Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies (9714 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / 10 Common Misconceptions Guys Have About Nigerian Ladies / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2007
moondust:

that's why the IQ level of the average Nigerian chick keeps dropping by the min. but what gets me thinking is how someone could possibly enjoy watchin d same story recycled ova and ova.
the worst part is how much these movies insult one's intelligence. . .from the begining, u can already tell the end, yet out dear ladies are addicted to these things, how worrisome undecided
First of all I do not call myself an average Nigerian girl angry angry, I've dropped that collective word that always defined inferiority or rather stupidity a long time ago. However don't worry I would come and rule you guys one day as Nigerian president ( and you know how ladies can be in power) wink wink, then you would know if my IQ level has dropped or not tongue.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Frankies(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
grafikdon:

And what about some of you pitching your tent on Nairaland? Are really making 'good use' of your time? Abeg lighten up!

I thought one can only be a drug addict until I discovered nairaland. Some have been so much addicted to this site that once you are in here they are here too. Well, the site is very lovely, educative, entertaining and interactive.

My only regret is that some fools like almondjoy is really making this site too childish and senseless, far from the objective of seun when he developed it

*wondering if seun is aware of that* * checks if he is online now*

Baba Sege.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by TmeD0(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2007
onydchic:

Why the generalization? I can't stand Nigerian movies. They're predictable and foolish (not to mention the cringe worthy acting) and my close female friends don't watch them either.
I admit that there is an alarming amount of girls that watch them with obsession. But isn't it the same way for football At least, a Nigerian film might actually have a moral, as opposed to watching grown men in shorts try to kick a ball into a net and get paid foolishly for it!
This is just the male supremacy thing talking. Yo think there aren't stupid guys
I also really don't see the connection between Nigerian movies and dumb girls. If they don't know basic stuff like that, it just means they're paying very little attention to newspapers, intelligent books etc. And now we're on it, i know a lot of guys that i have to interpret half of what i say in a discussion, so,

Now I see why you have to interpret half of what you write on a thread to guys. That's cause ya don't make no sense with an incomplete sentence! grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by almondjoy(f): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2007
Frankies:

I thought one can only be a drug addict until I discovered nairaland. Some have been so much addicted to this site that once you are in here they are here too. Well, the site is very lovely, educative, entertaining and interactive.

My only regret is that some fools like almondjoy is really making this site too childish and senseless, far from the objective of seun when he developed it

*wondering if seun is aware of that* * checks if he is online now*

Baba Sege.

Useless pig!  How did what you typed there relate to the topic being discussed?  You dollard--always thinking with the orifice behind your empty balls!

Keep dreaming of your great grandmother--- all your family members never got to see.  Sorry Great-grannny A.J is fully accounted for.  Since you come from a family of generational orphans.  We cannot get enough of each other and I am loving it.  Meanwhile--is there anything in your block head and arse to contribute to any topic including the IT you said you graduated in?

There is a forum of technology you know?  Never once have you visited there--you yahoo vagabond!

Of all topics to spend time in--you pick the most juvenile ones like "bleaching creams, masturbation, picking up prostitutes in "5-star" hotels-in Idumota and the environs or Nigerian movies" to show how retarted your bleache-burnt arse is!  Topics that require the absence of any thinking capacity.  You stark illiterate dunce!  Keep looking for seun.  Need help?  Buffoonic gypsy like you!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by biolabee(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
@bolarge

I dont think it is fair to make that kind of sweeping statments about ladies
Some of the best pple to have managed are women (okonjo, dora and obi) and they have potrayed themselves as true afrocan women
A woman is the extension of her environment so study the environment of th epple around you

On the issue of intelligence about governors or presidents that does not have anything to do with any sex.
There is apathy in the land sand thus nobody really cares about governance,

However I agree ladies seemto worry about things which to us seem light headed but i think we are the cause\
How many guys have sat their women down and asked how the day was and proferred counsel on how to face work place challenges
Alll we do is buy clothes, shoes and take them out

Someone may see a typical guy's obseesion with 24,Matrix or Star Wars or FIFA 2006 a senseless obsession

Once again I beleive a woman is the product of her environment
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by grafikdon: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
It's just shocking how folks have turned this into another male chauvinist escapade. . . wow, and the men who 'watch' Hollywood films because of their 'high IQ' have turned Africa into a quagmire of hopelessness. Most of them watch it for the sake of entertainment, just like some of you 'intelligent' men die of cardiac arrest because of football.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by spora(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2007
Some people will come here and be posting rubbish. How can somebody come here and say we don't learn anything from Nollywood? Hasn't Nollywood taught us (courtesy of Linda Ikeji) that:

1 .   Every problem you have is spiritual.
2.    In every romance movie, someone must die.
3.    It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them!
4.    Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately.
5.    Poisoned food always tastes better.
6.    The best way to make money is by visiting a 'Babalawo'/joining a cult/sleeping with rich men.
7.    One of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil.
8.    There is never an end to your suffering, except death!
9.    With a pastor ,  all things are possible.
10.  A movie can be titled anything,  such as: The boy is mine, Face me, I face you, Two rats, Spanner, Calculator, Igala, Ijele, Igodo, Igudu, Shigidi, Eran Iya  Oshogbo  Ta longbe mu.

11.  A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not-'shelled', twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics'.

12. You are in love, you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,
*Mr. Biggs/Tantalizers: where you'll most probably see an ex while feeding each other.
*The beach: where it is imperative that you ride a donkey and carry her playfully.
*Or the best: take her to buy some new ugly clothes.

13. An Igbo movie has been made if ,
* You visit a 'Babalawo'
* A fleet of cars is shown off at regular intervals for a total of half of the movie time.
* Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is in the movie. Pete Edochie is also there too!

14. Gun shots and knock-outs sound the same!
15. Sometimes the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

16   Once you read the title and see the poster you know it all!!!(Also the soundtrack gives you a headache because it just narrates the whole story repeatedly - so much for suspense and intrigue!)

17. A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of Stella Damascus, Stephanie Okereke, Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade, Rita Dominic

18. The police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life.
19. An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year and even in longer flashbacks.
20. It is permissible to wear very dark shades at night!
21. When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs!
22. When advertising a movie, you really should shout because,  people are deaf?

23. When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford-a beautiful house, very good furniture, T.V., nice clothes, but you won't be able to send your kids to school.

24. Most especially in Yoruba movies, your gateman must be inefficient and comical. He MUST dress like a freak, be rude to all your visitors and never mind his business.

25. The bad guy always dies or gets caught by none other than the police- lol
26. The best way to hook a girl is when her car develops fault.
27. At the end of a three hour movie you'll be reminded that THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING,
28. No matter the type of movie, TO GOD BE THE GLORY is always at the end.

So, how can you say that we have not learnt anything? Abegi. Nollywood na baba!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by kingperson(m): 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2007
bob na so i see am oooooooooooo
even my sisters they always keep vigil to make sure tyhat they watch nolly wood
even with this current AMBO THING,is just another wahala,they dont allow me to listen to 9:00 o'clock news againg
please what shoud i do about it
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Dreloaded(f): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2007
Everyone knows smart people watch Yoruba movies instead anyway  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by tollu: 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
@spora, a pretty exhaustive list you have there and really close to mark i might add. Good job.

People, be proud of your movie heritage even if it bores you to the point of madness.

And why do we have a lot of girls here denying watchin Nigerian movies? It is a fact and final year theatre arts students could actually use this as a research topic - Nigerian girls and nollywood movies: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by KUNLEx: 4:00am On Nov 27, 2007
naija babes are crazy about naijamovies, do you guys know about www.naijaconnects.com, it looks like sum serious sturvs, they show naija movies online crystal clear. Still checking it out
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by 9star(m): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2007
9jah movies and 9jah chics? i cant shout!!!!

I have actually slept with different 9jah chics dat claims dey are hot
jst cus i promised to get dem yet to be released 9jah movies.

9jah chics? i cant shout, lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by eezzy(f): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2007
Yes, ladies are obsessed with Naija movies na crime!?
The reason is simply that one can relate very well with what
is happening on the screen to the point of remembering a relationship
gone sour and sympathising with the person on screen.

I watched 'The Games Men Play' and YES I admit, I was glued
to the screen, if I was cooking food would have burnt cos, which woman
who has ever suffered an unfaithful husband would not have sympathzed with
Jim Iykes wife, Jombo, or which girl who has been conned by a married man would
not have found kindred spirit with Dakore? Such are the things that keep ladies
watching these movies - you find yourself in them somehow. Men will not understand. smiley
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Lola4eva(f): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2007
@handsome-nice point
@onydachic-luv ur description of football cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
@yimiton-i feel you especially on the Enews and D10 and other countdown addictions
@spora-perfect description of nollywood, culdnt have said it any better. grin grin grin grin grin

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2007
ladyt, u sabi am. thanks for speaking out for most ladies. wink wink
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin ;Dnairalanders, una no go kill person
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2007
[color=#770077][/color] we all have things that make us happy. small stupid things that no one else can understand - like my love for chocki and wafers, cheap nonsense that they are!

let me bring it home. for people who complain that naija chics love home videos, it is nothing compared to naija guys love for english football or american rock chics or hollywood save-the-world girls (angie jolie, milla jovovich , fill in the blanks, you know u've got your personal favorite).

i just think our love for naija home videos have nothing to do with our IQ. home vids may not help to improve it, but it is not a determining factor. and no one should criticise us for doing it all day - we just found our own occupation to make us ignore YOU GUYS tongue(which i think is the crux of this complaint). just so you know how it feels when you always used to (past tense? i wish!) ignore us for a game of 22 men chasing after one ball in a foreign country, no less. even worse, when you make me wear that stupid jersey to impress your friends. here's the real catch - when you make it aso-ebi for our wedding!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by dakmanzero(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
Its not a surprise that women enjoy home movies.

Men are visual creatures, we love to look upon things that are pleasing to the eye. Thats why we enjoy movies shot in hi-def digital IMAX, great special effects, beautiful camera angles.

Some may say men are football crazy but how many of us went mad over the african cup of nations. We enjoy the premiership because of the glitz and glamour, the presentation, the speed the action the amazing skills of the players shown in glorious widescreen high definition digital tv.

Women on the other hand are more emotional- they are more in tune with the human aspect of whatever story you tell or show them. They only need the barest representation of the idea- once you have their ear with a good story they will respond with rapt attention. The closer home the story hits, the better the resonance. Crappy acting, bad camera angles, disjointed plots and illogical story devices are just minor irritations to them- for us it turns the movie into some sort of sick joke.

Nigerian movies therefore have a big advantage- they are about local subject matters which are more 'real' to the audience, (even if they are about blatantly idiotic ideas like 'magun') and so the ladies are more forgiving about the substandard aspects.

I feel that for any emerging entertainment market, there will always be a major bias towards one market segment until the medium matures.

look at video games: for over 30 years, women, girls and the elderly have been completely excluded from the target market- the focus on video quality and cutthroat competition eventually spread the audience past young boys to young men but only recently has the elderly man, the family man and the female human being been included in the audience- and it took some major leaps in technology.

The same applies to nollywood. for now, the lack of acting talent, directing skill and technology means that they have to pander to the audience that demands the least (in terms of the above) which is young and middle-aged women, the soap opera demographic.

We can only hope that the money made from them allows them to improve on other aspects of the movies, and eventually attract those of us with REAL money to spend.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by biolabee(m): 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
and the post is conclude grin

Nice yarn darkman
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by theboy0808(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2007
lol
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by choco4life(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2007
Hmmm this not apply only to ladies some guys are actually going bananas

for Nollywood,esp those away from home

Prior to my leaving Naija i rather sleep than

watch a naijan movie except for some that

make a little sense, but the case is different .

Ironically i give a little attention to Nollywood films now and some of my friends(male) are nuts for Nollywood
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by lovelyS(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2007
I never knew that NIGERIA MOVIES are loved by Most ladies until now (I thought it was only in my building). . .Believe me or not I had banged like 3 different ladies (including my former landlord's daughter) through Home Videos.Pardon me,It's not intentional they'll pushed me to it.

For me i never like watching Home video cos i believe they'all based on the same stories that will end up nonesensing your precious brain at the end of the day.So,I will rather go for American (Action,Romance,Crime etc) and related movies and have fun and gain more in Technology used in the movies.

What really amused me was the issue of this girls (Mostly neighbours) coming to my room and asking me why I've chosen to watch only American Movies that they dont really make or teach sense but full of lies and film tricks.And i wunt 4get to tell you'll that they have there own TVs in there Apartment but they just felt like to introduced NIGERIAN MOVIES to me(Like say i just come back from NewYork after 40 years sad shocked.).

To cut the story short,I started watching with them, we started cheering the ideas and the real teaching in the movies and they started turning my room into film house.Believe it or not,This experience make me know more about ladies.

Time goes on,competition arises,they wanted free ticket to my room.They wanted to have the key to my room when am off to work,each of them wanted to show others how the game is played.They started seducing me,like coming to my room in late hours when everybody's asleep.like faking to be asleep.Like pretending as if they have forgotten that my room is not theres.

So that was when i started intervening (sleeping with them one by one) Without giving them my key or my heart.

This is a story of 2 years back. . . 2005.                                                                                    AM BORN AGA
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Dreloaded(f): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2007
um who cares about who you slept with? The hell does that have to do with the discussion at hand?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by carpenter(m): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ Seun

Please don't compare home videos and sports. That's all i have to say. men!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Echidime(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2007
You people never jam yet: Nigerian Movies are CONTAMINATING the whole of African Girls,imagin a situation where 75% of Nigerians here in cameroun receiving camerounians female visitors everyday in our houses or shops just because they came to watch AFRICAN MAGIC,because they parents have notice their daughters inability to study instead they watch Nigerian movies,so this girls now has divated to visiting Naija men just to watch naija movie,and trust our men they are eating this girls raw some have droped out of school due to pregnancy,IS THIS AN END TIME Taking the form of Niaja movie

Girls will dress up in the name of going to school only for them to end up in their naija boyfriend houses and return home when school is over. These is really getting out of hand. I have been wondering maybe there is really a MYSTICAL OR OCCULTIC influence they are using to brainwash girls to be watching these movies,remember NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE UNDER THE SUN.

You are crying for just what you are seeing in Nigerian,contact your friends outside Nigerian and ask them,the story is same the whole african country that allow African Magic cable network to show in their country.

A friend of mine has slept with 25 ladies here with the promise of taking them to visit nigeria where they can see and meet our Royal majesties" Nigerian Actresses" and these stupid ladies are opening their legs for these vultures base on that simple promise that never come to pass. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by BillGatesFan(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2007
You people should be happy at least your country is improving on movies that attracts the attention of the world. Many white here love to watch your movies and that include myself too,my friends are more interested on the Occultic Nigerian movies.Don't ask me why.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by lovelyS(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2007
D-reloaded:

um who cares about who you slept with? The hell does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

Who cares what u think about my post. . .Why cant you tell us why u ladies give anything out just to watch HOME VIDEOs shocked sad angry ?

@Echidime

Thats another experience
grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Dreloaded(f): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
lovely_S:

. .Why can't you tell us why u ladies give anything out just to watch HOME VIDEOs shocked sad angry

If you read my inital post you'd see that I perfer Yoruba movies and any idiot that isnt biased knows that Yoruba movies are better than most retarded Nollywood crap

That aside Im sure I even watch better "american" movies than you do.

People whine that Nollywood vids are dumb and predictable, so are most mainstream action movies from Hollywood. The same could be said about most mainstream horror movies,. the hell is your point?

same horror crap. Boy and Girl sees haunted house. Idiotic boy and girl decide to have sex in this unknown location, Girl or Boy ends up dying by some lunatic or "demon", boy or girl finds way to save the hell. How the hell is that NOT predictable? Rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by grafikdon: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2007
D-reloaded:

If you read my inital post you'd see that I perfer Yoruba movies and any idiot that isnt biased knows that Yoruba movies are better than most retarded Nollywood crap

That is your humble opinion, anyone that disagrees with that is not exactly biased or idiotic.

D-reloaded:
People whine that Nollywood vids are dumb and predictable, so are most mainstream action movies from Hollywood. The same could be said about most mainstream horror movies,. the hell is your point?

same horror crap. Boy and Girl sees haunted house. Idiotic boy and girl decide to have sex in this unknown location, Girl or Boy ends up dying by some lunatic or "demon", boy or girl finds way to save the hell. How the hell is that NOT predictable? Rubbish.

grin grin I agree with you here. You just nailed it! They are painfully predictable but I guess people just watch them because of the excellent use of suspense, sound and visual effects.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Dreloaded(f): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2007
My opinion is never humble. Just right tongue

and why are you making excuses for those who watch the same lame horror movies with predictable plots and at the same time complaining about those who watch home vids, I assume you see the irony?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by grafikdon: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2007
D-reloaded:

My opinion is never humble. Just right tongue

and why are you making excuses for those who watch the same lame horror movies with predictable plots and at the same time complaining about those who watch home vids, I assume you see the irony?

I think you read my posts upside down. I NEVER complained about people watching home vids, just pointed that IQ has nothing to do with it, its all about entertainment, just like those who watch the predictable Hollywood horror films. ENTERTAINMENT. cool
Re: Nigerian Ladies And Nigerian Movies by Dreloaded(f): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2007
grafikdon:

I think you read my posts upside down. I NEVER complained about people watching home vids, just pointed that IQ has nothing to do with it, its all about entertainment, just like those who watch the predictable Hollywood horror films. ENTERTAINMENT. cool

Oh I know, when I said "you" I meant in general as in those complaining. pele. :p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? Nigerians Speak… / She's Succeeded In Killing My Friend "Her Husband". / You Won't Believe The Rubbish Statement My Friend Boyfriend Made Over Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.