Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (687801 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please has anyone recently gone for medicals at IOM

How is the queue like let me prepare myself and please what do I need to go with?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
prada1:
Good morning beautiful people.

I have a very important question to ask. if someone get his or her visa approved (PPR) to go for fall but you decided that you do not want to go by september again but by january. what step does one have to follow? does the person have to tell ircc that I will be resuming in January, and will they extend the study permit period?
Please answer guys, Thank you all

I don't see any issue with this. That means the student resumes classes online in September (Fall term) and intends to travel in January 2022 (Winter term) to continue with the programme. In that case, the student would have an enrollment letter as evidence of registering and finalized the fall semester. If my understanding of your question is correct, there is no need to inform IRCC. IRCC has already done their part in granting approval and issuing visas. The CBSA guys may randomly ask out of curiosity why you did not travel for the fall semester, and I am sure you would already have an answer to that by then.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
This was amazing to read. Thank you for the tips and landing gists. We will do as you have said, because we are coming right behind you. grin

elizyous:
LANDING GIST

My PPR came Apr 22. I did my first semester online and rounded up end of June. My next semester is Fall, September 1st. I travelled on July 19th via Ethiopian Airlines. I thank God for journey mercies.

At the Nigerian airport, I went with 2bags weighing a little over 23kg, my carryon bag and bag pack. I practically settled every airport personnel that I came in contact with N200 each, lol (I made sure I had plenty change). My sister accompanied me to the airport and I had to settle the police guy at the door N500 to allow my sister in (thank God she followed me in cuz she had to help me go and be making photocopies). Please ensure you go to the airport with photocopies of ur passport data page, 2 copies of your covid test result and a copy of your vaccination card (front and back).

I was asked to declare my bag( a ghana-must-go) bag for food (to reduce weight as most luggage already weigh so much even without having anything in it). I paid N2,000 for that.

Moving on to another counter, I was asked to provide my admission letter, enrollment letter, ArriveCAN, proof of school fees payment, my covid test results and vaccination card with their copies. The lady took a picture of everything and asked me to wait until they get approval that I can fly. Shortly after, approval was given and I was cleared to leave. I settled the immigration officers as well and the rest was history. I boarded my flight at 1 and we took off by 2pm. The food was good but small, I took curry meat sauce as the lady that sat beside me said the chicken sauce wasn't too good.

I arrived Toronto and we went through immigration were I was asked for the purpose of why I was here, my admission letter, enrollment letter, ARRIVECAN, vaccination card, school payment receipt, transcript and all what they asked for in Nigeria. I was asked when my study will be concluded and after all questions were answered, the immigration officer said that she will include an extra 3 months to my study permit to allow me apply for my PGWP, my work Authorization was also included in the study permit. It was a smooth and favourable journey to the glory of God Almighty.

Congrats to all those who just got PPR and I wish all PPR hopefuls the very best. May Canada favour us all. AMEN!!!

I forgot to add that I received an arrival covid test kit to use and test myself when I get to my final destination which was Alberta. When I got to my final destination, I registered online for the test and was directed to a video call where an online doctor observed me as I did the covid test on myself. Thereafter, I put the sample in the bag that was provided and left it in front of my house. They came to pick it up. Result came out negative after 2 days.

Also note that I did my covid test at afriglobal 24hours before my trip as the result takes about 24hours to come out and it cost N50,400 plus interswitch charges that brought it close to almost N52k in total. . Here is the link to book appointment and pay online for your covid test
http://Bookings.afriglobalmedicare.com

Remember to print 2 copies of your covid test result before travelling.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jojorito007: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 8th: First submission
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• March 10th: I completed my NSE resubmission.
• March 16th: I went for upfront medicals
• April 12th: Medicals were updated to passed
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• May 31st : I ordered my GCMS notes
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
• July 28th : PPR
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Khormzy1(f): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
You did today and the result came out today?

ademidedavid:
PLease house, how do i send my upfront medical? i just did it today and want to send it before they request for it.

Kindy help a brother as it is Very Urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wonderful information! The news is that CBN will supply Banks Forex instead, which is to be made available to the public upon providing necessary documentation. My prayer is that the banks actually make FX available instead of selling to HNIs as we have seen in times past.

All these will soon be a thing of the past. We are all leaving Nigeria very soon smiley

MadeMan01:

Its actually a Very good decision and long overdue. It is shameful that a country has two different exchange rates for FOREX, it shows the government is not in control of the FOREX economy all this while. This thrived because a lot of politicians and their cronies were getting license to open Bureau De Change and they were just getting licenses. Now the banks were using some of them to sell FOREX to public to make money faster at higher levels with less restrictions posed by documentation. However, things got so bad when the volume of money controlled by BDC was so much that it was almost equalling what banks had or exceeded what the banks had. That is why sometime bank say they don't have Forex, or you go to BDC and only see one teller or two at counter and can't get $1000. But go to Mallam on street, you will get any quantity when he arranged his colleagues together at higher rate to you. Where are the mallams getting dollar if not from the CBN and banks. So the BDCs could affect the FOREX economic policy of government.
CBN should go further. To give a one month deadline for all BDC to sell their FOREX to banks and after which date any Forex they bring will be exchanged at discounted value to them in order to mop up all Forex stashed in BDC hands and threaten to revoke their license. That way all the scarce Forex hoarding by BDC will be back in banks hand and it will improve supply for banks to sell to public at govt stated rate.
It lasted all this while from obasanjo days when $1 was sold at N22 by CBN and banks were selling through BDC at N88. A lot of bank MDs became billionaire by this and FCMB chairman founder was sanctioned for one of these reasons then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi All,

Please, is it normal if someone's profile reads "your action is required" even after ignoring NSE request that was sent in March?

Should I be worried?
Can PPR enter with such a profile?

Eligibility review started June 30th

March 6th Applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KellyKk: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pls gurus in the house ! I have paid my first semester fees 9kCD and in my SOP I didn’t state it that it has been paid but the prove of payment was uploaded though . In this case with the receipt will the VO be aware payment as been made ? Plus my mom is sponsoring me with 29m in her account and I myself get 10m in my personal account . Plssssssssssss talk on this guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
Congratulations!
These people can play with someone's emotion kai
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
It has ended in praise!!

congrats bro...I can remember u still conment this morning without u knowing that PPR is knocking on ur door. Congrats once more

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
There's IOM and Q-life in Lagos while we have only IOM in Abuja

Cloudweb
post=104182425:

Thanks for your prompt response, I appreciate!

Please is there no IOM in Lagos? Is it only Qlife?

Thanks!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AbiodunMobi2025: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please house I need your help, most especially those who has witness the situation before. I submitted my application on March 23 but shortly after fulfilling my NSE request on May 4, my eligibility review change to in progress. I did upfront medical on July 7 and immediately after my medical was passed on July 15 my eligibility review changes from in progress to yet to commence. Kinda worried what this means, as to y eligibility can be stopped after it has initially commenced. What can I do. I don't understand the meaning.

@frank @ lekki @ justmellow @ all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
Tnx a bunch @dotoracs.
I'll order for it now.
But, which one...IRCC or CBSA?

dotoracs:
I love your spirit. Once you get the notes, I'm sure your next attempt will hit the mark. All the best. Below is a straight forward link:

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

Also this is a link on how to read GCMS notes:

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
Yay my fellow February applicant! Congratulations to you!!!! We give God the glory!

TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
It has ended in praise!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please I’ve applied for student visa since last year November. I have emailed them multiple times but all they keep saying is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

I’m tired I swear. We’re staring in person classes by September and still no feedback from them. I saw what you guys call ghost update but I’ve seen no advancement since then. Can anyone help with an email that I can write to them that will at least do something?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Febisola007: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi guys my friend got his PPR this morning. He submitted his application on March 5 with upfront medicals. Please whats the next thing to do

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
Febisola007:
Hi guys my friend got his PPR this morning. He submitted his application on March 5 with upfront medicals. Please whats the next thing to do
Anon123 said latest today morning he will get it... And he get it. Anon123 come and lay ur hands on mine also grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Tnx a bunch @dotoracs.
I'll order for it now.
But, which one...IRCC or CBSA?quote author=dotoracs post=104181792]I love your spirit. Once you get the notes, I'm sure your next attempt will hit the mark. All the best. Below is a straight forward link:

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

Also this is a link on how to read GCMS notes:

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kidsister13: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
Congrats!!!! This is very impressive.

Ha!! I don't have half of what this guy has.
Abeg is it everyone that got PPR that submitted land documents and properties because I no get.
What other strong proof of return does one need to show them because this one weak me.

Shommyface:
IT'S PPR!!!

LONG POST!!!!

MY GcKEY WATCH IS OVER!!!

#NairaLand Silent Reader Since 2018.

First and foremost, I want to thank God for this. The journey began in 2018, when I was finishing my Bsc in Malaysia. I applied to University of Calgary (Msc of Computer Science Thesis) 2018 after graduating with First Class in Malaysia, but UCalgary rejected me. In the same year, I applied to 5 different top universities and was rejected by all of them. Then, in 2020 I was so desperate, I applied to 10 top schools in different provinces and was rejected from all the 10. In my mind I was like, are they doing me from home?

I didnt give up, I didnt relent.

Then, in October 2020, I applied to only three of the schools I had been applying to (UCalgary, UAlberta, and UWaterloo), and by March 8, I received a response from UCalgary, who offered me admission with a FULL FUNDING of CAD 54,000 SCHOLARSHIP, meanwhile my tuition is only CAD 16,000 for the two-year program (I was like, Ehn ehn, Good news at the end)

Then I started working on my SP application. Thanks especially to JustMellow of GCMSWriters; I contacted him and he wrote me a fantastic SOP; in fact, I was smiling as I read it.

It took me nearly two months to package all of my documents, and on May 1st, I submitted my application.

Let me add that during each application, I sent hundreds, if not thousands, of messages to potential supervisors before I could finally secured one.

TIMELINE.
■ AGE: 33
■ SCHOOL: UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
■ COURSE: MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE THESIS (My research will be focused on Softwares for Virtual Reality and Games)
■ SUBMITTED APPLICATION ON MAY 1ST
UPFRONT MEDICAL.
■ I GOT NSE REQUEST TO SUBMIT IELTS BUT I REPLIED THEM WITH A LETTER FROM MY UNDERGRADUATE UNI AND A LETTER FROM UCALGARY STATING THAT ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE.
■ ELIGIBILITY: STARTED ON 22ND JULY.
■ PPR: CAME IN THIS MORNING: 27TH JULY
■ FIRST TIME APPLICANT.
■ MARRIED IN 2020 AND JUST HAD A BABY ON 13TH JULY.

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED (I made a Table of Content for each Section and made it automatically clickable so that it wouldn't bother my beautiful VO if she needed to find any of my documents.)

CLIENT INFORMATION SECTION
1. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (4 Pages Written by JustMellow)

2. FAMILY
(i) FAMILY TREE
(ii) FAMILY PICTURES
(iii) FAMILY BIRTH CERTIFICATES
(iv) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (I got married in February 2020)
(v) WIFE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT BIO DATA PAGE
(vi) WEDDING PICTURES
(vii) WIFE PREGNANCY PHOTOSHOOT
(viii) WIFE PREGNANCY SCAN REPORT

3. LANDED PROPERTIES/ASSET

(I) MY ONGOING BUILDING PROJECT
(a) VALUATION REPORT FROM JIDE TAIWO & CO (worth N18m)
(b) DEED OF AGREEMENT
(c) SURVEY PLAN
(d) ARCHITECTURAL BUILDING DESIGN
(e) PICTURES OF THE PROGRESS OF THE BUILDING FROM FOUNDATION TO ROOFING LEVEL

(II) MY 2ND LANDED PROPERTY
(a) VALUATION REPORT FROM JIDE TAIWO & CO (worth N5m)
(b) DEED OF AGREEMENT
(c) PICTURES OF THE BUILDING

(III) MY CAR DOCUMENTS

4 NON PROFIT CHARITY ORGANIZATION (Me and my wife founded a Charity organizations in 2017)
(i) THE CHARITY ORGANIZATION INSTAGRAM PAGE AND MY I.D
(ii) NIGERIA OUTREACH PICTURES
(iii) MALAYSIA OUTREACH PICTURES

5 CHURCH (I sing and play Piano in my church)
(i) CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP
(ii) LETTER OF TEMPORARY ABSENCE OFF DUTY
(iii) CHURCH RECOMMENDATION/LEAVE APPROVAL LETTER
(iv) PHOTOS OF ME SINGING AND PLAYING MUSIC INSTRUMENTS
(v) GROUP PICTURES WITH MY CHOIR

6 OTHERS
(i) RECOMMENDATION FROM PAST EMPLOYER (Letter from my Internship Company in Malaysia)
(ii) POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
(iii) MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN/FACTS

INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SECTION
1. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
2. TRAVEL HISTORIES
(i) STUDY VISA STAMPS IN MALAYSIA
(ii) RUSSIA VISITOR VISA STAMP IN 2018
(iii) MALDIVES VISITOR VISA STAMP IN 2019
(iv) EXITS AND ENTRANCES STAMPS FOR MY 5 VISITS TO
NIGERIA WHILE STUDYING IN MALAYSIA

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE SECTION
1. EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS
(i) UNCONDITIONAL OFFER OF ADMISSION
(ii) FUNDING AND AWARD OFFER LETTER ($54,000)
(iii) CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME AND MY SUPERVISOR
(iv) WAEC CERTIFICATE
(v) DIPLOMA APPROVAL OF STUDY IN MALAYSIA (Diploma in Business Information Technology. Graduated with 2nd Class Upper)
(vi) DIPLOMA TRANSCRIPTS
(vii) DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE
(viii) BSC APPROVAL OF STUDY IN MALAYSIA (Bsc Software Systems. Graduated with 1st CLASS)
(ix) BSC TRANSCRIPTS
(x) BSC CERTIFICATE
(xi) HIGH ACHIEVEMENTS AWARDS CERTIFICATE (I won overall Student High Achievement Award twice while I was doing my Bsc)
(xii) TELECOMMUNICATION MALAYSIA CERTIFICATE (I had Networking and Communication Certificate from Telecom Malaysia)
(xiii) BSC FINAL YEAR RESEARCH PROJECT.
(xiv) JAVA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE CERTIFICATION (The Java Online course that I did)
(xv) BSC GRADUATION PICTURES
(xvi) NIGERIAN MINISTRY OF EDUCATION EVALUATION REPORT
(xvii) NYSC CLEARANCE FORM (I didn't do NYSC because of my age, so I uploaded my Exemption Clearance Form)
(xviii) RÉSUMÉ (Canadian format)

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SECTION
(i) MYBANKSTATEMENT (N8M closing balance)
(ii) MY COMPANY C.A.C REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS (Registered a Limited Liability Company with my wife as shareholder in 2017)
(iii) MY COMPANY MYBANKSTATEMENT (N3M Closing balance)
(iv) MY COMPANY TRANSACTION RECEIPTS
(v) MY WORK I.D CARD, WIFE I.D CARD, 4 EMPLOYEE I.D CARDS
(vi) UCALGARY TUITION INFORMATION PAGE

SOLD PROPERTY (I sold 1 of my property for N4m few days before submitting my Application which made a lump funds in my account, I had to show proves for it)
(i) DEED OF TRANSFER BETWEEN ME AND THE BUYER
(ii) BUYER CASH DEPOSIT RECEIPT & MY CREDIT ALERT.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank JustMellow GCMSWriters for all of their hard work on my application, from writing my SOP to double-checking all of my documents before submitting it. Also, for taking the time to answer all of my questions while I waited for a decision. He even follows up with me on a regular basis to inquire about the status of my application and to offer words of encouragement and faith (God bless you brotherly)
JustMellow and his GCMSWriters come highly recommended by me to anyone who wants to receive good news.

More PPR in Jesus Name for everyone. God that did mine will do yours.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ok.
Tnx.
author=shupy post=104181903]
You can contact Anon123 or order from

gcmsnotes.com.

Price is within 5-7k
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
Olaapaps:
Omo big L
Hurst like hell but then we thank God
Pls i need advice on how to move on soo I can refire
My uncle in US is sponsoring me and his account is grit but I dint submit any of my own account details
Pls how can I tackle this flimsy excuse
I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news

Thanks in advance

So sorry to hear this, delay is not a denial.. order for your gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Achi911: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gurus in the house.
Pls can I generate my normal bank statement in pdf from my mobile app and send to ircc via webform for this NSE request?

I use an online bank (Vbank) to be precise

Oct202020 makano lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timexxy: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
To be honest I don't think it matters but better still compose a word doc informing then to go ahead with the normal route and go upload under the space made for the IELTS AND MBS as required. Click 'View submitted documents....' to see that. Then after that, submit and your current status will change to 'submitted' immediately

Peacekid:
Hi All,

Please, is it normal if someone's profile reads "your action is required" even after ignoring NSE request that was sent in March?

Should I be worried?

March 6th Applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
please can someone look at my thread and give me advice. i sent picture also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
KellyKk:
Pls gurus in the house ! I have paid my first semester fees 9kCD and in my SOP I didn’t state it that it has been paid but the prove of payment was uploaded though . In this case with the receipt will the VO be aware payment as been made ? Plus my mom is sponsoring me with 29m in her account and I myself get 10m in my personal account . Plssssssssssss talk on this guys
There's no issue here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
It has ended in praise!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
AbiodunMobi2025:
Please house I need your help, most especially those who has witness the situation before. I submitted my application on March 23 but shortly after fulfilling my NSE request on May 4, my eligibility review change to in progress. I did upfront medical on July 7 and immediately after my medical was passed on July 15 my eligibility review changes from in progress to yet to commence. Kinda worried what this means, as to y eligibility can be stopped after it has initially commenced. What can I do. I don't understand the meaning.

@frank @ lekki @ justmellow @ all
This same thing happened to me too. And it's very difficult to predict anything from IRCC. My Eligibility Review was going on well until I uploaded an updated LOA, it changed to In Progress and has remained like that since. They do anything they want anyhow they wish. We should just be hopeful. You can also order your GCMS notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please go order your Gcms notes. They may be waiting for some information update.

LoadedHollow:
Please I’ve applied for student visa since last year November. I have emailed them multiple times but all they keep saying is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

I’m tired I swear. We’re staring in person classes by September and still no feedback from them. I saw what you guys call ghost update but I’ve seen no advancement since then. Can anyone help with an email that I can write to them that will at least do something?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
Peacekid:
Hi All,

Should I be worried?

March 6th Applicant
Since your Eligibility Review has started, everyother thing is moving fine. Just go and relax

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Wonderful information! The news is that CBN will supply Banks Forex instead, which is to be made available to the public upon providing necessary documentation. My prayer is that the banks actually make FX available instead of selling to HNIs as we have seen in times past.

All these will soon be a thing of the past. We are all leaving Nigeria very soon smiley

First of all, we better pray they don't attach a 'you must have booked a return ticket' condition.

Secondly, you said all of us are travelling. If that is the case, nobody will remain in Nigeria na.

We shall keep observing the FX situation in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi, please anybody going to Nova Scotia community college? Please how did you pay you fees. I am asking for my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Since your Eligibility Review has started, everyother thing is moving fine. Just go and relax

The eligibility review of a thing doesn't say much bro.

My eligibility review started two days after submission of application. Nothing till now.

Someone submitted application in February, and eligibility review started almost immediately. Nothing till now.

I think backlog and oversight can make Consular officers leave some files, while we keep thinking eligibility review is ongoing.

Most times, what's ongoing is background check, not Eligibility review.

Eligibility review shouldn't take more than three days to complete.

Study GCMS notes and you will see what I mean.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.