Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. (27084 Views)

Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by styles2009: 3:04am On Jun 13, 2021
@Basalt,how you dey?
I dey on your thread, hope you no mind. grin
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Gokoyer0(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2021
The legal occupant of the apartment only need to know that you will be using his/her address, and that's it. All official letters will come to that house address. It's illegal but this is very common.
I know that in many European countries, people do this. As a student, to use other people's addresses to apply for permit does not require Landlord's signature. I don't know about Germany. In most European countries, I know that it's almost impossible to forge a housing contract which can be a very important document to apply for certain types of residence permit and for some official purposes also.
Basalt:

Extremely risky unless the landlord or the person who gave your friend the accomodation is aware of that because there is a portion where the landlord is supposed to sign.
Some people still take the risk and fodge landlord's address but it's extremely risky if it backfires.

You are supposed to apply for resident permit with your own accomodation not with your friend's address
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Basalt(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Gokoyer0:
The legal occupant of the apartment only need to know that you will be using his/her address, and that's it. All official letters will come to that house address. It's illegal but this is very common.
I know that in many European countries, people do this. As a student, to use other people's addresses to apply for permit does not require Landlord's signature. I don't know about Germany. In most European countries, I know that it's almost impossible to forge a housing contract which can be a very important document to apply for certain types of residence permit and for some official purposes also.

Yes, in Germany, the house owner signs, and his full name also appears on the form. So if you are using a friend's address, it means you are using a form signed by the landlord which means the landlord should be aware that you are using the address. Some people still do it without the landlord's knowledge but pray something doesn't go wrong because when something goes wrong, the landlord will deny knowing anything about your presence in his house, and you have to explain who signed the landlord's signature grin cheesy which you used for your Anmeldung.
By law you should use your own personal address with your landlord being fully aware of it, if you want to share an apartment with someone then let your city and your landlord be aware during the Anmeldung, though in most cases nothing goes wrong and they don't check the authenticity of the address. Some little things that don't matter in other European countries matter a lot in Germany.
We live in a country with so many rules and regulations and you have to be careful.

3 Likes

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Gokoyer0(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2021
I agree with you here, sir.
Basalt:

Yes, in Germany, the house owner signs, and his full name also appears on the form. So if you are using a friend's address, it means you are using a form signed by the landlord which means the landlord should be aware that you are using the address. Some people still do it without the landlord's knowledge but pray something doesn't go wrong because when something goes wrong, the landlord will deny knowing anything about your presence in his house, and you have to explain who signed the landlord's signature grin cheesy which you used for your Anmeldung.
By law you should use your own personal address with your landlord being fully aware of it, if you want to share an apartment with someone then let your city and your landlord be aware during the Anmeldung, though in most cases nothing goes wrong and they don't check the authenticity of the address. Some little things that don't matter in other European countries matter a lot in Germany.
We live in a country with so many rules and regulations and you have to be careful.
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by jacquelintorres: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2021
Such a useful thread guys!
Thanks for sharing your tips. I'm gonna study in Europe in 2022 and this will be definitely helpful

2 Likes

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by 2Lynx(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
styles2009:

I still don't know which one you want grin
German
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Basalt(m): 4:49am On Jun 15, 2021
mright05:
Hello

Please if you don’t mind can you list some reason why you wouldn’t go to Poland for your master degree , I’m preparing to travel soon and it’s happen that my destination is Poland

The number one reason is the availability of good-paying part-time jobs alongside your studies.
I would like to do my schooling in a place where there are abundant part-time jobs which students can do and make money while studying.
I don't know much about Poland, but as a country that is not rich, the salary in Poland will surely be generally low and one of my reasons for selecting countries for education is the possibility of making money while studying.
Secondly, I heard that getting a Polish education visa from Nigeria is very hard even after you have paid your school fees.

I wish you the best in Poland, good news is that it is in EU and you can easily visit other EU countries.

1 Like

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Abdul111: 6:17am On Jun 15, 2021
Hello bosses
Please I have a question concerning applying for schools in Germany. My brother has applied for a few schools and some schools indicated that they want certified documents, does this mean we have to send the documents to the embassy for certification first before scanning them and using them to apply or we can apply first with normal scanned copy and certify ahead of admission process. Also, during the certification do they put stamps on original documents or its just the photocopies??
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Potatochips(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
biggy26:

Difficult why?
Because the white girls don't really care about you. If you're lucky, a random white chick may get infatuated with you and you could get some pussy, after that they are done. Most don't want anything serious, except you are very lucky. Then for our black sisters, most are looking out for white guys or black guys with papers or something. Also it's difficult to find a single black girl out here, they are either engaged or married or baby mama's. Just what I noticed. I have dated one black girl from an east African country. She was beautiful with some class but was a baby mama. She was so domineering that I became uncomfortable. I just advised myself. It's something else out here. That's why if you have a good relationship back home don't break it up because you are traveling to Europe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by biggy26: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Potatochips:

Because the white girls don't really care about you. If you're lucky, a random white chick may get infatuated with you and you could get some pussy, after that they are done. Most don't want anything serious, except you are very lucky. Then for our black sisters, most are looking out for white guys or black guys with papers or something. Also it's difficult to find a single black girl out here, they are either engaged or married or baby mama's. Just what I noticed. I have dated one black girl from an east African country. She was beautiful with some class but was a baby mama. She was so domineering that I became uncomfortable. I just advised myself. It's something else out here. That's why if you have a good relationship back home don't break it up because you are traveling to Europe.
Well said bro!
I have two cousins in Germany, married to beautiful white women. Infact, the first ones wife feels she's Nigerian. Lol! The second just got married, she loves Nigerians. Don't know what my cousins did to them o! Lovely ladies. That's why I wonder why guys bring used materials to naija for marriage.

1 Like

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by SavageResponse(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
Basalt:
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to all my fellow Nigerians.
It's me Basalt, the guy that doesn't mince words, and today I will be talking about the ways foreign students who study in Europe (especially in Germany) can still save millions of naira even before finishing their studies. Believe me it is not really easy but most of our lifestyles are making it even more difficult.

1. Stay in the student hostel. The number one thing eating deep in our pocket is accommodation. I know of a friend that pays over €500 every month in accommodation alone.
Student hostels are usually subsidized for students, and you save more money when you pay less for rent.

2. Stay away from public health insurance if you are above 30yrs and you are not working a full-time job unless you have medical issues. If you are working full-time in Germany, public health insurance is compulsory. Your firm pays half and you will pay half, that is understandable but in a situation where you are not working full-time, you will pay almost €200 alone as insurance for someone who is above 30yrs old.
If you minus such a big amount, minus your rent. Wetin Remain?

3. Avoid girls that are too demanding, if you were single before coming to Germany, then date only girls that are here with you in Germany, most girls in Germany work and make their own money. So they will never be a pest to you and you will have a physical companion, not a phone companion that always calls to demand money.
What most girls will do is this.
First of all, they try to establish a relationship with you for months by chatting and asking you how you are and showing concern, then they move into the phase of milking you dry with numerous financial problems. Avoid such girls like plagues. Once they start demanding, start ignoring.

4. Stop sending money home unless for an important project or for an emergency. You can always use the excuse of being a student or Corona virus to prevent some unnecessary begging. Don't give shishi unless saving of life is involved or you are sending money to buy land , build a house etc.
If you keep sending money to everyone that demands, you will always go broke.

5. Never stay too long without working. Europe is not a place to live without working. If the semester is on, you will probably be too busy with studies to work full time, get a part-time job or a mini job to support yourself, and pay bills otherwise you will have no option than to spend the ones you saved before.

6. Stop buying expensive gadgets on loan. Buying properties on loan gives you a false illusion that you have arrived when you don't have anything.
You buy the latest iPhone on credit, you buy E-bicycle on credit, you buy big plasma TV on credit, you buy Macbook on credit, you buy a screen touch laptop on credit, some even buy a car on credit as a foreign student (though mostly not Nigerian students) .
When you buy all these things on credit, you will live a life of debt, and hardly will you make savings because you are practically working for your debts.

7. Avoid unnecessary parties and celebrations. When you organize parties for almost everything, you spend money you should have saved. Remember you are just a student, you don't have a professional job yet, you can still be kicked back to Nigeria when you fail to get a job within 18 months of graduation (God forbid).

8. Stop posting exortic pictures on facebook. People in Nigeria have that mindset that whoever goes on vacation is rich, they have the mindset that whoever enter aeroplane or even eat chicken is rich. So when you post such mouth watery pictures on facebook with nice environment coupled with your abroad induced freshness, you will create an illusion that you have arrived and you will only attract known and strange people begging in your dm. So you can avoid such disturbance by staying on a low key online.

Those who have ears let them hear cheesy
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by seunny4lif(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
Well, most Nigerians especially our Eastern brothers will always say the children that Oyinbo born for you no be your own due to the fact that if you and the white go your separate ways, the kids belongs do the woman.
I know too many of them, that went back to Nigeria to marry
biggy26:

Well said bro!
I have two cousins in Germany, married to beautiful white women. Infact, the first ones wife feels she's Nigerian. Lol! The second just got married, she loves Nigerians. Don't know what my cousins did to them o! Lovely ladies. That's why I wonder why guys bring used materials to naija for marriage

1 Like

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2021
dochenaj:
I stopped reading at number 3.

And number 2 is a "penny wise pound foolish" option. When you get a medical emergency and have no insurance, then would you know the true cost of healthcare.

So did I. That is a very bad piece of advice.
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Greatihex(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
Basalt:

Na Germany get industry and money pass for entire Europe and among the top 5 countries wey get money and industry pass in the entire world. So I guess that should answer your question,
Furthermore, places like Eastern Germany are said not to have jobs like other sides. This is a rumor, I have not lived in Eastern Germany before. The minimum salary people without skills usually earn is 10 Euro per hour. This is different when you work at midnight, when you have good skills, or when you are a professional.
Please, can you help on any information about studying in Germany as an undergraduate or migrating to Germany to work? I really need to leave this country next year, and Germany is one of the countries I like, with Canada and Norway.
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Greatihex(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Basalt:

The number one reason is the availability of good-paying part-time jobs alongside your studies.
I would like to do my schooling in a place where there are abundant part-time jobs which students can do and make money while studying.
I don't know much about Poland, but as a country that is not rich, the salary in Poland will surely be generally low and one of my reasons for selecting countries for education is the possibility of making money while studying.
Secondly, I heard that getting a Polish education visa from Nigeria is very hard even after you have paid your school fees.

I wish you the best in Poland, good news is that it is in EU and you can easily visit other EU countries.
Please, is it possible for one to study in Germany and take care of his expenses and everything without external help?

1 Like

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Basalt:

I would choose Canada.
Then Germany
Then UK.
I wouldn't go to Poland for my masters, but that's just my own personal opinion.

And moreover when choosing a country for Msc also consider the acceptability rate and the financial requirements.
pls bro like how much do u think would be enough to run msc in Canada. Also can one run the master and also work there in canada
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Samken2: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Basalt:
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to all my fellow Nigerians.
It's me Basalt, the guy that doesn't mince words, and today I will be talking about the ways foreign students who study in Europe (especially in Germany) can still save millions of naira even before finishing their studies. Believe me it is not really easy but most of our lifestyles are making it even more difficult.

1. Stay in the student hostel. The number one thing eating deep in our pocket is accommodation. I know of a friend that pays over €500 every month in accommodation alone.
Student hostels are usually subsidized for students, and you save more money when you pay less for rent.

2. Stay away from public health insurance if you are above 30yrs and you are not working a full-time job unless you have medical issues. If you are working full-time in Germany, public health insurance is compulsory. Your firm pays half and you will pay half, that is understandable but in a situation where you are not working full-time, you will pay almost €200 alone as insurance for someone who is above 30yrs old.
If you minus such a big amount, minus your rent. Wetin Remain?

3. Avoid girls that are too demanding, if you were single before coming to Germany, then date only girls that are here with you in Germany, most girls in Germany work and make their own money. So they will never be a pest to you and you will have a physical companion, not a phone companion that always calls to demand money.
What most girls will do is this.
First of all, they try to establish a relationship with you for months by chatting and asking you how you are and showing concern, then they move into the phase of milking you dry with numerous financial problems. Avoid such girls like plagues. Once they start demanding, start ignoring.

4. Stop sending money home unless for an important project or for an emergency. You can always use the excuse of being a student or Corona virus to prevent some unnecessary begging. Don't give shishi unless saving of life is involved or you are sending money to buy land , build a house etc.
If you keep sending money to everyone that demands, you will always go broke.

5. Never stay too long without working. Europe is not a place to live without working. If the semester is on, you will probably be too busy with studies to work full time, get a part-time job or a mini job to support yourself, and pay bills otherwise you will have no option than to spend the ones you saved before.

6. Stop buying expensive gadgets on loan. Buying properties on loan gives you a false illusion that you have arrived when you don't have anything.
You buy the latest iPhone on credit, you buy E-bicycle on credit, you buy big plasma TV on credit, you buy Macbook on credit, you buy a screen touch laptop on credit, some even buy a car on credit as a foreign student (though mostly not Nigerian students) .
When you buy all these things on credit, you will live a life of debt, and hardly will you make savings because you are practically working for your debts.

7. Avoid unnecessary parties and celebrations. When you organize parties for almost everything, you spend money you should have saved. Remember you are just a student, you don't have a professional job yet, you can still be kicked back to Nigeria when you fail to get a job within 18 months of graduation (God forbid).

8. Stop posting exortic pictures on facebook. People in Nigeria have that mindset that whoever goes on vacation is rich, they have the mindset that whoever enter aeroplane or even eat chicken is rich. So when you post such mouth watery pictures on facebook with nice environment coupled with your abroad induced freshness, you will create an illusion that you have arrived and you will only attract known and strange people begging in your dm. So you can avoid such disturbance by staying on a low key online.
Pls how can I apply for admission into German or Norway universities from Nigeria,what are the necessary steps, documents and guildlines needed for me.
And is this true that some universities in Germany and Norway are free for both international and local students
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by IsSlyFoxxMad: 5:52am On Sep 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I had to find a dead thread to have this conversation with you. Listen we’ve had our differences and been through some shit but I have long admired you and your contributions to this forum, and that’s nothing but the truth.

I believe you will do well to polish your replies to people you disagree with a little bit instead of constantly throwing flames but we all have our faults. I fully apologize for the way I behaved towards you but it was partly out of hurt.. because you kept promising and failing to reply to my DM’s.

Anyway, it’s bygones. If you’re ready to put it behind I would really like us to know each other for real. I think we can learn a lot from each other. I promise you I am much nicer and civilized in person lol. My behavior on nairaland is just an act and you will be pleasantly surprised to find this out yourself.

Pls don’t ignore this. Reply with whatever’s on your mind, good or bad, I can handle it, okay? Hope you’re well? Seen from your recent post you just got back from vacation… hope you had a nice and relaxing one? You surely deserve it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by IsSlyFoxxMad: 6:26am On Sep 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Don’t ignore pls. It’s really not very nice when you do that. I know you’re online.
Re: How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. by Mastermindx: 2:39am On Jan 25, 2023
IsSlyFoxxMad:

Don’t ignore pls. It’s really not very nice when you do that. I know you’re online.

Relaxxx my SIMPle man-friend

NEVER chase women

“Attract” them instead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Secrets For Getting Your Dubai Visa Approved / International Flights Resume On 29th August 2020 -Hadi Sirika, Aviation Minister / Painful Smile Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.