Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (698435 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
Please I need advice from experts.
My foundation class starts July 5 online.
Is it advisable to go to Canada this June .
I don’t intend to stay more that two weeks .
I just want to get my permit and come back to continue online .
Hope there won’t be any problem .
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
Wow you guys are so sweet! kindness for strangers! God bless you both.

Olaa123:

Sent my chicken change also.
Literally cannot wait to have him back here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silas12345: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
So sad I got my refusal letter today.... Since February 3 I applied

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cfine2021: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hello Gurus in the House. A friend in considering a PGD in Business Admin in any of the following colleges; Fleming, Georgian, Humber and Centennial. If you have encountered any of the colleges, kindly advise on the best option. Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
sorry about this delay...have you ordered your gcms note? If no, pls order because this is a generic reason, the notes will let you what exactly went wrong!

Silas12345:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Silas12345:
I'm sorry man. I'm sure you already know what to do next. So many people do not get it the first time. It's just a delay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by impeccablerose: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Donmusco:
Thank you.

Just to confirm, GIC is accepted for NSE right?

GIC is not requirement for NSE or any part of the application. People just use it to strengthen their POF since it shows your living expenses is already in Canada in form of the GIC. You'll still need to provide additional POF through your bank statement, assets e.t.c.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
I don't want to quote your most recent post, you forgot to blur out your UCI #, you should do that as it is private information.

Silas12345:
yes but I ignored it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ibukun2000:
Good day
Pls any one travelling on 14th of july shld msg me

I’m traveling the next week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Pls and pls I need IRCC email address, my Application is over tay since last year October 15 2020

Omo....try mail Abuja and Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Please help

Lianna2020:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
skull4eva:

Congratulations!!!! On ur admission.
Which school in montreal? For which term? For which program?
About applying for CAQ it is a straight forward process that takes around 3weeks to a month before it is issued. You will pay a fee of around 115Cad around 45k naira sha. And u will send ur supporting documents as request by the CAQ checklist through Arima. You can just go through this link to apply http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html
I will be travelling to McGill University montreal in mid july to start my program in Fall sept 1st to be precise

Concordia University Montreal, is there a way for us to contact each other I am new here and it seems I will be needing a lot of tips from people like you thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Askin4somtin: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Someone should help respond to this please

Askin4somtin:
Good day gurus in the house. Weldone for helping out. Please I need advice here cos I'm confused on this one.

Someone graduated from secondary school since 2015 and has been running her undergraduate studies since same year in a state owned university. She has since written her final exams and is through with all the paper work in school but due to some internal and external crises in the school her results are yet to be released.

She wanted to apply for a master's program but no BSc result yet. So she wants to try an undergraduate program.

Now the dilemma...
1. Considering that she has left secondary school since 2015 (about 6 years ago) will she be deemed eligible for a study permit even if she gets an admission for an undergraduate degree?

2. Will it not be red flags that she has been idle for over 6 years?

3. Is there an exam she should write before securing admission or study permit?
She said she looked through some university website and it wasn't expressly stated whether she can apply with Nigeria SSCE or not.

4. Please help with university(ies) that she can apply to if she is eligible considering the issues I raised above.
She wanna study BSc Biology.

God's favour on all applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Silas12345: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teenie19:
I don't want to quote your most recent post, you forgot to blur out your UCI #, you should do that as it is private information.

where please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Cfine2021:
Hello Gurus in the House. A friend in considering a PGD in Business Admin in any of the following colleges; Fleming, Georgian, Humber and Centennial. If you have encountered any of the colleges, kindly advise on the best option. Regards
Let me narrow it down to humber and centennial

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

@ManlikeB, Congratulations on your admission. Which school in Montreal?

This one you're sounding like you just got to know Montreal is in Québec (a French speaking province), did you apply for the admission yourself or someone helped you apply?

CAQ is no big deal. It requires minimal documentation and you'll have to pay the fees of $ CAD115. Turnaround time to get it is 1 month or less.

By the way, I'll be going to Québec too come September. I'm done with my application and waiting for approval, fingers crossed.
The school is Concordia University, is there a way we can stay in contact because it seems I will be needing more tips from you. I applied to all 4 universities myself Concordia was indeed just the last and it was recommended by someone I never had time to check it out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
I don't see any reason for concern. Perhaps you should also reach out to your school. I don't see any issue with your plan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
I'm so sorry , please order your gcms note asap .. Make sure you don't over think please , its just a little delay .. Sending you cyber hugs and the best in your next application.

Silas12345:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
For sure, it will be a red flag because IRCC will need details of what she was doing for those 7 years.

WAEC is what is needed to secure a bachelors admission. Let the gurus also weigh in on this. Cheers.

Askin4somtin:
Someone should help respond to this please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

@ManlikeB, Congratulations on your admission. Which school in Montreal?

This one you're sounding like you just got to know Montreal is in Québec (a French speaking province), did you apply for the admission yourself or someone helped you apply?

CAQ is no big deal. It requires minimal documentation and you'll have to pay the fees of $ CAD115. Turnaround time to get it is 1 month or less.

By the way, I'll be going to Québec too come September. I'm done with my application and waiting for approval, fingers crossed.

Congratulations In advance I pray it all works out for you, please I will need to keep in contact with you how do I do that I am still née in this platform thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
it's good now

Silas12345:
where please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Backcheck:
Longgg post alert!!

Guyyss!!!!!!! Its has happened oo!!!! God!! I am shaking.

Ppr!!! With this joy can I go to work? Before I dash person my phone.

Time line ( I have been jotting this down cus, On God I really expected to get this )

Submitted - march 6
Biometric - march 7
Completed biometric -march 9
Background - march 9
Eligibility -march 12
1st Ghost update - march 17
2nd - march 30
Medical passed - April 12
3rd - ghost April 19
4th - ghost April 20

June 3 - Requested GCMS

June 8 - PPR

(Yes I was jobless, so checking my application was full time job)

Then radio silence, I sent a couple of mails and got the usual response, May 1, I got my first Job, this help me divert my attention from the dely.

Yesterday someone posted they got ppr with my same timeline and I knew omo!! March applications are getting reviewed already. Decided to wake early to refresh and viola! 2 mails.

I wish to share my application package cus I really put in mush effort, Alot of documents and I really arranged well me self know.

Shoutout:

Special shout out to Guru Frankroben he read my SOP, and made comments, I effected the changes based on his comments and when I read the sop again, me self sabi say I it must click ( he is always busy, so you must disturb him grin like you will disturb ircc)
Also, shout out to lekibobo; great guy!! My first contact, gave my SOP a face.

Big shout out to Deomanuel; this guy is a brother! Help me like he owed me. Sent series of VNs, calls, and was ever ready to help. (Unfortunately I cant get hold of him for like a month now) he isn’t here and his whatsapp hasn’t be online sad

Special thanks big special thanks to those who their pprs got delayed and still shared their GCMS here to allow us see reasons and thanks to those that brought solutions to tackle them. It helped alot.

Lastly special thanks to dommakavelli for your SOP guideline, saved the screenshot since last year!

Below are the documents I submitted for my client info

Congrats bro, i will testify here also, DEOMANUEL is a GEM he is God sent, i have not been able to reach out to him also for over a months now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
ManLikeB:

Congratulations In advance I pray it all works out for you, please I will need to keep in contact with you how do I do that I am still née in this platform thanks
I just replied your PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Winner0718:

Congrats bro, i will testify here also, DEOMANUEL is a GEM he is God sent, i have not been able to reach out to him also for over a months now.

You can scroll up to read my post
But yeah, he got robbed so he lost his phone in the process
He misses you guys on nairaland as well
You can help send any amount to him to help him get a new phone
His account number is
First Bank
Name: David Emmanuel
Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bluebird13: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
So close! My flight is for the 13th
Royalty95:
Hello everyone

It seems that this 3 days quarantine in a govt owned hotel isn't ending anytime soon oo. Eehhh God

Please who is travelling Canada via Toronto for the fall section on the 11th of august and will want a quarantine partner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
why not do the foundation class here in naija and travel later? Or why not travel to Canada and stay till after Studies? How long is the foundation class? Hopefully others will give you a better reply. Abeg pray for we wey never get visa o, make we join u oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
olabisi6438:

is. tuition deposit enough or he has to pay full tuition
The truth is that. There is no one rule to this thing. tuition deposit can fly, but I think it’s only logical that full tuition payment shows more seriousness and commitment. That way the vo will have less concern about availability of the funds to you. Just make sure it’s refundable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lamideyy:

You can scroll up to read my post
But yeah, he got robbed so he lost his phone in the process
He misses you guys on nairaland as well
You can help send any amount to him to help him get a new phone
His account number is
First Bank
Name: David Emmanuel
Thanks!

It's quite ironic that those who go the distance just to help other people never get enough compensation for their effort. He is a classic example of someone who sacrificed his time and knowledge to help others, but was never compensated one way or the other. Hardly anyone checked up on him to know how he was doing.

The fact that he couldn't get a phone in a long while shows that he's had quite an experience in a while, and this reality simply makes me philosophize some more.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
fejiromich:
Richard Robinson is not a college or university oh.. I think it’s a private fashion academy... and I doubt you can get post work permit when you are done..

I will advice you go with some of the schools he mentioned up there.,. And because of the back and forth with submitting and reviewing portfolio (this can take awhile) you can apply for a fashion business or mgt course...

I got admission to Seneca college within 2 weeks of submitting application (fashion business mgt)

Hi Fejiro,
What intake are you for?
Also resuming in Fall at the School of Fashion in Seneca. Newnham Campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Silas12345:

DO NOT GIVE UP!
Please fire back!
This country isn't worth it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Winner0718:

Wait ooo it’s Deomanuel
Omo hes really a nice guy
I could only reach him on Facebook

Egobaba we can’t wait to have you back grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Mobi22:

Wait ooo it’s Deomanuel
Omo hes really a nice guy
I could only reach him on Facebook

Egobaba we can’t wait to have you back grin

He is ooo...I just hope people come through for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.