Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685581 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As regards affordability, education is not cheap in Canada, Financial Readiness is very essential!!!!!

See the links below for
PG. Cert Programs related to
Mass Communication (Journalism, Advertising, media etc.) & Customer Care Related Programs (Public Relations)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/295#93537714

The link below has list of Schools in Canada offer Mass Communication related programs for Masters

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/165#98339669

If she's looking for a scholarship (Masters), she should take her time & go through the Contents in the link below , relate it to her own field of study & Research Interests in Mass Communication

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

There is no Scholarship for PG.Cert/PGD

Boss you too sure pa
thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kezee123(m): 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please how does someone get back reference number given after biometrics if misplaced? Submitted my passport without it and I had to pay 7450 for package transmission fee, I just realised I need the reference number to track my passport.

And I also paid DHL for delivery to and fro, please anybody with an idea on how to get the reference back?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Beautifulsoul21: 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hello everyone. Please can I be added to a Canadian study visa WhatsApp group? I was denied study visa recently and so I need guidance on the next step to take from here. I was advised to join groups like this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kezee123(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
No, they sent it themself. They only provided me with a paper to upload as proof that have done the medicals
Khormzy1:
Did you get a copy of your result?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hephzibahjay: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please Lekiboboe I need your assistance
I currently work in a bank as as human resource Professional
Msc 2021:Actuarial sciences 3.56
Bsc Banking and Finance 3.55
Kindly assist with courses I can take and am self sponsored

Really not so good with posting as I am not conversant with it.

Kindly assist me.
Thank you

quote author=Lekiboboe post=104492199]
As regards affordability, education is not cheap in Canada, Financial Readiness is very essential!!!!!

See the links below for
Mass Communication (Journalism, Advertising, media etc.) & Customer Care Related Programs (Public Relations)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/295#93537714

The link below has list of Schools in Canada offer Mass Communication related programs for Masters

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/165#98339669

If she's looking for a scholarship (Masters), she should take her time & go through the Contents in the link below , relate it to her own field of study & Research Interests in Mass Communication

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

There is no Scholarship for PG.Cert/PGD[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrobrown2000: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
@beautifulsoul21 i advise you that there isn't any short cut to this...its a process just follow it...just apply for your GCMS notes which takes about 30days...while that is in processing start to read at least from part 18 and 19.....even before the notes are out you would have had a clue of what went wrong in your application... this is just a delay not a denial
Beautifulsoul21:
Hello everyone. Please can I be added to a Canadian study visa WhatsApp group? I was denied study visa recently and so I need guidance on the next step to take from here. I was advised to join groups like this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
You are in the right place.
Share the reasons you were refused, your full profile and you'll be surprised on how gurus here will assist you.
I also hope you have requested for your GCMS notes.

Beautifulsoul21:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 12:58am On Aug 08, 2021
Bernardhills:
Hello please has your transaction with the form A been processed and has your school received that payment? I've been on mine for over a week now and my bank isn't given me a good reaoki

Seriously, this is a very bug issue now as i have also been waiting since Tuesday.

Please may i ask what bank you used? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:50am On Aug 08, 2021
Thank you so much LadyBlaq!

LadyBlaq:

Congrats Tennie. I am so happy for you. God is always always faithful...

RollyA, be encouraged, still rooting and praying for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 2:59am On Aug 08, 2021
Gokoyer1401:
Can we backdate the arrangements. I think we can get someone that can arrange that she worked in his company in the past. Can it work out like that by saying that she has been receiving her salary in cash?
Salary in cash. It's up to the VO to use discretion. It is hard to sell that story.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibrology1(m): 5:13am On Aug 08, 2021
Hello,
Please I will like to know the necessary documents/requirements needed to apply for Canada study visa. I just got an admission into University of Manitoba. And I am in Nigeria.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:14am On Aug 08, 2021
Ibrology1:
Hello,
Please I will like to know the necessary documents/requirements needed to apply for Canada study visa. I just got an admission into University of Manitoba. And I am in Nigeria.
Thanks.
Go to first page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bernardhills: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2021
I used first bank , the problem now is they can't tell me when exactly my transaction will be processed, all they said was it depends on the availability of forex, the same bank told me cbn usually make forex available for them usually Wednesday's and Thursday's now they're telling me they can't give me a definite time it will be processed, they only Said it's still in process, I haven't been debited yet .
Teemenzo:

Seriously, this is a very bug issue now as i have also been waiting since Tuesday.

Please may i ask what bank you used? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bernardhills: 6:08am On Aug 08, 2021
I did mind last week Wednesday Aug 4. As I was told my Thursday it must have been completed. I'm thinking of using another bank but I don't know if another bank will be faster
anike2011:
Same here. I initiated my transaction last Wednesday and its still in progress. Guess it takes 2-3 weeks in some Bank's.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibrology1(m): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2021
shupy:

Go to first page
@shupy kindly please help me out cuz going back to part one is not that easy. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zee1n1(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2021
Congratulations bro
Am also an applicant in the same University and yet to get decision on admission yet though I applied for engineering course MSc level. Strongly hoping to get admission.
My email is ibrahimajibola1328@gmail.com
My WhatsApp number is 08038314934
Those are my contacts if u don't mind.
Ibrology1:
Hello,
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 6:43am On Aug 08, 2021
millie0:
How can I book a flight to Lagos online? My medicals are on August 13. I've heard about some cheap flight services like AirPeace, Dana and Arik Air. Which is advisable to use and how can I book?

On an unrelated note, I just discovered that one of my sponsors has a lump sum. How should I explain that? In my S.O.P? What do I say?

Anyone?

@shupy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2021
shupy:
"Canada does not consider those who have received a different vaccine as fully vaccinated"

What vaccine do they recommend?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2021
Why is it advisable to upload your new LOA after ppr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2021
hephzibahjay:
Please Lekiboboe I need your assistance
I currently work in a bank as as human resource Professional
Msc 2021:Actuarial sciences 3.56
Bsc Banking and Finance 3.55
Kindly assist with courses I can take and am self sponsored

Really not so good with posting as I am not conversant with it.

Kindly assist me.
Thank you

quote author=Lekiboboe post=104492199]

See the links below for

There is no Scholarship for PG.Cert/PGD
While you await response from the gurus.

THESE ARE MY OWN SUGGESTIONS

You have two options here cos there you have no study gap & since you graduated 2021(MSC) and you also have Work Experience (as an HR professional)

Either you go for a
- Fully-funded PHD program in Actuarial Science or Actuarial science related area e.g BUSINESS ANALYTICS (Scholarship)
- Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) in Human Resources Management (based on your Work Experience)

For the Scholarship Option,
if you can take your time and do your due diligence about it, luck might just smile at you.

Interestingly, Business Analytics is more or else tailoring Management to Science, Tech & Engineering, i.e NONSTEM to STEM & am sure you know PHD is all about RESEARCH, so

If you are proficient in the use of Python, SQL, R-programming, Advanced Excel and some other Data Analytics software packages, and you also have some Research Experience or Projects, did online courses related to Business Analytics , yes you stand a Chance of getting a PHD Scholarship in Canada

Below are some Research Areas in Business Analytics you might want to consider for your PHD in Canadian Universities

- Big Data Analytics
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Supply Chain Management
- Blockchain Technology
- applied econometrics
- electricity markets
- financial econometrics and quantitative risk forecasting
- Bayesian methods
- forecasting, sensitivity analysis
- micro-econometrics, multivariate statistical methods
-panel data methods and models
- scheduling problems
- stochastic non-life insurance and actuarial problems
- testing and modelling structural change
- Actuarial Science
- Financial Engineering

Which ever Research area above (at least 4 Research Areas) you want to work on for your PHD in Business Analytics in Canada, you need to google professors in Canada whose Research Areas align with your Research Interests, or your prior research experience (MSC), then read about their Area of expertise, research work, articles (journals, publications), then draft a non-generic mail (cold mail) and send it to them to show interest in their work, how your research interests aligns with the Prof's Research areas and your intentions to join their Research Group. Once a Prof. finds you fit for his research group, all other things na cruise (Softwork).

Look at this illustration

So i am an Actuarial Science MSC holder, I have interest in "BlockTechnology" (which was stated on my Academic CV) for my PHD, so I went to google and type,

Professors of BlockChain technology Canada

So I saw a search result,

Professor. Victoria Lemieux
https://blockchain.ubc.ca/people/victoria-lemieux

I read through her page and I saw this;

"My current research is focused on risk to the availability of trustworthy records, in particular in blockchain record keeping systems, and how these risks impact upon transparency, financial stability, public accountability and human rights"

Boom!!!, her research area aligned well with mine, so i drafted my Cold Mail & tailored it to her Research Area, then attached my well-detailed Academic CV and sent to her , two days later, she gave me this response (FIND ATTACHED THE IMAGE). In her next e-mail, she told me to go ahead and apply for the PHD program and attach all necessary documents e.g Transcript, Statement of Purpose (for Graduate School Application), Academic CV etc.). She gave me a supporting letter to attach to my application which shows that i have been accepted by a prof. (Supervisor).
Three-Four Weeks Later, PHD Admission Came which was Fully-funded (Opooor!!!)

Note: As easy as it might look or sound, it ain't a one time thing oooo....., don't put all your eggs in one basket, You gotta be mailing loads of professors in the research areas of your choice, so you can widen your horizon for a Fully-funded PHD Admission. Avoid any form of lukewarmness if you wanna go for PHD in Canada, in your best interest, be very proactive

In a situation whereby a Prof. Mail you that he/she wants to have a SKYPE/ZOOM INTERVIEW WITH YOU the contents in the link below would suffice
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/331#99484513

A SAMPLE OF A SOFT REMINDER MAIL TO THE PROFESSOR YOU SENT A COLD MAIL TO WHO IS YET TO RESPOND
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/436#104040092

For more details on how to go about PHD admission, and package yourself for Graduate School Scholarships, take your time and go through the contents in the link below, relate it to your intentions of going for a PHD in a Business Analytics research area in Canada.

Note: Endeavor to ask questions from the Prof.

The PG.Cert Option
Since you have work experience you can also go for a Post Grad. Certificate in HRM at Canadian Colleges.

See the link below for;
PG. Cert in HRM (human resources Mgt.) programs & Colleges Offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068930

Since you are going for a Program you have Work Experience in (as an HR professional) , but no Degree in (you don't have an HR degree), see this
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Canadian Résumé Style & Cover Letter for Admission into a College for a PG. Cert Program (Find attached)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/50#89629360

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Good luck!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2021
Vee1998:
please can you share a draft of what was sent

Hello,

I am (name as written on passport) with Application number ********* and UCI ********.

This is in regards of my application submitted on the 14th of April, 2021 with no update till date.

I also write in respect to my application that shows "your action is required".

I hereby attach a letter with respect to mybank statement ticket ID and password of my sponsors, letter of explanation on why i could not submit the IELTS test result as required, my wedding and family pictures, my husband employment confirmation letter and my children's birth certificate for your further action.

Many thanks.
Name:
Application no:
UCI

I also sent a webform to back it up........

and my eligibility started the next day

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2021
WummieWummie:
Please help with the message you sent. As in what did you write in the mail?

Hello,

I am (name as written on passport) with Application number ********* and UCI ********.

This is in regards of my application submitted on the 14th of April, 2021 with no update till date after NSE request was made by IRCC.

I also write in respect to my application that shows "your action is required".

I hereby attach a letter with respect to mybank statement ticket ID and password of my sponsors, letter of explanation on why i could not submit the IELTS test result as required, my wedding and family pictures, my husband employment confirmation letter and my children's birth certificate for your further action.

Many thanks.
Name:
Application no:
UCI

I also sent a webform to back it up........

and my eligibility started the next day

Best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gokoyer1401: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2021
Just looking for ways to backdate the runs. Like i said earlier, the person I am talking about has left Nigeria but we may get someone to arrange the job experience being backdated. So, how can we go about it now?
shupy:

Salary in cash. It's up to the VO to use discretion. It is hard to sell that story.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tarvel(m): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2021
Hi guys, can anybody put me through on how to get an undergraduate Scholarship in Canada? cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:58am On Aug 08, 2021
Federal Govt will flag off the administration of Moderna Vaccines on Tuesday,10 August 2021.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silverkc: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2021
shupy:
"Canada does not consider those who have received a different vaccine as fully vaccinated"

Not true pls. They accept it provided the vaccines are part of the ones they recognise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silverkc: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2021
Check if you qualify for the exemption
To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:

be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test)

Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada

Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
Moderna (mRNA-1273)
AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)

Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:

Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
Other

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MJ1000: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2021
Hello everyone, I’m new here.

I will appreciate the assistance of the guru’s in the house.

Submitted my application: November 19 2020
Request for NSE : December 15 2020.

I agreed to go through the NSE route and submitted my proof of fund and ILETS.

From December last year till date I do not have any update from embassy.

I ordered my GCMS note Medicals , criminality and Info sharing are all passed. However, my eligibility is blank.

I have told my agent I would like to send a reminder mail to the embassy but she’s advising against it saying it might lead to rejection.

Please assist me with your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2021
emmalextemtop:
For the visa app fees, can i resume from where i stopped in the filling of the application forms, while someone pay for me?
Can i pay the $150CAD before i start the application or must it be at the end?
While paying, whose address will be their, mine or the person helping me?

Let it be your contact address, plus payment is only possible at the end when submitting, your application would be transmitted and payment page generated.

Either you or your trusted person can make the payment when you are sure you want your application submitted.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silverkc: 8:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Thaiy:

Let it be your contact address, plus payment is only possible at the end when submitting, your application would be transmitted and payment page generated.

Either you or your trusted person can make the payment when you are sure you want your application submitted.

It will end in praise.

I can help you anyway. I have a credit card .

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.