Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685590 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Bernardhills:
I used first bank , the problem now is they can't tell me when exactly my transaction will be processed, all they said was it depends on the availability of forex, the same bank told me cbn usually make forex available for them usually Wednesday's and Thursday's now they're telling me they can't give me a definite time it will be processed, they only Said it's still in process, I haven't been debited yet .

Bro same here o, they even told me ita on first come first served basis. I just pray they sort it out this week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
fogechi:

So documents must be authenticated before we apply for visa

Not necessarily all. But if you can, why not.

We've had many guys here with PPRs that didn't authenticate nada.

Even CA V.Os doesn't accredit our police report certificate. Lol! They said in their report, Nigeria doesn't have a trusted police database. Do we even have one sef?

In madiba's voice: Do I know? grin

It's well jawe.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by temitopeoloyede: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls, I want to ask I want to book for an upfront medical at the IOM hospital in Lagos, I've sent an email till now I haven't gotten any response. I need to do it this week does anyone knows how to go about that pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sorry please what has changing DLI got to do with PGWP?
Does studying the full duration of the course not qualify one for PGWP.
Most people change DLI from inside Canada as long as they inform IRCC, and are enrolled and studying before changing.

Please correct me, if I’m wrong...
lawfree638:

For reapplication, all document submitted for a new application applies. Exact same process. The difference is the TAT in completion on processing.

Changing DLI is the number one reason why PGWP is usually not always granted. Those V.O likes consistency.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cloudweb: 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Visit the IOM site and book an appointment....you don't need to send them email for booking.

temitopeoloyede:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls, I want to ask I want to book for an upfront medical at the IOM hospital in Lagos, I've sent an email till now I haven't gotten any response. I need to do it this week does anyone knows how to go about that pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Please has anyone here submitted application recently... I have few questions please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Iphiegrace:
Sorry please what has changing DLI got to do with PGWP?
Does studying the full duration of the course not qualify one for PGWP.
Most people change DLI from inside Canada as long as they inform IRCC, and are enrolled and studying before changing.

Please correct me, if I’m wrong...

Hi Iphiegrace,

Good evening. Qualification for PGWP is at least 8 months in total duration.

Also, your bolded statement is very correct. You need a serious convincing LOE in your PGWP application as to why the change. If not, V.Os will flag it as an inconsistency in your application. Your Yes is not yes, No is not No! (Defeating your initial study permit plan of studies).

Please see below for major reasons why PGWP is refused after studies - I have seen a few in Canadian forum discussions groups.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
Come on you're way past processing time. YOUR agent probably on crack. You should raise webforms and email to the Nairobi office. Inform them of your plight and they should respond accordingly. I think they've forgotten your case file sef. If nothing works to expedite your request. You should mail your MP.
MJ1000:
Hello everyone, I’m new here.

I will appreciate the assistance of the guru’s in the house.

Submitted my application: November 19 2020
Request for NSE : December 15 2020.

I agreed to go through the NSE route and submitted my proof of fund and ILETS.

From December last year till date I do not have any update from embassy.

I ordered my GCMS note Medicals , criminality and Info sharing are all passed. However, my eligibility is blank.

I have told my agent I would like to send a reminder mail to the embassy but she’s advising against it saying it might lead to rejection.

Please assist me with your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
RxOtunba:
I dnt think u need to state it as part of sponsorship. Maybe just like a gift deed, depending on the amount of dollars.

I don't think it will be much, i don't know his mind though, till then.

But if i hole it as cash not indicating as gift deed, the VO shouldn't think am lying now, having my own 10KCAD in my personal account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Berylchristy: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hello dchamps,
I tried reaching out via email.
I submitted my application June though I have been on their neck since January but they told me there was no space until january of 2022 and that i need to apply by June for the Jan 2022 intake.
If you have not heard from them, i think you should send them an email.
Can we talk via Dm?
Thanks

dchamps:

Pls when did you submit your application to them? I also applied to the school in june and i have not heard from them. Pgd HRM also. I sent you a mail pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thanks Dear,
This is clear enough
lawfree638:

Hi Iphiegrace,

Good evening. Qualification for PGWP is at least 8 months in total duration.

Also, your bolded statement is very correct. You need a serious convincing LOE in your PGWP application as to why the change. If not, V.Os will flag it as an inconsistency in your application. Your Yes is not yes, No is not No! (Defeating your initial study permit plan of studies).

Please see below for major reasons why PGWP is refused after studies - I have seen a few in Canadian forum discussions groups.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MJ1000: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Omiinii:
Come on you're way past processing time. YOUR agent probably on crack. You should raise webforms and email to the Nairobi office. Inform them of your plight and they should respond accordingly. I think they've forgotten your case file sef. If nothing works to expedite your request. You should mail your MP.

Thank you, I will do just that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Abimbola15:
hello, her old dli admission has not been terminated but it expires this September. For a reapplication would she have to go through same exact process. Proof of funds and all that?
Hi, she can use the old admission to go to Canada, when she arrives Canada, she can change school and course and then update IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uche09: 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
temitopeoloyede:
Good Evening Everyone.

Go to https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thaiy:

Of course. You can have a complete application while you make payment with the hour slighted for payment to be made.

I will advice you submit and make payment when you are ready. You application will be saved and intact, you transmit submission and make payment afterwards.

Thanks so much!

For the digital photo, how many am i getting and what is the earliest or recommended period i should take it?, am planning to apply next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Pace6:

Please I am interested. Thank you �

Rooting for him!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by anike2011: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
Amen
Teemenzo:

Bro same here o, they even told me ita on first come first served basis. I just pray they sort it out this week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toluchenko(m): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Please if I may ask, what is the yellow card?

Good evening...

The yellow card is a certificate of vaccination to show that travelers have been immunized against yellow fever.

Apparently we DO NOT need to to travel...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
emmalextemtop:

WoOh, really, that will be good then. Nagode
But that's not my original signature, hope there won't be future issue!

How about the barcode of a thing
Will i print anything during the course of filling my visa application? Guess i saw it somewhere there...
Lastly, the documents for Nigerians are the IMM 1294(study outside canada), IMM5707(family info) and IMM 5409, right? the IMM 5409 is for statutory declaration of common law union, am i right filling that?
You're not required to print any imm form and I don't remember anything regarding barcode. Just go through it all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
JustMellow:
Hello Fam,

To those interested in the "2 SOP & 1 LOE" free writing by me, I will be acknowledging "3 monikers" with the highest mentions here on Nairaland (quoting this post) when next I am online to confirm the 3 lucky monikers.

n.b. there is a criterion after selection to meet. Read back through some of my previous posts on the thread to see the post.

One love everyone!
I am currently stuck here. Please Sir, just help me go through it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nigeria received Moderna Vaccine but they gave us AstraZeneca Vaccine as 1st doze. Are the 2 vaccines compatible? What will happen now? I'm really concerned about my safety.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teeprecious: 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Nigeria received Moderna Vaccine but they gave us AstraZeneca Vaccine as 1st doze. Are the 2 vaccines compatible? What will happen now? I'm really concerned about my safety.

Well, I also got Oxford astrazeneca as first dose and this is Moderna. Cross vaccination I heard is not advisable and would not be given but we were told that the astrazeneca vaccine will also be available in few weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
Teeprecious:

Well, I also got Oxford astrazeneca as first dose and this is Moderna. Cross vaccination I heard is not advisable and would not be given but we were told that the astrazeneca vaccine will also be available in few weeks.

And they couldn't be proactive to ensure availability even as different variants of the virus are erupting. This unavailability will technically defeat the target of resuming for fall semester fully vaccinated.

Thanks for your response though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fluxyn(m): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Its a rolling application. The deadline is June. I guess I have to wait till September then. Thanks a lot, bro. Are you in Canada?

IntimidationJay:
Hi, it takes about 3months to 4 months from the date of the application deadline to get admission decisions for masters and Ph.D. You will prolly hear from them at the end of August or September. When was the deadline for applications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jojorito007: 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Last week was so dry here’ to think that we had so much expectations. May all that we expected last week and more happen this week for us all. May this new week bring us so much PPR like never before . May we all have reasons to celebrate in regards to our applications In Jesus mighty name

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jojorito007:
Last week was so dry here’ to think that we had so much expectations. May all that we expected last week and more happen this week for us all. May this new week bring us so much PPR like never before . May we all have reasons to celebrate in regards to our applications In Jesus mighty name
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pepper247(f): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pepper247(f): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
JustMellow:
Hello Fam,

To those interested in the "2 SOP & 1 LOE" free writing by me, I will be acknowledging "3 monikers" with the highest mentions here on Nairaland (quoting this post) when next I am online to confirm the 3 lucky monikers.

n.b. there is a criterion after selection to meet. Read back through some of my previous posts on the thread to see the post.

Im interested plsss

One love everyone!

Very much interested
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kindly consider @pace6 for this.
Thanks.

JustMellow:
Hello Fam,

One love everyone!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bertram87: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jojorito007:

Amen in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 11:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jojorito007:
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WummieWummie: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
Amen o. The wait is tiring and the anxiety is much...
Jojorito007:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.