Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (687889 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2021
They had excess applicants because of deferrals and were looking for ways to reduce the excess enrollees. They wrote me in July asking for my visa status and gave till August 6 for me to respond. I was advised to withdraw from the program which I was advised against here as someone said it will invalidate my application with IRCC. I was withdrawn by the school and hence my deposit forfeited
Thaiy:

Congratulations on your ppr.....I believe something might be worked out for you, reach your school and tell them of your approval, that it just dropped and that you already made some deposits whereas your candidacy was withdrawn by them while you were waiting for IRCC decision.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bushboy009: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2021
April 9th applicant . I just saw your profile has been updated and i checked and saw my Eligibility started today . Na to enter mosque ,shrine and church today �

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2021
I'm also April bro, mine started 12am, na for God to finish work ooo

Bushboy009:
April 9th applicant . I just saw your profile has been updated and i checked and saw my Eligibility started today . Na to enter mosque ,shrine and church today �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by phummy1821: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2021
7 months today....IRCC una well done o.
#January24th applicant

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mojiwealth: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2021
Chipo14:
So after 6 months and 5 days my wait finally ended with a PPR.

I got the correspondence letter yesterday and wanted to rush to post it only to see people getting correspondence letters and still getting refused. So I calmed down to see the final decision.

I got the mail exactly 6:22 am and I froze. It came with mixed feelings because my school has withdraw me from the program and my tuition deposit of $2000 cad forfeited. It would have been refunded if I got refused.
Congratulations
I am 5month 3days still hoping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bushboy009: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2021
badmanjo:
I'm also April bro, mine started 12am, na for God to finish work ooo

Amen . God of wonders will surprise us this week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Obiag: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2021
brunosucre:
First time posting on this thread. IRCC is toying with Nigerians. This study permit that takes months to process in Nigeria, took me 20 days.

Applied on the 20th of July and got ppr on the 11th of August. Just normal application.

Also, the list of documents they make people provide is absolutely ridiculous. ( I don’t know if they are the ones who actually request for most of them sha o, cos me no know wetin land document and personal assets dey do inside visa application. What the hell do they need ones birth certificate, Waec result, Nysc certificate and all the gbogboe for?)

When I submitted my application, I gave them just what they requested. I didn’t even have a letter of intent. I only sent a letter of intent via web form after I kept seeing people posting about it in online forums. The LOI never got uploaded to my profile.

Abeg IRCC, is just Orishirishi! Also, is it possible we are overdoing it with the excessive provision of supporting documents?

P.S I didn’t need a medical exam, and I already had my biometrics from a previous TRV application.

Please where did you apply from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abbyfred: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=ohis30 post=105115331]Hello Abbyfred,
visit qlife's website. I am 100% sure that the payment is online and all useful information can be found on their website.

All the best.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bertram87: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2021
shupy:

Your assessment note and eligibility status remains empty. However, I think it's all looking good. There might have been an intent to request for medical exam but you did it upfront, and for that reason, you never actually got the medical request.

Good morning…….

Thank you @Shupy for your input I appreciate it.

Exactly my thoughts that if I haven’t done my medical upfront, there is a likelihood that they would have requested for it according to what came out of my gcms notes.
I forgot to add this, on my notes, page 26 to 47 was withheld.

Well, Keeping my fingers crossed knowing fully well that what God cannot do does not exist..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foladimejiw: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2021
January ahhh
IRCC biko
April 25th here

7 months today....IRCC una well done o.
#January24th applicant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 8:21am On Aug 24, 2021
Elixosodi:

I was told to start classes online and pay later on if I eventually get a ppr how possible is that?

Which school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2021
I still dey Lagos dey expect visa. April 8 applicant.

ohis30:
where in Quebec are you?

I am in Montreal. McGill University Student...

let's link up

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elixosodi(f): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2021
shupy:

It's a good offer. Start online.

It wasn't the school that suggested that, someone else told me so. However I have sent an email to ask the school of they could give me extension b4 making payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elixosodi(f): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2021
Amicableoga:

Which school?

Saint Paul University Ottawa. The schools didn't suggest the above to me. Someone else did. However I have asked the school if they could give me extension.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2021
ManLikeMace:
I’ve been following this tread since 2014 when I got admitted to university of Regina but couldn’t afford to apply for a visa. Fast forward a couple years and I finally applied in 2017 and got rejected. I applied as a sponsored person and I did the same again in 2020 and still got rejected even after doing everything I thought would make me get it. I submitted everything I’ve learnt from this forum and submitted an account statement with over N70m in transactions and a fixed deposit of about $55k CAD just kept aside for school for over 6 months but I still got rejected. I showed how I make my money and submitted all my invoices and CAC documents and my rejection was just silly when I got my GCMS notes. So I went for judicial review and they wanted a settlement so I agreed and I re-submitted those documents on the 4th of April 2021. It’s about 2 weeks to resumption and I haven’t heard anything. If you actually calculate the time from my application last year and the whole judicial review process it’s a year and one month already. I’m not writing this to discourage anybody but just to let you all know that this thing is a game of luck. So many people that apply and get rejected are over qualified and since it’s a game, the more you play the better your chances of winning. Also keep doing other things while you wait for them because the wait can be unnecessarily long. Lastly, remember that Gods time is best and there is a reason for everything. As much as I’d have loved to travel the first time I applied, I know God kept me here for a reason and every time I get rejected and think it’s a huge disappointment, I get blessed one way or the other. Keep trying and don’t loose hope but don’t let any decision be seen as negative to you. Remember this thing is a game of luck. Your next trial might just be your lucky one. Get all your documents right and try again if you’ve been denied, yes I know it’s hard and a long wait but in this life you should never give up. I have applied to another school in for the January start date just to prepare for any decision that isn’t an approval. I have also written my IELTS and I’m keeping some money in a foreign account just to make the application process smoother. I’m not making plans for failure, I’m just making sure I’m ready for whatever the same way I have ticket prices in my sight. Don’t give up, having a foot outside this country is worth investing time and money into. Have an amazing evening guys!
*please ignore any typos, I no sabi English like that*

Smile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zocken: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2021
Testimonytime:

I am in Selkirk, started online already . Still waiting for PPR
Nice. Your PPR will come in Jesus name. How can we link up? I need some information from you. Will send you a mail. Please do well to reply
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mayordeb: 8:46am On Aug 24, 2021
I just received a refusal mail today.
Submitted on May 2nd, a first time applicant

I was told some of my documents lacked authenticity.

Please what next can I do before reapplying because all my documents were genuine and I've also had a lot of trave history to the US, UK and Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2021
badmanjo:
Omo after 5 painful months, eligibility review just started tonight ooo. Abeg make una dey pray for me!!!!!!

PPR coming

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2021
brunosucre:
First time posting on this thread. IRCC is toying with Nigerians. This study permit that takes months to process in Nigeria, took me 20 days.

Applied on the 20th of July and got ppr on the 11th of August. Just normal application.

Also, the list of documents they make people provide is absolutely ridiculous. ( I don’t know if they are the ones who actually request for most of them sha o, cos me no know wetin land document and personal assets dey do inside visa application. What the hell do they need ones birth certificate, Waec result, Nysc certificate and all the gbogboe for?)

When I submitted my application, I gave them just what they requested. I didn’t even have a letter of intent. I only sent a letter of intent via web form after I kept seeing people posting about it in online forums. The LOI never got uploaded to my profile.

Abeg IRCC, is just Orishirishi! Also, is it possible we are overdoing it with the excessive provision of supporting documents?

P.S I didn’t need a medical exam, and I already had my biometrics from a previous TRV application.

Keeping it simple is the best. I don't know why people upload other documents like transcript, waec where they suppose upload only admission letter.

We are really overdoing it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Mayordeb:

Please what next can I do before reapplying because all my documents were genuine and I've also had a lot of trave history to the US, UK and Ireland.

What documents did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2021
my Advice to everyone, if u can present 1 year MBS of either u or ur sponsor and can adequately explain lump sum with evidence or totally avoid it,never I repeat never do GIC.I have been on it 4 3 weeks now.u can imagine I have not applied for 3 weeks now because of GIC certificate. its painful and someone advised me not to send them annoying mail or else they will just wire my money back with some deductions. am so angry this morning. if na IRCC, I will understand but this CIBC is annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2021
Mayordeb:

only your GCM will tell you what documents u submitted that was not verified .please apply 4 it.but did u cross check all ur documents ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2021
Chipo14:

I got the correspondence letter yesterday and wanted to rush to post it only to see people getting correspondence letters and still getting refused. So I calmed down to see the final decision.

I got the mail exactly 6:22 am and I froze. It came with mixed feelings because my school has withdraw me from the program and my tuition deposit of $2000 cad forfeited. It would have been refunded if I got refused.

Congrats it will go round
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2021
Wow... I hope this is not exactly true and there are some explanation that can clarify their concern(s). What document do you think it could be in your heart of hearts? Order your GCMS note sha. May it be well.

Mayordeb:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2021
Abbyfred:
Please anyone with information on the procedure on how to book for medicals with Qlife.is it online or in person.Please i need help i want to book for my medicals.

Thanks
online.just Google qlife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations Chipo14. Thank God it ended in praise. So happy for you.
If only every long wait ends in praise...

Chipo14:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2021
Amicableoga:

Keeping it simple is the best. I don't know why people upload other documents like transcript, waec where they suppose upload only admission letter.

We are really overdoing it.
my dear ,Nigerian passport does not have any value anymore.some ppl get Visa easily while 4 others, it's tough but submitting all those documents has no disadvantage. some ppl even got ppr without uploading anything on client info or filling TRV form cos its optional. but it's on very rare cases probably like urs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2021
please can I apply using the telex copy of my GIC while sending the GIC letter or certificate through webform when it finally comes?.

also can I book for Biometrics even though I have not submitted and how long can I do my biometrics after submission?.is it immediately ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2021
I be April 8 and they haven't' even updated anything on eligibility. I applied for GCMS notes on July 5, till now, he never show.

Bushboy009:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2021
Oh! my! God!
I’m in utter disbelief !!!!
Thank you so much, I’m still shaking reading your message. Someone just told me and I took the next availability bike to nairaland because it’s not April else I would have dismissed it as April fool.

God bless, protect and reward you immensely and may your pocket continually over flow with abundance.

You are the best Joseph and may you always find help when you need it.

Will reach out to either and let you know.

Kind Regards !

JosephYemsol:

I'm rooting for you. Please contact justmellow and/or frankrobbn.. I believe they will assist you as they've had lots of testimonies on similar rejection cases.

Your words touched me...
If you don't mind, contact me. I'm willing to pay for the charges of whosoever (justmellow/frankrobbn) you have chosen to assist u in your reapplication. This is my little way of support

In all you do, please don't give up

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations.... But really, this doesn't make any sense at all. Is it your fault that a decision wasn't made on time. It's like this schools are indirectly extorting students money. I wish there's a legal action you
an take on this seriously. Very painful.
Chipo14:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Bushboy009:
26th April applicant, I saw my own eligibility started today too and I sent a mail to my school for deferment. It is well ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.