Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (697394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
I have an admission for Graduate Certificate program at Conestoga College. Please, what I am expected to select in the option below on the imm1294e for my level of study

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
So what are this IRCC looking for exactly ?
Anyway, Order your GSMC note here https://www.caipsgcms.com/order

sim2003:
I was refused based on that that was my third consecutive application
And I also paid 50% of the tuition fee with 10m naira MBS. I work in a construction firm and also serve as a representative of my elder sister that sells gold in abroad. She is my sponsor.

I do receive money from her Nigerian customers that want to order gold in Naira whereby she handles the ones in Europe.

Can u assist me how I can get the gsmc notes too?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
College Certificate

MEDOLAB:
I have an admission for Graduate Certificate program at Conestoga College. Please, what I am expected to select in the option below on the imm1294e for my level of study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
You can upload through any of the mentioned IRCC centers Webforms.

if you send to a center that isn't handling your application, the IRCC center that receives your upload will re-direct it to the center handling your application....

But if you already have your GCMS notes, the office handling your application will be stated in your notes..

Nairobi Visa center handles 90% of Nigeria applications, so I will advise you chose Nairobi..

PEACE
stevedestiny:
I greet vthe house o... Please I'm trying to upload my upfront medical sheet via webform.. Please is it[b] "Webform Nairobi" or "Webform Lagos"[/b]?..

I'm confused on the location cos I've been seeing Nairobi on this forum, someone pls help

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kholayrio(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
I did biometric since may and I'm yet to get a response from the embassy via mail, what may cause the delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ogethatnewchick: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
bollybeejay:

There are schools in Canada that accepts application without GRE

I know but i am also considering the fees etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ogethatnewchick: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lekiboboe:

I have heard someone mentioned the
MBA program at Thompson River University (TRU), British Columbia on this group sometime early last year. They don't require GRE/GMAT

Visit the link for more details about the MBA program at TRU
https://www.tru.ca/distance/programs/business-management/mba.html

I will check them out...Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
College certificate
MEDOLAB:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by GMs: 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi. Kindly get back to me, I need your help regards requesting GCMS note.

Thanks

Anon123:

If it was system maintenance, you won't be able to login. Stuffs like error104 will appear but this one is that he was locked out from entering for 24hours. Which means he has inputted a wrong security answer more than 3times
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Havre: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello people, I am seeking advice for a friend. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

*Educational Background*
Undergraduate: BTech Biochemistry
Result: 2:2
Work Experience: 6 months IT experience in a research lab
He is looking to apply for a program in Business and Management in Canada

- Can he get into a Master’s program with 2:2?
- Should he opt for PGDiploma or PGCertificate, if so which one has better job prospects in Canada after graduation?
- With a PGDiploma or PGCertificate, can he get a PR and work permit after graduation?
- Any other insight is welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chemin01: 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
KikkyQ:
That is pretty much the GCMS notes he is talking about. You can request the same GCMS through Anon123 here if your lawyer gives you a cost too high. I think Anon123 charges N5000

Please what is GCMS notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
Stop waiting to get a date online. Walk up to the clinic and beg like your life depend on it.
You will get a very close date

lobinche101:

how do u guys get date for upfront medical.... everything full till next year... somebody help oooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please which bank gives PTA within a day?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fisayo6: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello guys , good evening
I’m a ppr hopeful as my school resumes 1st week in September. I was expecting a ppr alert so when an email notification dropped I was so excited but I got this instead , is this normal or a first please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
Amicableoga:
Pls l have a friend that had PASS in HND electrical and electronic engineering. I want to help him get admission in canada.

Pls who knows a better option and program l can look out for?
Hmmm, a very dicey one.

Does your friend have work experience related to his HND degree in ELECTRICAL-ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ? If no, what kind of Job is he into, and what is the Job description of that job?

What year did he graduate?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fisayo6: 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi everyone, if there’s any group for Durham college students resuming this fall, I’d love to join or anyone that wants to connect should please send a WhatsApp message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obilec: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ikechi12(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello, I need advice, please. I am going for a PhD and did my MSc in the UK. While in the UK, I applied for my study permit before returning to Nigeria. However, when my eligibility started, my resident permit in the UK had already expired. They then requested for a whole lot of documents - proof of funds, reference letter from school, etc.
Today, I received a rejection and I am confused as to the reason. However, I want to reapply and so I need advice. Here are a couple of things to note.
1. I have a scholarship of 25kCAD per year (My school fee is about 19k/year) and a one-time scholarship of 10KCAD for the first year. I also have the opportunity to apply for a teaching assistantship in the remaining years.
2. I have a personal bank statement of 10k euros (about 15k CAD) in my Italian bank account.
3. I left the UK after my resident permit had expired. This was because I was granted an exceptional assurance (EA) to stay for an extra month due to covid and was given the opportunity to reapply. I reapplied but their reply came only when the previous exceptional assurance had expired. According to UK rules, you are not deemed illegal when you have a pending EA application. So when the rejection came I was given 14 days to leave the UK and so I left in 10 days. So legally, I was never an overstayer in the UK.
4. I didn't sit for IELTS because my school didn't need it for my application. I sat for it in 2019 but it has expired. In fact, I am only hearing it on this forum as it is not a thing when applying from the UK.

I will need advise from experts on how to proceed.
How can I prove that I will return?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
Fisayo6:
I’m a ppr hopeful as my school resumes 1st week in September. I was expecting a ppr alert so when an email notification dropped I was so excited but I got this instead , is this normal or a first please
It is a biometric validation letter that comes before a decision. A decision has been made on your application

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
You should get a decision soon. I pray for a positive decision for you by God's grace. Congratulations
in Jesus name.
Fisayo6:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Awonaiye201: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
My good people please I am confused ooo, how do I make payment for study permit application, it was declined I am using UBA master card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ade999:
I've gone through the PGCert programs but my fear is the 1 year duration for all of them. Was hoping for a 2yr program so I'll have ample time plus post stay period to settle down properly.

What would you advise please? Do you have links for 2yr pgc programs since the pgd are a no go?

Thank you.

To the bolded, No i don't.

Though there are PGD in Accounting programs being offered in Universities that have 2 years study duration.

Based on your profile, PGD admission from a University is 50/50 , cos they kinda process their applicants the way they process Masters applicants and their requirements seems to be geared towards fresh graduates or people with less study gaps.

Look at Graduate Diploma in Accounting, Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario for example

Admission Requirements
1) An undergraduate degree (completed or in final stages of completion);

2) Completion of all prerequisites for courses in the graduate diploma (completed or in the final stages of completion with a minimum grade of C- in each course); and

3) A minimum required average in business-related courses of B-.​​

As you can see, the above admission requirements is not really aligning with your profile, but its possible it might not be the same for all universities offering GRADUATE DIPLOMA in ACCOUNTING. In fact i saw a school that required interview, unofficial transcript (student copy) and Official transcipt for the Grad. Diploma admission.

With the above explanation, you can still google search some Canadian Universities offering Graduate Diploma in Accounting to see if you would stand a chance based on your profile (CGPA, Work experience, portfolio, i.e your supporting documents)

That being said, below is a list of;

PG. Dip in ACCOUNTING programs and Canadian Universities offering them
Take your time and do research on them one by one most especially on the Program Overview, Admission Requirements, Program Duration Admission Intakes, Tuition amount for International Students etc.

Graduate Diploma in Accounting
Western University, Ontario

Graduate Diploma - Accounting
Ontario Tech University, Ontario

Queen's University, Ontario

Queen's University, Ontario

University of Guelph, Ontario

Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario

Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
McGill University, Quebec

Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
McGill University, Quebec

Graduate Diploma in Advanced Accounting
York University, Ontario

Graduate Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc)
York University, Ontario

Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (G.Dip.P.A.)
University of Toronto, Ontario

Professional Master's Diploma (PMDip) in Accounting
Ryerson University, Ontario

Graduate Certificate in Accounting with Digital Analytics
Simon Fraser University, British Columbia

Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy (CPA)
Concordia University, Quebec

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Expect a response tomorrow or so

Fisayo6:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
zaunty:
Hello everyone!
Hope you all are doing great!

Please is there any graduate student here (either MSc or PhD student) who has been admitted in York University, Toronto, Canada and will be willing to share a 2-bedroom apartment with me?

What is the location and price range?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello, esteemed members.

I would like to ask a very important question.

Is it required/mandatory for one to do valuation of asset and then submit with application?

Valuation of asset no be small money o.

Can I bypass this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
fav2deep:
Expect a response tomorrow or so

He or she must have gotten a response by now. I pray it's a good one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zaunty: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
It's an on-campus accommodation. Price is about 1440 Canadian dollars and we can split the cost equally if you are interested.

SuomyNona:

What is the location and price range?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kema22: 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please when did you apply and did you use normal or NSE route?
I pray its ppr that follows this letter for you.
Fisayo6:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ikechi12:
Hello, I need advice, please. I am going for a PhD and did my MSc in the UK. While in the UK, I applied for my study permit before returning to Nigeria. However, when my eligibility started, my resident permit in the UK had already expired. They then requested for a whole lot of documents - proof of funds, reference letter from school, etc.
Today, I received a rejection and I am confused as to the reason. However, I want to reapply and so I need advice. Here are a couple of things to note.
1. I have a scholarship of 25kCAD per year (My school fee is about 19k/year) and a one-time scholarship of 10KCAD for the first year. I also have the opportunity to apply for a teaching assistantship in the remaining years.
2. I have a personal bank statement of 10k euros (about 15k CAD) in my Italian bank account.
3. I left the UK after my resident permit had expired. This was because I was granted an exceptional assurance (EA) to stay for an extra month due to covid and was given the opportunity to reapply. I reapplied but their reply came only when the previous exceptional assurance had expired. According to UK rules, you are not deemed illegal when you have a pending EA application. So when the rejection came I was given 14 days to leave the UK and so I left in 10 days. So legally, I was never an overstayer in the UK.
4. I didn't sit for IELTS because my school didn't need it for my application. I sat for it in 2019 but it has expired. In fact, I am only hearing it on this forum as it is not a thing when applying from the UK.

Thanks
Don't forget to order your GCMS notes immediately. contact Frankrobbn1 for assistance. He handles complex Immigration case as yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
zaunty:
Hello everyone!
Hope you all are doing great!

Please is there any graduate student here (either MSc or PhD student) who has been admitted in York University, Toronto, Canada and will be willing to share a 2-bedroom apartment with me?

Here, I’m interested please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheShaman: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Took me 5 Mins in Brandon here.

Jeff5gold:
For those that are already in Canada and also those that are on there way, if you want to get your Social insurance number (SIN) @service Canada, please be there by 8AM…..d crowd is something else, and they closes by 4PM…….men, I spent 5 hours there today, it was hell.
Service Canada @Edmonton sha……maybe they won’t be crowd in other places but still go early.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
This is painful with full funding.
However, i am not a guru but i have some little contributions.

1. Purpose of visit : " Does your bachelors degree or masters degree field align with your Phd field"? If not, is it in line with your work history ?
2. What did you use as home ties to Nigeria ? Cos the fact that your EA wasnt approved might raise a question that you wouldnt have left UK in the first instance if your EA application was approved ?
3. Your italian bank account are your sure its a verifiable account that would'nt raise authenticity question with IRCC as far as interprétation and analysis is concerned?.
4. Are you currently employed or run your own business no matter how little. ?

5. Hope you took your time to expantiate on the EA application in your SOP? I mean why it failed and why you decided to pursue graduate studies in canada now at the moment.?

These are my observations, let the gurus add to it.

Ikechi12:

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.