Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies (9712 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / 10 Common Misconceptions Guys Have About Nigerian Ladies / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by kant26(f): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2007
OK first of all how does watching Nigerian movies correlate with getting "dummer"? Have you coordinated a survey on it, or are you just generalizing it from your personal experiences with women around you? Unless you can adequately prove that watching a Nigerian movie would make me stoopid (not know how governors are elected in Nigeria), then you can stop your so called "women" from watching it! But till then, BUGGER OFF,
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by SignorZax: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2007
I would prefer Naija Chics to jump into the Atlantic Ocean and get drowned rather than watch those sleery, sleezy 35mms that only bore a hole in my pocket every 2 weeks and contains part 1, 2, 3,, all on one VCD Disc (Imagine not even DVD). Haba!!!!!! make una grow up na, those films are really a pain in the arse.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by swetangel(f): 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Hand_some

I feel you ooo cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by swetangel(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Hand_some,

I feel you oooo cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by 3dhunter(m): 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2007
For years, i have been trying to watch Nigeria films. i am still trying to
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
There is nothing bad in watching Nigeria films, i never watched while i was in Nigeria but to be honest it made me proud when i see people from African countries e.g Ghana,Uganda,Zimbabwe e.t.c talking about Nigerian films. Even my wife who is from Poland can't stop talking about it since she got one DVD from her Uganda friend. I feel ashamed if they r talking about Nigerian movies cause they think i am trying to westernised myself anything i said i don;t have any Nigerian DVD.

I know some movies are crap but r all American film good as well? Nollywood or not, we should be proud of it. The question now is: ARE WE NIGERIANS PROUD OF ANYTHING? This is a good example of how private sector can drive the economy of a nation. As anybody ever think how Nollywood is driving the economy of Nigeria and how many people are employed in the industry instead of waiting for the government to give them job or contract. I think this is an area we need to appreciate. I am a Nollywood convert(never imagine that in a million years) and i hope to invest in that industry because i think there is a lot of benefit and money to make.

Do u think i can make money renting the latest recording equipment  for movie in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by adeboo(f): 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2007
Omo, I am one of them o.
Guilty as charged.

I love my nija films - i can go through bags and bags.
Everyone i know has helped me feed my habit. Every guy i have dated  have actually become addicts too.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Jonnygan, which kin pic u put 4 ur profile? u expect us to bend our head to see, lol. no offence my bro. just having a laugh.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by PandN(f): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2007
Though I am not Nigerian, I am female, in my 20s & also one of the committed viewers of Nollywood films. At the face value, the Nollywood movies might appear shallow, however, to some of us who are Africans without a strong African culture background; these movies bring us closer to that. They teach us the values of truthfulness, honesty & integrity, amongst others. I will opt to watch a good Nollywood movie over a Hollywood movie anytime. Moreover, I don’t think it is the viewing of Nollywood movies that makes ‘females’ (allegedly) ignorant. Ignorance is by choice. I do watch Nollywood movies, however, I am fairly informed on what’s happening around the globe (I know who the Nigerian newly elected president is, I know that you recently got a new speaker of parliament, Australia got a new state President from a labour party who might bring in alternative foreign policy on Iraq, Barack Obama is contesting to be the Democrat’s presidential candidate – possibility of him being the first African American to be in the White House as President, the ANC in SA is busy with the process of electing the new ANC president to contest in the country’s presidential election in 2009). This just a tip of the iceberg, with the aim of demonstrating that it is not the viewing of Nollywood that makes someone ignorant, ignorance is by choice. Additionally, Nollywood movies might seem insignificant to some of you guys but to some of us who, unfortunately have not been fortunate enough to have grown up in any environment that promotes African culture, we find Nollywood films educational.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by ininathan(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2007
I quite agree with this topic I wonder which kind sense them they get from it IMA1@poster are u sure u they for yankee ?some people just dey claim say them dey abroad why their local time read proper niger: mind u I fit first u travel self. Sorry oh!!!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Coleslove: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2007
Caution!!! Too much of it is dangerous. So many imaginable lies happen there. Its always a battle against Rich boys, girls, parents, friends & poor girls, boys, parents, friends.

Worst of all diabolism and all craps
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by grafikdon: 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2007
Seun:

Nigerian men are equally crazy about sports. What do men learn from sports?

Premier league soccer, Nollywood movies, Mexican soap operas. What purpose do they serve?

Entertainment. Our lives would be extremely boring without some form of entertainment. wink

Gbam! Abeg tell them jo! I was about to post something similar but you just nailed it.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by DisGuy: 3:58am On Nov 26, 2007
one of the reasons other Africans 'hate' Nigerians has to do with nollywood-

people actually think that's how all Nigerians are! obsessed with money and chieftaincy titles
obsessed with voodoo
living with your parents till you are 40+
cheating then call the pastor for forgiveness etc etc

and

one of the reason some Africans like Nigerians has to do with nollywood tongue

Mercy Johnson got the best booty in the business cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by FuNnyB(f): 4:06am On Nov 26, 2007
Was caroline Ekanem playing Beyonce in the Nigerian/Ghanian movie Beyonce' or was that someone else? If yes, who was it? Bc the disc doesn't have Caroline E. on it. Please answer if you've seen the movie that just came out in 2007
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by naija4laif: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2007
FuNnyB:

Was caroline Ekanem playing Beyonce in the Nigerian/Ghanian movie Beyonce' or was that someone else? If yes, who was it? Bc the disc doesn't have Caroline E. on it. Please answer if you've seen the movie that just came out in 2007
nah, dat wasn't caroline, beyonce was played by nadia buari
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by edmondo(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2007
this hollywood or nollywood av taken d heart of my gal,
we don fite ova dis mata,she can watch dis so called naija movies 4 48hrs even witout any meal.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by koolsasy(f): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2007
@handsome:u go bro, well said
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by moondust(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2007
that's why the IQ level of the average Nigerian chick keeps dropping by the min. but what gets me thinking is how someone could possibly enjoy watchin d same story recycled ova and ova.
the worst part is how much these movies insult one's intelligence. . .from the begining, u can already tell the end, yet out dear ladies are addicted to these things, how worrisome undecided
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by prominence: 10:09am On Nov 26, 2007
@ Seun, well said. ladies watch nigerian movies for entertainment, it doesnt make them any less intelligent or smart. i am a big fan of home videos and i believe it's a way to support our own. if alot of us will agree they have greatly improved compared to when they just started, it's only a process and they can only get better.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Shinatu: 10:28am On Nov 26, 2007
When I hear this sort of comment about girls from guys, I am puzzled, but I come to understand they must be talking about what they know and are exposed to.

I do not think Chimamanda Adiche's brothers and friends will make this sort of statement about Nigerian girls.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by onydchic(f): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2007
Why the generalization? I cant stand Nigerian movies. They're predictable and foolish (not to mention the cringe worthy acting) and my close female friends don't watch them either.
I admit that there is an alarming amount of girls that watch them with obsession. But isn't it the same way for football At least, a Nigerian film might actually have a moral, as opposed to watching grown men in shorts try to kick a ball into a net and get paid foolishly for it!
This is just the male supremacy thing talking. Yo think there aren't stupid guys
I also really don't see the connection between Nigerian movies and dumb girls. If they don't know basic stuff like that, it just means they're paying very little attention to newspapers, intelligent books etc. And now we're on it, i know a lot of guys that i have to interpret half of what i say in a discussion, so,
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by powerofmap(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2007
grin Nollywood is a baby growing, Lets support it because out complaining would not help.I Love Nollywood but I select home videos I watch because some home videos too are disgrace to the Industry.Hollywood was not born overnight my brodas and sistas.If you sit on your computer to insult a complete work of creative minds who are tryin to improve how do you think the industry will improve?.

Men I hail all dem Nollywood Lovers make una buy more home videos and watch cos by this some family survive through.

Shalom!!! smiley
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Segunusaid(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2007
@posters

I think the addiction to Nollywood has assumed a dangerous dimension, but i beg to say here that its not only the ladies, men are as guity of this addiction.

People should know the difference between winding away time and investing time. Time is money and time is life, the way some of us spend our productive years left much to be desired.

Though on the economic aspect it is a good thing for the country, the industry is growing and absorbing unemployed graduates which is a plus to the industry, but people should know how to order their life. For me i rather read books than watch junks video, i ve not even watch Nollywood in 7years. This is not to condemn Nollywood but great destinies are not made by watching movies except you re going to be an actor/actress, then you can go for it and improve yourself.

All the best.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2007
I had the same problem with my baby-mama sometime back, she would watch those things all day, until i trashed the player ( though i had to buy a new one).
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by dada22(m): 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
@poster,i've complained 4 so long at home 'bout ma sisters & female friends addiction 2 movies & hav come 2 realize dat it's part of wat makes dem happy(u can't  take it away 4rm dem), just as in da case of boys & men lovin football.

However,evry1 shuld try 2 know wat is happening in reality in da country & around da world.I imagine havin a sista dat does not knw da name of da state's gov.,i'll starve her of food & movies(naija movies of-course).

to evryone:we gain 3 categories of things 4rm da media:1.INFORMATION 2.EDUCATION(ACADEMICS) 3.ENTERTAINMENT.
these rank in order of priority.

Please lets not blame any sex for lags or over indulgence,instead lets learn to ask ourselves"wat have i achieved wit da time i sent on TV?"  If we do dis,we'll always learn a bit of ALL these classes of gains from da media.

to da producers in da house,pls educate us on certain other phenomenon we are not so exposed to(like how to read & write,form opinions on subject matters,analyze our thoughts,some fast- thinkin tasks) through ur movies, it goes a long way in makin us aware of things we might take 4 granted.  PEACE IN DA HOUSE!!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by grafikdon: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
And what about some of you pitching your tent on Nairaland? Are really making 'good use' of your time? Abeg lighten up!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Pepeye(f): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2007
Basically not all women like watching Nigerian films, cos it lacks authenticity and most of their story lines sorry to say are watery but the actors and actress are really good I must give it to them
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by yimiton(f): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2007
I detest this post because of it was generalized.
Personally, I don't like Nigerian Home videos and sure do know what's happening around me.

But what about some guys whose brains have been cooked with Super Sports?
Do they remember to watch CNN, BBC, History, Discovery or any other educational channels?
Most guys subscribe to DSTV for super sports and nothing else.

Getting engrossed in home videos is as bad as getting engrossed in football.

Give me E! Entertainment, yes, I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy those countdowns and gossips! anytime, Movie Magic, Discovery, Histroy, Animal Channel, Series, Go and you can take out every other channel on DSTV.
Starting with Super Sports of course!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by mellow(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
It is just a matter of choice. Football lovers can at times get fanatival about the Club side they surport

to the extent that one Liverpoopl fan had to kill anaother arsenal fan in Lagos some months back. Lets

allow them watch afterall they don't end up killing each other for the love of mike. I don't watch nollywood

Moviesexept it is comedy where I have to openly laugh at their stupidity.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by nkan(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2007
Cool4ny,
You are the one i know don,t mind those copy-copy workers.

@Poster there is nothing wrong promoting what you have, all these borrowed western culture in everything is eating deep into our blood, try and appreciate what you have for once.
Think of the social, economic and cultural impact of such things on us.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by ndubest(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
ladies + nollywood==match made in heaven

hopefully someday they will improve and put more realistic content on what they are doing
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by zignor(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2007
They have learnt alot from movies . . .how to kiss and screw you up undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Post Your Picture Let See Who Is The Most Beautiful. / Why Some Women Will Never Be Happy In Marriage / Guys: How To Pamper Your Pussi (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.