlife is close to sandfill bus stop right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
Submit your application if you haven’t already.
Then wait for IRCC to send you the next point of action, which hopefully will be PPR

shams040:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thaiy:

Congratulations...... Canada will favour you

Amen, thanks.

May God ease all our affairs.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Enjay316:

please @ frankrobbn1 please I need u to advice me.my brother is going to be my co sponsor as he is writing a sponsorship letter that he will be responsible for my living expenses for two years while I will be responsible for my school fees.i have a sitting balance of #13m in my Nigeria account and I intend paying my 1st year school fees from there .plz how can he open a GIC account for me.he intends submitting his letter of employment and that of his wife and his recent 6 months pay stub but does not want to submit his statement of account cos he has been paying 4 his house so he really does not have a good balance. note that he is a permanent resident in Canada and his wife is a Citizen.i wanted to be self sponsored before until I heared from this thread that if I am self sponsored I should have my whole school fees in my account and living expenses for the two years which I really do not have as I have just about #13.5m.so please I want to know if it's ok for him to sponsor my living expenses by opening a GIC for me and not show his account statement. just mine.also am wondering how he can open it for me as he does not know how to.please do respond I beg
I am really hoping someone helps me with this .am confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Okay cool. You need to review your application all over again, most especially your SOP.

You need to portray yourself as you are right now and be truthful. You can enlist the help of any of the Gurus or engage @Gcmwriters on Instagram, to ensure that you reapply with a really tight application this time. All the best

Akanoa:

My mom was my sponsor.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
This is my birth month..even though I am yet to apply because I deferred my admission..
I pray for PPR for all hopefuls in Jesus name..
July will favor everyone..Amen

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Your brother will have to transfer the money to you.
The debit can only occur in the same Name with the GIC account. So you should open a dollar account that he can fund, if you don’t already have one.

Enjay316:

thanks for your reply.i appreciate but it's my brother that wants to make this payment for me from Canada. he will be transferring it from his account in Canada. how do I go about this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Enjay316:

I am really hoping someone helps me with this .am confused
Don't do GIC. Your brother should pay for your tution fee. If possible 75% of the entire fee, and with the balance in your account, you're good to go.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Khamon: 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
hy guys, happy new month, i wish Gods blessing for every one waiting for ppr. but while we are waiting for it, i will advice everyone to get a skill that with help assist them financially in Canada. God go do am

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thanks. Is it very close to eko hotel?
ritzzybaron:
Yes, you can get there from sandfield.... When you get there, get transport to Eko hotel.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Khamon:
hy guys, happy new month, i wish Gods blessing for every one waiting for ppr. but while we are waiting for it, i will advice everyone to get a skill that with help assist them financially in Canada. God go do am
Thank you for this Khamon. This is truly truly a fantastic advice and I enjoin all of us PPR hopefuls to take this advice and execute it to the fullest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49