Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689752 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheGbemisola: 4:41pm On May 31, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:
Shalom,

My school is resuming on the 8th of September. I intend arriving canada latest July. Will i be allowed?
What school is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 4:42pm On May 31, 2021
Thank you so much Lekiboboe!!!

Lekiboboe:

Visit the link below for

PG. Cert in BIOCHEMISTRY related programs and the Colleges offering them

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/254#99028079

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 4:44pm On May 31, 2021
Lamideyy:

The same happened to me but I later discovered my application is with Nairobi due to a response to my webform.
I just think Lagos office have access to updating medicals or sth
I really do not know

Please how did you know the particular office treating your application? I’d like to know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Wanice: 4:44pm On May 31, 2021
[quote author=Lamideyy post=102232728][/quote]
Oh now I understand. Thanks for the feedback boss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:51pm On May 31, 2021
kelvine95:

I doubt so. It looks like your deferred right?

Yes. I deferred. any reason why?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onomss: 5:08pm On May 31, 2021
Please house I just booked upfront medical with IOM.. I booked in the morning (reservation) and made payment not too long.. please while going for the appointment what should I go with.. please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 5:12pm On May 31, 2021
Big thanks.

Frankrobbn1:

How old is the baby? If the baby is just 5months - 2 year old, it's not reasonable in the immigration regulations and manuals of Canada to leave her behind with your elder sister. The visa officer will definitely question your intent as a mother to have took such a decision with your husband.

Kindly confirm her age and I will advise accordingly. However, if the above is her case, I will suggest you apply with your baby. Your husband is enough to be a strong tie in your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jojorito007: 5:16pm On May 31, 2021
onomss:
Please house I just booked upfront medical with IOM.. I booked in the morning (reservation) and made payment not too long.. please while going for the appointment what should I go with.. please

Go with your international passport , payment receipt and the appointment letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 5:23pm On May 31, 2021
Hello house,

Is there a deadline for IRCC to respond to a study visa application? I know we just saw someone refused after like 8 months..which is really sad.

How long is really their deadline to respond? maybe our gurus can throw in more light, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 5:25pm On May 31, 2021
You can also try q life if you're in lagos.they have earlier dates(16,17,18...) too than IOM .
Sharonyeah:
Hello everyone, thanks to all gurus for the good work they are doing.

Please I have been trying to book appointment with IOM but I keep getting stuck as I can't finalise the registration.

A friend also tried from his end, yet the same thing.

Please, what can I do? can I book in person at the clinic?

Is anyone facing the same thing. The earliest date I saw is June 23rd.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 5:36pm On May 31, 2021
ray007bu:

Please how did you know the particular office treating your application? I’d like to know

I sent a document via webform to IRCC and I was told the document has been forwarded to where my file is processed which is Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 5:39pm On May 31, 2021
Teenie19:
Hello house,

Is there a deadline for IRCC to respond to a study visa application? I know we just saw someone refused after like 8 months..which is really sad.

How long is really their deadline to respond? maybe our gurus can throw in more light, thanks.

There is no deadline
As their lordship pleases
We’ve seen applications exceed 8 months
God have mercy !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 5:44pm On May 31, 2021
Glory to GOD!!

It is done in JESUS' Name, AMEN!!

You can apply after 4months sister, for you baby it is called visitor's visa.

Lianna2020:
I want to ask, I used baby n spouse as home tie and was approved
Baby is less than 3month.
When can I apply for baby and how long will it take please and what kind of visa should I apply for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pstrings: 5:58pm On May 31, 2021
House, please my passport will expire in April,2022.. I want to start my application now for a study permit of a program that will start in Jan, 2022..should I go ahead with my current passport or I should renew it before I start my application? I have already been offered an admission at Seneca college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fairlytreated: 6:02pm On May 31, 2021
buzzme:

Hi @fairlytreated..... oh yeah sure, this is definitely coming soon!! Still trynna put me self together.

It will surely end in praise.

Where you not asked why you were traveling so early before your course start date? How was it like at the port of entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Maryam18: 6:16pm On May 31, 2021
[b][/b]please what’s the duration of her course and how much does it cost . I’ve been trying to get this information on their website but I can’t get a specific price thank you.
NorthernshoreTS:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Wife's admission don land o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We applied since Feb 4th for a Masters in Human Resource Management at the University of Regina. DW has a Bachelors in Library and Information science.

Next port of call is Study Permit Application. I used to consider myself a guru but now that time for SP application is here, I am having a re-think.

@Frankrobbn1 , I sent you an email sir. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience.

Godspeed to all Admission and PPR hopefuls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:19pm On May 31, 2021
It is well! I heard 6 months deadline somewhere but clearly not true..

Lamideyy:

There is no deadline
As their lordship pleases
We’ve seen applications exceed 8 months
God have mercy !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lightswitch007: 6:27pm On May 31, 2021
Hi everyone,
This month I applied for SOWP. On 24th May 2021, I sent a web form attaching my upfront medical sheet. On 29th May I got an acknowledgment email that my file will be forwarded to the responsible office. I found out my file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

In my form, I specified applying from the Philippines as I'm a resident here (all my documents are from here only my property document & Nigerian police clearance are from Nigeria) and the approval rate for SOWP here is high within a month or two, my wife's SP got approved within a Month.

I would like to ask if is usual for Nigerian citizens even though living overseas to be processed in Nairobi, Kenya and will it affect my application since the only document from Nigeria is my property assets and police clearance. Please advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:34pm On May 31, 2021
You can only renew when you have six month left so apply , and renew before they ask for passport .

pstrings:
House, please my passport will expire in April,2022.. I want to start my application now for a study permit of a program that will start in Jan, 2022..should I go ahead with my current passport or I should renew it before I start my application? I have already been offered an admission at Seneca college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kemdil: 6:34pm On May 31, 2021
ifeoluwadayofun:
Glory to GOD!!

Sorry why 4months if I may ask? I thought (from what Gurus in the house shared) @Lianna2020 can apply at “most” when she gets to Canada after documentation in school. @fairlytreated shared her experience applying for her kids after getting her visa approved. I guess she’s yet to travel.
Looking forward to getting to this stage (visa approval) and then decide on the next stage. God help us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:36pm On May 31, 2021
Applying for my son immediately for vv

No need waiting that long

ifeoluwadayofun:
Glory to GOD!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ruthbella(f): 6:36pm On May 31, 2021
pstrings:
Ok..tnk you.
Ngumumimi T,pls can we connect on watsap. My watsap contact is 08066609649. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ruthbella(f): 6:37pm On May 31, 2021
pstrings:
Ok..tnk you.
Ngumumimi T,pls can i have your contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:38pm On May 31, 2021
My plan is to get in and settle and apply for vv for my child immediately while spouse sowp.
Once I settle in, I’m returning to Nigeria.

My course is online which is the foundation class(July 5), main classes starts October .
Thanks to @goldee29 for helping me make the decision .

Kemdil:

Sorry why 4months if I may ask? I thought (from what Gurus in the house shared) @Lianna2020 can apply at “most” when she gets to Canada after documentation in school. @fairlytreated shared her experience applying for her kids after getting her visa approved. I guess she’s yet to travel.
Looking forward to getting to this stage (visa approval) and then decide on the next stage. God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pstrings: 6:40pm On May 31, 2021
Tanks for this info
Lianna2020:
You can only renew when you have six month left so apply , and renew before they ask for passport .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2021
Wanice:
Good day everyone, i raised a webform to inform IRCC (Lagos, London & Nairobi) yesterday that I have done my upfront medicals and will be glad if my profile is updated. I got a response from Lagos office that my profile has been updated. Please does this mean that my application is been treated at the Lagos office?

Most likely, since that was where your reply originated from.....when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ruthbella(f): 6:41pm On May 31, 2021
Teenie19:
Thank you so much Lekiboboe!!!

is Cambrian college sudbury Ontario a nice colledge? I got admission there to study international business management.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kemdil: 6:43pm On May 31, 2021
Lianna2020:
My plan is to get in and settle and apply for vv for my child immediately while spouse sowp.
Once I settle in, I’m returning to Nigeria.

My course is online which is the foundation class(July 5), main classes starts October .

I think you got all sorted out. By God’s grace I’ll get to your stage too Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:45pm On May 31, 2021
Amen

I’d keep every mother updated as I progress

Kemdil:

I think you got all sorted out. By God’s grace I’ll get to your stage too Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2021
TennieYF:
My thoughts exactly. I raised webform since last week, no response.

Same here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kemdil: 6:57pm On May 31, 2021
Lianna2020:
Amen

I’d keep every mother updated as I progress

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Wanice: 7:21pm On May 31, 2021
Lamideyy:

I sent a document via webform to IRCC and I was told the document has been forwarded to where my file is processed which is Nairobi
One last question, did they upload your medicals or just sent your document to the Nairobi office , because the response from the Lagos office indicated that my medical has been updated on my profile and when I checked I saw that it was pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.