Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending (9283 Views)

Who Blinks First As APC Presidential Ticket Narrows Between GEJ And Tinubu / Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by NewFolm4(m): 5:42am On May 26, 2021
As part of its ongoing probe of the finances of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has beamed its searchlight on at least 10 expenditure items in the party’s financial records.

This was sequel to a petition filed by a now expelled member of the PDP, Kassim Afegbua, who alleged, among other things, that the party leadership had yet to account for N10bn funds released from the sale of nomination forms.

A document obtained by The PUNCH in Abuja on Tuesday indicated that the items included a total of N243.8m as legal and other professional charges to consultants in 12 transactions and a total of N78.9m for transport and travel expenses.

Out of the N243.8m paid as legal fees, N78m was paid out on November 1, 2018, while N36.3m was paid out on November 14, 2018.

Under transport and travel expenses, where a total of N78.9m was paid out, N12.9m was said to have been used to charter an aircraft on October 4, 2018.

The EFCC is also seeking clarification on the payment of N264, 417,808 under the sub-head loan repayment.

A source privy to the investigations said, “What is of interest to the commission is the case of money laundering.

“Some of these payments were either not made through financial institutions or routed through personal accounts of individuals,” he added.

In a related development, the EFCC has invited the petitioner, Afegbua, to shed light on his petition.

He was asked to provide supporting documents and evidence if any to buttress his allegations.

Afegbua, a former Edo State commissioner for information, confirmed the development to our correspondent.

He explained that he was invited to write a statement and share information.

“All I want is for my party to be accountable. We cannot hold the ruling party to account if we do not keep our house in order. The banking regulations say all transactions above N10m must pass through a financial institution; this was not the case with my party, the PDP, under the present leadership,” he added.

When reminded that he had been expelled from the party, Afegbua said, “My purported expulsion is an exercise in futility because it did not follow due process as stipulated in the PDP constitution which I have read several times over.

“There are clear guidelines on discipline. There are processes; it begins from the ward level before it goes to the state, then the zonal before it gets to the national.

“First and foremost, nobody laid a complaint against me; there was no committee set up to investigate any imaginary allegation against me. I was not invited to face any committee. Only yesterday, my ward executives in Okpella told the whole world that I remain a bonafide member of the party because they have no problem with me.

“Unless the process is initiated from the ward level, the national cannot take any action. So, what Secondus did using the state chairman is fraudulent.”

The PDP Board of Trustees, in response to the EFCC investigation, said the party was not answerable to the EFCC but the Independent National Electoral Commission, which was the constitutionally recognised body to oversee political parties.

The Chairman of the BoT, Senator Walid Jibrin, said the interest of the EFCC in the affairs of the party was strange.

He also accused Afegbua of ignoring the party’s time-tested procedure of lodging complaints with the relevant party organs before seeking external help.

Jibrin said, “INEC is the regulatory organ of all political parties and the PDP is inclusive. The PDP account has been audited by a reputable chattered firm and the report is with INEC and the body has not raised any objection on the account of the party.

“It is both constitutionally wrong for the EFCC to intervene in issues that are purely of political parties and Kasim Afegbua did not follow due process in this case.”
https://punchng.com/efcc-narrows-n10bn-fraud-probe-to-10-pdp-items-spending/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Pmpm: 6:02am On May 26, 2021
Everytimefraud in naija

Anyways

Nigerian Man catches His Prophet sleeping with his wife, Says He won't Go To Church again (!8+ video).Watch The Video>> HERE
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by greatiyk4u(m): 6:05am On May 26, 2021
There was a party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by yanabasee1(m): 6:34am On May 26, 2021
What about that Buhari's son in-law fraud case?

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:36am On May 26, 2021
Is the EFCC still pretending to fight corruption?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by temitope27(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2021
Ole ni everybody
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Grace001: 6:40am On May 26, 2021
This one na IGG initial gragra

We won’t hear anything about it again

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Koryc: 7:14am On May 26, 2021
Looting everywhere
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Firstclass247: 7:14am On May 26, 2021
Hello house

I wanted open a thread for this. But I'm new user.

I'm 22, with one hand work, tilling work to be precise. but guess what? Since 2018 I started doing this work, I never boost of 40k in my account which is quite disdaining.

Not that I never make such. Is just that this kind of work is a dirty job as dey said. So we are being looked down on. For somebody to pay you complete is a miracle. Where I worked now I made more than 80k, but don't be surprised that I was going home with less than 30k which cover my expenses. And this is fully against my reason of learning this work, which is footing my University education bill.

Don't be surprised that this work never even gave time to write Jamb.

This man we work for Is just good for bringing 30k, he's only interested in his business no calls, no payment over two weeks now. People into this set of work will testify.

I never calculate the hardship of the this job

That is it, from site to site.

But now, iv decided to learn another work. But my question now is between barbing and phone repair which one is more lucrative and also will make a provision for my accademic.

Please guys I need your input.
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Militant30: 7:15am On May 26, 2021
Ds
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by BigDawsNet: 7:15am On May 26, 2021
The government is so out of control. It is so bloated and infested with fraud and deceit and corruption and abuse of power.
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Nobody: 7:15am On May 26, 2021
See legal fees, this Mike oyakhame used PDP hammer oooo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by stanley000: 7:16am On May 26, 2021
Offcourse it will be "pdp".
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by anonymous1759(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2021
angry
Awon hard working Nigerian Youth don't pounce on thread like this .

Infact politicians don't make them feel miserable or Lazy. Their political leaders don't steal from them or give Nigeria a bad name like their stories of looting is not on the internet like the cases of Yahoo bois.
Nonsense Set of badbelle people.

Before you quote me Governors steals from their States to fund party activities. Monies meant for infrastructure are used to service a political party. That actions affects you directly that's what you should be worried about .

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by melodyisaac: 7:17am On May 26, 2021
A
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by jchioma: 7:18am On May 26, 2021
EFCC should extend their probe to APC also, after all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2021
Selective probing grin
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by melodyisaac: 7:19am On May 26, 2021
Where is vulture griller ? Tell him that food is ready, it's been served hot hot grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by new2012: 7:30am On May 26, 2021
The Bullion van matter was shut, APC expenses never spoke of. The Bullion van complaints ignored. No moral justification to review another party's finance

biased Umpire

1 Like

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Simplythebest: 7:33am On May 26, 2021
But the petition was about 10b for Edo election. So this 2018 money they are talking about did Edo election happened in 2018. EFCC should focus on their core mandate and stop being use by APC to harass opponents. EFCC now is only after opposition parties and yahoo boys thats why everyone want to belong to APC in other to save her head. What a country

1 Like

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by iampeterben(m): 7:35am On May 26, 2021
Thief dey call his fellow thief Ole!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by menacetosociety: 7:37am On May 26, 2021
PDP only?what a useless government!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by ursullalinda(f): 7:44am On May 26, 2021
[quote author=Firstclass247 post=102071473]Hello house

I wanted open a thread for this. But I'm new user.

I'm 22, with one hand work, tilling work to be precise. but guess what? Since 2018 I started doing this work, I never boost of 40k in my account which is quite disdaining.

Not that I never make such. Is just that this kind of work is a dirty job as dey said. So we are being looked down on. For somebody to pay you complete is a miracle. Where I worked now I made more than 80k, but don't be surprised that I was going home with less than 30k which cover my expenses. And this is fully against my reason of learning this work, which is footing my University education bill.

Don't be surprised that this work never even gave time to write Jamb.

This man we work for Is just good for bringing 30k, he's only interested in his business no calls, no payment over two weeks now. People into this set of work will testify.

I never calculate the hardship of the this job

That is it, from site to site.

But now, iv decided to learn another work. But my question now is between barbing and phone repair which one is more lucrative and also will make a provision for my accademic.

Please guys I need your input.

I think phone repair might be more time consuming......why not barbing so you can always do it at your spare time.
Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by ThePlugg(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2021
Dis guy de para se dem chase am comot hhmm,since ehn de with them...ehn don file any petition

Re: EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending by Adeolajude(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2021
By God's grace one day they will loot it finish and everything will be left with nothing but aftermath destruction of chronic looting..then eyes go clear..I hate Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? / Everyone In This Pic Including Those At The Background Are All Dead / Why Secondus May Not Return To His Position As PDP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.