Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,232 members, 7,825,894 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (694380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gulpreet: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
[quote author=Genyc post=103257463]It’s def not a general thing as many of us already have our LOA. Write them ASAP to know the decision on your application

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gulpreet: 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
I had same issue like yours at Dalhousie university. I contacted my faculty but no response. Maybe you should copy your faculty, department or something.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Soft landing gist
I booked Ethiopian airline for 1:40pm.
I said my final goodbyes and moved to the airport. I got there by 9:30 thinking I’m late because of the story I read here as per queue but there wasn’t any.
They didn’t allow my husband to enter and I had to tip them 500.
We proceeded to where they were suppose to check my bag but the woman asked for money n we moved to declare agricultural product, I had just one bag and I paid 2,000.

Next was to get my boarding pass. My bag was 43kg and so didn’t need to pay but paid 1000 to wrap my Ghana must go that had my foodstuffs.

I was asked for my passport , enrollment letter , arrive can , hotel for quarantine and COVID-19test result.(everything was printed out so was easy to find).

Everything was so smooth until the man said my covid 19 go soon expire by the time I reach .
Na that time I wan cry , pe village people u must show yourself o.
I waited for 30 minutes plus, the sneakers self pain me join , I come Dey frown face, the old man slow join, come Dey read bible abi wetin to show my covid go expire. I sha pretended and maintained my calm.

After series of back and forth, I was allowed to move to where we have the computer so I can scan my pp.

Then I was issued my yellow card where I have to fill my form and my boarding pass . That’s how one man said let me help you fill your form , olodo me allowed him, when he wrote my first name then nairaland tip hit pe, this man wants money like this o. I told him, don’t worry o, I go fill am, I filled it myself and when I was about to return his biro, he said find joy for your brother now, chai I said to myself , upon say I don read landing gist here back to back , I still looseguard. I sha gave him 500 naira.

I moved to eat and told my hubby to take all naira as e don finish , pe no more tipping then moved to final e boarding gate where we have the immigration officers.
First officer checked and asked for tip.by that time no more naira as I wouldn’t have thought , uniform people go want tip .I gave him 1 dollar and he said just one ? I said sorry o.
I was now directed to the second person where he checked and asked my my Canadian address and Nigerian address, I gave my Airbnb addrsss and number and did my fingerprint and he asked for tip too before stamping my pp. I gave him 1 dollar n apologized that I didn’t think I’d need to pay in here hmmm.
Then final final checks again, by that time I don tire , they checked my handbag and saw dried meat wey I wan Dey munch small small, the woman said I don see exhibit , settle your girl, for my mind, u no see shishi but I go sha giv u because na Poe Dey my mind like this.

Luckily I saw 1,000, I gave her and was seated for my flight .
We boarded 13:00and moved around 2:00 against 1:40.

I thought WiFi was free but na only WhatsApp he work for so had to buy WiFi so I can watch my Korean film but WiFi was limited too so ended up watching nothing but was thankful I could chat, maybe it was the WiFi package I took. Their food was terrible sha but I had to eat , dried beef came to my rescue.

We landed Addis Ababa 20:49pm , thank God I had someone directing me as I no sabi where to where .
After all checks ,I was asked for my pp, covid 19 test result, and booked hotel and I was allowed in .

We left for Dublin from Addis around 11:pm and it was a smooth ride, when I read in-house music, I had thought it will be a cool jam coming from one of those vent up there but no it was one boring set of songs you have to listen to(sad).

I had three seats to myself as no one was there so I was able to stretched n lie down well.
By all means download movies and music, iPhone do me strong thing o, not even Netflix . I was now waiting for WiFi atleast let me chat now , that’s how the hostess said no WiFi (cries). Boredom pro max .
Had to manage the dry songs n watch few interesting movies.

Then I was given declaration form , I kuku didn’t understand most of what they wanted but I sha filled something . The most confusing thing for me was the time difference, my time kept changing as weather chai.

We were served rice with chicken , Na so I no fit chop am because hmmm, I like eba and afang and so everything was strange. I told them to give me the dry bread n butter n water.

We got to Dublin around 6:35 am and some passengers dropped and we waited for 45 mins still seated for refilling n all that. We got to Toronto around 8:am(again time difference).

I filled my covid form on the system provided n was given a slip, proceeded to immigration, I was asked for passport , loa and school fees receipt, then he gave my study permit to me and went further by telling me about the 20hrs allowed for work .

I was there waiting for more question but none , I also waited for welcome to Canada , rather he said enjoy your stay and that was it.

Moved to take my connecting flight to Vancouver, that’s how they told me I must quarantine in Toronto, told them my mandatory hotel stay was booked in Vancouver and my flight would soon move , them no hear , had to cancel my booking and rebook in Toronto .

Please no matter where you going in Canada , as far as you stopping at Toronto, reserve your hotel in Toronto, that’s the only way they will allow you move further.

Did my covid test and was given a test kit to retest a week after and then we were taken to our hotel . Currently quarantining at Toronto before moving to my final destination.

For all PPR hopeful , I wish everyone nothing but good news.
Amen.

It's really soft oooh.I wish u best of luck over there

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Amen, I receive this
shawn55ng:
I saw PPR rain on us this month of July.
Congratulations to those who have received theirs. God is the only one who can qualify the unqualified. This month I shall be favoured. My application shall be favoured in the eyes of the VO.
My PPR is on is way and I shall give testimony ijn

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
shupy:
Don't do GIC. Your brother should pay for your tution fee. If possible 75% of the entire fee, and with the balance in your account, you're good to go.
thank you for your response bros.problem is he only has the 10,000 CAD for now because of his mortgage plus his wife just gave birth and is on 1/2 salary.so he can't pay that.mehn.God help me.this POF is giving me head ache.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lifeis247:
Update:

Application submitted 9th May with upfront medicals and IELTS.
Biometrics 10th May.
Since then, no further update whatsoever, just silence.
I was just reading up on how to request for GCMS note this week.
Then, checked my profile this morning to see Medicals updated to pass 28th June and the Original Passport Request and Correspondence letter dropped in my profile this morning (29th June).

I must thank @Lekiboboe especially for looking at my SOP twice. God Bless you man!.
Thanks to everyone supporting this platform with helpful tips and guides.

Also; I want to confirm if a single dose of the vaccine qualifies one for quarantine waiver or one must complete both jabs before a waiver is possible?

Congrats......it will go round

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Soft landing gist
I booked Ethiopian airline for 1:40pm.
I said my final goodbyes and moved to the airport. I got there by 9:30 thinking I’m late because of the story I read here as per queue but there wasn’t any.
They didn’t allow my husband to enter and I had to tip them 500.
We proceeded to where they were suppose to check my bag but the woman asked for money n we moved to declare agricultural product, I had just one bag and I paid 2,000.

For all PPR hopeful , I wish everyone nothing but good news.
Amen.

Thank you for the gist....Canada will favour you in Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Someone wrote this..
I was asked for my passport , enrollment letter , arrive can , hotel for quarantine and COVID-19test result.(everything was printed out so was easy to find).

Please house.. what the meaning of (arrive can)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
It's an app. I thinj it's used to submit your travel plans or so
ogunleyesijibomi:
Someone wrote this..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ketima:

Upload with your application or with webform if you have already submitted the application. Then Wait, Watch and pray for PPR to land. grin grin that's the stage plenty people dey

cheers

You mean the e medical information sheet, because I did mine today, that was the only slip I got

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Upload via web form , that’s if you’ve submitted your application

Where can I get the right webform pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Upload via web form , that’s if you’ve submitted your application

Where can I get the right web form pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
boyemfic:

You mean the e medical information sheet, because I did mine today, that was the only slip I got

YES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
I'm going for masters

EmeeNaka:
What Level of education are you going for ?
You obtain your original WAEC cert from your school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
Alright thank you

DeeApproved:

It is advisable u do affidavits for ur birth certificate or do another birth certificate . It is easier and cheaper than changing ur international passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
olabisi6438:

My first application was denied I used an agent too. Can I open a new gckey for reapplication

Use same.
Change you password if you have to, opening a new one doesn't deny the fact that the information from your profile will reveal an earlier refusal.
What you should do is get you gcms, address the issue raised using same account.

I look forward to your testimony. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lifeis247:
Update:

Application submitted 9th May with upfront medicals and IELTS.
Biometrics 10th May.
Since then, no further update whatsoever, just silence.
I was just reading up on how to request for GCMS note this week.
Then, checked my profile this morning to see Medicals updated to pass 28th June and the Original Passport Request and Correspondence letter dropped in my profile this morning (29th June).

I must thank @Lekiboboe especially for looking at my SOP twice. God Bless you man!.
Thanks to everyone supporting this platform with helpful tips and guides.

Also; I want to confirm if a single dose of the vaccine qualifies one for quarantine waiver or one must complete both jabs before a waiver is possible?

Congratulations...... Fellow May applicants, did you get NSE request.

It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Octavoral: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
This wait is so tiring. Submitted may 15. No NSE request since. Wetin de occur? Local man can't can again o.

Since there is no NSE request, can I just send them the IELTS RESULT via webform. I submitted the application with MBS and Letter of English instruction from my university

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
It’s an app you can download on play store or App Store.

It’s used to fill your details .
It’s used by all travelers entering Canada .

ogunleyesijibomi:
Someone wrote this..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank you
mamatee2:
I think you can get an affidavit of adjustment of name. You can wait for input from other gurus here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank you

Genyc:
Two options;
1. To to a Govt health center and do a re-issue of birth certificate

2. Go and swear an affidavit of name change (or whatever they call it)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
Enjay316:

thank you for your response bros.problem is he only has the 10,000 CAD for now because of his mortgage plus his wife just gave birth and is on 1/2 salary.so he can't pay that.mehn.God help me.this POF is giving me head ache.
In that circumstance, your packaging makes sense. I however don't have any experience with the GIC arrangement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by HartyA(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
@Lianna2020 what advice will you give some one that applied since February 18 and haven't still gotten anything just we are still "reviewing to see if you met blah blah blah" and the fact I haven't done medicals
Lianna2020:
It’s an app you can download on play store or App Store.

It’s used to fill your details .
It’s used by all travelers entering Canada .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Businessmovemen: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hi guys
Please I will like to know if letter of acceptance will do, I don't have an enrollment letter, I have asked my school but they said I should use loa

Also please are there any July travellers here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
#May3 Applicant. Got NSE Request on May 14. Submitted May 19.

Thaiy:

Congratulations...... Fellow May applicants, did you get NSE request.

It has ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tacogado: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
Genyc:
September 2021 is late now, unless you’re already in Canada. Try January/winter or May/summer 2022

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank you very much, I have done it
Genyc:
Yes you’re the applicant and he’s the sponsor.
MyBankStatement is still a better option though for fast assessment of your application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Go do your medicals
The sad thing is the queue now is terrible and no close date except from august which is still far.

You can book for medicals hopefully before u go for it, they’d request for it.
Medicals makes your application complete and reduces waiting time .
HartyA:
@Lianna2020 what advice will you give some one that applied since February 18 and haven't still gotten anything just we are still "reviewing to see if you met blah blah blah" and the fact I haven't done medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nigerian immigration won’t allow you pass .

If they’ve enrolled you, tell them to generate it for you.

Na why I like ucw, enrollment and travel exemption are self serve.

You can just print it yourself as they’ve already signed and kept for use.
Businessmovemen:
Hi guys
Please I will like to know if letter of acceptance will do, I don't have an enrollment letter, I have asked my school but they said I should use loa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by alowole: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Businessmovemen:
Hi guys

Yes, July 19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Nigerian immigration won’t allow you pass .

If they’ve enrolled you, tell them to generate it for you.

Na why I like ucw, enrollment and travel exemption are self serve.

You can just print it yourself as they’ve already signed and kept for use.

Please do you have link to ucw WhatsApp group or can i be added
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nothing to worry, since you submitted your other vital application details. At the same time, there is no harm sending another webform that includes your UCI
Kriptune:

Good morning.

I sent a webform without including my uci, didn’t realize I had one. But I included my application number. Should I be worried?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.