Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (697571 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mercy445: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oh wow congrats to your brother.

If anyone ordered gcms note and looking for resources to understand. This helped me, just incase it hasn't been shared before.

https://canadawiz.ca/gcms-notes-guide-understand-interpret-read-sample/

Lovesarrow:
Omo my brothers ppr just landed now. No medical request...
God I'm still waiting chai

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zaunty: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello everyone!
Hope you all are doing great!

Please is there any graduate student here (either MSc or PhD student) who has been admitted in York University, Toronto, Canada and will be willing to share a 2-bedroom apartment with me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Yes, it takes between 30-40 days or more depending on the volume of orders being processed at the time.
Visit their website thegcmsonline.com and order for it, you can pay in naira using your card. It's 4,450 naira (for the basic gcms).

GMs:
Thanks for your response, I called the thegcmsonline.com and I spoke with an Indian, he says the fee is $13. And might take between 30 to 40 says, Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
lobinche101:

how do u guys get date for upfront medical.... everything full till next year... somebody help oooooooooooooooooooo
Go to iom ikeja bro, u go book appointment there manually. Go around that kind 7:30am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
okoronkwo123:
How.muh does the medical cost
40k Qlife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lovesarrow:
This my brother's application shows that what God cannot do does not exist and that there is no hard and fast rule for ircc. He refused to do IELTS and refused to do upfront medicals. He graduated in 2012 and has never worked for anybody in his life. He just runs his ecommerce business. And his application was haphazardly packed. Me I did IELTS and upfront medicals still we are still waiting..
Omo I'm still shaking on his behalf

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
Temmygrace:
Hello everyone,
I’m new here! Please I need guidance on my study Visa application. I was refused recently.
Brief Summary:
I’m 35 yrs old. Worked as a customer service representative in a bank for 5 years. Another 5 years as a Customer relationship officer with state revenue service. Started my own retail business and I have been self employed for 5 yrs. I have a B.Sc degree in business administration (3rd class). I would like to study marketing and applied for a 2yr diploma program at Sheridan college. With my degree class, I wasn’t sure I could get into the post graduate certificate program. With an offer letter, I applied for a study visa and was refused on several counts (will get to that later)
But let’s start here - Kindly advise me on the best study program path that will help my Visa application based on my academic qualification and work experience. Thank you all.

It’s better you do Pgd in Business Administration. 3rd class notwithstanding, you will get admitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patocypher: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Esmer:

I submitted LOE, first time applicant. I thought SOP and LOE just has to do with selling your strong points to the VO, and they are used interchangeably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jeffdaniel(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
Amenmay:

Patocypher: Calm down, you have not committed any crime . Before responding, contact your agent to get details as to why the payment was reversed. This is a very serious issue. The procedural fairness letter Is not a matter of another person writing or drafting it for you. Your agent knows the true story about the chargeback. Just contact your agent and tell IRCC the truth in your explanation letter and attach proof if you have any. Another person who does not know much about the chargeback might assist you in writing it and you will land yourself into trouble. The same letter was sent to me on july 31, 2021 to Specially, Provide an explanation as to why the debts to the crown were incurred. I told them the whole thing because i used an agent and attached the proof i have with me and reply. Please pack your luggage and run away from Agent. Thats one of the disadvantages of using Agent. Is something you can do yourself.
It's well..

I have sent you an email, will like to chat with you. Please respond, so that I can send you my contact number. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
As a first time applicant, you only need an SOP.. Then when the application is refused and you wanna re-apply, that's when LOE comes in to explain and tackle the reasons why the VO rejected your initial application..

Since you submitted both, its not a problem...

PEACE
Esmer:

I submitted LOE, first time applicant. I thought SOP and LOE just has to do with selling your strong points to the VO, and they are used interchangeably

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemmyk: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Plss can I use my HND to apply for an undergraduate certificate and not PG.cert because of the technical skills to be achieved from the undergraduate cert.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello Emeka, was it through webform that you asked for an update?

no o, I used Email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=Thaiy post=104959882][/quote] No Update at all. It's quite disheartening

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patocypher: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
[ Makano ] can you please contact me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patocypher: 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=makano post=104962322]

Can you please contact me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please what am I expected to fill in the UCI

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
bollybeejay:
h
I think it's always better if we don't know well about something before we make comments or let the experience answer the questions, sometimes I get worried about the too many conflicting informations here for the sake of those who wants to learn LOE and SOP means the same thing, either you call it LOE or SOP it's for you to convey your information to the visa officer since you don't have the chance to go for an interview for the Canadian immigration system the only chance you get to show your reasons for travel and convince the immigration system of your establishment and ability to return and convince them worthy of a temporary resident visa is your SOP or LOE as you choose to call it. They mean the same thing either reapplication or first time application

Agreed with you both SOP and LOE are same to my own understanding ooooooooooo all are to convey your Information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
If it is your first time applying, leave it blank. If you have applied before, check your previous documents for your UCI number.
MEDOLAB:
Please what am I expected to fill in the UCI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
That is pretty much the GCMS notes he is talking about. You can request the same GCMS through Anon123 here if your lawyer gives you a cost too high. I think Anon123 charges N5000
GMs:
Good afternoon guys. My wife applied for study visa in 2016 and was denied, so we about to try again and she called the same person that helped with the process, he’s an immigration lawyer. He said he was going to send a contact of who would help her get the visa officer note and then she should call him back when she’s gotten the visa officer note.

His word; I will send the contact of the company that would help you get the visa officer note and then we would carry on afterwards.

I’m sure this is coming with a cost and I’m trying to cut cost as much as possible.

Guys what does this mean, is this the refusal letter or the GCM note ? Cause we intend to do it our self time but then I have been reading comments here and realised we would be needing the reason for refusal is this the same thing. We have the refusal letter then not just sure if it’s what he’s talking about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Reach out to Anon123 for your GCMS notes. He is legit and he charges N5000
sim2003:
I was refused based on that that was my third consecutive application
And I also paid 50% of the tuition fee with 10m naira MBS. I work in a construction firm and also serve as a representative of my elder sister that sells gold in abroad. She is my sponsor.

I do receive money from her Nigerian customers that want to order gold in Naira whereby she handles the ones in Europe.

Can u assist me how I can get the gsmc notes too?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by stevedestiny(m): 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
I greet vthe house o... Please I'm trying to upload my upfront medical sheet via webform.. Please is it "Webform Nairobi" or "Webform Lagos"?..

I'm confused on the location cos I've been seeing Nairobi on this forum, someone pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
UCI would be the same
Akanoa:
Please can someone provide an answer to this question.
I have a previous refusal but I have reapplied. Will the UCI number be the same for the two applications but different application numbers?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Naheem4real(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
Omiinii:
Naheem I'll advise you to order your GCMS notes to know more about the reason for rejection. But from the rejection letter it seems they believe your family members are accompanying you I hope you didn't say so on your IMM forms maybe it's a mistake on their part. Ultimately, their concerns are your financial capabilities so after you get your notes you can drop it here so gurus can explain it to you but meanwhile I'll advice you try to brush up on your finances and let them see that you can cater for yourself in Canada without having to work.
If and only if funds was the problem and you can validate that, after reading your notes here are steps you can take to prove you have enough funds to live and study in Canada:

1.Pay your first year tution in full and attach the receipts to your next app
2. Obtain a GIC and have funds from about 10k to 50k in there.
3. Show that you will have funds for subsequent years. You will explain this in your LOE and attach prove with it.
4. If you father is sponsoring you please he should write a detailed sponsorship letter elucidating how funds will be distributed. For example let's say you have siblings and he has other responsibilities. He should explain how much he is obligated to give them(school fees/upkeep) each year. How much on average he invests in his businesses. How much will the rest the family spend on expenses and emergencies for a year and how much he will give you per year and of course he'll add prove of where these funds will come from. Maybe he has 3 profit oriented buildings, treasury bills, investments. Be practical and put God I hope you get your visa on the next trial IJN
Thank you, I honestly appreciate this. I already made a tuition deposit and it’s a year program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
It is called a ghost update. Someone probably picked your file in the visa office. It is nothing to worry about
Achi911:
I got a mail early hours of today that my application status has changes. I Logged into my profile but I didn’t see anything new.

Does anyone have an idea the reason behind this Or what it means? I’ve applied for my gcm note though.

cc makano lekiboboe anon123

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ara2004:
Yes medical results for the visa application and that of covid19 whcih must be done 72hours before departure

So l can request for my medical result from Qlife?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by GMs: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thank you! I will, do you have his email. I mean Anon123, GOD bless

KikkyQ:
That is pretty much the GCMS notes he is talking about. You can request the same GCMS through Anon123 here if your lawyer gives you a cost too high. I think Anon123 charges N5000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
It is always a good idea to do your medicals upfront and submit. You're never too late to do your medicals and upload via webform.
If you are deferring to Winter, inform IRCC as soon as you defer and get your new letter.
cmoloks:
Good day all. Congratulations to all those who just received their PPR. I have two questions for the house;

i) I made the mistake of not submitting an upfront medical while submitting my application. I have been waiting but I haven't been told to go do my medical and I am a Fall applicant. Please I want to know if I should go ahead and do the medicals and upload via Web forms or I should wait for them to instruct me.

ii) I also want to know if I should inform IRCC immediately if I decide to defer my admission to the winter semester.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
KikkyQ:
If it is your first time applying, leave it blank. If you have applied before, check your previous documents for your UCI number.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
Pls l have a friend that had PASS in HND electrical and electronic engineering. I want to help him get admission in canada.

Pls who knows a better option and program l can look out for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
Send a mail to your school on the process for getting enrolment letter. If not, ask them if they can give you a Letter of Authorization. But by all means, get the letter of Enrolment if you can. It is your safest and best option.
111Doris:
Please I need help oo
Good evening all, am planning to travel first week of September and my classes are resuming 3rd October but I can’t register my courses till 2weeks to resumption cos that’s when portal open
I don’t know how to go about the enrollment letter(kind of proof that I registered my courses,not sure if it’s enrollment letter they call it though but I hope you understand what I meant)
So any idea on how I will go about it or must I wait to get it before I can travel

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.