Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

"There Are No Igbos In The South South" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Are No Igbos In The South South" (5282 Views)

Are There No Igbos Born In Kano Or Gombe / Those Saying That There Are No Igbos In Edo State. See This. / Enough: There Are No Igbos In Akwaibom, Rivers,bayelsa And Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by donbachi(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Haha. This one you agree today, hope dey no put something for your tea.
i stand for the truth.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by rummmy: 10:42am On May 24, 2021
Eze2000:

Lol, didn't know that. Only knew of Ndoni LGA cos I go there at least once a year and it's normal igbo they speak there.
there is no ndoni LGA in Rivers State.....unless you are referring to OGBA/EGBEMA LGA...the confused people from Benin...
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by helinues: 10:44am On May 24, 2021
garfield1:

You are always harsh.what of the indigenous people of delta north and oyigbo in rivers? Are you saying yorubas in kwara or okun in kogi are just residents?

You may see it as harsh but that's just the blunt truth..

Enough of massaging some Igbo/Yoruba people's ego about this.

As long as Kwara state is still recognized as NC region in Nigeria law, those Yorubas living there are merely a resident in Kwara state... If they are proud of their Yorubaness, let them relocate to any of the SW states. The land was lost, end of discussion.

When Gowon, the evil genius dissolved the old Western and Eastern region, He deliberately caught out where the concentration of Igbos are in the new SS from the border line with SE states. If you look at it in extensions. Those are lost lands. End of discussion

Nobody is denying them of owing the lands , nobody is denying there are no indigenous Yorubas in Kwara, Indigenous Igbos in SS but the reality is, the place they now belong is no longer their region, it's someone's else.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2021
dared0637:
Well this is for the useless "we the South South" crew here's a picture posted by popular comedian Basket mouth on his Facebook (a South South boy) from Delta state, proudly representing his Igboness.

am from river's but that dosnt mean if you call me an igbo i will reject it..

or when i see an igbo trend i wont join

2 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Don't mind that guy but there are a majority of Igbos in Rivers state, Igbo LGAs includes Ikwerre, Emohua, Obio Akpor, Etche, omumma, Ahoada, ogba/egbema/ndoni, and Oyigbo.
All these LGAs make up up to 35-40% Rivers state's population

Ahoada west ain't igbo's one bit! my mum is from there and she ready to stab you knife if you refer her as one!. on the order my dad is from emohua and he has never for once deny his igbo ancenstry.

4 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Fejoku: 11:05am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

Ahoada west ain't igbo's one bit! my mum is from there and she ready to stab you knife if you refer her as one!. on the order my dad is from emohua and he has never for once deny his igbo ancenstry.
Most people don't know up to 30% of Rivers state yet they rush in just to comment and spite Igbos. Unfortunately, some SE Igbos don't know either and they make comments that can easily be misconstrued for something else.
Since you're from Emuoha LGA, can you tell us which spelling is the correct one for your area. Emohua or Emuoha then tell us its meaning.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by garfield1: 11:11am On May 24, 2021
helinues:

You may see it as harsh but that's just the blunt truth..

Enough of massaging some Igbo/Yoruba people's ego about this.

As long as Kwara state is still recognized as NC region in Nigeria law, those Yorubas living there are merely a resident in Kwara state... If they are proud of their Yorubaness, let them relocate to any of the SW states. The land was lost, end of discussion.

When Gowon, the evil genius dissolved the old Western and Eastern region, He deliberately caught out where the concentration of Igbos are in the new SS from the border line with SE states. If you look at it in extensions. Those are lost lands. End of discussion

Nobody is denying them of owing the lands , nobody is denying there are no indigenous Yorubas in Kwara, Indigenous Igbos in SS but the reality is, the place they now belong is no longer their region, it's someone's else.

I understand you now.igbo heartland is south east,any igbo outside there indigenous or not is in an exercise of self deception.same applies to the yorubas
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:11am On May 24, 2021
Fejoku:

Most people don't know up to 30% of Rivers state yet they rush in just to comment and spite Igbos. Unfortunately, some SE Igbos don't know either and they make comments that can easily be misconstrued for something else.
Since you're from Emuoha LGA, can you tell us which spelling is the correct one for your area. Emohua or Emuoha then tell us its meaning.
Emohua is our L.G.A and emohua/emuoha is a town in it..

1 Like

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Fejoku: 11:13am On May 24, 2021
Ahoada West and Ahoada East LGAs are occupied by at least two different people. The whole of Ahoada East is made up of only Ekpeyes (an Igboid group) with its headquarters being at Ahoada town while Ahoada West consists still of Ekpeyes and some Edoid and Ijoid groups whose headquaters is Akinima.
A good number of Ekpeyes are Igbophilic.

2 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Fejoku: 11:14am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

What does Emohua mean in the local dialect?
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2021
Fejoku:

What does Emohua mean in the local dialect?

what does owerre,awka,afipo,onicha,abkaleke,nsuka,aba mean in the your language ?
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2021
Fejoku:
Ahoada West and Ahoada East LGAs are occupied by at least two different people. The whole of Ahoada East is made up of only Ekpeyes (an Igboid group) with its headquarters being at Ahoada town while Ahoada West consists still of Ekpeyes and some Edoid and Ijoid groups whose headquaters is Akinima.
A good number of Ekpeyes are Igbophilic.

are you from rivers ?

truth to be said eh.. ahaoda west na edo dem be
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Afriifa(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

Ahoada west is dominated by Engenni Ijaws whom have strong ancestral links with the Edos. So how can one refer to an Engenni person as Igbo? The person wan die? Don't mind the Igbos.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2021
Afriifa:
Ahoada west is dominated by Engenni Ijaws whom have strong ancestral links with the Edos. So how can one refer to an Engenni person as Igbo? The person wan die? Don't mind the Igbos.

I tire bross o..

But my mumci too no wan here say she be edo grin that woman too like drama..

2 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Kinematics: 11:32am On May 24, 2021
garfield1:

I agree with you.out of the 23 lgas in rivers,the four ikwerre lgas,ahoada east and west,etche and omuma,onelga,oyigbo are igbotic though ikwerres deny their igboness.oyigbo and etche embrace it fully.ahoada are inbetween just like onelga.there are a few sprinkling of igbos in bonny and abolga.I think 40% -50% is ok considering that majority of the residents of ikwerre and etche and oyigbo are non indigenes

Please where did you get this your sprinkle of ibos in Abolga?
Make una fear God ooo... this lie on faceless forum will take you nowhere.

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by blues234: 11:42am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

Which part of Emohua are you from? Mbitainwo, Ndele, Ogbakiri, Elele Ali Mini, etc?
I know why I'm asking.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by helinues: 11:44am On May 24, 2021
garfield1:

I understand you now.igbo heartland is south east,any igbo outside there indigenous or not is in an exercise of self deception.same applies to the yorubas

Exactly
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Fejoku: 11:44am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

are you from rivers ?

truth to be said eh.. ahaoda west na edo dem be
No I'm not from Rivers.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2021
blues234:

Which part of Emohua are you from? Mbitainwo, Ndele, Ogbakiri, Elele Ali Mini, etc?
I know why I'm asking.

mbueto.

why are you asking undecided
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by dared0637: 11:55am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

mbueto.

As a Rivers man, which Igboid parts of Rivers identify fully with their Igbo roots? of course with the exception of the Ikwerres...
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by dared0637: 11:58am On May 24, 2021
garfield1:

Speak for your yoruba people, we Igbos by culture don't leave our brothers behind, of course we won't force any group that don't want to identify themselves as Igbos, but we definitely won't abandon all our Igbo kindred in the South South because a vocal few deny their roots...that's insanity, all we have to do is just separate the chaff from the wheat and move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Fejoku: 11:58am On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

what does owerre,awka,afipo,onicha,abkaleke,nsuka,aba mean in the your language ?

Owere(Owerri) means expanse land behind a settlement in my dialect.
Óká(Awka) has a meaning I don't know but Awka indigenes can tell you.
Ehugbo(Afikpo) has a meaning the locals can tell you. I'm not from there.
Onicha(Onitsha) is an old Igbo word I'm still digging dip to get its meaning.
Aba nke leke (Abakiliki) means something the locals can tell you.
Nsuka(Nsukka) has a meaning the locals can tell you just like Nsude and Nsugbe nearby has a meaning too.
Aba has a meaning too which the locals can tell you.
Igbo language is very vast which is why I asked you as a local of that LGA. I do understand spelling might change due to anglicization but the locals can always state the correct spelling hence I asked you.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2021
dared0637:

As a Rivers man, which Igboid parts of Rivers identify fully with their Igbo roots? of course with the exception of the Ikwerres...
truth to be said! None. but we veiw the etche's as igbo though!

But families matters too. In our family my dad usualy forces us to read igbo text books and other igbo related books too. in the ikwerre tribe our people are also seen as igbo's due to our un seriose dialect

3 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by dared0637: 12:03pm On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

truth to be said! None. but we veiw the etche's as igbo though!

But families matters too. In our family my dad usualy forces to read igbo text books and other igbo related books too. in the ikwerre tribe our people are also seen as igbo's due to our un seriose dialect
So Etche identify as Igbos...Noted
How about Obigbo (Oyigbo) people?
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2021
Fejoku:

Owere(Owerri) means expanse land behind a settlement in my dialect.
Óká(Awka) has a meaning I don't know but Awka indigenes can tell you.
Ehugbo(Afikpo) has a meaning the locals can tell you. I'm not from there.
Onicha(Onitsha) is an old Igbo word I'm still digging dip to get its meaning.
Aba nke leke (Abakiliki) means something the locals can tell you.
Nsuka(Nsukka) has a meaning the locals can tell you just like Nsude and Nsugbe nearby has a meaning too.
Aba has a meaning too which the locals can tell you.
Igbo language is very vast which is why I asked you as a local of that LGA. I do understand spelling might change due to anglicization but the locals can always state the correct spelling hence I asked you.

ok.. the L.G.A was emohua from the on set! the confusion is in the town wich the brits couldnt diffrenciate from the L.G.A.the first name of the town was actualy emo-ohai.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2021
dared0637:

So Etche identify as Igbos...Noted
How about Obigbo (Oyigbo) people?

i dont know much about the folk at oyibo sha,but the should be igbos though or ijaws
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by AfonjaConehead: 12:10pm On May 24, 2021
helinues:
There are Igbo residents in SS just as how they are in other region/country

Mic dropped!

Good mathematics...if the resident Igbos in Delta state and Rivers state are indigenes then it also means the resident Igbos in Lagos state are also indigenes of Lagos state and so therefore,they can be governor of Lagos state and also can be kabiyesi of no man's land too,thank you very much

Lzaa Imhotep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by blues234: 12:14pm On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

mbueto.

Well, it's rare to see an Emohua fela accept to be Igbo. The Ikwerres I know that don't have a problem with the Igbo tag, are mostly from Ikwerre LGA most expecially Isiokpo and may be some part of Akpor.
My elder bro is married to an Emohuo woman.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by dared0637: 12:15pm On May 24, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

i dont know much about the folk at oyibo sha,but the should be igbos though or ijaws
I doubt you're truly a Rivers man if you don't know the Oyigbo people fully identify themselves as Igbos, I intentionally baited you with that question and you fell for it.
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 24, 2021
helinues:
There are Igbo residents in SS just as how they are in other region/country

Mic dropped!

Lol.

I'm from Edo.

And I'm Igbo.

E shock you?

3 Likes

Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by Donaluta(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2021
EdoDefence:

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
Oamj4

Rule 2
Rule 9

Bro must you reply everything you see online .... Sometimes overlook something's

He insults SS people but when we retaliate you move against us by deleting our post
Re: "There Are No Igbos In The South South" by DLioness(f): 12:29pm On May 24, 2021
dared0637:
Well this is for the useless "we the South South" crew here's a picture posted by popular comedian Basket mouth on his Facebook (a South South boy) from Delta state, proudly representing his Igboness.

Basket mouth is a native of Abia not Delta. Besides you are jobless for creating this post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Insecurity, Sit-At-Home, Petrol Scarcity Caused Food Price Hike In Q1 2022 / 10 Most Corrupt Nigerian Leaders According To Ranking / This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.