Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692994 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Subbyshal(f): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Congrats!

FrankRobbn1 is da bomb grin

Ikr, thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timexxy: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Thank you

Teenie19:
MP means Member of Parliament. If there is a delay on your application, you can google the MP for the area of school you are attending and email them.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Has anyone booked flight from Expedia? It seems to have the cheapest flight available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Amen! Thank you!

Subbyshal:

Thank you sis! I am waiting for yours ijn

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Biometrics request April 24, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Biometrics completed April 28, 2021
Upfront medicals passed May 19, 2021
1st Ghost update on 23 May, 2021
2nd ghost update on 30th May, 2021
3rd ghost update on 11th June, 2021
Sent additional documents via web form 16th June 2021 to Nairobi
Followup web forms and emails weekly
Ghost update last night
BVL and PPR today July 22nd

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again

Congratulations to you and to all PPR recipients.

It will definitely go round!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Adetunji001(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
Teenie19:
I'm just happy that after waiting for so long, people are getting positive responses and not refusals!

At least, this gives us hope! Let the PPR rain continue!

Yes my hope is rekindled. January applicant.
Come thru for me Lord.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
He will! I await your testimony.

Adetunji001:

Yes my hope is rekindled. January applicant.
Come thru for me Lord.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anonydammy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
[

What ur email address quote author=TheGbemisola post=103285575] I’ll advice you to Watch A lot of youtube videos.
I recommend E2IELTS and IELTS LIZ on YouTube
Practice a lot. There’s a free website you can practice too. Ieltsonlinetests.com
Also pls send me a mail. I will send you all the pdf materials i used for mine. Goodluck[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kunbeeee: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
So my school is in Ontario and I am to resume this September. Since the fall session is online, I am thinking of landing in winnipeg. I have someone in winnipeg I can stay with and my 14 days QR plan will also be in winnipeg.
I'm wondering if this will raise any issues at the point of entry.
Please can anyone advise or has anyone done something like this recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hello good morning everyone, please I got an email from the IRCC , please can you please guide me through about how to go about it.
Bros this is not clear
Can you resnap so others can learn from you ,is that they sent u this and u immediately paid back or after they sent u the first one of you not paying the application fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
Amen o

EmeeNaka:
wow!
It's likely your PPR is coming tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by taminat: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Has anyone booked flight from Expedia? It seems to have the cheapest flight available.

You could get deals there but i like to compare with prices from skyscanner, momondo and the airline’s website as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fluxyn(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hello all,
I applied for a Ph.D. at Western University. I already have a professor who is willing to take and fund me. She said I should apply after having an interview with me and I informed her after completing the application. Does anyone know when admission for Winter is giving as I applied for the winter semester?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
taminat:

You could get deals there but i like to compare with prices from skyscanner, momondo and the airline’s website as well.
Airline websites are the costlier sef. The Expedia is quite cheap, I somehow feel it's not real. I will check the Momondo you mentioned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by joyblinks(f): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Someone help o.

University of Manitoba has denied me admission twice and u know what that means, my 60k plus gone. It's so annoying. Anyone with school that u think can give me admission pls assist.

I graduated with a 2.2 and has been applying for Pre-Masters. Anyone with other good schools can help my life...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zinnychuks: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
I booked online appointment for medical since 3rd of July but I have not paid the medical fee but I want to do that now
I don't know if that appointment is still valid till now
Should I just go ahead and pay that medical fee or I should book another appointment?
Ps: the appointment is on the 2nd of August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
It depends on your field.
If you're considering doing an MBA, kindly check out University Canada West in Vancouver

joyblinks:
Someone help o.

University of Manitoba has denied me admission twice and u know what that means, my 60k plus gone. It's so annoying. Anyone with school that u think can give me admission pls assist.

I graduated with a 2.2 and has been applying for Pre-Masters. Anyone with other good schools can help my life...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
joyblinks:
Someone help o.

Try college for Post graduate courses related to your previous studies or working experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cflow10: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
ray007bu:

Please which branch did use and also the address you put there is it the same address you used when filling your application?
Oshodi, when I went to the one at gbagada they were dating only their headquarters I.e Oshodi can do return (that’s sending and returning ). Yes I used same address

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Airline websites are the costlier sef. The Expedia is quite cheap, I somehow feel it's not real. I will check the Momondo you mentioned

Download and use ‘hopper’ it even tells you the days to fly with the cheapest rate across all airlines.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
ray007bu:

Please which branch did use and also the address you put there is it the same address you used when filling your application?

If you’re in lagos, or close to lekki, you can just take it to the ups few steps after the vsf itself in ikate. Two - ways from there is 3800. You can tell them you would come and pick it up. So they just write their address on the package.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dabricious: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Good evening everyone, please is there anyone here that has applied to University of Calgary or any of the Universities in Alberta? I want to know there fee structure for Masters in I.T, its a bit convincing on the school website. Your reply will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Backcheck:

Download and use ‘hopper’ it even tells you the days to fly with the cheapest rate across all airlines.
wow! Okay, thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cflow10:

Oshodi, when I went to the one at gbagada they were dating only their headquarters I.e Oshodi can do return (that’s sending and returning ). Yes I used same address

Same thing they told me at Ikotun. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by taminat: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:

Expedia is a legit site including those i mentioned. Just read the t&c of the flight before you pay. August is a peak travel period and ticket prices are quite expensive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Taiwolus: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
My sister just got medical request. Any tips on getting a quick medical appointment in Lagos?

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Subbyshal:
LONG POST ALERT! 

Praise God, Thank God!!!!

This is a testimony for me.

Hi Everyone,

I have been a silent and few times not a silent reader all along☺. 

This study permit application process started since December 2019� which was when I made up my mind that I will pursue my post graduate program in Canada. 

I applied for admission to Seneca College February 2020 and got LOA after a day for a competitive program (I felt wow, This was fast! maybe God is preparing me for an easy journey) unknown to me that challenges are ahead of me (Sigh, life!)

However, after applying for study permit on March 26th, 2020 through a famous agent, I got refused on May 12th, 2020. Then, I reapplied again the second time with the same agent on July 7th 2020, which also came back with refusal on October 5th 2020����. 

I was very sad and traumatised, felt really bad and never wanted to reapply again because I felt what was the point since I have been receiving a negative feedback from IRCC. Nothing made sense to me as my plan was to leave Nigeria immediately after NYSC. I thought it would be easier since I had travelled to Canada before for holidays.

So, for the third time (Nigeria can frustrate itself�) I applied again with the assistance of FrankRobbn1's (fandrglobal.com). He submitted all the necessary documents on the 20th of January, 2021 and drafted a well-thought argument to support my case including NSE requirements (IELTS 7.5) which brought about the successful outcome of my application on the 22nd of July, 2021��� (6 months and 2 days). 

This process was challenging, frustrating, overwhelming, nerve racking, tested my faith, belief, and my strength.

While waiting for an update, I also sent a stinker message to IRCC (that was how frustrated I was, it was bold of me but my tired was tired!��) 

Later, I started begging again everyday through mails and webform� and finally sent a mail to the Minister of Immigration (MPs of Ontario were not fast enough for me) on July 3rd and got a response on July 18th and at a later date received PPR today 22nd July, 2021. So, maybe the enquiry from the Minister's office helped in the expeditious decision on my application.

I give God the glory and adoration��, many thanks & salute to @Frankrobbn1(fandrglobal.com) who worked very hard on my case and I was able to successfully get an approval. @Frankrobbn1 (FandRglobal) was great!. He is caring and pays genuine heed to your problems and strives at coming up with solution. I must appreciate the services I received from him. He is very well equipped with wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing with Canadian immigration matters. I highly recommend to him to everyone who needs help in their difficult cases and refused applications.

I also give my thanks and appreciation to everyone of you for the selfless services rendered to people on Nairaland. I don't think I would have gotten this without everyone's help no matter how little. May the Lord continue to reward everyone and answer everyone's prayers. 

My timeline is as follows:

First Application 
Applied: March 26th, 2020
Refused: May 12th, 2020

Second Application
Applied: July 7th, 2020
Refused: October 5th, 2020

Third Application

Applied: January 20th, 2021
Upfront Medical: 8th March, 2021 (It was meant to be February 8th, 2021. I didn't have my hardcopy passport just the datapage photocopy, so I had to wait for another month��‍♀ Don't be like me)
Upfront medical passed: April 16th, 2021
Passport Request and BVL: July 22nd, 2021.

I hope this post will stand to reduce the nerves, anxiousness in some people and give them hope that all shall be well and with God's grace by their side everything will all work out positively. 

Please this is also a testimony for me, so wherever you are just help me thank God on my behalf and also thank FrankRobbn1 that helped in my application. 

Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Like we say what God cannot do, does not exist!!!!

PS: I wrote this before getting PPR hoping for a postive outcome

Congratulations. What God cannot do does not exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Teenie19:
I'm just happy that after waiting for so long, people are getting positive responses and not refusals!

At least, this gives us hope! Let the PPR rain continue!

Amen and Amen. I am rooting for you. You are next in line.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2021
ghost update
haven't logged into my application since 1pm on wednesday
and i just saw a ghost update
#January28th applicant ��

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2021
I'm guessing you used IOM, kindly go ahead to pay when u ready and make sure u print the receipt or bank teller whichever way u make payment as the appointment is still valid

Zinnychuks:
I booked online appointment for medical since 3rd of July but I have not paid the medical fee but I want to do that now
I don't know if that appointment is still valid till now
Should I just go ahead and pay that medical fee or I should book another appointment?
Ps: the appointment is on the 2nd of August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kunbeeee: 12:15am On Jul 23, 2021
Please do I need to book a return ticket when going to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 12:16am On Jul 23, 2021
Did they quote their fees in dollars?

EmeeNaka:

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.