Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689748 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bennydta: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2021
Good morning,
Please is there anyone going to Fanshawe college this September or is already there and can help someone in getting an accommodation?
Please reply this message or send me an email please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by okoronkwo123: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2021
Please work me through the process of uploading medical exam result through the web form. Thanks
Esmer:

Via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2021
Follow the link below. Input your details then attach you e-medical slip.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

okoronkwo123:
Please work me through the process of uploading medical exam result through the web form. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2021
Honestly, this wait is sickening.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Unbin: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2021
We pray for God intervention today !

dotoracs:
Honestly, this wait is sickening.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2021
Hello guys,

Please, what am I expected to fill on imm1294e for duration of study January 10 2022 -Jan. 10 2023 or
January 10 2022 - August. 20 2022 .

On my letter of acceptance it was stated as 1 academic year which is period of 8 months whereas on the school website it was stated as one year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ACSgrains1(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2021
Good morning all,
Please who have an idea about how long it takes for PTA to be processed by Bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 8:56am On Aug 20, 2021
Infact he just got a date for next week with qlife

jfrazzy:
So u are saying he did not do medicals

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello, registering a biz through CAC, does it importantly requires opening a bank account with it at first instance?
No, it doesn't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2021
LANDING GIST!!!
I left Naija on Tuesday night, Abuja airport via Turkish Airlines. The check-in process was smooth, no searching or harassments. Of course there were tips here and there. The standard bags allowed is 2bags 23kg each. An overweight bag (up to 32kg cost $80, while an extra bag to US/Canada cost $290) exchange rate used is $1/413naira). I had 3bags each weighing 23kg. Most of my luggage was food, a few clothes and some important books. Thankfully none of my food items were seized.

Arrived Istanbul in the morning, transit was 8 long hours but the airport is big and beautiful with lots of shops so I didn’t feel it that much, I even slept at some point. Later I bought coffee and sandwich. When it was time to board I was first asked for ArriveCAN and COVID test result, proceeded to the next guy and he asked for “school documents” so I gave him my letter of acceptance and enrollment letter. The guy looked and asked if it was the only document I had from school, I affirmed and explained that my school doesn’t give support letter. After consulting their supervisor they let me go. The food onboard was okay.

I arrived Montreal on 18th, the queue was mad!! To make it faster two separate separate queues were created for fully vaccinated and not vaccinated travelers (so if you have taken only one shot just consider yourself unvaccinated), nevertheless I still spent hours on that queue. We were led to declare our food and cash, then the next queue was to get study permit. I collected number (my number was 288 and they were still on 167) so I waited for another 2 hours or so. When it got to my turn the officer just asked for my passport and declaration form then issued my study permit. No questions asked. After that I went to pick my bags and then proceeded to take my Covid test and was given a kit to use on the 8th day.

The total time it took to sort these things out from when we landed to picking my bags was about 5hrs plus. We arrived 5:30pm and by the time I was done it was getting to 11pm. I was extremely worn out, thankfully my connecting flight was scheduled for the next day, so I spent the night at the hotel inside the airport and continued my journey to Fredericton the next day. I’m currently in quarantine. Na so my journey take go. To those still waiting for PPR, I wish you the best. The journey isn’t easy but it’s worth it in the end.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2021

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibro2021: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2021
Applied to Fanshawe and waiting for their feedback. What program are you going for pls?

Bennydta:
Good morning,
Please is there anyone going to Fanshawe college this September or is already there and can help someone in getting an accommodation?
Please reply this message or send me an email please.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ikechi17(m): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2021
Good morning ,
I applied for my study permit on the 3rd of June 2021, I have done biometric on the 8th of June , and upfront medical on the 30 of July , my application is over 11weeks and no response , please need advice .
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheShaman: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2021
Yeah. I've seen that it's a nice alternative to Toronto or British Columbia in terms of opportunities.

Jeff5gold:

Lucky you….lots of immigrants moving to Edmonton I guess ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheShaman: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2021
I didn't even know it could be done online. Walked into Service Canada and it was just me in the office around 12 PM.

SoFaithly:

Did mine online and it came in 3days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dyce101(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2021
Good morning guys got my medical request but I have yet to book, can any help with a easy route even if it cost extra

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2021
okoronkwo123:
See it here

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2021
Mubarakaudu:
Good morning everyone, please how can I upload upfront medical to IRCC ? Pls help me out. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2021
Congrats! Wishing you favour in the land of Canada.

Queenmama03:
LANDING GIST!!!
I left Naija on Tuesday night, Abuja airport via Turkish Airlines. The check-in process was smooth, no searching or harassments. Of course there were tips here and there. The standard bags allowed is 2bags 23kg each. An overweight bag (up to 32kg cost $80, while an extra bag to US/Canada cost $290) exchange rate used is $1/413naira). I had 3bags each weighing 23kg. Most of my luggage was food, a few clothes and some important books. Thankfully none of my food items were seized.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Julify01: 10:51am On Aug 20, 2021
Hi everyone, I submitted my application since May and currently waiting for approval. How will I know if I’m using the Nigerian Student Express - NSE platform or the regular GC key login (that’s what I’m using so far. I am a first timer and applying for my self, no third party). I’m kinda confused, don’t seem to know the difference between the two.

Also, any news/update on applications submitted on May ahead of Sept start term? My school is in NS. I’ll like to meet up with people of same interest please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2021
@Shupy and @Lekiboboe
Pls, my main sponsor has a CAC document which I'll submit.
But, my co-sponsor's (mum) business is not registered.
Must she register her business?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Infact he just got a date for next week with qlife

Congratulations to him again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2021
Coleadeyemi:

You cannot use naija card find someone who has a dollar card to make payment for you, someone you trust because of issues of chargeback, I have someone who I can refer bollybeejay he is legit and can make the payment for you or find a trusted family member who has a credit card to pay for you chargeback and 5year ban is real o.

Hello Mr bollybeejay,
Yes I called you that
Please i want you to stop disguising using this second account of yours.
You have been looking for means to penetrate here to get clients and the best option was for you to create this acct claiming you got ppr then you used that to advertise yourself.

Ever since then , i noticed you would use this moniker of yours to advertise your real self which is the agent that you are, while inserting yourself alongside frankrobbn and justmellow in order to take people unaware.
Please stop this dubious act of yours.
Let people decide to use you themselves and not you forcing yourself down their throats via this moniker.
Your pattern of reply on this moniker is same with bollybeejay.
You run both moniker and you this mainly to advertise yourself.

Why the deceits? ??
If you need clients let them choose.
Not by cutting through corners and then inserting yourself always using this moniker.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2021
Havre:
Hello people, I am seeking advice for a friend. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

*Educational Background*
Undergraduate: BTech Biochemistry
Result: 2:2
Work Experience: 6 months IT experience in a research lab
He is looking to apply for a program in Business and Management in Canada

- Can he get into a Master’s program with 2:2?
- Should he opt for PGDiploma or PGCertificate, if so which one has better job prospects in Canada after graduation?
- With a PGDiploma or PGCertificate, can he get a PR and work permit after graduation?
- Any other insight is welcome
Hi Honorable,

First of all, I.T. cannot really be categorized as work experience, cos I.T is a training, and I.T students are not usually paid, or they don't have a documented payment (I STAND TO BE CORRECTED)

If he has done NYSC, his 1-year service year can be categorized as a Work Experience cos Corp members are paid monthly by the Federal Govt. and their payments are documented.

Your Friend can't do a Masters with a 2.2, his chances are very slim as Canada requires a 2.1, most esp. a strong percentage (75% upward) in the last two years of the applicant
as an Undergraduate e.g 400L & 500L.

Your Response to the questions below would/might determine the type of program your friend would/should go for

- Is your friend a Fresh Graduate?
- Has he done NYSC? If yes, what is the name of his Job at his PPA & what were his job duties?
- What year did he graduate?
- Why Business Management?
- Does he have Work Experience in Business Management?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2021
Queenmama03:

Congratulations.... thank you for the gist.
Canada will favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2021
This is massive , congratulations to him.

Lovesarrow:
Omo my brothers ppr just landed now. No medical request...
God I'm still waiting chai

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queen6996: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Contact Anon123 for your GCMS notes or use gcmsonline.com to order.
Also, Raise a Webform to IRCC Nairobi and request for Status update.
Send an Email to IRCC Nairobi also.
You can also reach out to an MP of the region in which your school is domiciled and ask him/her to help you get an update on your application.

This is my email yaafosuhemaa4@gmail.com
. Can you please assist me with the webform and ontario MP. I have no idea how and where to start.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2021
Infact I have started thinking of the food I'll order on flight .. May Canada favour you.
Queenmama03:
LANDING GIST!!!

Arrived Istanbul in the morning, transit was 8 long hours but the airport is big and beautiful with lots of shops so I didn’t feel it that much, I even slept at some point. Later I bought coffee and sandwich. When it was time to board I was first asked for ArriveCAN and COVID test result, proceeded to the next guy and he asked for “school documents” so I gave him my letter of acceptance and enrollment letter. The guy looked and asked if it was the only document I had from school, I affirmed and explained that my school doesn’t give support letter. After consulting their supervisor they let me go. The food onboard was okay.

I arrived Montreal on 18th, the queue was mad!! To make it faster two separate separate queues were created for fully vaccinated and not vaccinated travelers (so if you have taken only one shot just consider yourself unvaccinated), nevertheless I still spent hours on that queue. We were led to declare our food and cash, then the next queue was to get study permit. I collected number (my number was 288 and they were still on 167) so I waited for another 2 hours or so. When it got to my turn the officer just asked for my passport and declaration form then issued my study permit. No questions asked. After that I went to pick my bags and then proceeded to take my Covid test and was given a kit to use on the 8th day.

The total time it took to sort these things out from when we landed to picking my bags was about 5hrs plus. We arrived 5:30pm and by the time I was done it was getting to 11pm. I was extremely worn out, thankfully my connecting flight was scheduled for the next day, so I spent the night at the hotel inside the airport and continued my journey to Fredericton the next day. I’m currently in quarantine. Na so my journey take go. To those still waiting for PPR, I wish you the best. The journey isn’t easy but it’s worth it in the end.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2021
I thought I was the only one that noticed this !!
GodsGabby:

Hello Mr bollybeejay,
Yes I called you that
Please i want you to stop disguising using this second account of yours.
You have been looking for means to penetrate here to get clients and the best option was for you to create this acct claiming you got ppr then you used that to advertise yourself.

Ever since then , i noticed you would use this moniker of yours to advertise your real self which is the agent that you are, while inserting yourself alongside frankrobbn and justmellow in order to take people unaware.
Please stop this dubious act of yours.
Let people decide to use you themselves and not you forcing yourself down their throats via this moniker.
Your pattern of reply on this moniker is same with bollybeejay.
You run both moniker and you this mainly to advertise yourself.

Why the deceits? ??
If you need clients let them choose.
Not by cutting through corners and then inserting yourself always using this moniker.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2021
kemmyk:
Biko plss I need a reply cry cry

Plss can I use my HND to apply for an undergraduate certificate and not PG.cert because of the technical skills to be achieved from the undergraduate cert.
Hi Honorable,

Who told you can't learn technical skills in a PG. Cert program?

It will interest you to know that PG.Cert programs have HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE which is embedded with lots of technical skills (depending on the Program you are going for and the program you did as an HND holder) and most time this Hand-on experience skills are the skills mostly required by firms, industries, recruiters in Canada.

If you check the Course outlines (Curriculum) of most of these PG. Cert programs, they have lots of technical skills in them, most especially if you are a STEM GRADUATE (a Science Technology Engineering Mathematics graduate).

That being said,
as an HND holder, for Career Progression and Academic Progression sake, it is expected of you to go for a PG. Cert Program related to your Academic Background (if you are a fresh HND graduate) or a Program related to your Work Experience.

Reasons Why a B.SC after getting an HND degree is not advisable
- Your age might not permit you to go for a B.SC ,cos a B.SC degree is mostly for age 17-23.
- A Visa Officer would likely not see a Career Progression & Academic progression in an HND applicant going for a B.SC degree.
- A Visa Officer might conclude that the cost of you going for a B.SC program might not be realistic due to the program duration and some other unforseen factors best known by the Visa Officer.

Await more response from others on this before taking a decision.

Note that

Admission is Important, convincing a Visa Officer that your purpose of Visit to Canada is to Study is IMPORTANTA (If such word exist cool)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2021
In order words, use Agents at your own risk !!

GodsGabby:

Here we are
This is you doing your advert.
That is what you use this moniker for ever since you used it to claim u got PPR.
Atleast, you should know we aint kids here.
This just speaks of desperation

People here need to be carefull.
Right from the US thread, i saw how people fake visa transcript and then use it as a means to advertise, it's rampart in their groups. To get unsuspecting customers.
And that is what you did here with cole moniker of yours.

Take it easy, let people reach out to you themselves.

Guys you all should be careful, every information you need for free will be given to you as long as you take your time to read previous pages and then ask questions.
Don't be so eager or in a hurry or even show your frustration so people or agents don't prey on it.
Becarefull mind how you do things

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.