Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (687769 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RAdedolapo: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thaiy:

Congratulations.... It ended in praise.
Go and succeed in Canada.

Thank you. All the best too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
Why this Canada ppl da do anyhow? NSE 20days don pass ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Finally I find someone in the same boat. My eligibility review started 1 day after submission. By the time my notes came, eligibility was blank. All I can deduce is it has not started or they intentionally concealed the information. But for what reason?

So all I can depend on is to believe no news is good news

Perseverer:

The eligibility review of a thing doesn't say much bro.

My eligibility review started two days after submission of application. Nothing till now.

Someone submitted application in February, and eligibility review started almost immediately. Nothing till now.

I think backlog and oversight can make Consular officers leave some files, while we keep thinking eligibility review is ongoing.

Most times, what's ongoing is background check, not Eligibility review.

Eligibility review shouldn't take more than three days to complete.

Study GCMS notes and you will see what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aWITNESS: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
Good evening great minds. Trust we are all doing great. So my GCMS finally came in today and I have attached screenshots for the gurus to help interpret. I noticed the MBS certificate sent via webform on July 2, is not updated. Thanks in advance.

May 15th applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
May 31 to June 30 is a month in my own calendar sir.

Congratulations!
possessor1:
I didnt know GCMS notes comes within a day. or is this a special case.

COngratulations!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jioke1994:
Good day, guys.
This has been a wonderful platform. Since I joined, I've been able to learn as much as I can, though I've been a silent reader. Thanks for your informative words, good spirit, kindness...love, etc.

My rejection letter came today. It was based on my home tie, personal and financial status.
Pls, gurus, I need your response.
@shuppy and others...you are allowed to talk.

Which type of GCMS note should I order?
How much?
Thanks for your kind gesture!
I choose to remain positive and hopeful.

Remaining positive and hopeful is just the right spirit .So sorry about the decision.
Repackage and refire,it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
bollybeejay:
Good evening everyone
I've been seeing people ask what should be done about their refusals from the abundance of my knowledge when it comes to immigration matters the most reasons for refusal are usually
Purpose of visit
Personal assets and financial situation
Finance
Purpose of visit : when it comes to study permit often times even before ordering the gcms notes we should be able to detect what went wrong with our application, when you're denied for this reason above specifically all you need do is check if you're able to convince the visa officer as to why you are going to Canada to study a particular program and how that program will be of benefit to you and your career, even if it's a career switch it is in your best interest to write a very good and convincing study plan, we often talk about career progression and or educational progression but ideally the immigration system recognizes that we are human and situations can change even if you're switching career or going for a program lower than your last credentials make sure you do justice to your study plan
Personal assets and financial situation
The visa officer wants to see that you have done well for yourself where u reside or in your home country, even if you're being sponsored and you are not a minor you can show your level of establishment by adding your statement of account, even if you haven't been earning, have your sponsor pay a certain amount into your account, that's where we talk about gift deeds and the likes, if you don't have a personal assets in your name, submit your car purchase documents, have your parents do a gift deed of their idle land in your name. Even after submission of employment letters and the likes it won't hurt to go extra miles to package your application. The visa officer sees you the way you want them to see you. You aren't going to be interviewed so the best way u can show them who you are is via your submitted documents and your written SOP
Finance: even when you have a sponsor and the funds appear okay for your studies, let your sponsor show commitment by sending a part of your fees into your account, the transaction can be tagged "study allowance to Canada" ," living expenses in Canada" etc so that when you present your bank statement and that of your sponsor they can see the transaction and see the readiness of your sponsor to support you, if you are using a 3rd party asides your parents it won't hurt to go extra miles and show the visa officer, what the 3rd party stands to derive by sponsoring you, what you owe the 3rd party or how your studies will also be of benefit to a 3rd party . A visa officer will have concerns as to why an uncle is sponsoring you and spending such a huge amount on you when he also has his own personal responsibilities. But it will make sense if an uncle is sponsoring you because he wants you to come back and head his company or he has a company that wants to support your business and his company supporting your business will gain more financial opportunities while your own brand in turn gets a better recognition and opportunities. Those are things that will make sense to a visa officer
I just felt I should chip in some insights
I can't start typing cos book go full.
It will end in praise for us all

This is nice,thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Harbay30:
Good morning beautiful People,

congratulations to everyone who had received PPR in July,

Please I have questions :

I applied for study permit for my children 8 and 5, since June no response yet but I believe it will come soon by God's grace

At VFS adults will usually submit the receipt from biometrics with passport upon request for submission, but since they were children biometrics wasn't required, What they do I submit when passport is requested?
is there any amount of money we will be expecting to pay?
I will prefer to send to Abuja to speed up the process. is there any extra cost for that?
kindly shed more light

Once their application is successful, you need to pay the transmission fee for both of them and send the evidence of payment alongside their passports.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 8th: First submission
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• March 10th: I completed my NSE resubmission.
• March 16th: I went for upfront medicals
• April 12th: Medicals were updated to passed
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• May 31st : I ordered my GCMS notes
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
• July 28th : PPR
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

These people fit give person hbp, don't mind them jare, congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pepper247(f): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Since there is no too obvious study gap (graduated 2018), You can either go for a PG. Cert program related to Economics or go for a PG. Cert program related to your Fed. Govt. Job & Job Duties (though you didn't mention the name of the Fed. Government Job & your Job duties to get possible program suggestions)

As an Economics graduate, I feel you can go for a PG. Cert in FINANCIAL PLANNING, that being said, see the link below, google each programs, check the overview, tuition amount for international students, admission intake,
also very importantly, check their course outlines to see how it resonates with your economics background

Thanks between colleges and university which is better for a pgd/pdc?
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/158#98297080
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
shupy:

No matter the platform, there's always the option of bank wire transfer in US currency (Form A). When you input the amount, click on "I want to pay in another currency", it will give you the option of "bank transfer in USD".
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Exactly how my notes looked 2 months into my application. Sadly there’s not much information to draw conclusions from so fingers crossed. I will say order another note after one month from now.

My first notes were ordered 28th May, got it 28th June

Ordered another 12th July, hoping to get PPR before it arrives 12th August.

aWITNESS:
Good evening great minds. Trust we are all doing great. So my GCMS finally came in today and I have attached screenshots for the gurus to help interpret. I noticed the MBS certificate sent via webform on July 2, is not updated. Thanks in advance.

May 15th applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Peacekid:
Hi All,

Please, is it normal if someone's profile reads "your action is required" even after ignoring NSE request that was sent in March?

Should I be worried?
Can PPR enter with such a profile?

Eligibility review started June 30th

March 6th Applicant

Your action is truly required o, normally the thing suppose change after 30days but we've seen many cases like this and what you need to do is come up with a reason why the NSE was ignored, upload it in the appropriate section and submit it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peteris: 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:
Congratulations in advance to everyone on this honourable thread!.

I would like to use this opportunity to officially welcome you all to the Canada Student Visa Thread PART 19, a new dawn, moment of jubilation and testimony. On this faithful day by the power in the name of Jesus Christ, I speak in life into every TRV applications in and out side of this thread awaiting response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God and I decree and declare as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, may God in heaven open every closed doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... Indeed, WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!. I therefore call forth the heavenly beings (Archangles) to take charge of every applications on this platform and perfect everything that concerns your application this time.

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch on the LIKE BUTTON, may heaven intervene in your case and may your application find favour in the sight of the visa officer. As you shout the loudest AMEN!, may it come to perfection in Jesus name.

Your Case is settled forever... Go and Rejoice for your success story is near.

Part 19 Grace --------------------------》100%Loaded!

Cc: @Justwise thanks for the update & acknowledging my request. We look forward to a more productive days and success stories on this thread.

As always, IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR EVERYONE

Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please for those that have successfully applied for gcms notes via cbsa. Did you need to print out the authorization form, sign and then scan to upload?
And just to be sure am in the right website, I do need to fill an authorization form for the person requesting on my behalf right?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chemin01: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello house, please I need your candide advice. I have an admission in University of Québec for January 2022, but my passport expires in May 2022 (ten month from now) . To renew it, I was told it has to be no more than 6month. And we know that study visa does not extend beyond passport expiration. Moreover, I need to start applying for my study visa already. Please what do I do. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
ademidedavid:
PLease house, how do i send my upfront medical? i just did it today and want to send it before they request for it.

Kindy help a brother as it is Very Urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Triumphkesi:

Amen!

Person wey don dey canada aiidy...

Late comer grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pace6: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please guys I have an urgent question. Someone said PR (Permanent Residency) for Canada has not been working.

Please how true is this information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Chemin01:
Hello house, please I need your candide advice. I have an admission in University of Québec for January 2022, but my passport expires in May 2022 (ten month from now) . To renew it, I was told it has to be no more than 6month. And we know that study visa does not extend beyond passport expiration. Moreover, I need to start applying for my study visa already. Please what do I do. Thanks.
Apply for Passport Renewal next month. You can still use this old one to apply for Study Permit. When you obtain your new Passport, you can update IRCC through Webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pace6:
Please guys I have an urgent question. Someone said PR (Permanent Residency) for Canada has not been working.

Please how true is this information?
Permanent Residency has been on. But for sometime now, due to Covid-19 measures, they have not given ITA to FSW. But that is about to change real soon as Canada has Vaccinated a lot of her citizens and is about to open up her border.
Note also, that here for Study Permit discussion. You will get more information in Canada PR thread.
Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
mercy445:

Please did you get an email when your eligibility started.I am trying to avoid signing into my account every other day.

Thanks
No, I did not get an email, I logged in to my portal to find it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jioke1994:

Ok. Tnx a lot.
Pls, can u give me ur WhatsApp number, let me even send the rejection letter to u.
Main sponsor: Uncle ( bank statement...35+mill)
Co-sponsor: Mum...2.5mill
I didn't use my own acct statement.
Mum's sponsorship letter.
Uncle's sponsorship letter and affidavit of support.
SOP
No NSE, but my agent explained.
Tuition deposit of 8160 CAD stated in my Acceptance letter.
As I plan to reapply...I'll include all my mum's landed properties. How about that?

The uncle is d issue... It has always been emphasized here that uncle/aunty is not a strong enough POF, especially when there's no form of commitment (like paying tuition, opening GIC)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pace6: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Permanent Residency has been on. But for sometime now, due to Covid-19 measures, they have not given ITA to FSW. But that is about to change real soon as Canada has Vaccinated a lot of her citizens and is about to open up her border.
Note also, that here for Study Permit discussion. You will get more information in Canada PR thread.
Cheers!

Thank you very much. Please do you have link to the tread?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
OCT202020:

Your action is truly required o, normally the thing suppose change after 30days but we've seen many cases like this and what you need to do is come up with a reason why the NSE was ignored, upload it in the appropriate section and submit it.

Thanks for your input @OCT202020

After uploading it in the two sections that were tagged "request overdue", I tried submitting, it took me to the application fee page asking for processing fee.

Omoh, I immediately went back oo, let it not be that I submitted my application twice.

I did send the letter explaining why I ignored NSE request via webform and Email though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chemin01: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Apply for Passport Renewal next month. You can still use this old one to apply for Study Permit. When you obtain your new Passport, you can update IRCC through Webform.

Thank you so much for this. Though I know nothing about Webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Achi911:
Gurus in the house.
Pls can I generate my normal bank statement in pdf from my mobile app and send to ircc via webform for this NSE request?

I use an online bank (Vbank) to be precise

Oct202020 makano lekiboboe

To be honest,I don't know what vbank is.

In meeting NSE requirement, it has to be mybankstatement, like you mentioned,it can be generated on your mobile app if your bank is among the ones that offer the service. That normal bank statement won't work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
Chemin01:

Thank you so much for this. Though I know nothing about Webform.
IRCC webform is another means of submitting documents to IRCC after you have submitted application especially when You're providing information not requested for by IRCC. You can still type "IRCC webform" in Google and see what it is about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pace6:

Thank you very much. Please do you have link to the tread?
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chemin01: 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
EmeeNaka:
IRCC webform is another means of submitting documents to IRCC after you have submitted application especially when You're providing information not requested for by IRCC. You can still type "IRCC webform" in Google and see what it is about.

I'm indeed grateful for your help. I must confess that I am so glad to find this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
LoadedHollow:
Please I’ve applied for student visa since last year November. I have emailed them multiple times but all they keep saying is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

I’m tired I swear. We’re staring in person classes by September and still no feedback from them. I saw what you guys call ghost update but I’ve seen no advancement since then. Can anyone help with an email that I can write to them that will at least do something?

8 months?,habaaa!,....can't imagine how hard it must have been.

I won't want to believe your application hasn't been touched. Please have you at any point ordered for your gcms note?, this would have given you an insight and save you the stress.

Since webform is not helpful anymore , I'll suggest you get in touch with the Member of Parliament where your institution is located.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.