Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? (2008 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On May 27, 2021
Jman24:
Lol. And you could not back up this thoughts of yours with a single Bible passage.?
Automation grin
if "read that Book for yourself" , obviously, the bible, is not back up enough for you, them I am afraid no one can help you in truly understanding the dynamics between the characters involved? undecided
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Jman24(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
if "read that Book for yourself" , obviously, the bible, is not back up enough for you, them I am afraid no one can help you in truly understanding the dynamics between the characters involved? undecided

Dynamics grin
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:46pm On May 27, 2021
iceking4:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.
Deu. 29:29 "the secret things belong to God, but the revealed he has given to the sons of men"

it is good we understand what we believe and to hold onto the truth, but our believe must not be hinged on understanding alone but on FAITH.

"for the most beautiful realities are they that are hidden"

GOD BLESS YOU BRO!!!

All praise belong to God Most High Who has poured His mercies upon the guilty and made a way that they may remove themselves from their condemnation.

Blessed is His Holy and Great Name Forever and ever, Amen.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On May 27, 2021
Workch:
Satans death would have totally solved the problem.

That’s logical enough

I know you hate me but I would stand against you when you are wrong. The logic you do not see also is that Satan was supposed to live in eternal shame and scorn for every creation treated him as an outcast and a leper and were supposed to have treated him so, including man.

It is exactly as a shamed thief who has not been cast into prison or deleted but he moves about IN SHAME as An Example.

So it was not a problem for no one expects that anyone to take up, accommodate or even admire a Shamed Person exactly as no one will want to be connected to a known rapist or thief.

And even if that happens, it is still not a problem for it means that such person was a Satan in hiding and hibernation too.

Therefore, Satan is only capturing his fellow evil selfs!
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On May 27, 2021
kingxsamz:
Their number one excuse is that their god is merciful and it would be unjust to kill Satan as everyone will think the god is wicked.
Number 2 excuse is that Satan cannot die.
If the god can't kill Satan, then why is it a god?

So you see you were very Wrong on what you thought we would have said and now you know how Wrong you are and how much you do not know God or the followers of God!
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So you see you were very Wrong on what you thought we would have said and now you know how Wrong you are and how much you do not know God or the followers of God!

Eyah, how sad. cry
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 7:47pm On May 27, 2021
passion007:
The question is in the attached pic.
Thought provoking, isn't it?

I am wondering which scripture or verse you read that state that God killed his son.

Are you making assumption? It will be good to read the scriptures yourself than having to distribute what you don't know or have no knowledge about.

Those who killed Jesus was well documented and stated all through the scriptures. I have never seen any of it pointing to God as the killer.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by iramure(m): 9:19pm On May 27, 2021
Bible is written only for the gullibles
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2021
OP if I tell you that the story is a greek/Roman fabrication that never really happened. Will it help?

God already gave us a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd chronicles 7:14. God is one lord Deuteronomy 6:4.

We are all sons of God.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 10:56pm On May 27, 2021
hupernikao:

I am wondering which scripture or verse you read that state that God killed his son.

Are you making assumption? It will be good to read the scriptures yourself than having to distribute what you don't know or have no knowledge about.

Those who killed Jesus was well documented and stated all through the scriptures. I have never seen any of it pointing to God as the killer.

What are you on about? You're clearly the one needing to study the scriptures.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..."

"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

Does this read like "they killed Jesus", or does it read like God's ultimate plan?
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 11:52pm On May 27, 2021
passion007:

What are you on about? You're clearly the one needing to study the scriptures.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..."

"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

Does this read like "they killed Jesus", or does it read like God's ultimate plan?

Calm down, dont be tensed. You dont do Bible study by being tensed from the first point.

Go and read the OP again before commenting.
The OP is not speaking about ultimate plan but a killer. Always read questions properly. He even gave you a poser, read OP assertion below.

KILLING His only Son for our sins instead of KILLING Satan.

This is from a wrong premise of the scriptures which you are also defending partially, but you will hook on OP poser.

OP emphasis is that God killed Jesus. Dont loose focus on question asked. So if you think God killed Jesus, what you should be showing now is the scriptures that says God killed Jesus, not scriptures of Ultimate plan and purpose. He didnt ask you if God knew he will die or God plan he will die. He said God killed him Sir. So show the texts.

Show me the scriptures that says God killed Jesus. not an assumption, or scrapping of scriptures to mean what it didnt mean. There are over 50 scriptures that point directly to those/who killed Jesus, but its like we like to add mystery where it is not needed.

Lastly, know that as false as the OP write up is, it is an intelligent question that raise much about those who believed God killed Jesus, a very poor and unscriptural theology. This is the reason the thread has been filled with unnecessary ranting, indirect avoidance of what is asked and a claim of "you cant understand God's ways" by those who are supposed to explain the OP submission.

God didnt kill Jesus Sir, Men did, the Jews did. That is what the scriptures teaches.

All synoptics - Matthew, mark, Luke, John, Acts 2, Acts 3, Acts 5, Acts 7, Acts 8, Acts 10, Acts 16, Acts 19, Acts 20, Acts 22....., 1 Cor 2, etc..

That is what the scriptures teaches. All the scriptures.

Was this in God's foreknowledge and his plan for man's salvation. Yes

Did God kill him? No Sir. Scriptures never taught that. Let us stay with the scriptures.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 11:56pm On May 27, 2021
hupernikao:

Calm down, dont be tensed. You dont do Bible study by being tensed from the first point.

Go and read the OP again before commenting.
The OP is not speaking about ultimate plan but a killer. Always read questions properly. He even gave you a poser, read OP assertion below.

KILLING His only Son for our sins instead of KILLING Satan.

This is from a wrong premise of the scriptures which you are also defending now.

OP emphasis is that God killed Jesus. Dont loose focus on question asked. So if you think God killed Jesus, what you should be showing now is the scriptures that says God killed Jesus, not scriptures of Ultimate plan and purpose. He didnt ask you if God knew he will die or God plan he will die. He said God killed him Sir. So show the texts.

Show me the scriptures that says God killed Jesus. not an assumption, or scrapping of scriptures to mean what it didnt mean. There are over 50 scriptures that point directly to those/who killed Jesus, but its like we like to add mystery where it is not needed.

Lastly, know that as false as the OP write up is, it is an intelligent question that raise much about those who believed God killed Jesus, a very poor and unscriptural theology. This is the reason the thread has been filled with unnecessary ranting, indirect avoidance of what is asked and a claim of "you cant understand God's ways" by those who are supposed to explain the OP submission.

God didnt kill Jesus Sir, Men did, the Jews did. That is what the scriptures teaches.

All synoptics - Matthew, mark, Luke, John, Acts 2, Acts 3, Acts 5, Acts 7, Acts 8, Acts 10, Acts 16, Acts 19, Acts 20, Acts 22....., 1 Cor 2, etc..

That is what the scriptures teaches. All the scriptures.

Was this in God's foreknowledge and his plan for man's salvation. Yes

Did God kill him? No Sir. Scriptures never taught that. Let us stay with the scriptures.
You've lost the plot, mate. �
And you think I need to calm down lol
I'm the OP, just in case that bit isn't clear enough
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 12:04am On May 28, 2021
Workch:
Satans death would have totally solved the problem.

That’s logical enough

God didnt kill Jesus Sir, it wasnt taught in the bible that God did.

Acts 4
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Observe God's action is to raise him. Man killed him.

Acts 5
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Observe God's action, raised him, man killed him.

Acts 10
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Same consistency here. God raised him to life.

I Thessalonians 2:14-15
14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus
, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

You will see this all consistent with all the scriptures. It is a false premise to claim God killed Jesus. If you are taught that, i am sorry, it was wrong.

God isnt a killer but a life giver Sir. That is what you will see and receive when you believe the scriptures as it is inspired and preached.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 12:07am On May 28, 2021
passion007:

You've lost the plot, mate. �
And you think I need to calm down lol
I'm the OP, just in case that bit isn't clear enough

So, what is the plot?

Your premise is that God killed Jesus. Point to where you see such in the Bible.

I hope you arent relying on assumptions.

So, state your case from the scriptures.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 12:22am On May 28, 2021
hupernikao:

So, what is the plot?

Your premise is that God killed Jesus. Point to where you see such in the Bible.

I hope you arent relying on assumptions.

So, state your case from the scriptures.
Could you bother to read the earlier bible verses I posted? In them, the death of Christ is depicted
as God's plan. The Jews would not crucify him, if God did not will it to happen that way.

"Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day"

"Killing" Christ is exactly what God planned, and he used the Jews to effect the plan.

I don't really see what the point of debate is, if I'm honest
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Workch: 12:26am On May 28, 2021
hupernikao:

God didnt kill Jesus Sir, it wasnt taught in the bible that God did.

Acts 4
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Observe God's action is to raise him. Man killed him.

Acts 5
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Observe God's action, raised him, man killed him.

Acts 10
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Same consistency here. God raised him to life.

I Thessalonians 2:14-15
14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus
, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

You will see this all consistent with all the scriptures. It is a false premise to claim God killed Jesus. If you are taught that, i am sorry, it was wrong.

God isnt a killer but a life giver Sir. That is what you will see and receive when you believe the scriptures as it is inspired and preached.
God Actually killed more people in the Bible than Satan. About more than 2million people more than Satan

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 12:37am On May 28, 2021
passion007:
Could you bother to read the earlier bible verses I posted? In them, the death of Christ is depicted
as God's plan. The Jews would not crucify him, if God did not will it to happen that way.

"Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day"

"Killing" Christ is exactly what God planned, and he used the Jews to effect the plan.

I don't really see what the point of debate is, if I'm honest

The reason you arent seeing the point of debate is because you cant find any scripture to support your premise. I have given you scriptures. There are still over 40, that pointed clearly who killed Jesus. Jesus said it, Peter said it, Paul said it, Luke said it, John said it.

You premise is wrong, totally wrong. Was it God that betrayed Jesus or Judas did? Since you claim when it is in God's plan, then God is responsible. So can we conclude that God betrayed Jesus instead of saying Judas did? Likewise it is God that divided his cloth not the soldiers. Very wrong premise.

The truth is , Your OP didnt speak about God's plan, why changing your stand now. In your OP, you said God killed him, that means you should agree now that you lied, that you are speaking about God's plan. Better put, it is in God's plan that he should suffer and die. He didnt kill him. That will become a joke and a drama.

So, avoid stating things you arent sure of or having scriptural backings on. I expect you to take a wholistic reading of the scriptures before you make a theological conclusion.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 12:42am On May 28, 2021
Workch:
God Actually killed more people in the Bible than Satan. About more than 2million people more than Satan

Okay.

You know that we all look but see differently. I cant be responsible for what you see with your eyes when looking at the scriptures.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 12:49am On May 28, 2021
hupernikao:

The reason you arent seeing the point of debate is because you cant find any scripture to support your premise. I have given you scriptures. There are still over 40, that pointed clearly who killed Jesus. Jesus said it, Peter said it, Paul said it, Luke said it, John said it.

You premise is wrong, totally wrong. Was it God that betrayed Jesus or Judas did? Since you claim when it is in God's plan, then God is responsible. So can we conclude that God betrayed Jesus instead of saying Judas did? Likewise it is God that divided his cloth not the soldiers. Very wrong premise.

The truth is , Your OP didnt speak about God's plan, why changing your stand now. In your OP, you said God killed him, that means you should agree now that you lied, that you are speaking about God's plan. Better put, it is in God's plan that he should suffer and die. He didnt kill him. That will become a joke and a drama.

So, avoid stating things you arent sure of or having scriptural backings on. I expect you to take a wholistic reading of the scriptures before you make a theological conclusion.

The original post is clear: why would God kill his only son instead of killing Satan?

You started to nitpick, stating it was the Jews who killed Jesus.

My response is to clarify that God had foreordained that Christ will die for the sins of the world. God had long decided on the fate of Jesus - which is certain death. Whether at the hands of the Jews or inn the belly of a whale is irrelevant to the story

Then you start to pick holes at this second point too.

It would appear you haven't any point against the original post, but you are just making up points for debate as you go along.

The original question still stands, if you could be bothered not to nitpick.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 12:58am On May 28, 2021
passion007:

The original post is clear: why would God kill his only son instead of killing Satan?

My response is to clarify that God had foreordained that Christ will die for the sins of the world. God had long decided on the fate of Jesus - which is certain death. Whether at the hands of the Jews or inn the belly of a whale is irrelevant to the story

It would appear you haven't any point against the original post, but you are just making up points for debate as you go along.

I have asked you two simple questions that will allow us clear this. I will repeat them again.

Since you claimed God killed Jesus because he foreordained, can we say also.

1. God was the one who betrayed Jesus, not Judas since it was foreordained.
2. God was the one who tore his cloth and divide it, since it was also foreordained.
3. Can we likewise says, God was the one who lied against Christ not the Jews, since God foreordained it?

Please answer this, then we can claim God killed Jesus not the Jews even when scriptures was loud to say its the Jews.

Your knowledge of Christ death is not what the bible teaches. Foreordained wasnt taught as you interpreted too.

You need to go again and re-read your premise of this OP. It was a wrong believe. Bible never taught that. Go and change it.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 1:03am On May 28, 2021
passion007:

And for the facts that i also showed you several scriptures pointing to the Jews as Christ killer yet you neglect that, it is not so good of you.

All through the synoptics, all through Acts, 2,3,4,6,7,9,10,13,19,20,21, ! Cor 2, 1 Thess. Same explanations.

Jesus, Peter, Paul, John, Luke all said the same thing. Should we take it that they were wrong or didnt they understand God foreordaining?
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 8:30am On May 28, 2021
hupernikao:

And for the facts that i also showed you several scriptures pointing to the Jews as Christ killer yet you neglect that, it is not so good of you.

All through the synoptics, all through Acts, 2,3,4,6,7,9,10,13,19,20,21, ! Cor 2, 1 Thess. Same explanations.

Jesus, Peter, Paul, John, Luke all said the same thing. Should we take it that they were wrong or didnt they understand God foreordaining?

They all very clearly understood that Christ was foreordained to suffer and die. Apparently you're the only one who doesn't wink

1) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

2) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

3) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day

4)Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

You can see the common themes of foreordaining and finality.
Even from the foundation of the world, Christ knew he would suffer and die.
He's called the Lamb of God for this reason that God chose him to die. Even when the apostles tried to resist him saying that he would die, Christ said to them "Get behind me, Satan!".
Interfering with his death would be against God's plan.

Your point of argument seems to revolve around me saying that God killed Jesus. I could say God sacrificed Jesus - which will be gentle on your sensibilities, - but I won't.
To sacrifice is to kill, I should hope you know that much.

When you warm up to this reality, then we can bring this unnecessary detour to an end, and actually answer the original question. Why did God kill his dearest and best, rather than kill the devil once and for all?
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54am On May 28, 2021
passion007:

Now you have revealed your True Thoughts.

"To sacrifice is to kill,". The Accurate and True Answer is that there are 2 Disconnected Truths in there and not 1 as you so represent.

1) To Sacrifice is not Always to kill but "To Lose". A father can sacrifice his son for service, to pay a debt or daughter, for marriage, to acquire connection.

In these scenario, None was killed!

And thus, To Sacrifice is not Always to kill!

2) The Sacrifice TO SAVE A LOVED ONE (but you elected to eye the killing and not "The Saving" which is the Purpose of the Sacrifice, for even if there is no killing, A Sacrifice has still been made.

For there can be a A Sacrifice Without Killing as there is Also A Killing even Without Sacrifice.

So in all, you require repairs!

passion007:

Why did God kill his dearest and best,..

Having addressed your True Problem above, I Clearly State that God did not Kill His Dearest and Cherished, He Only Offered and Gave Up His Love One.

Others killed Him Whilst they Also had the Right and Power to Refuse Killing Him and Allow Him to return to His Father Peacefully, if they wanted, but they did not choose that option which was available.

Exactly as the Father exercised His Rights and Options, So Too did the Murderers Exercise their own Rights and Options when it became theirs to exercise.

Equation Balanced and Both Parties Exercised their Rights.

passion007:

...rather than kill the devil once and for all?

Now you are asking about God's Plan and God's Mind and I Answer That it was the Move God, The Chess Champion elected to make because He knew that the deleting of Satan will not solve anything.

Did you not consider that another Satan can still choose to replace Satan?

Satan is not a problem but people were Stupid to take him up and make him their problem exactly like housing that bad relation you know you should not have allowed to enter your house. You manufactured your own problems for yourself so why should your neighbour solve it for you when it does not affect him?

And should your neighbour attempt to solve it for you can you and would you determine how he should choose to solve it?

After all, it is not your own son that you are losing or sacrificing but His own Son, So wouldn't you rather be thankful that your problem is being solved by another who has no business solving it, rather than complain about the methods by which He Chose to Solve it?

After all it is His Son and not yours, so e no concern you, Stay your lane!

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 10:11am On May 28, 2021
Are you the same person as hupernikao?
I wouldn't want to presume that before responding to you.
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you have revealed your True Thoughts.

"To sacrifice is to kill,". The Accurate and True Answer is that there are 2 Disconnected Truths in there and not 1 as you so represent.

1) To Sacrifice is not Always to kill but "To Lose". A father can sacrifice his son for service, to pay a debt or daughter, for marriage, to acquire connection.

In these scenario, None was killed!

And thus, To Sacrifice is not Always to kill!

2) The Sacrifice TO SAVE A LOVED ONE (but you elected to eye the killing and not "The Saving" which is the Purpose of the Sacrifice, for even if there is no killing, A Sacrifice has still been made.

For there can be a A Sacrifice Without Killing as there is Also A Killing even Without Sacrifice.

So in all, you require repairs!

Having addressed your True Problem above, I Clearly State that God did not Kill His Dearest and Cherished, He Only Offered and Gave Up His Love One.

Others killed Him Whilst they Also had the Right and Power to Refuse Killing Him and Allow Him to return to His Father Peacefully, if they wanted, but they did not choose that option which was available.

Exactly as the Father exercised His Rights and Options, So Too did the Murderers Exercise their own Rights and Options when it became theirs to exercise.

Equation Balanced and Both Parties Exercised their Rights.

Now you are asking about God's Plan and God's Mind and I Answer That it was the Move God, The Chess Champion elected to make because He knew that the deleting of Satan will not solve anything.

Did you not consider that another Satan can still choose to replace Satan?

Satan is not a problem but people were Stupid to take him up and make him their problem exactly like housing that bad relation you know you should not have allowed to enter your house. You manufactured your own problems for yourself so why should your neighbour solve it for you when it does not affect him?

And should your neighbour attempt to solve it for you can you and would you determine how he should choose to solve it?

After all, it is not your own son that you are losing or sacrificing but His own Son, So wouldn't you rather be thankful that your problem is being solved by another who has no business solving it, rather than complain about the methods by which He Chose to Solve it?

After all it is His Son and not yours, so e no concern you, Stay your lane!

Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:46pm On May 28, 2021
passion007:
Are you the same person as hupernikao?
I wouldn't want to presume that before responding to you.

No, I am not but by this your omnibus statement. "To sacrifice is to kill, I should hope you know that much.

When you warm up to this reality, then we can bring this unnecessary detour to an end, and actually answer the original question. Why did God kill his dearest and best, rather than kill the devil once and for all?"

It was no longer a personal and private communication between yourself and hupernikao but the Hidden Reason and Blood of this thread which I was very much interested in addressing, hence my answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 2:32pm On May 28, 2021
passion007:

Your point of argument seems to revolve around me saying that God killed Jesus. I could say God sacrificed Jesus - which will be gentle on your sensibilities, - but I won't.

When you warm up to this reality, then we can bring this unnecessary detour to an end, and actually answer the original question. Why did God kill his dearest and best, rather than kill the devil once and for all?

English grammar has really done a bad job on many in interpreting the scriptures. You cant be interpreting a text written and translated over 2000 years ago which a word meaning of 2021.

- Sacrifice. gave, deliver..... are all not about being a cause, they point to a will, a choice, to allow. Please get your bible and read all as i told you earlier.

Also, You neither point me to a scripture that claimed God killed Jesus nor di you answer the 3 key questions i asked you.

This already showed me that you arent not ready to accept that your OP was already flawed from beginning. The theology of God killing Jesus was not preached or written any where in the scriptures.

I will quit this argument and leave you with the hope that you will revisit the scriptures thoroughly on this concept and be open enough to allow the scriptures speaks for itself and not impose your own theological narrative.

Lastly, you will need to check your motive of posting this OP in the first place. Is it to mock or to know? You are in best position to answer that and i am sure you will reap the fruit of your choice on this.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 3:08pm On May 28, 2021
hupernikao:

English grammar has really done a bad job on many in interpreting the scriptures. You cant be interpreting a text written and translated over 2000 years ago which a word meaning of 2021.

- Sacrifice. gave, deliver..... are all not about being a cause, they point to a will, a choice, to allow. Please get your bible and read all as i told you earlier.

Also, You neither point me to a scripture that claimed God killed Jesus nor di you answer the 3 key questions i asked you.

This already showed me that you arent not ready to accept that your OP was already flawed from beginning. The theology of God killing Jesus was not preached or written any where in the scriptures.

I will quit this argument and leave you with the hope that you will revisit the scriptures thoroughly on this concept and be open enough to allow the scriptures speaks for itself and not impose your own theological narrative.

Lastly, you will need to check your motive of posting this OP in the first place. Is it to mock or to know? You are in best position to answer that and i am sure you will reap the fruit of your choice on this.

So will I.
This circuitous argument is starting to bore me cheesy
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by passion007: 3:10pm On May 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No, I am not but by this your omnibus statement. "To sacrifice is to kill, I should hope you know that much.

When you warm up to this reality, then we can bring this unnecessary detour to an end, and actually answer the original question. Why did God kill his dearest and best, rather than kill the devil once and for all?"

It was no longer a personal and private communication between yourself and hupernikao but the Hidden Reason and Blood of this thread which I was very much interested in addressing, hence my answer.

Your writing styles are exactly the same, what are the odds? wink
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 3:32pm On May 28, 2021
passion007:

grin shocked

Truth is always like that.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by hupernikao: 3:32pm On May 28, 2021
passion007:

So will I.
This circuitous argument is starting to bore me cheesy

grin

But you know say you no dey try.

Jesus said Jews are responsible
Peter said Jews killed him
Paul said Jews killed him
John said Jews killed him
Stephen said Jews killed him.

But you said God killed him shocked shocked

Think of it nah. It is an exegetical error. Let us stay with the Bible narrative.
Re: Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:35pm On May 28, 2021
passion007:

grin That would be because both of us are Lawyers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help,gathering Snails In Dream,what Does It Mean? / Can Thoughts Become Matter? / The Black Death And The Church Of The Middle Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.