Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692284 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cflow10: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
This name (printed) part…should it be typed or written?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cflow10:

Use your biro please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemkemdiva: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
hello gurus and everyone!! i am done with my aplication in Cape brerton university to study diploma in supply chain managment waiting for them i heard is a long wait,i want to ask if i can get any other information regarding any colleage that accept installment payment i want to apply to like 3 school and wait for anyone that is faster.am lookint at winter or spring any one.pls i need the information.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cflow10: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Use your biro please
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
We have quite a number of PPRs today. Congratulations to you all.
As for those of us still awaiting our good news, we shall also be congratulated very soon as the Lord lives. Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations.. pls when did your eligibility start
ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Biometrics request April 24, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Biometrics completed April 28, 2021
Upfront medicals passed May 19, 2021
1st Ghost update on 23 May, 2021
2nd ghost update on 30th May, 2021
3rd ghost update on 11th June, 2021
Sent additional documents via web form 16th June 2021 to Nairobi
Followup web forms and emails weekly
Ghost update last night
BVL and PPR today July 22nd

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Beware of the 3rd post above .

Cc: justwise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jeff5gold:

I have a B.S.C in microbiology biology 2.1 ....applied for a post secondary diploma program in Environmental protection technology.....visa was approved.....I believe I was lucky ....And God really want me to be in Canada grin grin grin
Yes, luck can play out at times but not for everyone. The quite interesting thing is that, I have seen 2 people who are B.SC holders, that applied for another B.SC and even got their Visa Approved, but it's just like 2 out of 100.

The problem is, most applicants (B.SC holder going for another B.SC) might not be able to justify why they are going for another B.Sc

Is better to play safe going for a program with career/academic progression, so one won't waste admission & visa application fee waiting for an approval that might be 50/50 etc.

Ki oluwa wa pelu Gbogbo wa

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by phummy1821: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
Amen o. Thanks sis.
CHIKACIC:

Oh my goodness! It will surly end in praise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Yes, luck can play out at times but not for everyone. The quite interesting thing is that, I have seen 2 people who are B.SC holders, that applied for another B.SC and even got their Visa Approved, but it's just like 2 out of 100.

The problem is, most applicants (B.SC holder going for another B.SC) might not be able to justify why they are going for another B.Sc

Is better to play safe going for a program with career/academic progression, so one won't waste admission & visa application fee waiting for an approval that might be 50/50 etc.

Ki oluwa wa pelu Gbogbo wa

And I equally believe going for a program that’s not being offered in your country is also a good point grin grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cflow10:

Means in Capital letters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yyum: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Anyone used Lagos vfs office recently for PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dammy135(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hello House,

I omitted my marriage certificate and Work ID card, is there a way to add/submit these?.

Many thanks for the anticipated advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jeff5gold:

And I equally believe going for a program that’s not being offered in your country is also a good point grin grin
Sure..., it's a good pointer

From the contents of most GCMS notes, it's very clear VISA OFFICERS are Psychologist

It's better not to "Pe Aja l'obo" for a Visa Officer (Like Yoruba folks would say)
Meaning
"don't Call a Dog a Monkey for a Visa Officer"

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations.. pls when did your eligibility review start?
ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Biometrics request April 24, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Biometrics completed April 28, 2021
Upfront medicals passed May 19, 2021
1st Ghost update on 23 May, 2021
2nd ghost update on 30th May, 2021
3rd ghost update on 11th June, 2021
Sent additional documents via web form 16th June 2021 to Nairobi
Followup web forms and emails weekly
Ghost update last night
BVL and PPR today July 22nd

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cloudweb: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
Where did you do it...Qlife or IOM?

Blazca:
How long does it take for medicals to be updated to passed? I did mine july 7th and hospital sent it to ircc on the 14th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
dammy135:
Hello House,

I omitted my marriage certificate and Work ID card, is there a way to add/submit these?.

Many thanks for the anticipated advice.

Send via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
All the PPR recipients, you guys should share card oooooo. Congratulations to you all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
I did at qlife
Cloudweb:
Where did you do it...Qlife or IOM?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Harbay30(f): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations, God pass them true true
Amicableoga:
[Congratulations quote author=CHIKACIC post=103956453]My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
As is our slogan: It will go round and end in praises!

Lonnnnnnnng Post Alert!!!!

One of my numerous mantras is: “As long as there is life, there is hope”.

First of all.....TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!
I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

First UK visa application (Visit) was in 2004 - refused.
Second UK visa application (Visit) in 2006 - refused.
Third UK visa application (Study) in 2008 - refused.
Fourth UK visa application (Visit) in 2011 - approved.
Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

My interest has always been in the UK, because that’s where I have family members (a distant Uncle and 2 younger sisters), one of whom is my financial sponsor together with her husband and conquering my study visa refusal has always been on my bucket list.
Post 2008, I have continuously applied and received countless admission letters for graduate studies in the UK, but God said no it is not yet my time. God willing, I hope to check that off in my bucket list in the nearest future.
In 2013/2014, US Diversity Visa lottery caught my interest before it was later scrapped for Nigeria (heard we have exceeded our quota limit).
My interest in Canada started in 2015 as per Express Entry, but my scores and funds were low ( family of 4 then).
I gave birth to my daughter in April 2017, which was the year they had the lowest score till date in the Express entry (FSWP) history. (415 in April and 413 in May). My score was fluctuating between 420/414. Unfortunately, I missed that opportunity because I stopped monitoring the program during my pregnancy. I got to know about the scores later in the year. Mennnn, e painnnn me, I no go lie. Since then, the scores has not favored me because of age (the policy of -5 marks after every birthday). So all eyes moved to study visa. The rest they say is history.

BUT I WILL STILL TESTIFY TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE:

First time applicant to Canada.

Upfront Medical: February 10
Submitted online with IELTS: March 1
(This was the IELTS I wrote in April 2019 for Express Entry to expire April 2021). I also wrote another one in March 2021 as the previous one is about to expire.
Biometric Request: March 2
Biometric Completed: March 4
I didn’t notice when my Background check started.
NSE Request for POF: March 5 to expire on April 5 (which I ignored because of UK sponsors).
Medical Passed: March 9

Then eerie silence.......no update whatsoever for almost 5 months. (March 9 to July 21). This platform helped me a lot during this period. You all are the bomb!

I think sometime in May I sent a LOE to Nairobi via web form and email explaining why I ignored the NSE request because my POF came from the UK. Receipt acknowledged, but no official response.

Then in June I did three things:

1. 7th June, I sent an email to Nairobi, Lagos, London, and Beijing offices to know the status of my application, which has exceeded the standard processing time. Got the generic response.

2. Ordered for my GCMS notes via Anon123 on June 25th - yet to receive that. (Now I am very very curious to know how the whole thing went down).

3. June 30th, I sent a mail to the MP representing my school location and on July 14th, I got a feedback from the MP’s office that my Medical and Background checks are complete, and Eligibility is under review.

NOTE: As at the time I got this feedback, there was no update (ghost or otherwise) on my IRCC profile from March 9th (my last update as per Medicals) until yesterday 4:39pm and 4:40pm July 21st 2021, when I got three consecutive emails asking me to check my account for messages.

Na pounding heart/trembling hands I take login ooo.
The first thing I noticed was that my eligibility is under review and I was like oh noooo more waiting. Then I scrolled down and saw application APPROVED!
In front of my husband and children, I went down on my knees thanking and praising GOD, because na in hand I dey/na in hand I carry myself put along with my imperfect application package throughout this journey.
MY PEOPLE, WITH GOD BY YOUR SIDE:
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hello House,

Please who has free GRE study materials?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so miraculous and unexplainable

congrats...
Jeff5gold:

I have a B.S.C in microbiology biology 2.1 ....applied for a post secondary diploma program in Environmental protection technology.....visa was approved.....I believe I was lucky ....And God really want me to be in Canada grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Subbyshal(f): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Guys please how much do people send through UPS, they are telling me 16k to and fro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timexxy: 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
Thank you so much

makano:
MP means Member of Parliament.. Lemme liken it to House of Rep member or Senate member here in Nigeria..

Just like we have each of this House of rep/Senate members from each state of the country or State house of Rep from each local government of the state, MP also represents the provinces in Canada (Nothing like states in Canada, we call them Provinces)..

So for you to send a MP a message, you need to do your research to know which province your school is, and when you are sure of that, then you go ahead to know the MPs in that province( A province can have many MPS or few as the case may be), when this is also done, then you can send a message to any of the MPs in your school Province.

Hope this helps..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kalazclint(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
I Just got admitted at University of Ottawa and would like to connect with you.

Royalty95:
Abeg any landing gist…

Who have travelled recently after taking the vaccine?

Please after taking the vaccine, will you have to still quarantine at the 3 days hotel stopover?

Also who is travelling through Toronto from Abuja on the 11 august. Please let’s link up

Lufthansa preferably.

Also if you are going to the university of Ottawa, let’s link up or you are going to any school in Ottawa, let’s link up plz…..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Keren12: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please house I have 3 questions. That i will need help.

1. I got admission into a school but at the end after applying for visa I got a refusal may 2021. And i was suppose to resume by September but I defer to January 2022. I was given a new admission letter immediately after showing the school my refusal letter. But after given it a second thought I got discourage and out of anger after spending I decide to ask for my refund from the school last month. But I am yet to receive the money. Now the question is I feel like trying again. Should i apply with the admission letter given to me for January without letting the school know? Or I should inform them not to refund again.

2. If I am to apply , I want to use two particular account one has good inflow and outflow while the other one has a huge sum of money inside that has stayed for just one month. Which I intend using to apply for European school. And the account is just 1 month old.

3. Can i applying for both Canada and another European country at the same time? Using the same accounts?

Wish to get a reply soon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations!!!! to all who got their PPRs.
I rejoice with you all!

....My Eligibility review still on
#April6 applicant

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12