Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689714 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:35am On Jul 22, 2021
Praise2222:
Good morning everyone,
I have a BSc degree(in ngr), and I wish to study another BSc course in Canada. After successful admission, will my visa be refused because I did not go for a MSc program?

Please I need your advise...
Good morning,
Visa Application wise, there is an 85% red flag on a Visa Application of a BSC holder going for another BSC in Canada. A Visa officer won't find it convincing

Age wise: if you are more than 24 years old, it's not advisable for you to go for a B.SC degree, age 17-24 is like the basic age to apply for a B.SC

Career/Academic Progression wise
In your best interest, if you have a minimum of 2.1 (without any obvious study gap), it's logical for you to go for for an MSC program related to what you studied as an undergraduate. You can also go for an PG.Cert in a Program you have work experience in despite having a 2.1

If you have a 2.2, go can go for a PG. Cert. in a program related to your work experience , you can also go for a PG. Cert related to your Degree if there is no obvious study gap

Await more response from the gurus and other members of this platform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2021
guess we are on the same telegram page for canadian study. i just read your post there. Congratulations

ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Biometrics request April 24, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Biometrics completed April 28, 2021
Upfront medicals passed May 19, 2021
1st Ghost update on 23 May, 2021
2nd ghost update on 30th May, 2021
3rd ghost update on 11th June, 2021
Sent additional documents via web form 16th June 2021 to Nairobi
Followup web forms and emails weekly
Ghost update last night
BVL and PPR today July 22nd

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yyum: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2021
A gift from God
Timeline
Applied to Humber college late nov 2020,was required to do an exam and was monitored through zoom,some days later I got my admission letter,I felt that was the greatest hurdle to cross,cos I read so much for that exam.Little did I know the GREAT IRCC had more.

Applied Feb 4,2021.
Got NSE request Feb 17,2021. I was so excited,feeling in the next week or so my approval will be out,my hope was so high,IRCC dashed that hope after a month of waiting and then I got another request for my bank statement May 14,2021,at this point I didn’t know what awaited me.
Ordered my notes April 30th(I have not received it )
Ordered another note June 30th(Still waiting to receive it)

Documents
Educational history (Biochemistry Bsc(2005)online certificate in nutrition(2020)
Investment documents
Sponsor bank details (spouse)
My bank details
Family Passport travel history
IELTS that was over two years
SOP
All IMM Forms
Applied for visitor visa for Spouse and child)

School.Humber college
Course.Practical Nursing (Diploma)
Age.37
No work history.

God really came through for me,and I am really grateful for all the help I received from this great platform. @frankrobbn1 @chikacic @NEYOT88 @legacyedition @Ramobiojo @Teemade
Thank you everyone!

This beautiful gift will be delivered to all the hopefuls soon,let’s keep hope alive!
We moveeeeee!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2021
This is a very touching testimony. Congratulations. I cried reading this. May Canada Favour you.

CHIKACIC:
My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
As is our slogan: It will go round and end in praises!

Lonnnnnnnng Post Alert!!!!

One of my numerous mantras is: “As long as there is life, there is hope”.

First of all.....TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!
I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

First UK visa application (Visit) was in 2004 - refused.
Second UK visa application (Visit) in 2006 - refused.
Third UK visa application (Study) in 2008 - refused.
Fourth UK visa application (Visit) in 2011 - approved.
Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

MY PEOPLE, WITH GOD BY YOUR SIDE:
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations to all PPR and awaiting PPR’S May all our struggle not be in vain.

My spouse wanted to start her Canada school processing for next year programs either Summer/Spring 2022 or Fall 2022, I have some questions and I would be glad if I can get answer to them I know it’s raining of PPRS today, to all Gurus in the house please y’all contribution will be highly regarded.

Firstly, She an HND Graduate in Computer Science(Lower credit) and Ive be researching for colleges that offer PGD/ PGC 1/2years programs and some course related to Computer science but My Questions is can Lower credit grade got her an admission to any colleges in Canada for 1/2years Post Graduate Diploma or Post Graduate Certificate?

Does anyone know colleges that exempt Nigeria student for the English language Proficiency requirement? Though I’m still considering her writting IELTS or TOEFL.

Is it a must we use WES or ICAS for her HND results evaluations coz I read some few college accept official transcript from the School?

Please Gurus in the house, I need an insight of the first thing to do before we start apply for those school. Abeg make una contributed.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2021
ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Ghost update last night

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again

Congrats it will go round

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Anon123 thanks.

Was in touch with your around 25th June for my GCMS notes. Still waiting to receive.

Am a sista grin

Hahahahahahaha. You still need this thing..

No wahala, I send once it drops but its useless now you have passport request!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jermaie0009: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations

Kkddyit:
Veryyyyyy long post alert!!!

PPR for my entire family grin grin. Our God is faithful.

In 2018 after a family trip to Dubai, we concluded exploring Canada or Australia.

After several attempts at the EE, we decided to go through the study permit route.
With my MSC, I decided to look for a PhD admission in 2018. (This was a rigorous process) I finally got an admission in December 2020.

Application submitted Jan 15th 2021
Biometric done Jan 19th updated same day.
NSE request Feb 2nd, for MBS and IELTS.
Responded same day and acknowledged Feb 5th. I only submitted my IELTS and LOE for the MBS
Upfront medical updated Feb 11.
Spouse eligibility and one of the kids started Feb 11.
Longest waittttttt of my life.
My eligibility started April 12.
Requested for 1st note, no so much information.
2nd note, status came back as recommend interview.
3rd note, received May 26th, status came back as review required.
In between, there were ghost updates.
Last ghost update was on 12th July.
PPR 22nd July.

Documents submitted.
For me:
All the Immigration documents
WES document
My certificates (ND, HND, BSC, MsC, CIPM, ICAN)
Email exchanges between I and my supervisor.
CV ( I have been working in a corporate environment all my life, so you dont have to be in academics to convince the VO for your PhD)
Property valuation for my landed properties. (Not professional valuation, just got a letter from the property company)
Pay slips for the last 3months.
Promotion letter
Police report
Vehicle document
Marriage certificate
My complementary card
Work ID card
Pension statement.
NYSC certificate
Passport pages for travel history. (SA, Kenya and UAE) I never travel well well. Lol
Family pictures
LOE

POF
Partial funding of 14k CAD per annum
Stanbic mutual funds statement. N5.8mio
Bank statements $4k and N1.2mio
Fixed deposit: 11mio

For my wife:
Her work related do documents (ID, trainings, promotion letters etc)
Her stanbic pension statements
LoE
Her certificates

For the kids:
Vaccination cards
Birth certificates
School pictures
Reports cards

Guys, I won't say my application was perfect, but his grace was sufficient. And at 38yrs, age shouldn't be a barrier! I'm sure someone is inspired. I'm still speechless!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Anon123:

Hahahahahahaha. Baba you still need this thing..

No wahala, I send once it drops but its useless now you have passport request!!!!!

@Anos123 thanks for the other day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2021
DDO97:
PPR Alert Guys!!!!!!!! - 21st July, 2021 8:34am
Would have posted yesterday but was so overwhelmed with this and birthday celebrations for my younger bro

Submitted Application: 10th February, 2021
Request for Biometrics: 11th February, 2021
Biometrics done and updated: 15th February, 2021
Upfront Medical: 23rd February, 2021
Sent webform and emails for e medical sheet to Lagos and Nairobi offices on the 22nd March, 2021.
Medical updated to Pass 22nd March, 2021.
Ordered GCMS notes 7th June, 2021
Ghost update 13th June, 2021
GCMS arrived 6th July, 2021
Eligibility was blank
Sent emails and webforms everyday till 19th July
Got a reply on the 19th that it’s under review and will get a decision soon
Eligibility review 21st July
PPR & Correspondence letter - 21st July

Thanks to everyone on this group for the information dissemination and support we render each other.
And most importantly I thank God for his blessings!!!

It ended in praise and so it will for all of us awaiting decisions. Amen!!!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jermaie0009: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2021
Congrats ��

Subbyshal:
Guysssssssss I got PPR!!
I am so thankful to God and FrankRobbn.
Will post details later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2021
Yyum:
Praise God with me my family!
PPR FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY!!!!
Feb 4th applicant!
I am still shaking.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2021
Subbyshal:
Guysssssssss I got PPR!!
Will post details later.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2021
kennyjoy:

@Anos123 thanks for the other day.

Anytime chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2021
kennyjoy:
Congratulations to all PPR and awaiting PPR’S May all our struggle not be in vain.

My spouse wanted to start her Canada school processing for next year programs either Summer/Spring 2022 or Fall 2022, I have some questions and I would be glad if I can get answer to them I know it’s raining of PPRS today, to all Gurus in the house please y’all contribution will be highly regarded.

Firstly, She an HND Graduate in Computer Science(Lower credit) and Ive be researching for colleges that offer PGD/ PGC 1/2years programs and some course related to Computer science but My Questions is can Lower credit grade got her an admission to any colleges in Canada for 1/2years Post Graduate Diploma or Post Graduate Certificate?

Does anyone know colleges that exempt Nigeria student for the English language Proficiency requirement? Though I’m still considering her writting IELTS or TOEFL.

Is it a must we use WES or ICAS for her HND results evaluations coz I read some few college accept official transcript from the School?

Please Gurus in the house, I need an insight of the first thing to do before we start apply for those school. Abeg make una contributed.

Thanks in advance

1) yes you can get admission for a PGD in computer science.. Look for related courses ensure you have at least lil experience in the area or computer science. That will help with meeting the admission requirements for the program

2) almost all colleges dont require ielts to gain admission. Try Conestoga college, humber, Seneca, lambton etc. But with the wave of ppr now, ielts could help you come visa but no guarantees cos most people with ppr didnt write ielts.

3) most colleges dont ask for that. Conestoga college dont ask for wes r icas.

To apply for admission is quite easy and mostly just uploading the admission requirements, like cv, transcript, international passport etc. But first find the course you wish to go for first before, check if the admission for the session is available. Then you can apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
DDO97:
Would have posted yesterday but was so overwhelmed with this and birthday celebrations for my younger bro

Praise God......it ended in praise.

Congratulations..... Canada will favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Faithy2021: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
I am 42yrs old mother with 2 kids of less than age 9 respectively and i am applying for Nursing undergraduate degree program at Universities in UK and Canada ...I just sat and wrote another WAEC April and made all my 8 subject in science subjects as i dont want to use my B.Sc degree in Biochemistry .Besides my old WAEC results will be too old hence i wrote a new WAEC exams that i just passed. I

What are my chances for securing an affordable university in Canada and UK and also processing and obtaining Student Visa for myself and my 2 kids.

I desire to go with my new WAEC results as i also have a band 6.5 band on my Academic IELTS Results

What and what are the requirements .I need urgent help and responses

God bless you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
I know this though, that was just a funny Question/post from me... Peace
mudiwest:

IELTS is not mandatory neither is it required to confirm that you speak English. It's just a prerequisite for faster processing of your application. If you go through normal route you still have same chances of being approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Yyum:
Praise God with me my family!
PPR FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY!!!!
Feb 4th applicant!
I am still shaking.

Congratulations to you and the family.

It ended in praise...

Kindly share your timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Yyum:
A gift from God
Timeline
Applied to Humber college late nov 2020,was required to do an exam and was monitored through zoom,some days later I got my admission letter,I felt that was the greatest hurdle to cross,cos I read so much for that exam.Little did I know the GREAT IRCC had more.

Applied Feb 4,2021.
Got NSE request Feb 17,2021. I was so excited,feeling in the next week or so my approval will be out,my hope was so high,IRCC dashed that hope after a month of waiting and then I got another request for my bank statement May 14,2021,at this point I didn’t know what awaited me.

Documents
Educational history (Biochemistry Bsc(2005)online certificate in nutrition(2020)
Investment documents
My bank details
SOP
All IMM Forms

School.Humber college
Age.37
No work history.

God really came through for me,and I am really grateful for all the help I received from this great platform. @frankrobbn1 @chikacic @NEYOT88 @legacyedition @Ramobiojo @Teemade
Thank you everyone!

This beautiful gift will be delivered to all the hopefuls soon,let’s keep hope alive!
We moveeeeee!

Congratulations!!!
Happy to be part of your success story.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pavoda: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
whats the telegram link please?
RollyA:
guess we are on the same telegram page for canadian study. i just read your post there. Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kkddyit:

Congratulations... It has ended in praise.

Canada will favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Stephblues:
This is a very touching testimony. Congratulations. I cried reading this. May Canada Favour you.

Aww....thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Subbyshal:
Guysssssssss I got PPR!!
Will post details later.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Anon123:

Hahahahahahaha. You still need this thing..

Curious to know the content. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
GhildishCambino:
PPR just dropped this��

Congratulations...... Share your timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
We move o!!!! Excited for you! Congrats! Another practical nursing student here! #awaiting ppr!

Yyum:
A gift from God
Timeline

Applied Feb 4,2021.

Documents
Investment documents
My bank details
SOP
All IMM Forms

School.Humber college
Age.37
No work history.

Thank you everyone!

We moveeeeee!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
ray007bu:

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Ghost update last night

Congratulations...... Canada will favour you.
It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Khamon: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
congrats to those that have received their ppr. May Canada favour you guys , Amen. This week is my week o, Lord bless me with ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by phummy1821: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations my brother, it has finally ended in praise.
Kkddyit:

In 2018 after a family trip to Dubai, we concluded exploring Canada or Australia.

After several attempts at the EE, we decided to go through the study permit route.
With my MSC, I decided to look for a PhD admission in 2018. (This was a rigorous process) I finally got an admission in December 2020.

Application submitted Jan 15th 2021
Biometric done Jan 19th updated same day.
NSE request Feb 2nd, for MBS and IELTS.
Responded same day and acknowledged Feb 5th. I only submitted my IELTS and LOE for the MBS
Upfront medical updated Feb 11.
Spouse eligibility and one of the kids started Feb 11.
Longest waittttttt of my life.
My eligibility started April 12.
Requested for 1st note, no so much information.
2nd note, status came back as recommend interview.
3rd note, received May 26th, status came back as review required.
In between, there were ghost updates.
Last ghost update was on 12th July.
PPR 22nd July.

Documents submitted.
For me:
All the Immigration documents
WES document
My certificates (ND, HND, BSC, MsC, CIPM, ICAN)
Email exchanges between I and my supervisor.
CV ( I have been working in a corporate environment all my life, so you dont have to be in academics to convince the VO for your PhD)
Property valuation for my landed properties. (Not professional valuation, just got a letter from the property company)
Pay slips for the last 3months.
Promotion letter
Police report
Vehicle document
Marriage certificate
My complementary card
Work ID card
Pension statement.
NYSC certificate
Passport pages for travel history. (SA, Kenya and UAE) I never travel well well. Lol
Family pictures
LOE

POF
Partial funding of 14k CAD per annum
Stanbic mutual funds statement. N5.8mio
Bank statements $4k and N1.2mio
Fixed deposit: 11mio

For my wife:
Her work related do documents (ID, trainings, promotion letters etc)
Her stanbic pension statements
LoE
Her certificates

For the kids:
Vaccination cards
Birth certificates
School pictures
Reports cards

Guys, I won't say my application was perfect, but his grace was sufficient. And at 38yrs, age shouldn't be a barrier! I'm sure someone is inspired. I'm still speechless!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Anon123:

Thanks Anon123, you always come through for me. �, She will do as you said ASAP
1) yes you can get admission for a PGD in computer science.. Look for related courses ensure you have at least lil experience in the area or computer science. That will help with meeting the admission requirements for the program

2) almost all colleges dont require ielts to gain admission. Try Conestoga college, humber, Seneca, lambton etc. But with the wave of ppr now, ielts could help you come visa but no guarantees cos most people with ppr didnt write ielts.

3) most colleges dont ask for that. Conestoga college dont ask for wes r icas.

To apply for admission is quite easy and mostly just uploading the admission requirements, like cv, transcript, international passport etc. But first find the course you wish to go for first before, check if the admission for the session is available. Then you can apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hallelujah!!!!! I celebrate with you!!!!

DDO97:

Submitted Application: 10th February, 2021
Request for Biometrics: 11th February, 2021
Biometrics done and updated: 15th February, 2021
Upfront Medical: 23rd February, 2021
Sent webform and emails for e medical sheet to Lagos and Nairobi offices on the 22nd March, 2021.
Medical updated to Pass 22nd March, 2021.
Ordered GCMS notes 7th June, 2021
Ghost update 13th June, 2021
GCMS arrived 6th July, 2021
Eligibility was blank
Sent emails and webforms everyday till 19th July
Got a reply on the 19th that it’s under review and will get a decision soon
Eligibility review 21st July
PPR & Correspondence letter - 21st July

Thanks to everyone on this group for the information dissemination and support we render each other.
And most importantly I thank God for his blessings!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.