Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? (5477 Views)

Most Intelligent Girls Are Not Pretty / Intelligent Girls Are Ostensibly Rude? / Classy, intelligent Girls With A Good Diction Over Ukwu Anytime For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by harakiri(m): 12:07am On Apr 30, 2011
@poster. . . In academics, women do well in assimilating what they thought and they pay better attention because the both sides of the brain function at the same hence the reason why women multitask easily (talking on the phone and feeding the baby at the same time. Memory retention is a big plus hence a lady can remember over 30 phone numbers while my humble self finds it difficult remembering 5. That's the good part. The "bad" part is since both sides of the brain focus on concentration, the ability of reason logically and make rational judgements is off. Instead,women act on how they "feel" at the moment. This could be disastrous in sensitive situations that require tact and sound judgement.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by BABE3: 12:11am On Apr 30, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Are you serious?

Was Albert Einstein a woman, were the Wright Brothers women?

Actually, you prove me wrong, I could go on.

Bring some facts to the table, I wanna hear this,

SMHTIFOMN (shaking my head till it falls off my neck)

You gave me/us your observation, and I simply asked for facts and statistics to justify your claim!

Your claim was:

The sexier a woman is, the dumber she is, generally.

Most of the "intelligent" women are either fat, ugly or both

So, what exactly has Albert Einstein got to do with this?    lol, Confused lots!

Give me facts that will back up your claim!!!!
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Natasha2(f): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2011
your post says why are intelligent women rear who the hell told you we are rare ? don't tell me about what you have observed cos if you were truly observant then you wouldn't have said this
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nekai(f): 12:19am On Apr 30, 2011
beejaei:

Are women genetically not disposed to being intelligent? Why do they only have bosoms and backside but no brains. I have been to Nigeria and almost ten states in the U.S. and it is all the same. It seems being intellectual is some kind of taboo among women, like if they were intellectual their womanliness will be shut by divine decree. Women, what makes you guys averse to intelligence? Men, have your experiences been like mine or different?

Personally, I think you have never left the enclave of your village. If you have really been to ten states in the U. S. You would realize that women with degrees outnumber men with degrees. Women now earn 57 percent of bachelors degrees and 59 percent of masters degrees. According to the Survey of Earned Doctorates, 2006 was the fifth year in a row in which the majority of research Ph.D.’s awarded to U.S. citizens went to women.

Obviously you attract women with the same level of intelligence as yourself. Therefore your theory of women being "averse to intelligence" is based on the flawed assumtion that the women you seem to attract are a representative cross section of the entire female population.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by BABE3: 12:22am On Apr 30, 2011
Nekai:

Personally, I think you have never left the enclave of your village. If you have really been to ten states in the U. S. You would realize that women with degrees outnumber men with degrees. Women now earn 57 percent of bachelors degrees and 59 percent of masters degrees. According to the Survey of Earned Doctorates, 2006 was the fifth year in a row in which the majority of research Ph.D.’s awarded to U.S. citizens went to women.

Obviously you attract women with the same level of intelligence as yourself. Therefore your theory of women being "averse to intelligence" is based on the flawed assumtion that the women you seem to attract are a representative cross section of the entire female population.  

GBAM!!!!  wink Nekai, thank you for taking your time to address his ignorance (Is that even the right word to use for him?). I couldn't bring myself to do it!
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Natasha2(f): 12:27am On Apr 30, 2011
Nekai:

wow you could never have been more right cheesy i'm sure the poster is very shocked now grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by iice(f): 2:57am On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

@poster. . . In academics, women do well in assimilating what they thought and they pay better attention because the both sides of the brain function at the same hence the reason why women multitask easily (talking on the phone and feeding the baby at the same time. Memory retention is a big plus hence a lady can remember over 30 phone numbers while my humble self finds it difficult remembering 5. That's the good part. The "bad" part is since both sides of the brain focus on concentration, the ability of reason logically and make rational judgements is off. Instead,women act on how they "feel" at the moment. This could be disastrous in sensitive situations that require tact and sound judgement.
Gbam
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by beejaei: 3:58am On Apr 30, 2011

Are you stupid? Do you have a brain? These are important and valid questions that need to be answered to put your reply in context. Whats up with the whole attraction business? I have made clear that I was not attracted to any of these women. I only observed the abscence of intelligence in the majority of them. While women may make up the higher percentage of degree earners, the more pertinent question is what percentage of the whole women population are these women with degrees? Answer: a minuscule percentage. So, even if there are intelligent women, they are few and far between. Plus, since when did getting a bachelor's, masters, or PhD become any evidence of intelligence. I am talking about the intelligence that is evidenced by a proper understanding of oneself and ones environment. Most women lack this I submit. lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Dsense(m): 4:28am On Apr 30, 2011
OP.
I guess this your thread  is to react against the other thread opened to bash guys undecided grin

It makes sense though . . . .Why are intelligent girls rare? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 30, 2011
yeah why are we so rare? grin
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Jenifa1: 4:38am On Apr 30, 2011
Intelligent girls are very common.

you just happen to be attracting the dumb ones. move around more.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by beejaei: 5:04am On Apr 30, 2011
@Jenifa

Are u a fool? Where did you get the whole attraction theory from?
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Jenifa1: 5:10am On Apr 30, 2011
you just listen to yourself
why would any intelligent woman want to hang around you?
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 30, 2011
There is a lot of them in Mars
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

Where you dey abi? I must come there. I must find you lol grin

Well said bro.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nekai(f): 5:33am On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

I believe that he is actually putting women down (albeit in the mildest way I've ever seen from him). He is basically saying we can do 'busy work' and fact memorization well, but that we are not as capable of higher functions of intelligence such as reasoning logically and making sound judgements, because we let our emotions cloud our thinking.

beejaei:

Are you silly? Do you have a brain? These are important and valid questions that need to be answered to put your reply in context. Whats up with the whole attraction business? I have made clear that I was not attracted to any of these women. I only observed the abscence of intelligence in the majority of them. While women may make up the higher percentage of degree earners, the more pertinent question is what percentage of the whole women population are these women with degrees? Answer: a minuscule percentage. So, even if there are intelligent women, they are few and far between. Plus, since when did getting a bachelor's, masters, or PhD become any evidence of intelligence. I am talking about the intelligence that is evidenced by a proper understanding of oneself and ones environment. Most women lack this I submit. lol

After reading this response and viewing your follow-up thread titled, 'Why Are Intelligent Guys Rare?' I realize that you are creating these threads in jest.  tongue
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nekai(f): 5:36am On Apr 30, 2011
And OP, I just noticed your signature. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by andy1(m): 5:52am On Apr 30, 2011
@op nawah 4 u oh! Whats d deal nw! First it was y r intelligent guys rare nw its d gurls u jst dey look 4 trouble oh!
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by harakiri(m): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2011
@Nekai. . . My comments aren't meant to put women down in any way but to tell it as it is. Men use one side of the brain to focus and the other side makes logical computations 24/7. It has its own disadvantages coz if he's distracted,recovery is much slower. For example, picture this : me and you are strolling through a park and some random dude bumps into us violently. Who among the two of us would be the first to start ranting and raving? It's YOU! Even before he apologises, you would have insulted his entire family tree and as a bonus, you would remind him that his head looks like a deformed coconut. A man however would analyse the situation to understand what caused him to bump in the first place. See? Its a difference in perception and NOT a put down.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nekai(f): 6:20am On Apr 30, 2011
Since I would not react that way, I consider it a put down. I find loud emotional outbursts to be extremely annoying.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by harakiri(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2011
@Nekai. . . Are you sure about that? With the outbursts you've directed towards me, i think different. . .lol
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Shanice111: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2011
As a woman who was voted best graduating student for all her degrees, I will say women are indeed intelligent. My experience with men especially the under 30s (which I wont be looking at ever again) is that they are very slow learners. Put a woman of 21 with a guy of 21 no match in terms of knowledge and focus. There are different arguments as to why women act dumb, I will just lay 3 assumptions, gathered from friends and experience.

1.) A woman would act dumb to keep a man. Call me crazy but before I got to where I am now (that is confident in my sexuality and abilities), I was always more intelligent when compared to my boyfriends. They liked me because I am beautiful, funny and smart and I made them look good on campus, in church or in their family. In those relationships, I will hear my man make silly non factual arguments and I will many times let his slide to protect his fragile manhood. Its no secret that African men like to lead, howbeit blindly sometimes. When I tried to put my arguments forward, I lost the man. But these days this babe wont settle for mediocrity, because trust me many dumb men without vision or focus parade the streets. Albert Einstein is indeed long dead and now we left with Ray Js (with all due respect to him).

2). A woman will act dumb just to get married. My ex complained all the time he hates dumb girls. He loved me because I was different from other women. I had brain beauty and class (very funny). He cheated on me with a girl who dropped out of school, who used to worship him (in his words not mine). Gimme a break fellas "worship" really? I keep worship for God, who deserves it and rewards me for reverencing him. Anyways, we parted ways and even though we friends now and he complains how silly his girl friend is that she thought London was a country, he is getting married to her.

3). Maybe a woman is dumb just because she is, Like men we have some intelligent and some who quite frankly should be shipped to mars. Wasting off on this planet and leaving productivity and family growth in the hands of many a single mum (YA DIG?).

Anyways, if you are an intelligent woman with goals out there please emulate the Oprahs of this world. There is a man for you and there is no need to settle, hence, you promote threads like this. I met a brilliant lawyer who gave up her career for her husband who beats her non stop. She regrets now 7 years later as she is incredibly miserable. So all the S. David Borhas in the house ( CEO Stanbic IBTC is female), stay focused men who appreciate us are few but they exist, until then focus still,
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by SpikesC1: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2011
I have one thing to say you know. In this mordern times,i don't judge people GENERALLY because of there class,gender,status or even a place of origin. This has caused so many problems and unneccesary hatred among the people of Nigeria,and the at world at large. I believe everyone is differient in his own nature,everybody's heart and brain doesn't work the same. People are molded and changed by there environment and EXPERIENCE,people definitrly experience and observe things differiently. You don't say because he is an Hausa man,he would be an Igbo killer,not because he is an Igbo man,he would think only about money,not because he is a Ngerian,he won't be capable,efficient and can't achieve what the whites do. We have to give everyone a chance to prove his/her self cos we are given the chance to live on earth and prove wether we're capable to live through to the paradise,and when people takes away that chance,we feel humiliated,we want revenge and we call on our God to help us.why then would we take away other people's chance just because they are Females (OP i dey talk to you).

Well my own 2 kobo for the stupid thread, actually in general AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE,men think first before acting while women act on there instinct but these days 60% of the men,yes 60% act foolishly and stupidly while the women,as in there nature to learn,don learn from the REAL men to analize situations first before acting. There is no argument in that women pass examinations and tests more than men in our schools but the guys always have a way around. So OP,you UFO's should go back to una planets and analyze humans more before coming down here to polute our forums.pls don't use search engines,it surely decieves you
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by ITbomb(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2011
I thought it's only me that noticed the feminine homo sapiens fishbrains around
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Richie4sci(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
Just as we have empty headed females we also have shit headed males. And brilliant females also exist likewise males, so there's a balance
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nekai(f): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

@Nekai. . . Are you sure about that? With the outbursts you've directed towards me, i think different. . .lol

Whatever, those weren't emotional outbursts. More like reasonable outbursts. tongue cool
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Dsense(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

yeah why are we so rare? grin

Got no clue
grin grin
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2011
D-sense:

Got no clue
grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by joanie84: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
The question was why are intelligent Girls rare? Amazing! The offensive, insultive and out of line threads i read up. It's nothing to get hot and furious about expressing who's more intelligent than who. All fingers are not equal. God did not create us all equally. He made us two of every kind. And he made just one Man and just one Woman. and he set duties to us too. unfortunately in this day women not only play their roles as female but also as male too. So my dear beejai who wants to know why intelligent women are rare its because they just are so. just as are men too.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by SpikesC1: 1:52am On May 01, 2011
joanie-84:

The question was why are intelligent Girls rare? Amazing! The offensive, insultive and out of line threads i read up. It's nothing to get hot and furious about expressing who's more intelligent than who. All fingers are not equal. God did not create us all equally. He made us two of every kind. And he made just one Man and just one Woman. and he set duties to us too. unfortunately in this day women not only play their roles as female but also as male too. So my dear beejai who wants to know why intelligent women are rare its because they just are so. just as are men too.

undecided
eeehm, ,what are you actually saying

1 Like

Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by joanie84: 7:22am On May 01, 2011
@ spikes:
there are intelligent women out there but if you're searching for one as intelligent as u are with the qualities u want its goin to be a long search.
Re: Why Are Intelligent Girls Rare? by ayosmiles(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2011
intelligence is not gender based. however each sex is dispossed 2 diff aspects of intelligence. women tend 2 av better instinct while men are generally better intellectually, though there are exceptions e.g inked nerd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Guys Like Pampering? / What Will You Do If Ur Bride Arrives Wedding Ground Like This To Marry You? Pics / I Am New Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.