Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Mobi22:

Wait ooo it’s Deomanuel
Omo hes really a nice guy
I could only reach him on Facebook

Egobaba we can’t wait to have you back grin

You can help send any amount to him
He got robbed, he lost his phone in the process
First bank
David Emmanuel
Your 1k would go a long way

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bluebird13: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
It's just better for me that way
Jeff5gold:

Why middle of August??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Donmusco: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
Thanks for your response. So the additional POF would be minus the amount in the GIC yes. Or the 30,000 needs to still be in MBS

impeccablerose:

GIC is not requirement for NSE or any part of the application. People just use it to strengthen their POF since it shows your living expenses is already in Canada in form of the GIC. You'll still need to provide additional POF through your bank statement, assets e.t.c.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
@lekiboboe
@justmellow
@frank

Lianna2020:
Please I need advice from experts.
My foundation class starts July 5 online.
Is it advisable to go to Canada this June .
I don’t intend to stay more that two weeks .
I just want to get my permit and come back to continue online .
Hope there won’t be any problem .
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uwosom: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hello, please do I have to attach my personal bank statement even if I am not working? I am being sponsored by my parents and there is no plenty money in the account. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elawnugo: 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Congrats am so happy for you

Esmeob:
LONG POST ALERT!!

It has finally ended in praise!!!

My brother's timeline

Program: Master of Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Bachelor's degree: Systems Engineering
PS: He graduated with a second class lower (2.54/5)... God did it oo

APPLICATION TIMELINE
Submitted---------------------------March 10, 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter------- March 11
Biometrics Completed--------------- March 15
Upfront Medicals----------------------March 22
Medicals Updated to pass----------- April 12
Eligibility review started---------------April 12
Ordered GCMS notes-----------------------May 22
Submitted new MBS------------------------June 4
BVL------------------------------------------------- June 7
PPR------------------------------------------------- June 7

Side story
He initially submitted one MBS and a fixed deposit certificate from a different bank. So he submitted new MBS for both banks when the fixed deposit matured on June 4. He also submitted bank statement from a different bank which was not initially part of his application because he was afraid that from the time he submitted, exchange rate had increased. So in the LOE he submitted along with the MBS and bank statement, he explained that his sponsor had made extra funds available.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
- International Passport ( No travel history)
-Digital Photo ( He submitted a regular picture not the correct specification... Lol)
-All IMM forms
-Letter of Acceptance

Client Information
-Statement of Purpose
- Pictures featuring in university exhibition
-Bachelor's degree certificate
-Product Management certificate
-Project Management certificate
-Waec Statement of result
-IELTS result
-NYSC Employment Letter
-NYSC Certificate
-Employment Contract
-Salary Raise Letter
-Company Recommendation Letter
-Picture of Himself and colleagues
-Resume
-Police Character certificate
-NIN slip
-Family members' identification
-Family land documents
-Family pictures

Proof of Fund Section (Sponsor-Dad)
-Sponsorship letter
-Affidavit of sponsorship
-International Passport of sponsor
-Photographs with parents
-Sponsor's previous employment documents
-Fixed Deposit certificate (10M)
-Letter of confirmation of fixed deposit
-MBS for a different bank (10M)
-Regular Statement of account for both banks
-RSA statement of account
-Pension Registration certificate
-His personal account statements and pay slips for the last 3 months.

NOTE
-He did not submit his undergrad transcripts with his application because he felt it might not work in his favor.
-He did not submit his birth certificate because the middle name on his birth certificate is different from the middle name on his international passport and other documents.
-He did not get any ghost updates.
- He only paid the required tuition deposit to get his LOA. He did not pay tuition for a semester or the full year.

For everyone waiting (myself included)... It will end in praise for all of us!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elawnugo: 3:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Congrats

NEYOT88:
This is God's grace for me and my family
Here is my timeline
Application submitted with upfront Medical- 25th Jan
Medical updated to pass - 28th Jan
Note: I applied with my family
Ordered Gcms on 8th April
Gcms arrived on 7th May, I saw the concerns raised and I addressed them immediately.
Got a response that our file is in China.
Send another email and I got a mail that file is now in Nairobi.
Yesterday, I wrote another mail to Nairobi
To the Glory of God PPR dropped for all of us this morning.
My wife is the principal applicant
I apply for OWP
Our child a visitor visa.
This is just the Grace of God
2 years Diploma program at NBCC.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
This is great news.. September 2021...Hv you gotten your study permit yet? Pls let’s connect..

Olaa123:

Hi Fejiro,
What intake are you for?
Also resuming in Fall at the School of Fashion in Seneca. Newnham Campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by impeccablerose: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
It's best to show availability of the 30,000 and more, if available.

Donmusco:
Thanks for your response. So the additional POF would be minus the amount in the GIC yes. Or the 30,000 needs to still be in MBS

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Esmeob:
My brother just got his PPR oooo!!!!

God did it... Will share timeline soon.

March people our chapter has opened o.

Hello Esmeob,

Congratulations to him. I hope for you to be next.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
NEYOT88:
PPR just landed
Glory be to God

Hello NEYOT88,

That excitement... Big Congratulations.

Prosper!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
For the sake of peace , I'll let this slide. I forgive you and hope your app gets approved too. Be good.

shupy:
@Oreoluwamipo hopefully your application is approved. Make sure you do not miss any orientation program. Canadian society have low tolerance for nuisance. This discussion is over from this end.
And by the way, you've actually been following me long before all this. I'm not happy you excluded me from the list of those you are thankful for cry cry cry cry

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
Kunfu:
Hey guys, Can a travel history be an advantage in considering Canada study visa approval? And the travel history of the sponsor

Hello Kunfu,

To a certain extent, it places the application at an advantage but does not in any way influence the determination process or in reaching a decision. Whether or not an applicant is well-traveled, the study intent must be well justified.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fredickleo: 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
atiteb4:
and I was talking about second class lower

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
maangel01:
Hey guys, a quick one...

For the NSE route, is there any requirement that the IELTS result must not be more than 2 years?

Cos I haven't seen this on the website.

Mine is 2 years old now, I don't know whether it will still be tenable when I'm ready to apply this year.

Hello Maangel01,

Retake the test.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
@Lianna2020, I love how you have been of help in this group. Lets connect.

Lianna2020:
@lekiboboe
@justmellow
@frank

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Uwosom:
Hello, please do I have to attach my personal bank statement even if I am not working? I am being sponsored by my parents and there is no plenty money in the account. Thanks

Good day @Uwosom

If you are being sponsored there is no need to include your bank statement just your sponsors own would suffice....

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Big thanks.
Pls from Obalende or CMS, how do I get to QLife?

Olaa123:

From Obalende, take a bus to Lekki/Ajah. Alight at Ikate busstop. Then cross to the other side. Walk in and ask those bike men to direct you to vfs global or manor hall. A 2 minutes walk.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Afobear: 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
So it's possible to gain an admission with a 2.2 in Canada !!!! Oya , where them affordable universities at let me send in applications with my money and 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Anyone going to memorial and need a room mate in the student residence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Afobear: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Anyone with a political science bsc here ? Which masters program or post graduate do you think I should apply for with 2.2 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
ifeoluwadayofun:
Big thanks.

Good day @ifeoluwadayofun

From Obalende or cms enter lekki alight at sand-field bus stop or oriental hotel you would see bikers give them the address and they would take you straight to qlife.

Hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
fejiromich:
This is great news.. September 2021...Hv you gotten your study permit yet? Pls let’s connect..

I'll send a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
Khamon:
hey guys, please i need your urgent reply. i got admission for may intake which is spring but due to visa delays, i deferred my admission, i got a letter from the school today that September batch is already filled up and they gave me a new admission for winter which is january. i want to know if it will affect my visa or further delay it and also, if i get the visa now, can i travel with it or i will have to wait till January before i can travel.

Hello Khamon,

It won't impact the outcome of your application. If approved, December should be the most appropriate time to travel.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
ifeoluwadayofun:
Big thanks.

From Obalende, take a bus going to Eko Hotel. Alight at the last bus stop. From there, you can take a bike going to Sinari Daranijo (I don't know if this spelling is correct). From Sinari Daranijo, locate Prince Odedina Street, it is Off Sinari Daranijo. Qlife is 155A on Prince Odedina Street.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
theForth:

No vex, where can they be found?

Hello TheForth,

Ask around within your locality. The best way, approach a law chamber for a referral.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
theForth:
I'll be heading to my school to get a letter of recommendation, my aunt fixed me up with some professors.

Are they the ones to send the letters directly to the school I am applying to or I'll do that myself?

@justMellow

It should be sent directly from them. Better yet, you should do as your prospect DLI has instructed. What did they advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
Afobear:
Anyone with a political science bsc here ? Which masters program or post graduate do you think I should apply for with 2.2 ?
I studied pol sci too, but ve job experience in human resource management so i applied for hrm. 2:2 in political science will be difficult to gain admission for masters if not impossible, you can consider public administration. As a political science student you should be able to relate political science with public administration. I am sure you also did some public administration courses in under graduate. You can just apply for post guaduate certificate in pub admin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Backcheck:
Longgg post alert!!

Guyyss!!!!!!! Its has happened oo!!!! God!! I am shaking.

Ppr!!! With this joy can I go to work? Before I dash person my phone.

Time line ( I have been jotting this down cus, On God I really expected to get this )

Submitted - march 6
Biometric - march 7
Completed biometric -march 9
Background - march 9
Eligibility -march 12
1st Ghost update - march 17
2nd - march 30
Medical passed - April 12
3rd - ghost April 19
4th - ghost April 20

June 3 - Requested GCMS

June 8 - PPR

(Yes I was jobless, so checking my application was full time job)

Then radio silence, I sent a couple of mails and got the usual response, May 1, I got my first Job, this help me divert my attention from the dely.

Yesterday someone posted they got ppr with my same timeline and I knew omo!! March applications are getting reviewed already. Decided to wake early to refresh and viola! 2 mails.

I wish to share my application package cus I really put in mush effort, Alot of documents and I really arranged well me self know.

Shoutout:

Special shout out to Guru Frankroben he read my SOP, and made comments, I effected the changes based on his comments and when I read the sop again, me self sabi say I it must click ( he is always busy, so you must disturb him grin like you will disturb ircc)
Also, shout out to lekibobo; great guy!! My first contact, gave my SOP a face.

Big shout out to Deomanuel; this guy is a brother! Help me like he owed me. Sent series of VNs, calls, and was ever ready to help. (Unfortunately I cant get hold of him for like a month now) he isn’t here and his whatsapp hasn’t be online sad

Special thanks big special thanks to those who their pprs got delayed and still shared their GCMS here to allow us see reasons and thanks to those that brought solutions to tackle them. It helped alot.

Lastly special thanks to dommakavelli for your SOP guideline, saved the screenshot since last year!

Below are the documents I submitted for my client info

Congratulations!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Afobear:
So it's possible to gain an admission with a 2.2 in Canada !!!! Oya , where them affordable universities at let me send in applications with my money and 2.2

YES... ALL COLLEGES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Afobear: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
RELAN2446:

I studied pol sci too, but ve job experience in human resource management so i applied for hrm. 2:2 in political science will be difficult to gain admission for masters if not impossible, you can consider public administration. As a political science student you should be able to relate political science with public administration. I am sure you also did some public administration courses in under graduate. You can just apply for post guaduate certificate in pub admin.

Cool ... Actually looked at Human resources management at nbcc, nscc and college of New Caledonia. My bsc actually is government and public administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Silas12345:
So sad I got my refusal letter today.... Since February 3 I applied

So sorry about this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57