Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? (23289 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:22am On May 26, 2021
My dear, Coping by God’s grace. I’ll advice you to into IT. Spend your time learning tech. You will be will be fine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by papiwyte(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2021
School na wash...
My bro employ ur self b4 person go use am abuse u ooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Dbarrzx: 11:24am On May 26, 2021
We tend to put much emphasis on education and white collar jobs which are not available. In my little experience, I have learnt that education is good but it is not the ultimate. I spent yrs in the university and came out, now I am still struggling with Asian companies' job that cannot feed me not to talk of a family but my cousin whom we finished secondary school together, went to learn tiling job after his secondary school and he is doing very well. He has a good mobility, a house and a nice family. He has boys working under him, he is living comfortably. I now see my years in the university as a waste of time and resources. But I am still pushing, we will not give up because our God is able.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2021
Misscheery:

How many persons can comfortably accomodate you and teach you a skill without demanding for a large sum of money even when they are aware your jobless??

Just asking for a friend!
I agree, everything has its own challenges, some request money before they can take u as an intern. But it still pays than waisting your whole life to acquire all the skool certificates n still remain jobless in your guardians house. My guy, nothing good comes so easy, everything requires one or 2 sacrifices.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by TemmyT002(m): 11:30am On May 26, 2021
If you live in the remotest parts of Ibadan or Ekiti State, you will build house with 15k salary within a few years.
Don't give up.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by hosemujica: 11:32am On May 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Volunteering in Nigeria is also not easy. I have been there and it was very difficult getting places to volunter for. Your story is just one guy. If the company fails nko what happens to your effort and time.
Its not one story, I just told the one I know personally, there's a lot of stories out there I have read and heard about volunteering success , the thing is that we volunteer to get experience so we can be better situated to get a good paying job, if the company decides to hire then fine.

I agree with you that most employers too don't understand the concept of volunteering , making it difficult to get in. That makes me wonder if all these years of NYSC scheme is wasted, because one of the major objective of the scheme is to teach young graduates and employers the importance of volunteering.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by jkbee(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2021
AAbuja:

A times I feel really sad and end up praying for those unemployed graduates going through the same phase I am phase I am passing through. Even though you don't know me, I pray for you

@OP don over-analyze your situation.... There are many who sleeps under bridge with no hope
Let alone those who join robbers in a bide to make people around them proud.
The country itself lets many people down.
The rule remain the same.... Don't give up on your quest not to settle for low life.. Apply as much(if possible) go beyond your local area but reach out to Urban where there are opportunities & Mega pay.
And U may take up some skills or side hustle - Personal home teaching/Tutorials or start up a trade withal
With God on your side.. Tomorrow shall be Great.
A living dog is better than dead Lion.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by 27Pushing30: 11:44am On May 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Op dont kill yourself. The situation you are in is the same thing for 98 percent of Nigerians in your age range o lipsrsealed

Very ignorant assertion

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by xynerise: 11:54am On May 26, 2021
Stop waiting for job. Go and learn skills.

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Perry26: 11:57am On May 26, 2021
it's well o, d lord will see us tru cuz personally I dnt even kn wt to think or do anymore.. no Job too and only job available in Nigeria is marketing job
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Yomit71(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2021
I give God the glory, am a 2016 graduate too.
I can't accept a 15k job sha, I'll rather ride bike making #3500-#4000 daily. I have laid hand on many dirty job that doesn't befit a graduate but with God on my side am better than many office workers. some work we underate pay far above all this stupid job we aim for. just have a good saving plan. then you can think of investment you like. God bless you.
#Godirty

3 Likes

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by tegafej(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2021
BabaIbo:
I was supposed to earn 45k as a marketing executive for my first post NYSC job early 2018 but transport got so expensive that I quited the job middle of the month.
I have earned 15k, 30k and 35k as a teacher but I never did only teaching all those periods.

Thank God for covid19 wahala last year, it was one of the motivating factors alongside my ex-gf shortsightedness, they are few of the things that pushed me to quit teaching job for my personal business, and since then I am always grateful to God.

Although, there are challenges(new startup business challenge etc) but I'm way better than I was those years.

OP, just decide on what you want and start making moves towards it.

I can relate to your story
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by joromi36(f): 12:04pm On May 26, 2021
AAbuja:
Did you graduate in 2016? How have you been coping?

After all these years all I can point at is a teaching job I Engaged in Fetching 15k a month. I quit tho after innumerable nonsense and pathetic experiences.

I feel like I am not doing enough. I feel like I am not trying enough. When I look at my dad and see his Grey hair, I feel like I have failed him because I am still eating his food bought with monthly pension. I am still sleeping and waking up under his roof at over 30years old.

As a child, I remembered the week when I was to enter Jss1, dad took me to a boutique and bought me a very fine white canvass. Now over the years I can't even afford to buy him a shoe. The last time I bought him anything was 2017 during my NYSC.

I feel I have failed not only him but a lot of people that hoped in me to become something reasonable. Laundry sef no work, always in the shop regretting my entire journey. Maybe I should have waited and studied another course or maybe I should have just chosen and engaged in a trade with with my 100 level tuition embarassed

I just regret everything. Under the hot sun, People will see me walking from one company to another establishment with my credentials. Most times i have to Beg for money just to move from one place to another online. The situation is that terrible

I have asked myself what I am doing wrong but I apply to jobs everyday. Or maybe I am afraid of starting a family on 15k salary just like most of my colleagues back in university. We do meet and they tell me how I am delaying in starting a family, and then goes ahead to tell me how poor their teaching salaries are and how they have had to depend on friends and family. But me I have no one to fall on.

A times I feel really sad and end up praying for those unemployed graduates going through the same phase I am phase I am passing through. Even though you don't know me, I pray for you

My brother, you are not the only one in this phase. I am currently freelancing and it's not stable. I will advise my fellow 2016 graduates to lean more to God and make him your source otherwise you might end up being depressed and the end product might just be suicide which is not the solution. If you have learned a skill, put it into good use and be the best at it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by tegafej(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2021
joromi36:

My brother, you are not the only one in this phase. I am currently freelancing and it's not stable. I will advise my fellow 2016 graduates to lean more to God and make him your source otherwise you might end up being depressed and the end product might just be suicide which is not the solution. If you have learned a skill, put it into good use and be the best at it

You see the God factor? A lot of pips are underating it.

That's what liberated me.

Funny enough, as I started giving, my finances exploded. Right now, I'm very selective with jobs.

God indeed has been wonderful.

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by KallmemrB0: 12:17pm On May 26, 2021
Heavenschild:
I didn't know where my life was heading at your age..I was completely lost.. Nothing to show for at my age and kept relying on the largesse of my family for survival..but today at a age less than 40 it will shock you what I have been able to achieve by God's grace within this space of time..I have a family of my own, mobility, a property I'm currently developing and I have been able to support my extended family even more than my expectations..These achievement I owe fully to the undying grace of God that I enjoy and my resilience and never give up attitude.

So my brother don't give up, keep pushing and don't stop adding value to yourself and most especially be close to God your Creator. He holds the template of your life and even before you were born He already knew you. He can lead you to your destination.

I wish you all the best.
best Advice
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by 1F30M4(f): 12:19pm On May 26, 2021
E be things o, e be really things.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by christejames(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2021
Nwaotu10:
We're in the same shit bro.

Graduated since 2017, no reasonable thing since then.

Frustration and depression has turned me to a sadist.

I'm just a walking corpse, looking forward to resting in peace someday. cry

Be strong brother!

The storm will surely pass, we are in this together.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by mrwonlasewonie: 12:44pm On May 26, 2021
Karleb:

This is shiiit!
I have spoken!
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by mrwonlasewonie: 12:45pm On May 26, 2021
uthlaw:
are you in Nigeria or America?
I am in where God has put me smiley
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Newbielearner(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2021
Nwaotu10:
We're in the same shit bro.

Graduated since 2017, no reasonable thing since then.

Frustration and depression has turned me to a sadist.

I'm just a walking corpse, looking forward to resting in peace someday. cry

No man. When there's life there's hope.

Do you have or can you learn any skill?

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by CSTRR: 12:53pm On May 26, 2021
And then in the University, lecturers would be misbehaving as if once you graduate, your life is now settled.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Newbielearner(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2021
AAbuja:

After all these years all I can point at is a teaching job I Engaged in Fetching 15k a month. I quit tho after innumerable nonsense and pathetic experiences.

I feel like I am not doing enough. I feel like I am not trying enough. When I look at my dad and see his Grey hair, I feel like I have failed him because I am still eating his food bought with monthly pension. I am still sleeping and waking up under his roof at over 30years old.

As a child, I remembered the week when I was to enter Jss1, dad took me to a boutique and bought me a very fine white canvass. Now over the years I can't even afford to buy him a shoe. The last time I bought him anything was 2017 during my NYSC.

I feel I have failed not only him but a lot of people that hoped in me to become something reasonable. Laundry sef no work, always in the shop regretting my entire journey. Maybe I should have waited and studied another course or maybe I should have just chosen and engaged in a trade with with my 100 level tuition embarassed

I just regret everything. Under the hot sun, People will see me walking from one company to another establishment with my credentials. Most times i have to Beg for money just to move from one place to another online. The situation is that terrible

I have asked myself what I am doing wrong but I apply to jobs everyday. Or maybe I am afraid of starting a family on 15k salary just like most of my colleagues back in university. We do meet and they tell me how I am delaying in starting a family, and then goes ahead to tell me how poor their teaching salaries are and how they have had to depend on friends and family. But me I have no one to fall on.

What do you do after closing hours in school?
What have you been doing with your time? You can create a change now with a five year plan.

Do you know that you can even teach foreigners online GMT+1 and get paid?
Which state do you reside?

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by CSTRR: 12:55pm On May 26, 2021
Yomit71:
I give God the glory, am a 2016 graduate too.
I can't accept a 15k job sha, I'll rather ride bike making #3500-#4000 daily. I have laid hand on many dirty job that doesn't befit a graduate but with God on my side am better than many office workers. some work we underate pay far above all this stupid job we aim for. just have a good saving plan. then you can think of investment you like. God bless you.
#Godirty
Which okada is paying 4k everyday?

Plus the numerous dues you pay on the road.

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Franky001(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2021
My brother, you are not the only on in that shoe, I really like the courage you summon to narrate your story. I strongly believe God will make a way, just don't try or think of involving yourself in anything illegal. What i'm trying to say is that, do not let the thought of this push you into doing what you will later regret. And please, never think of suicide, it is never an option, just think of what other thing you can do aside the teaching job or looking for job in all these yeye companies. Naija is a failed state, but I strongly believe you will laugh last.
Will be hoping to hear your testimony here. The Lord is your strength bro.

AAbuja:

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by uthlaw: 12:58pm On May 26, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
I am in where God has put me smiley
na naija u dey,if it is Yankee,you will be proud to say it out!

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by seamfund: 12:59pm On May 26, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
My dear, Coping by God’s grace. I’ll advice you to into IT. Spend your time learning tech. You will be fine. If you need a computer, you can create a go fund me and I’ll pay some money into it so that you can buy yourself a good computer

Gofund me don't accept nigerians

2 Likes

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by mrwonlasewonie: 1:00pm On May 26, 2021
uthlaw:
na naija u dey,if it is Yankee,you will be proud to say it out!
I have no reason to Impress anybody wink
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by InvertedHammer: 1:03pm On May 26, 2021
AAbuja:

/

Only lazy people are jobless.

A job doesn't have to be in your discipline nor a white collar job.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by kingsman66(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2021
[quote author=mrwonlasewonie post=102075064]Dont look down on yourself.dont ever let yourself think or feel you are not doing enough

Since bubu entered, almost all Nigerians are feeling the effects one way or the other.keep working,keep dreaming of a brighter tomorrow,keep speaking life into your tomorrow

The grass is always greener on the side.some Nigerians think that it's until they travel outside of the country before they can do better,when they reach there they realise abroa egod social media is completely different from what really obtains abroad.america is glossy on social media and Tyler Perry movies until you reach there and see that there are some parts of Chicago and Baltimore that are not different from Oshodi or ajangbadi

Stay where God has put you and excel there.location is not a determinant of success
[/quote

Totally agree with u bro, everything still look unsure and unaccpetable but is only God we rely on
Op just keep prayin and hoping on God. Things will get better

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Yomit71(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2021
CSTRR:
Which okada is paying 4k everyday?
Plus the numerous dues you pay on the road.
very funny, so you don't believe that small amount, some make more sef
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 1:15pm On May 26, 2021
seamfund:

Gofund me don't accept nigerians

I think there is a Nigerian platform for that donations. Its https://donate-ng.com/. its the Nigerian version for gofundme

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Latest Fresh Graduate & Exp. Recruitment At KPMG Nigeria - 9th July, 2015 / Link Here To Apply For FRSC Recruitment 2023/2024 / Some Hidden Mistakes Job-seekers Make During Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.