Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (703162 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Afobear: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Anon123:

YES... ALL COLLEGES
. I meant for masters and that's affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Please fam, does this mean my background checks have started?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmeob: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Esmeob,

Congratulations to him. I hope for you to be next.

Best of Luck

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
You travelled?
NwanyiOkpa:
Anyone going to memorial and need a room mate in the student residence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Yes it has

Oreoluwamipo:
Please fam, does this mean my background checks have started?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hello Afobear , do you have work experience in HRM ? If not , why not go for PGC or PGD in Pub Admin ? due to your 2:2 grade.

Afobear:

Cool ... Actually looked at Human resources management at nbcc, nscc and college of New Caledonia. My bsc actually is government and public administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Askin4somtin: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teenie19:
For sure, it will be a red flag because IRCC will need details of what she was doing for those 7 years.

WAEC is what is needed to secure a bachelors admission. Let the gurus also weigh in on this. Cheers.

Many thanks Teenie19. More responses needed please.

Good day gurus in the house. Weldone for helping out. Please I need advice here cos I'm confused on this one.

Someone graduated from secondary school since 2015 and has been running her undergraduate studies since same year in a state owned university. She has since written her final exams and is through with all the paper work in school but due to some internal and external crises in the school her results are yet to be released.

She wanted to apply for a master's program but no BSc result yet. So she wants to try an undergraduate program.

Now the dilemma...
1. Considering that she has left secondary school since 2015 (about 6 years ago) will she be deemed eligible for a study permit even if she gets an admission for an undergraduate degree?

2. Will it not be red flags that she has been idle for over 6 years?

3. Is there an exam she should write before securing admission or study permit?
She said she looked through some university website and it wasn't expressly stated whether she can apply with Nigeria SSCE or not.

4. Please help with university(ies) that she can apply to if she is eligible considering the issues I raised above.
She wanna study BSc Biology.

God's favour on all applications.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Okay grin
Sapte:
@Lianna2020, I love how you have been of help in this group. Lets connect.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2021
@justmellow

Help na lipsrsealed
Lianna2020:
Please I need advice from experts.
My foundation class starts July 5 online.
Is it advisable to go to Canada this June .
I don’t intend to stay more that two weeks .
I just want to get my permit and come back to continue online .
Hope there won’t be any problem .
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
I’m waiting for your timeline and goodnews cheesy wink cheesy

Amen

atiteb4:
why not do the foundation class here in naija and travel later? Or why not travel to Canada and stay till after Studies? How long is the foundation class? Hopefully others will give you a better reply. Abeg pray for we wey never get visa o, make we join u oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
shupy:
Just because some people and very few in numbers were able to get study permit in a difficult circumstance such as going for a program that's of a lower academic level or applying with ones family, don't mean that's the way to go. With every 1 applicant that gets approval in such similar situation, hundreds more are denied. One could submit a perfect application with a flawless SOP and still be denied on grounds that there's no academic progression. Most VOs will look for the slightest reason to deny one an approval, and with a Nigerian passport, the odds are already against us.

I must also add that in this forum, we have seen an applicant get study permit without providing any bank statement or GIC certificate. It was a sponsorship letter from his workplace he provided as proof. That doesn't mean it's advisable to do what he did. Disapproving something or saying something is a red flag doesn't mean one is being mean. We're just being realistic. My application was rejected for going for a program of a lower academic level despite providing a flawless explanation, tho it was Australia, the same rule applies to Canada. I don't care if 1 or 2 applicants have been able to get approval in such situation. The fact is, it is not advisable to do certain things.
@Oreoluwamipo I'm sorry things got out hands. I was going to this earlier but you beat me to it. You are the bigger person.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome Chief.

At this period, many Graduate Positions in Canadian Universities for Fall 2021 intake are 75% closed, only advertised Graduate positions by some Professors are still available but very competitive and not advisable to go for, cos if you are accepted, due to the Canadian Study Visa Processing time for Nigerians its very likely you not be able to meet up with resumption for FALL 2021.

That been said, try to Focus your attention on Fall 2022 intake , & start cold mailing them by July 2021 upward, Professors do respond well to cold mail during that period. January 15 of every year is the deadline some Canadian & U.S Universities give out Fully-funded Graduate offers for Qualified Candidates.

I would post Some some result-oriented COLD MAIL SAMPLES for Prospective Graduate Students tomorrow here on the platform. You can use it to revamp your initial cold mails

Good day sir, still waiting for Cold mail samples when you have the time to send. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
Please I need advice from experts.
My foundation class starts July 5 online.
Is it advisable to go to Canada this June .
I don’t intend to stay more that two weeks .
I just want to get my permit and come back to continue online .
Hope there won’t be any problem .
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated

Hello Lianna2020,

As per the travel instructions issued by the GoC as a measure to slow down COVID-19 states that, a person traveling to Canada must be planning to stay and not leave otherwise, re-entry is not guaranteed.

The GoC has advised its citizens not to travel and the same goes for travelers intending to come to Canada for discretionary purposes.

In my opinion, take the foundational-level courses online from abroad while you prepare ahead for the planned resumption.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
I’m waiting for your timeline and goodnews cheesy wink cheesy

Amen

In Sha Allah... Thanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Afobear: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Hello Afobear , do you have work experience in HRM ? If not , why not go for PGC or PGD in Pub Admin ? due to your 2:2 grade.

I don't have experience in Hrm ... My work experience was as an assistant administrative officer . I hate public administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Thank you

JustMellow:

Hello Lianna2020,

As per the travel instructions issued by the GoC as a measure to slow down COVID-19 states that, a person traveling to Canada must be planning to stay and not leave otherwise, re-entry is not guaranteed.

The GoC has advised its citizens not to travel and the same goes for travelers intending to come to Canada for discretionary purposes.

In my opinion, take the foundational-level courses online from abroad while you prepare ahead for the planned resumption.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
smiley smiley

shupy:

I must also add that in this forum, we have seen an applicant get study permit without providing any bank statement or GIC certificate. It was a sponsorship letter from his workplace he provided as proof. That doesn't mean it's advisable to do what he did. Disapproving something or saying something is a red flag doesn't mean one is being mean. We're just being realistic. My application was rejected for going for a program of a lower academic level despite providing a flawless explanation, tho it was Australia, the same rule applies to Canada. I don't care if 1 or 2 applicants have been able to get approval in such situation. The fact is, it is not advisable to do certain things.
@Oreoluwamipo I'm sorry things got out hands. I was going to this earlier but you beat me to it. You are the bigger person.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
M.Sc. and Ph.D. graduate student opportunities at Trent University, Peterborough, ON. (please see the attached advert.)

The team: Aaron Shafer (Trent University) and Joe Northrup (OMNRF) based out of

Peterborough, Ontario are seeking graduate students (PhD and MSc) for a management

focused methylation study on large mammals.

The project: Successful applicants will leverage a newly developed methylation array to

build species-specific clocks and develop bio-markers linked to age and disease status.

Field work is a possibility.

Qualifications: Applicants must meet the requirements of the Environmental and Life

Sciences Graduate Program at TrentU and international students are welcomed to apply.

Please see: https://www.trentu.ca/els/

How to apply: Send cover letter (in email), CV, and contacts for two references to

aaronshafer@trentu.ca. Anticipated start date is flexible (Sept 2021, Jan 2022, May 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
CaddyT:
Hey everyone I'm new here so nice to meet you.
I submitted my application on May 15th and provided all the documents needed for NSE but my status is still showing "Submitted" and my eligibility has not started. II did an upfront medical on May 5th. I'd like to know if I should contact the visa office or not. If I should, how can I contact them.
CaddyT, we applied same day and I think our status isn't to be worried about yet. From what you posted, your medical is passed already, I believe our eligibility will start soon. It will certainly end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yes it has

I think everyone background checks starts immediately? Na the eligibility be the koko ba? Also I applied June 2 and haven't gotten NSE request. I submitted only MBS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
NEYOT88:
This is God's grace for me and my family
Here is my timeline
Application submitted with upfront Medical- 25th Jan
Medical updated to pass - 28th Jan
Note: I applied with my family
Ordered Gcms on 8th April
Gcms arrived on 7th May, I saw the concerns raised and I addressed them immediately.
Got a response that our file is in China.
Send another email and I got a mail that file is now in Nairobi.
Yesterday, I wrote another mail to Nairobi
To the Glory of God PPR dropped for all of us this morning.
My wife is the principal applicant
I apply for OWP
Our child a visitor visa.
This is just the Grace of God
2 years Diploma program at NBCC.

Congratulations! I thought someone said people who applied to NBCC struggle to get visa. I tap from your special grace in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johanneiyoha(f): 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
My candid advice is if you believe your application is properly packaged, Please go ahead and do upfront medical.

I want to submit my application soon as I want to go for upfront medical with IOM.
I HV been trying to book but it's difficult as I could not go through step 2.
Pls what is it dat am not doing right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lamideyy:

You can scroll up to read my post
But yeah, he got robbed so he lost his phone in the process
He misses you guys on nairaland as well
You can help send any amount to him to help him get a new phone
His account number is
First Bank
Name: David Emmanuel
Thanks!

I sent from the little change i have presently.

It will end with praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
shupy:

Sincerely I believe this Canada student visa stuff is by Luck and God. I have a BSC already but I applied for a post secondary diploma program not even a post graduate. I didn’t even explain too much on my LOE....God just helped me

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
atiteb4:
I think everyone background checks starts immediately? Na the eligibility be the koko ba? Also I applied June 2 and haven't gotten NSE request. I submitted only MBS

You are right ...I applied December 20 and background check was completed January 5th. That’s grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Backcheck:
Longgg post alert!!

Guyyss!!!!!!! Its has happened oo!!!! God!! I am shaking.

Ppr!!! With this joy can I go to work? Before I dash person my phone.

Time line ( I have been jotting this down cus, On God I really expected to get this )

Submitted - march 6
Biometric - march 7
Completed biometric -march 9
Background - march 9
Eligibility -march 12
1st Ghost update - march 17
2nd - march 30
Medical passed - April 12
3rd - ghost April 19
4th - ghost April 20

June 3 - Requested GCMS

June 8 - PPR

(Yes I was jobless, so checking my application was full time job)

Then radio silence, I sent a couple of mails and got the usual response, May 1, I got my first Job, this help me divert my attention from the dely.

Yesterday someone posted they got ppr with my same timeline and I knew omo!! March applications are getting reviewed already. Decided to wake early to refresh and viola! 2 mails.

I wish to share my application package cus I really put in mush effort, Alot of documents and I really arranged well me self know.

Shoutout:

Special shout out to Guru Frankroben he read my SOP, and made comments, I effected the changes based on his comments and when I read the sop again, me self sabi say I it must click ( he is always busy, so you must disturb him grin like you will disturb ircc)
Also, shout out to lekibobo; great guy!! My first contact, gave my SOP a face.

Big shout out to Deomanuel; this guy is a brother! Help me like he owed me. Sent series of VNs, calls, and was ever ready to help. (Unfortunately I cant get hold of him for like a month now) he isn’t here and his whatsapp hasn’t be online sad

Special thanks big special thanks to those who their pprs got delayed and still shared their GCMS here to allow us see reasons and thanks to those that brought solutions to tackle them. It helped alot.

Lastly special thanks to dommakavelli for your SOP guideline, saved the screenshot since last year!

Below are the documents I submitted for my client info

Is this guy encouraging others to disturb me? I hope not? shocked undecided

Regardless, I appreciate your kind words and I am glad that my expertise in handling complex immigration cases brought success to your application. I wish you all the best in Canada.

It will end in praise

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Olaa123:

From Obalende, take a bus going to Eko Hotel. Alight at the last bus stop. From there, you can take a bike going to Sinari Daranijo (I don't know if this spelling is correct). From Sinari Daranijo, locate Prince Odedina Street, it is Off Sinari Daranijo. Qlife is 155A on Prince Odedina Street.

Thanks ola for today. You were helpful.

As for Qlife. After stopping at Eko hotels, I used my Google map to walk down to Qlife. It was trekkable and then form of exercise. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Joyousgem: 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Pls and pls I need IRCC email address, my Application is over tay since last year October 15 2020

I sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Sincerely I believe this Canada student visa stuff is by Luck and God. I have a BSC already but I applied for a post secondary diploma program not even a post graduate. I didn’t even explain too much on my LOE....God just helped me

You're actually the one I was referring to in my post. The approval rate of Nigerian applicant as at 2019 was 44%. If there was another data showing the approval rate of those applying for a program below a degree they already hold, I'm very certain it would be way below 10%. You just happen to be among those 10%.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by darey360(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hello Bosses , Big respect for the amazing jobs everyone is doing on here . Fanshawe asked me to make a completion of my tuition fee before June 15 to book my sit for September. How is the best way I can pay that here in 9ja? It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ivydre:

Please who is Frank and how do I get in touch with him

I'm thy humble servant to command.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (676)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.