Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. (1022 Views)

The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament / GOD of the Old testament vs GOD of the New testament / No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by sonmvayina(m): 6:51pm On May 25, 2021
The new testament is anti women.

Women in Christianity(new testament):
- Keep quiet (1st Corinthians 14: 34-35)
- Don't teach men (1st Timothy 2:12)
- Submit to your husband (The most famous, hehe; Ephesians 5:22-33)
(Had to run away from xtianity)

Women in/of Judaism/Old testament :
- Given authority (Judges 4-5)
- Prophesied( Exodus 15:20-21; 1st Chronicles 25:5-6, Judges 4:4-5; Isaiah 8:3,4 ; Kings 22:14; Nehemiah 4:14, Megillah 14A)
- Defeated Enemies in war (Judges 4-5)
- Supported their families and sought after for wisdom, viewed as strong and capable (Proverb 31)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On May 25, 2021
undecided

Genesis 3:16 - Eve's punishment for eating the forbidden fruit: "In pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Exodus 20:17 - In the Ten Commandments, the wife as property: "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's."

Numbers 5:12-28 - A test for women suspected of adultery: "If any man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him...and there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act...then the man shall bring his wife to the priest...[who] shall make her take an oath, saying, 'If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness'... When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself...[the water] shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be immune and be able to conceive children."

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 - A rape victim's rights, Old Testament style: "If there is a young woman, a virgin already engaged to be married, and a man meets her in the town and lies with her, you shall...stone them to death, the young woman because she did not cry for help...and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife." [If the woman is not engaged] "the man who lay with her shall give 50 shekels of silver to the young woman's father, and she shall become his wife."
Women in the Old Testament

To anyone with a keen eye,it becomes obvious that given Jesus Christ's refusal to provide for separation along gender lines in His Kingdom, what the writers of Paul's epistles attempt to do is import Old Testament ideas into Christianity, a revelation of their ignorance of the significance of the Law where God's is concerned. undecided
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by sonmvayina(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

Genesis 3:16 - Eve's punishment for eating the forbidden fruit: "In pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Exodus 20:17 - In the Ten Commandments, the wife as property: "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's."

Numbers 5:12-28 - A test for women suspected of adultery: "If any man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him...and there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act...then the man shall bring his wife to the priest...[who] shall make her take an oath, saying, 'If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness'... When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself...[the water] shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be immune and be able to conceive children."

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 - A rape victim's rights, Old Testament style: "If there is a young woman, a virgin already engaged to be married, and a man meets her in the town and lies with her, you shall...stone them to death, the young woman because she did not cry for help...and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife." [If the woman is not engaged] "the man who lay with her shall give 50 shekels of silver to the young woman's father, and she shall become his wife."
Women in the Old Testament

To anyone with a keen eye,it becomes obvious that given Jesus Christ's refusal to provide for separation along gender lines in His Kingdom, what the writers of Paul's epistles attempt to do is import Old Testament ideas into Christianity, a revelation of their ignorance of the significance of the Law where God's is concerned. undecided

I can't make heads or tails about your comment...can you be more specific...

What has God's judgements on a woman got to do with anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Recall your assertion in your OP..
sonmvayina:

Well, all of the ideas you list there are sourced from God's original judgement on woman from the beginning. undecided

However, Jesus Christ did away with that original judgement on women in 2 ways. This by

1. establishing a Kingdom that is not of this world, meaning that the original judgement against women, against life in this world, no longer hold. All woman who follow Him are no longer of this world but of His Kingdom which is not according to the rules of this world

2. And in this Kingdom of God, declaring all equal regardless of gender, age. Class/Status, nationality, religious background, ancestry etc.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 3:26pm On May 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

- Prophesied( Exodus 15:20-21; 1st Chronicles 25:5-6, Judges 4:4-5; Isaiah 8:3,4 ; Kings 22:14; Nehemiah 4:14, Megillah 14A)
- Supported their families and sought after for wisdom, viewed as strong and capable (Proverb 31)

I am inclined to agree with you, except it is not so clear cut.

Mary was an educated person who could clearly read which is why she quoted Bible that her husband a carpenter couldn't. And if she hadn't taught her son Jesus Christ how to read he would have ended up saving wood instead of fishing for the souls of human beings and being the Messiah.

Not only could Mary read but she could understand too, and clearly understood the role of Eve in acquiring knowledge and gaining wisdom and opening eyes and freeing Adam from slavery which is what she taught her son to also do. For not only does Christ feed you the Fruits of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil to empower you, he also feeds you the Fruit of the Tree of Life so that you may live.

The Old and New Testament work together, is the point. And if there had been no New Testament, only the Jews would have heard of and read the Torah which they would have guided with cherubims with flaming swords so you may not hear or read it or live eternally.

The key is to ask and knock and seek and read to understand instead of becoming a mere believer. Because it is indeed clearly written than one must not do what demons do or one will tremble and gnash one's teeth.

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2021
It is the same standard but only true Christians can solve the riddle.
Both women are equally regarded.
God never asked His prophet to anoint a female as queen over his people, never appoint a female to serve as Highpriest, never allowed a woman to serve as chief over families of His people.
So women served as assistants in the temple just as it's permitted in Christianity, they serve as prophets like in Christianity, they lead where there is no qualified men like in Christianity.
The standard remain the same.
Regarding leadership during sacred activities women must listen to what their husbands say.
Primarily God's laws regarding leadership in the family circle in anything pertaining to sacred activities are always directed to MAN not WOMAN! Deuteronomy 6:4-8
In the Old Testament the daughters of a chieftain had to go and meet Moses for their own inheritance because women were not given such privileges whereas their own father had no sons! Numbers 27:1-11
But for you to know that they don't have equal privileges like men, their cousins protested that since they've gotten the inheritance that's supposed to remain in their families what will happen when they're married? Of course their inheritance will become their husband's! undecided
So it was concluded that the daughters of zelophehad mustn't marry outside their family circle so that the inheritance will remain with the family. Number 36:1-13
Note that a male child from that family could marry from any other tribe in Israel but the daughters of zelophehad must not try such otherwise they will loose the inheritance apportioned to them! undecided
So it is still the same standard but only true Christians can TEACH you this things! Daniel 12:10 smiley

sonmvayina:

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13pm On May 28, 2021
See Liar!

I know you are very unwell so this is going to be my only comment to you on this thread, hopefully!

sonmvayina:

- Given authority (Judges 4-5)/Judges 4:4-5;

I stand to be corrected but Deborah was The Only Woman who reached the height of men! No other woman attained that honour

sonmvayina:

- Prophesied( Exodus 15:20-21;

When did worshiping The Lord become "Prophecy"?

sonmvayina:

1st Chronicles 25:5-6,

Chronicles 25 emphasized "the sons" not sons and daughters and by verse 7 we see they are what we call "Choir" today and not propheciers.

I tire to proceed for I know there will be flaws in the remainder.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25pm On May 28, 2021
budaatum:

Mary was an educated person who could clearly read which is why she quoted Bible that her husband a carpenter couldn't. And if she hadn't taught her son Jesus Christ how to read he would have ended up saving wood instead of fishing for the souls of human beings and being the Messiah.

You just had to come sell your weed. Does it take an educated person to give education to a child?

Don't bother, your great grandfather/mother in the village will call you a liar for you were educated to read while they were not.

budaatum:

"...and read to understand"

Understanding cometh not by reading But is Given by The Lord! James 1:5 and Proverbs generally most particularly 2:6

But will you heed?
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 1:08am On May 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Does it take an educated person to give education to a child?
I would have taught so, that it would "take an educated person to give education to a child". It would after all be almost impossible for a person uneducated in the etiquette of please and thank you to even bother to teach it to a child, don't you think?

Dtruthspeaker:
Understanding cometh not by reading But is Given by The Lord! James 1:5 and Proverbs generally most particularly 2:6

But will you heed?

Now that is indeed an odd thing to say about a book, would you not agree, or are books not made for reading? Also, you tell lies because the actual truth is that all your very own understanding comes from a book you read, or did it not?

"In the beginning was the Word", is something I read somewhere that you might have never read, because if you had read it you ought to know that the Law of Words must include reading somehow.

As for understanding as it pertains to words and books, do let me know how you get understanding of the words in books without reading. And in this modern world, "reading" includes listening to it read to you.

And note that nothing you've posted here is about the fact that Mary was educated and she educated her Child.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

I would have taught so, that it would "take an educated person to give education to a child". It would after all be almost impossible for a person uneducated in the etiquette of please and thank you to even bother to teach it to a child, don't you think?

grin my grandmother, taught her parents "please' and "thank you" and other "simple things".

budaatum:

Now that is indeed an odd thing to say about a book, would you not agree, or are books not made for reading?

See the proof of the "lack of understanding" I complained about? Did I say "books not made for reading?" Rather that "UNDERSTANDING cometh not by reading? Key word "UNDERSTANDING" not "reading".

But of course, in the Absence of "Understanding", you did not understand even this simple "reading".

budaatum:

And note that nothing you've posted here is about the fact that Mary was educated and she educated her Child.

Another failure to understand and that is besides the fact that you have added to scripture what was not there or inferred.

But now I understand that you say these things because you lack understanding and you therefore have to fill the gaps from your our store.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by orunto27: 8:13am On May 30, 2021
OLD TESTAMENT WOMEN WERE MAJORLY DAUGHTERS OF EVE. THEY DERIVED THEIR AUTHORITIES AND DISCRETIONS FROM SATAN, THE SERPENT.

NEW BLENDAS ARE IMITATORS OF THE VIRGIN MARY. THEY'RE APOSTLES AND LOVERS OF THE LIGHT, THE GOOD AND THE LIFE OF CHRIST. THEY BLEEP BETTER THAN THE OLD POTS.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by orunto27: 8:21am On May 30, 2021
sonmvayina:

I just wonder.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by orunto27: 8:30am On May 30, 2021
Old Women served under Judgement of God.

The New, up till now, are simply SUFFRAGETTES AND LESBIANS OF OUR TIME.

MAY GOD DELIVER US ALL IJN AMEN AMEN AND AMEN.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by orunto27: 8:38am On May 30, 2021
Men nowadays are JIGOLOES AND MUCH MORE DUBIOUS THAN WOMEN.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by orunto27: 8:52am On May 30, 2021
MARY WAS ALWAYS INSPIRED BY GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS AND WISDOM.

THE SCROLLS WERE COLLATED ONLY FOR THE RABBIOLES.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 9:07am On May 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
See the proof of the "lack of understanding" I complained about? Did I say "books not made for reading?" Rather that "UNDERSTANDING cometh not by reading? Key word "UNDERSTANDING" not "reading".

But of course, in the Absence of "Understanding", you did not understand even this simple "reading".

You will hopefully understand my dilemma in engaging with you with written words if you fail to place reading at the very beginning of any attempt to understand what is being said, because not only would you not bother to make yourself to be understood when yiu write words, but neither would you attempt to understand the words one writes.

What sense after all do you expect to be made from your "grandmother, taught her parents "please' and "thank you" and other "simple things"", apart from the fact that when the okete grows it sucks its child's breasts, which is not exactly in context of this thread?
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:23am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

...if you fail to place reading at the very beginning of any attempt to understand what is being said,

We are not talking about reading but about Your Inability To UNDERSTAND TRULY" what you read, that is the problem you have.

Understanding is Given by The Lord!

Seek Him to Get it! That is the Only Way!
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 10:25am On May 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We are not about reading but about Your Inability To UNDERSTAND TRULY" what you read, that is the problem you have.

If you say so dtruth.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 10:27am On May 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Understanding is Given by The Lord!

Seek it!

Thanks and praise do I give to the understanding that I am already given. And I am assured that by continuing to use it, like a talent shall more be given unto me in Jesus Mighty Name I pray, Amen.

budaatum:

Start small small please Max, for we are but mere human beings and should start with:

How do MaxInDHouse and budaatum stop warring and killing one another in the future?

Because warring and killing one another is exactly what we do to one another on here in thread after thread where we fail to love one another just because we do not worship under the same roof.

And the [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A27-36&version=KJV]answer is here[/url], Max, as written to have been taught to us by Christ.
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:21am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

Thanks and praise do I give to the understanding that I am already given...

You better Change your Giver because the "understanding" he gives you is very very horrible and a Fake One.

True Understanding maketh thy words beyond reproach and condemnation Correctly Silencing every opposition, Rightly and Validly and you are never able to validly and right fully establish any of your shitty claims, always trying to depart from the issue (I actually do appreciate that I see you struggling and attempting to stay with the issue in focus and to veer away EXCEPT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE RUN OUT OUT OF A REASONABLE AND VALID ANSWER, WHICH DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN TRUE UNDERSTANDING IS RECEIVED!)
Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by budaatum: 11:28am On May 30, 2021
I wonder where you get the understanding you have that makes what you have written beliw come forth abundantly from your heart because it very obviously shows itself for what it is.

Dtruthspeaker:

You better Change your Giver because the "understanding" he gives you is very very horrible and a Fake One.

True Understanding maketh thy words beyond reproach and condemnation Correctly Silencing every opposition, Rightly and Validly and you are never able to validly and right fully establish any of your shitty claims, always trying to depart from the issue (I actually do appreciate that I see you struggling and attempting to stay with the issue in focus and to veer away EXCEPT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE RUN OUT OUT OF A REASONABLE AND VALID ANSWER, WHICH DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN TRUE UNDERSTANDING IS RECEIVED!)

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by luvmijeje(f): 12:20pm On May 30, 2021
There is no difference. The Bible is written by Chauvinist men.

1 Like

Re: Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. by Image123(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2021
There's nothing anti woman there, it's simply plain reality. Women are not men, nonetheless they occupy a special place in the scheme of things.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Was Killed For Preaching; Mohammed Died On A Teenager During A Sex Romp / Does God Need Your Money? / The Beauty Of Maths!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.