Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685524 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
How does one know the branch handling one’s application??
No updates on this thing at all.. hmm embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
tourphland:

Did you do an upfront medical?

Yes, i did upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
tourphland:

Did you do an upfront medical?

Yes, i did upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
tourphland:
How does one know the branch handling one’s application??
No updates on this thing at all.. hmm embarassed

Send mail to them and complain.....i did it yesterday and my eligibility started today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lianna2020:
Amen

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
ademidedavid:

Send mail to them and complain.....i did it yesterday and my eligibility started today

What email did you send it to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
tourphland:

What email did you send it to?

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ok thanks.
MOBAN444:
A card showing that you have been vaccinated against Yellow fever.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrobrown2000: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
nice one concise and detailed.. guess this is the period of landing gist as most schools commence resumption for fall...
thank you @Backcheck for thanks for taking out time to comprehend this write up..... Waiting more PPR and Landing gist.
Backcheck:
Well

Well well well! As promised here is my landing gist. grin grin

Set out from home at about 2pm and got to the airport by past 3. We entered into the terminal and they were saying only I and another 1 person can enter. “”They need you to drop something’. Once we entered the airport, we were directed to customs immediately where they wanted to search my bags and was asking whats inside, I just said books and clothes, squeezed 1k and they said bye bye. (Couldn’t allow them start scattering). Once I was done, I was directly to the agricultural part, to declare what I have and they open your bags, they give you a card and you pay 2k ( I didn’t declare shit, told them theres no food in it, you can just slip away from here) after that you’re done with that.

Then I went straight to my airline, klm started checking in by 4pm, got there early so I was like number 3 on the line. While my bag was being weighed, excess luggage (33kg and 27kg) hand luggage was 9kg and 7kg, the guy just told us to go and reduce or pay 203 USD, my sister the expert just told me not to worry, and we stood one side, before 10mins some guys approached in uniform, the baggage guys, and started doing all the help and asking how much we want to pay, we drag drag drag, and agreed 30k. They then helped me repack the boxes, to a max of 27kg each and my hand luggage was 12kg and 8kg.
While all this baggage wahala was on going, i went to submit documents and passport where the guy asked for just Enrollment letter, fee receipt, admission letter and negative covid result. He took it and asked another guy and gave me back, scanned my passport and that was all. No sending to someone via whatsapp or all that.

After my bags were done, i just took them to the counter where they were tagged and gave me my boarding pass and that was it with bags. In the rush and bag repacking, I didn’t lock/wrap my ghana must go before sending in. Chai I wan die! But thank God it was fully intact.

Proceeded to the departure gate, bided family good bye and I entered.

First encounter is a single immigration officer where you pass your passport and pass, (na where roger start be this) cus they will ask and its better to give. 500 each for anyone way hail me.

Then the other immigration where you would scan your passport, fingerprints, take pictures, check your visa, and roger. If you dont have anything to give, sha make sure you check that they stamp your passport with exit stamp.

You then go to body scan, take off your belts shoes, laptop and all that, no problems here.

Then to customs again (final place) : This place they would ask how much you are carrying and declaring, if you have over 10k USD dont just bother declaring it, nothing go happen, if you declare be like say charges dey oo. This is in Nigeria ooo. When you get to CA please and please, declare it.

After this I proceeded to the boarding gate! and bye bye to Nigeria!!

Landed in Amsterdam, Netherlands at about 5:30 WAT, and proceeded to arrival hall, where there was a screen displaying all flights and gate to be at, found my gate and kept walking there, there are signs everywhere, so no need to even ask anyone anything, this airport is damn large! The walk no be small. This is where I waited till my flight time, easy peasy. Made a friend so had him watch over my bags while I went to freshen up a bit and vice varsa.
I sha got something light to each, cus 6 hours wait no be small, this is where the conversation syndrome got me, got a sandwich, candy and water for 12euros thats 6k+ (Pic 1) I just dey shake head. Ate, and waited for time to board. This was it for Netherlands.

Flight to Calgary

What a long flight, leaving Netherlands by 12:30pm and flying 8+ hours only to get to Calgary 1:30pm, omo! The time difference. This flight time didn’t make it interesting as I couldn’t open window to enjoy the view, hot sun and reflection. On this flight food was a bit fair.

When we got to calgary, proceeded into the airport, first point of contact is to self checkin, this is where you declare your stuffs, food, excess cash, sickness, this and that, and how long you will spend in Canada, I enter 730 days, as per 2years, then the machine gives you a ticket. I then proceeded to CBSA, the guy asked to pass my ticket and passport, which I did, asked what brings me to canada, asked what course. Asked how much I had with me, since I already declared above 10k CAD. He then asked for my arrive Can, Study Authorizations letter (This is what we’ve been calling LOi) and covid test. He asked if i have any documents to support my studies i then passed my Admission letter, enrollment letter, tuition receipt, statement of Account, asin I just dey give am. He asked what food stuffs I brought, and I passed a printed copy of food stuffs I brought, I typed it already. He had to smile and said ‘I like you, you’re very much prepared’ I said thanks. I honestly almost said, thank God for Nairaland.
He gave me some Covid forms and returned my passport. I then proceeded to pick up my bags. After picking up, then I was directed to where they issue study permit gaan gaan. The same documents asked for by the CBSA officer is what you give them here, and they put in a file, then tell you to go and sit down. They call your name when its your turn. After about 20mins I was called, you go there with your luggage, based on your declaration, the food stuffs are checked, just make sure to pack food in one luggage so they dont unpack all your luggage. After this, the officer him self filled a form for me, for the amount declared and gave me a copy. When I was done, he told me to meet his colleague, that one has already printed my permit, and stapled to my passport so when I got there, she just opened and read the conditions for me. No stress at all!!

Ps: omo this CBSA female officers must have been handpicked, cus choi!! them no lack at all lmao.

I was then directed to where covid testing is done. Did my test, and headed out to the parking bay to wait for my hotel shuttle.

Ps: To avoid delay prebook your covid test, when you book online you get a booking Code, with this code, you will already skip alot of waiting time.

I thank God for journey mercies!! Make I no lie, Canada na better place! Nice people everywhere, from security to driver to passerby, to hotel boys ands staffs.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tipsycares1(m): 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
You don’t need payslip just submit ;

* Employment letter
* Recent promotional letter
* Photocopy of office ID card
* Letter of introduction

You can also add his pension statement of account

emmalextemtop:

Thnks
I thought, I.D card and letter of promotion will suffice?
Pay slips, how do we get that? It's government job.

The main source of income is from his farming business though not registered but have prove of invoices, receipts, pictures... We just wanted to add it to it that he is also a civil servant or what's your advice please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fogechi: 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
iamadonis2:
If you’re planning to travel to Abuja to authenticate your documents at the Federal Ministry of Education and also at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, please sit down and recalculate

I can do that for you at a very fair and unbeatable price and return your documents safely to you (GIG Logistics).

The processes can be done on your behalf by a third party. I repeat: No need spending heavily on hotel accommodation, transportation fares, and feeding for SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE AND COMPLETED IN 24 HOURS.

Send me a PM let’s talk.

So documents must be authenticated before we apply for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JayEjabz: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hello everyone, please has anyone used applygcms.com to request for their gcms notes? This is 50days now and they have refused to send my notes or give a good explanation only saying Ircc hasn't sent it to them. Im beginning to doubt if they are genuine or not. Has anyone experienced such delay in getting their notes? Im so worried.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silverkc: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please house,
How can I know my eligibility has started.
My application always show;

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

Does this mean it has started or not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Not needed for Canada study visa. But I am aware some counties require you to authenticate your document.

fogechi:

So documents must be authenticated before we apply for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2021
It will change from the quoted to "we are reviewing your eligibility"
Silverkc:
Please house,
How can I know my eligibility has started.
My application always show;

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

Does this mean it has started or not?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WummieWummie: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please help with the message you sent. As in what did you write in the mail?
ademidedavid:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
I have not used them before but delay on getting GCMS notes is not new on this thread. We have seen where the third party sent message to the applicant for 60days extension.
If you don't mind, request another notes through another third party or if you have a family member in Canada that help you out.

JayEjabz:
Hello everyone, please has anyone used applygcms.com to request for their gcms notes? This is 50days now and they have refused to send my notes or give a good explanation only saying Ircc hasn't sent it to them. Im beginning to doubt if they are genuine or not. Has anyone experienced such delay in getting their notes? Im so worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Seems Nairobi Office reply Messages very fast recently. I believe they have replaced the review of Visa application with Reply of inquiry/ email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
JayEjabz:

Gcmsnotes.com is better 30days is 30days. I just applied for their CBSA now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Vee1998: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
ademidedavid:

please can you share a draft of what was sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
How can I book a flight to Lagos online? My medicals are on August 13. I've heard about some cheap flight services like AirPeace, Dana and Arik Air. Which is advisable to use and how can I book?

On an unrelated note, I just discovered that one of my sponsors has a lump sum. How should I explain that? In my S.O.P? What do I say?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Vee1998:
please can you share a draft of what was sent

Previously shared here.

Good day sir/ma,

Trust this email meets you well?

I submitted my NSE request since 15th December 2020, and its past 20 days already, but I haven't recieved any update yet.

My school will be resuming on the 11th of January, 2021. If there's any help your esteemed office can do to expedite the processing, I will be very grateful.

Thank you and kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Name

UCIxxxxxxxxxxxxx

App. NO: xxxxxxx
I sent this email everyday to all emails ending with @international.gc.ca.

Please where did you send emails to?
Let me start sending
Refer to this Post

Email addresses of IRCC offices
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992

and this

Email Addresses of other IRCC offices
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca
pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I sent the mails individually ,I didn't blind copy what I did was I copied the content of the mail and was just pasting it individually to each email addresses and sent them.Then I just selected few visa offices for the webforms the key ones like Nairobi, beijing,London,Newyork,Accra,ganzu

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JayEjabz: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oyesquare10:
I have not used them before but delay on getting GCMS notes is not new on this thread. We have seen where the third party sent message to the applicant for 60days extension.
If you don't mind, request another notes through another third party or if you have a family member in Canada that help you out.

Okay thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silverkc: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oyesquare10:
It will change from the quoted to "we are reviewing your eligibility"

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
amiecandie:

Previously shared here.

Good day sir/ma,

Trust this email meets you well?

I submitted my NSE request since 15th December 2020, and its past 20 days already, but I haven't recieved any update yet.

My school will be resuming on the 11th of January, 2021. If there's any help your esteemed office can do to expedite the processing, I will be very grateful.

Thank you and kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Name

UCIxxxxxxxxxxxxx

App. NO: xxxxxxx
I sent this email everyday to all emails ending with @international.gc.ca.

Please where did you send emails to?
Let me start sending
Refer to this Post

Email addresses of IRCC offices
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992

and this

Email Addresses of other IRCC offices
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca
pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I sent the mails individually ,I didn't blind copy what I did was I copied the content of the mail and was just pasting it individually to each email addresses and sent them.Then I just selected few visa offices for the webforms the key ones like Nairobi, beijing,London,Newyork,Accra,ganzu
I don't know if this is helpful; to send mails to many different email addresses of Canada Embassy.
I did it twice and they sent me warning asking me to refrain from doing it.
Another person, here, was also asked to refrain from doing it and they even warned it can lead to longer processing time as it will make them to use time for processing Application for another thing.
Kindly limit your messages to your primary Visa Office, which is Nairobi Kenya or you do a Webform.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by anike2011: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Same here. I initiated my transaction last Wednesday and its still in progress. Guess it takes 2-3 weeks in some Bank's.
Bernardhills:
Hello please has your transaction with the form A been processed and has your school received that payment? I've been on mine for over a week now and my bank isn't given me a good reaoki
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gokoyer1401: 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hello sir,
You are doing a great job here on this platform.

I hope you can be helpful regarding my question below:
Do you have an idea about life as a PhD student (married with kids) in Victoria BC? How is the job prospects, living expenses(how expensive), lifestyle and etc. Can spouse get a job to do there? What about post study life, pathway to PR, immigrant community?

Any info Will Be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Any contribution will be highly appreciated
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that your study visa application was refused by the Canadian immigration authorities. Given the reasons highlighted by the visa officer, it is evident that you didn't demonstrate that you've significant ties back in Nigeria that would compel your departure after studies. The course of study is also not in tandem with your current employment status which doesn't show career progression. I will urge you to request for your case notes as soon as possible, this will provide clarity to the main reasons behind the refusal of your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gokoyer1401: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Can we backdate the arrangements. I think we can get someone that can arrange that she worked in his company in the past. Can it work out like that by saying that she has been receiving her salary in cash?
shupy:

Whatever you do, the bolded must not be disclosed in the application. She has to be patient and cautious. She should be paid salary for the next 5-6 months. The whole packaging of the application must be done smartly. Like I usually say, one must make the most out of every circumstance. Does a family member or friend own a registered business/company? One must leverage on anything leverageable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Here just dey boring. Almighty God is at work
We muveeeee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
millie0:
How can I book a flight to Lagos online? My medicals are on August 13. I've heard about some cheap flight services like AirPeace, Dana and Arik Air. Which is advisable to use and how can I book?

On an unrelated note, I just discovered that one of my sponsors has a lump sum. How should I explain that? In my S.O.P? What do I say?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
Backcheck:
Well

Well well well! As promised here is my landing gist. grin grin

Set out from home at about 2pm and got to the airport by past 3. We entered into the terminal and they were saying only I and another 1 person can enter. “”They need you to drop something’. Once we entered the airport, we were directed to customs immediately where they wanted to search my bags and was asking whats inside, I just said books and clothes, squeezed 1k and they said bye bye. (Couldn’t allow them start scattering). Once I was done, I was directly to the agricultural part, to declare what I have and they open your bags, they give you a card and you pay 2k ( I didn’t declare shit, told them theres no food in it, you can just slip away from here) after that you’re done with that.

Then I went straight to my airline, klm started checking in by 4pm, got there early so I was like number 3 on the line. While my bag was being weighed, excess luggage (33kg and 27kg) hand luggage was 9kg and 7kg, the guy just told us to go and reduce or pay 203 USD, my sister the expert just told me not to worry, and we stood one side, before 10mins some guys approached in uniform, the baggage guys, and started doing all the help and asking how much we want to pay, we drag drag drag, and agreed 30k. They then helped me repack the boxes, to a max of 27kg each and my hand luggage was 12kg and 8kg.
While all this baggage wahala was on going, i went to submit documents and passport where the guy asked for just Enrollment letter, fee receipt, admission letter and negative covid result. He took it and asked another guy and gave me back, scanned my passport and that was all. No sending to someone via whatsapp or all that.

After my bags were done, i just took them to the counter where they were tagged and gave me my boarding pass and that was it with bags. In the rush and bag repacking, I didn’t lock/wrap my ghana must go before sending in. Chai I wan die! But thank God it was fully intact.

Proceeded to the departure gate, bided family good bye and I entered.

First encounter is a single immigration officer where you pass your passport and pass, (na where roger start be this) cus they will ask and its better to give. 500 each for anyone way hail me.

Then the other immigration where you would scan your passport, fingerprints, take pictures, check your visa, and roger. If you dont have anything to give, sha make sure you check that they stamp your passport with exit stamp.

You then go to body scan, take off your belts shoes, laptop and all that, no problems here.

Then to customs again (final place) : This place they would ask how much you are carrying and declaring, if you have over 10k USD dont just bother declaring it, nothing go happen, if you declare be like say charges dey oo. This is in Nigeria ooo. When you get to CA please and please, declare it.

After this I proceeded to the boarding gate! and bye bye to Nigeria!!

Landed in Amsterdam, Netherlands at about 5:30 WAT, and proceeded to arrival hall, where there was a screen displaying all flights and gate to be at, found my gate and kept walking there, there are signs everywhere, so no need to even ask anyone anything, this airport is damn large! The walk no be small. This is where I waited till my flight time, easy peasy. Made a friend so had him watch over my bags while I went to freshen up a bit and vice varsa.
I sha got something light to each, cus 6 hours wait no be small, this is where the conversation syndrome got me, got a sandwich, candy and water for 12euros thats 6k+ (Pic 1) I just dey shake head. Ate, and waited for time to board. This was it for Netherlands.

Flight to Calgary

What a long flight, leaving Netherlands by 12:30pm and flying 8+ hours only to get to Calgary 1:30pm, omo! The time difference. This flight time didn’t make it interesting as I couldn’t open window to enjoy the view, hot sun and reflection. On this flight food was a bit fair.

When we got to calgary, proceeded into the airport, first point of contact is to self checkin, this is where you declare your stuffs, food, excess cash, sickness, this and that, and how long you will spend in Canada, I enter 730 days, as per 2years, then the machine gives you a ticket. I then proceeded to CBSA, the guy asked to pass my ticket and passport, which I did, asked what brings me to canada, asked what course. Asked how much I had with me, since I already declared above 10k CAD. He then asked for my arrive Can, Study Authorizations letter (This is what we’ve been calling LOi) and covid test. He asked if i have any documents to support my studies i then passed my Admission letter, enrollment letter, tuition receipt, statement of Account, asin I just dey give am. He asked what food stuffs I brought, and I passed a printed copy of food stuffs I brought, I typed it already. He had to smile and said ‘I like you, you’re very much prepared’ I said thanks. I honestly almost said, thank God for Nairaland.
He gave me some Covid forms and returned my passport. I then proceeded to pick up my bags. After picking up, then I was directed to where they issue study permit gaan gaan. The same documents asked for by the CBSA officer is what you give them here, and they put in a file, then tell you to go and sit down. They call your name when its your turn. After about 20mins I was called, you go there with your luggage, based on your declaration, the food stuffs are checked, just make sure to pack food in one luggage so they dont unpack all your luggage. After this, the officer him self filled a form for me, for the amount declared and gave me a copy. When I was done, he told me to meet his colleague, that one has already printed my permit, and stapled to my passport so when I got there, she just opened and read the conditions for me. No stress at all!!

Ps: omo this CBSA female officers must have been handpicked, cus choi!! them no lack at all lmao.

I was then directed to where covid testing is done. Did my test, and headed out to the parking bay to wait for my hotel shuttle.

Ps: To avoid delay prebook your covid test, when you book online you get a booking Code, with this code, you will already skip alot of waiting time.

I thank God for journey mercies!! Make I no lie, Canada na better place! Nice people everywhere, from security to driver to passerby, to hotel boys ands staffs.

Hello,

Please is it your sponsor's account statement that you tendered? and also, did you print a new copy of the account or you submitted the one you used in applying for the study permit.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.