Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689463 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BellaIni: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations.God is great!Wishing you the best in the next phase
CHIKACIC:
My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
As is our slogan: It will go round and end in praises!

Lonnnnnnnng Post Alert!!!!

One of my numerous mantras is: “As long as there is life, there is hope”.

First of all.....TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!
I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yyum: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
Congrats to every PPR grabber!
I recently sent a mail to a MP, here is the response I got.
“Hello,

I spoke to IRCC regarding your file. They stated that it is still in process and eligibility is being worked on. Any time IRCC requests additional information from you (which they have done) the file is considered non-routine and takes additional time for processing.

They stated that they would be in touch with you directly should anything further be required”

Please does anyone know what this suggest?
February 4th applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Denc: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2021
garpdfist:

Yes I am intending to apply. I already have a Bsc in Economics. And thanks for the NSE info, will check it out now
Before you apply for the Masters in Computer Science at Usask, have you been able to paint a Picture or show an Academic Progression of how Economics is related to Computer Science or is your prior research experience related to Computer Science e.g is your Final Year Economics Project topic related to Computer Science related?

Did you do online courses related to Computer Science?
Did you do certification courses related to Computer Science?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cabesade(m): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2021
If one didn’t do both Medicals and biometrics before may15th, there would be no response from IRCC??

I submitted my application may15th did biometrics may 25th, I’m yet to do Medicals, should I still expect something from Ircc in two weeks time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

First UK visa application (Visit) was in 2004 - refused.
Second UK visa application (Visit) in 2006 - refused.
Third UK visa application (Study) in 2008 - refused.
Fourth UK visa application (Visit) in 2011 - approved.
Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

My interest has always been in the UK, because that’s where I have family members (a distant Uncle and 2 younger sisters), one of whom is my financial sponsor together with her husband and conquering my study visa refusal has always been on my bucket list.
Post 2008, I have continuously applied and received countless admission letters for graduate studies in the UK, but God said no it is not yet my time. God willing, I hope to check that off in my bucket list in the nearest future.
In 2013/2014, US Diversity Visa lottery caught my interest before it was later scrapped for Nigeria (heard we have exceeded our quota limit).
My interest in Canada started in 2015 as per Express Entry, but my scores and funds were low ( family of 4 then).
I gave birth to my daughter in April 2017, which was the year they had the lowest score till date in the Express entry (FSWP) history. (415 in April and 413 in May). My score was fluctuating between 420/414. Unfortunately, I missed that opportunity because I stopped monitoring the program during my pregnancy. I got to know about the scores later in the year. Mennnn, e painnnn me, I no go lie. Since then, the scores has not favored me because of age (the policy of -5 marks after every birthday). So all eyes moved to study visa. The rest they say is history.

BUT I WILL STILL TESTIFY TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE:

First time applicant to Canada.

Upfront Medical: February 10
Submitted online with IELTS: March 1
(This was the IELTS I wrote in April 2019 for Express Entry to expire April 2021). I also wrote another one in March 2021 as the previous one is about to expire.
Biometric Request: March 2
Biometric Completed: March 4
I didn’t notice when my Background check started.
NSE Request for POF: March 5 to expire on April 5 (which I ignored because of UK sponsors).
Medical Passed: March 9

Then eerie silence.......no update whatsoever for almost 5 months. (March 9 to July 21). This platform helped me a lot during this period. You all are the bomb!

I think sometime in May I sent a LOE to Nairobi via web form and email explaining why I ignored the NSE request because my POF came from the UK. Receipt acknowledged, but no official response.

Then in June I did three things:

1. 7th June, I sent an email to Nairobi, Lagos, London, and Beijing offices to know the status of my application, which has exceeded the standard processing time. Got the generic response.

2. Ordered for my GCMS notes via Anon123 on June 25th - yet to receive that. (Now I am very very curious to know how the whole thing went down).

3. June 30th, I sent a mail to the MP representing my school location and on July 14th, I got a feedback from the MP’s office that my Medical and Background checks are complete, and Eligibility is under review.

NOTE: As at the time I got this feedback, there was no update (ghost or otherwise) on my IRCC profile from March 9th (my last update as per Medicals) until yesterday 4:39pm and 4:40pm July 21st 2021, when I got three consecutive emails asking me to check my account for messages.

Na pounding heart/trembling hands I take login ooo.
The first thing I noticed was that my eligibility is under review and I was like oh noooo more waiting. Then I scrolled down and saw application APPROVED!
In front of my husband and children, I went down on my knees thanking and praising GOD, because na in hand I dey/na in hand I carry myself put along with my imperfect application package throughout this journey.
MY PEOPLE, WITH GOD BY YOUR SIDE:
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

God really pass CIC. Congratulations Chika
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dammy135(m): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2021
I submitted my application successfully yesterday , paying for biometric in the application.

1.Do i apply for biometric or are they the one that will automatically schedule my biometric
2. Do i need to do medical for my 4 year old son that will accompany me? As im doing my upfront biometric by 17th of August.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2021
You will do Medicals for your son.
There’s nothing like upfront biometrics, once you submit, they will give you a date to go for your biometrics which is always like immediately.
dammy135:
I submitted my application successfully yesterday , paying for biometric in the application.

1.Do i apply for biometric or are they the one that will automatically schedule my biometric
2. Do i need to do medical for my 4 year old son that will accompany me? As im doing my upfront biometric by 17th of August.

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2021
Please has anyone been able to send webforms recently? It's not working at my end.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
Please which one is general webform? How do I get it?

This

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DDO97: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
PPR Alert Guys!!!!!!!! - 21st July, 2021 8:34am
Would have posted yesterday but was so overwhelmed with this and birthday celebrations for my younger bro

Submitted Application: 10th February, 2021
Request for Biometrics: 11th February, 2021
Biometrics done and updated: 15th February, 2021
Upfront Medical: 23rd February, 2021
Sent webform and emails for e medical sheet to Lagos and Nairobi offices on the 22nd March, 2021.
Medical updated to Pass 22nd March, 2021.
Ordered GCMS notes 7th June, 2021
Ghost update 13th June, 2021
GCMS arrived 6th July, 2021
Eligibility was blank
Sent emails and webforms everyday till 19th July
Got a reply on the 19th that it’s under review and will get a decision soon
Eligibility review 21st July
PPR & Correspondence letter - 21st July

Thanks to everyone on this group for the information dissemination and support we render each other.
And most importantly I thank God for his blessings!!!

It ended in praise and so it will for all of us awaiting decisions. Amen!!!!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2021
DDO97:
Would have posted yesterday but was so overwhelmed with this and birthday celebrations for my younger bro

Sent webform and emails for e medical sheet to Lagos and Nairobi offices on the 22nd March, 2021.
Eligibility was blank

Thanks to everyone on this group for the information dissemination and support we render each other.

Congrats ooo..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dammy135(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2021
Mo ba e yo my sister. May the journey favor you and your family.

Congratulations.

kennyjoy:
Another motivation for ME!!! Congrats Sir ✔️✔️✔️

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2021
DDO97:

Eligibility was blank

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obilec: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2021
Blazca:
How long does it take for medicals to be updated to passed? I did mine july 7th and hospital sent it to ircc on the 14th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by phummy1821: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations sis, pls as a lawyer what programdid you apply for and what school.
CHIKACIC:
Please, make una pardon my grammatical errors, even my pigin way fit no too flow. grin grin grin

Las las, it will end in praises for all of us!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2021
Cabesade:
If one didn’t do both Medicals and biometrics before may15th, there would be no response from IRCC??

I submitted my application may15th did biometrics may 25th, I’m yet to do Medicals, should I still expect something from Ircc in two weeks time?
You couldn't meet up with the May,15 deadline but there would be Response. In fact, your application is also receiving attention like every other ones. IRCC only stated that they can't guarantee Aug, 6 for Applications submitted after May, 15 deadline.
Though some people that Submitted Application May,30 and even 1st,June has got approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by GoldenCrown1160: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Cflow10:
PPR Today
First time applicant.

Application submitted : April 28th
Correspondence Letter : June 25th
PPR : July 21st

The wait in between the correspondence letter and PPR wasn’t easy but we move sha.

Thank y’all for all your selfless and generous tips you continue to give on here, it was and will always remain extremely helpful.

A big congratulation to you !!!

How many Ghost update did you get before PPR dropped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onomss: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2021
DDO97:

Eligibility was blank

Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jermaie0009: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2021
Congrats bro

DDO97:

Eligibility was blank

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sheryff: 8:54am On Jul 22, 2021
It is absolutely not one of the requirement for study permit approval.
My dear is that is the only concern you have, then you dont have any concern.

Kriptune:
My school (university of Manitoba) does not require that I pay my fees before issuing unconditional admission letter.

So I didn’t submit any receipt of fee payment for my study application. Is this a red flag?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2021
I used qlife and I had an appointment. If you have medical request I'd suggest mailing one of the doctors, the customer care won't do much. The doctor did push my date up from 25th to 7th
obilec:

Please what hospital did you use? And can one walk in with the medical request letter but no appointment? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:
It has ended in praises!

PPR dropped this evening.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!

Congratulations...... Canada will favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:
It has ended in praises!

PPR dropped this evening.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!

Congrats it will go round
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obilec: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2021
Blazca:
I used qlife and I had an appointment. If you have medical request I'd suggest mailing one of the doctors, the customer care won't do much. The doctor did push my date up from 25th to 7th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cflow10: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

First UK visa application (Visit) was in 2004 - refused.
Second UK visa application (Visit) in 2006 - refused.
Third UK visa application (Study) in 2008 - refused.
Fourth UK visa application (Visit) in 2011 - approved.
Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

My interest has always been in the UK, because that’s where I have family members (a distant Uncle and 2 younger sisters), one of whom is my financial sponsor together with her husband and conquering my study visa refusal has always been on my bucket list.
Post 2008, I have continuously applied and received countless admission letters for graduate studies in the UK, but God said no it is not yet my time. God willing, I hope to check that off in my bucket list in the nearest future.
In 2013/2014, US Diversity Visa lottery caught my interest before it was later scrapped for Nigeria (heard we have exceeded our quota limit).
My interest in Canada started in 2015 as per Express Entry, but my scores and funds were low ( family of 4 then).
I gave birth to my daughter in April 2017, which was the year they had the lowest score till date in the Express entry (FSWP) history. (415 in April and 413 in May). My score was fluctuating between 420/414. Unfortunately, I missed that opportunity because I stopped monitoring the program during my pregnancy. I got to know about the scores later in the year. Mennnn, e painnnn me, I no go lie. Since then, the scores has not favored me because of age (the policy of -5 marks after every birthday). So all eyes moved to study visa. The rest they say is history.

BUT I WILL STILL TESTIFY TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE:

First time applicant to Canada.

Upfront Medical: February 10
Submitted online with IELTS: March 1
(This was the IELTS I wrote in April 2019 for Express Entry to expire April 2021). I also wrote another one in March 2021 as the previous one is about to expire.
Biometric Request: March 2
Biometric Completed: March 4
I didn’t notice when my Background check started.
NSE Request for POF: March 5 to expire on April 5 (which I ignored because of UK sponsors).
Medical Passed: March 9

Then eerie silence.......no update whatsoever for almost 5 months. (March 9 to July 21). This platform helped me a lot during this period. You all are the bomb!

I think sometime in May I sent a LOE to Nairobi via web form and email explaining why I ignored the NSE request because my POF came from the UK. Receipt acknowledged, but no official response.

Then in June I did three things:

1. 7th June, I sent an email to Nairobi, Lagos, London, and Beijing offices to know the status of my application, which has exceeded the standard processing time. Got the generic response.

2. Ordered for my GCMS notes via Anon123 on June 25th - yet to receive that. (Now I am very very curious to know how the whole thing went down).

3. June 30th, I sent a mail to the MP representing my school location and on July 14th, I got a feedback from the MP’s office that my Medical and Background checks are complete, and Eligibility is under review.

NOTE: As at the time I got this feedback, there was no update (ghost or otherwise) on my IRCC profile from March 9th (my last update as per Medicals) until yesterday 4:39pm and 4:40pm July 21st 2021, when I got three consecutive emails asking me to check my account for messages.

Na pounding heart/trembling hands I take login ooo.
The first thing I noticed was that my eligibility is under review and I was like oh noooo more waiting. Then I scrolled down and saw application APPROVED!
In front of my husband and children, I went down on my knees thanking and praising GOD, because na in hand I dey/na in hand I carry myself put along with my imperfect application package throughout this journey.
MY PEOPLE, WITH GOD BY YOUR SIDE:
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

Congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2021
Chipo14:
Hello Nairalanders. Trust we are all doing great. After waiting for over 7weeks my GCMS finally came in today and I have attached screenshots for the gurus to help interpret. I noticed my deferred admission letter sent via webform is not updated. I also didn't see an update of my medical though it has been updated to pass on my profile. I see the information sharing is still in progress which is a surprise as my application was submitted since February. I intend to send them business registration documents again as we have submitted at the initial date and some current jobs my spouse is handling via webform tomorrow. Please let me know if there's anything I should add. Thanks in advance.

Your eligibility has begun.....and you have been recommended for interview, on you medicals, it's not showing perhaps you had requested for your notes before it was changed.......

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2021
When I booked I got 25th july and the doctor moved it to 7th July. Mail this address y.olowojolu@qlifefamilyclinic.com
obilec:

I mailed but no response. Will try calling now. Kindly clarify the months of the dates you stated as I’m confused by what you mean “pushed my date up”. The doctor made the medical screening earlier?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2021
kemkemdiva:

Congratulations dear

PPR Today
First time applicant.

Application submitted : April 28th
Correspondence Letter : June 25th
PPR : July 21st

The wait in between the correspondence letter and PPR wasn’t easy but we move sha.

Thank y’all for all your selfless and generous tips you continue to give on here, it was and will always remain extremely helpful.

Congratulations!!!!the wait is worth it now.

Congratulations.... It ended in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.