Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (687809 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 11:21am On Aug 07, 2021
This made me smile soooo hard!
Congratulations!!! Canada will favor you
Backcheck:
Well

Well well well! As promised here is my landing gist. grin grin

Set out from home at about 2pm and got to the airport by past 3. We entered into the terminal and they were saying only I and another 1 person can enter. “”They need you to drop something’. Once we entered the airport, we were directed to customs immediately where they wanted to search my bags and was asking whats inside, I just said books and clothes, squeezed 1k and they said bye bye. (Couldn’t allow them start scattering). Once I was done, I was directly to the agricultural part, to declare what I have and they open your bags, they give you a card and you pay 2k ( I didn’t declare shit, told them theres no food in it, you can just slip away from here) after that you’re done with that.

Then I went straight to my airline, klm started checking in by 4pm, got there early so I was like number 3 on the line. While my bag was being weighed, excess luggage (33kg and 27kg) hand luggage was 9kg and 7kg, the guy just told us to go and reduce or pay 203 USD, my sister the expert just told me not to worry, and we stood one side, before 10mins some guys approached in uniform, the baggage guys, and started doing all the help and asking how much we want to pay, we drag drag drag, and agreed 30k. They then helped me repack the boxes, to a max of 27kg each and my hand luggage was 12kg and 8kg.
While all this baggage wahala was on going, i went to submit documents and passport where the guy asked for just Enrollment letter, fee receipt, admission letter and negative covid result. He took it and asked another guy and gave me back, scanned my passport and that was all. No sending to someone via whatsapp or all that.

After my bags were done, i just took them to the counter where they were tagged and gave me my boarding pass and that was it with bags. In the rush and bag repacking, I didn’t lock/wrap my ghana must go before sending in. Chai I wan die! But thank God it was fully intact.

Proceeded to the departure gate, bided family good bye and I entered.

First encounter is a single immigration officer where you pass your passport and pass, (na where roger start be this) cus they will ask and its better to give. 500 each for anyone way hail me.

Then the other immigration where you would scan your passport, fingerprints, take pictures, check your visa, and roger. If you dont have anything to give, sha make sure you check that they stamp your passport with exit stamp.

You then go to body scan, take off your belts shoes, laptop and all that, no problems here.

Then to customs again (final place) : This place they would ask how much you are carrying and declaring, if you have over 10k USD dont just bother declaring it, nothing go happen, if you declare be like say charges dey oo. This is in Nigeria ooo. When you get to CA please and please, declare it.

After this I proceeded to the boarding gate! and bye bye to Nigeria!!

Landed in Amsterdam, Netherlands at about 5:30 WAT, and proceeded to arrival hall, where there was a screen displaying all flights and gate to be at, found my gate and kept walking there, there are signs everywhere, so no need to even ask anyone anything, this airport is damn large! The walk no be small. This is where I waited till my flight time, easy peasy. Made a friend so had him watch over my bags while I went to freshen up a bit and vice varsa.
I sha got something light to each, cus 6 hours wait no be small, this is where the conversation syndrome got me, got a sandwich, candy and water for 12euros thats 6k+ (Pic 1) I just dey shake head. Ate, and waited for time to board. This was it for Netherlands.

Flight to Calgary

What a long flight, leaving Netherlands by 12:30pm and flying 8+ hours only to get to Calgary 1:30pm, omo! The time difference. This flight time didn’t make it interesting as I couldn’t open window to enjoy the view, hot sun and reflection. On this flight food was a bit fair.

When we got to calgary, proceeded into the airport, first point of contact is to self checkin, this is where you declare your stuffs, food, excess cash, sickness, this and that, and how long you will spend in Canada, I enter 730 days, as per 2years, then the machine gives you a ticket. I then proceeded to CBSA, the guy asked to pass my ticket and passport, which I did, asked what brings me to canada, asked what course. Asked how much I had with me, since I already declared above 10k CAD. He then asked for my arrive Can, Study Authorizations letter (This is what we’ve been calling LOi) and covid test. He asked if i have any documents to support my studies i then passed my Admission letter, enrollment letter, tuition receipt, statement of Account, asin I just dey give am. He asked what food stuffs I brought, and I passed a printed copy of food stuffs I brought, I typed it already. He had to smile and said ‘I like you, you’re very much prepared’ I said thanks. I honestly almost said, thank God for Nairaland.
He gave me some Covid forms and returned my passport. I then proceeded to pick up my bags. After picking up, then I was directed to where they issue study permit gaan gaan. The same documents asked for by the CBSA officer is what you give them here, and they put in a file, then tell you to go and sit down. They call your name when its your turn. After about 20mins I was called, you go there with your luggage, based on your declaration, the food stuffs are checked, just make sure to pack food in one luggage so they dont unpack all your luggage. After this, the officer him self filled a form for me, for the amount declared and gave me a copy. When I was done, he told me to meet his colleague, that one has already printed my permit, and stapled to my passport so when I got there, she just opened and read the conditions for me. No stress at all!!

Ps: omo this CBSA female officers must have been handpicked, cus choi!! them no lack at all lmao.

I was then directed to where covid testing is done. Did my test, and headed out to the parking bay to wait for my hotel shuttle.

Ps: To avoid delay prebook your covid test, when you book online you get a booking Code, with this code, you will already skip alot of waiting time.

I thank God for journey mercies!! Make I no lie, Canada na better place! Nice people everywhere, from security to driver to passerby, to hotel boys ands staffs.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:23am On Aug 07, 2021
Congratulations. My daughter's testimony loafing in Jesus name

Backcheck:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2021
lawfree638:

Co ask.

Pls snap the list for us @backcheck

Yam flour/Elubo
Poundo yam
Garri
Home made spice ( suya pepper, knorr chicken)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2021
Hi, that's a cash back. Did you use an agent who made payment on your behalf?
Also, Take down the picture on you last post. Your sensitive info (UCI numb, name and application numb) are all exposed.

Olanrewajuluke1:
Pls am begging assist me on my matter, don't silent on me, don't let me fall in hand of wrong people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by yoyu: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2021
username12:
Thanks for this information. Are you for Fall or Winter next year?

Fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2021
elenewton1:
Hi, that's a cash back. Did you use an agent who made payment on your behalf?
Also, Take down the picture on you last post. Your sensitive info (UCI numb, name and application numb) are all exposed.

we paid the money then and I have the receipt with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pavoda: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2021
Amin ya Allah
OCT202020:

This na national anthem o,the boat full die.
They're really overwhelmed at this moment,they don't even understand densef anymore, but hopefully by next week new songs shall be heard from many hearts.
It must end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2021
Solution needed pls and pls �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tammy03: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2021
Hello everyone.
I am new in this beautiful forum. I just registered today. I have been reading the thread for some months. I gained alot of information here that help in my son s Canada study permit application.

My son applied for the 3rd time , 24th April 2021. We are still hopeful for a positive response. I will send the breakdown of this later.

I decided to register to help respond to someone s question on IOM Ikeja,booking appointment online.
The online booking is presently not working.
I went to IOM Ikeja on monday 2nd of August by 7.30am. Was on queue for hours with my son. By 12noon, i was asked to go to the office close to the entrance gate. I booked 4th of August. Paid 46,500 naira online. Kept the receipt. My son was able to do his upfront medical the day i booked.
Very fast to do if your payment was confirmed early enough.Canada appointments are not as busy as UK appointments at IOM Ikeja.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2021
Ysakaws1:
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg or University of Manitoba by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

I’m a male in my early 20s
??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Backcheck:

Yam flour/Elubo
Poundo yam
Garri

Thanks, Baba... Helpful as usual
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oliveth19:

It usually comes when they act on the web form you sent to them. The more webform you send the more ghost update you get.

I have never seen a ghost update on my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
Thanks.

Backcheck:

Yam flour/Elubo
Poundo yam
Garri
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patty10: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hey guys. Please how do I get an enrollment letter? Will the school provide that for me when I send them my visa? And what is the e authorization letter? Is it the correspondence letter after you receive a PPR? Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Backcheck:

Yam flour/Elubo
Poundo yam
Garri

Congratulations once again

Wahala for some of us that can't cook

Just seeing ogbono, melon upandan grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Naheem4real(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
OCT202020:

This na national anthem o,the boat full die.
They're really overwhelmed at this moment,they don't even understand densef anymore, but hopefully by next week new songs shall be heard from many hearts.
It must end in praise.

Amin! What do you think we can do next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
I got my confirmation of enrollment letter through the self-service option after logging in my student account. I got the letter of authorization by emailing the international students service unit of my university. They asked me to send them some documents (like passport data page, visa introduction letter, student number etc) after which my authorization letter was issued. The letter just says that I should be allowed to enter Canada because the reason is non-discretionary.
patty10:
Hey guys. Please how do I get an enrollment letter? Will the school provide that for me when I send them my visa? And what is the e authorization letter? Is it the correspondence letter after you receive a PPR? Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pls I need help guru in the house, help to look into my matter, I need solution

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tammy03: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Amen to FrankRobin 1 prayers. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Another generic response. February applicant. Eligibility started since two months ago...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
If you are sure like very very sure there was no charge back on the payment, please kindly send your receipt through webform and email to them with a letter explaining that you have paid and there must be a mix up somewhere.

Alternatively, if you aren't sure of the payment or you don't trust the person that helped you to pay, please pay again by yourself and send a letter explaining the charge back.

Olanrewajuluke1:
My people pls and pls come to my rescue, I paid visa when I applied at vfs office for the first time when coronavirus never start, I got refused letter, I reapply online last October 15 2020 I also paid visa fee, they have requested for NSE letter December last year which I tried my best, have ordered for my GCMS note once no debt recorded in it, this morning I got letter from my status to clear depth of $150 for previous service within 06/09/2020 help me I don't no anything about the solution �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Backcheck:

Yes, I booked the hotel from Nigeria, but paid here, since I’m not vaccinated, I kept a friends address for the remaining days. They didn’t Care much or ask anything since I’ve filled in arrivecan

Alright.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
My people pls and pls come to my rescue, I paid visa when I applied at vfs office for the first time when coronavirus never start, I got refused letter, I reapply online last October 15 2020 I also paid visa fee, they have requested for NSE letter December last year which I tried my best, have ordered for my GCMS note once no debt recorded in it, this morning I got letter from my status to clear depth of $150 for previous service within 06/09/2020 help me I don't no anything about the solution �

This looks like a charge back.
Please if you know you ain't sure of payment from the onset, kindly do it yourself this time around with a LOE.
It's better you do it to clear every doubt and ask whoever paid for you if they truly did.

5years ban no go eye you ijn.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
GodsGabby:

Please if you know you ain't sure of payment from the onset, kindly do it yourself this time around with a LOE.
It's better you do it to clear every doubt and ask whoever paid for you if they truly did.

pls can I call you for better explanation � 08165281614
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
GodsGabby:

this is first message I got after the payment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pls and pls my good peoples I need assistance � am begging, every guru in the house pls help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
Any WhatsApp group for Saint Mary's University students?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
fav2deep:
Another generic response. February applicant. Eligibility started since two months ago...
when did you send the message?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Pls and pls my good peoples I need assistance � am begging, every guru in the house pls help me out

What is it, state the problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
Teemenzo:

What is it, state the problem

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
They sent it this morning at 8.43

EmeeNaka:
when did you send the message?

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.