Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture (2828 Views)

Esu Chikun, Danjuma Barde Is Dead / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship / Ilu Aje (The Land Of The Wizard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by TAO11(f): 7:07pm On May 28, 2021
TheMomentumTv:
It's Esu Odara. As far as I know...
That guy is the greatest fabricator you’re yet to meet. Beware!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2021
TheMomentumTv:
It's Esu Odara. As far as I know...
Well, I am still learning.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by Balogunodua(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2021
TAO11:
Okay! cool

LMAO! cheesy

(1) So, you’re saying that the identity “Abdullahi” may perhaps also have originated from the Edos (aka. Binis) despite the word being meaningless in Edo (aka. Bini) language?? undecided Isn’t God wonderful? grin

(2) Anyways, the two attachments below contain (as highlighted) the confession of the authoritative Bini-English lexicon, viz. “A Concise Dictionary of the Bini Language of Southern Nigeria,” on the origin of these deities.

These attachments show clearly that these two deities (Olokun and Orunmila) were loaned into the ‘Edo (aka. Bini) pantheon’ from the Yoruba pantheon.

Refer particularly to the notation “cf. Yor.” as has been underlined in the attachments below.

Cheers!

Cc: nisai, rhektor babtoundey, gomojam, ideadoctor, Balogunodua, macof.
Me taya for Edo miscreants o cheesy

But as long as Tao is here they will learn by force... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by Balogunodua(m): 11:12pm On May 29, 2021
babtoundey:
Aje - centre
okun -sea. Then, Olokun equals the centre of the sea. Abunu omo! If olokun isthe centre of the sea,what is the edge of the sea called.

His Edo dictionary gives the exact Yoruba meaning while the idiot was telling useless story.

Gregboy, the fight oba and olokun fought, was it a kind of mortal combat, Jetli or Jackie Chan version?
Mortal combat ke... cheesy

LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2021
TAO11:
Okay! cool

LMAO! cheesy

(1) So, you’re saying that the identity “Abdullahi” may perhaps also have originated from the Edos (aka. Binis) despite the word being meaningless in Edo (aka. Bini) language?? undecided Isn’t God wonderful? grin

(2) Anyways, the two attachments below contain (as highlighted) the confession of the authoritative Bini-English lexicon, viz. “A Concise Dictionary of the Bini Language of Southern Nigeria,” on the origin of these deities.

These attachments show clearly that these two deities (Olokun and Orunmila) were loaned into the ‘Edo (aka. Bini) pantheon’ from the Yoruba pantheon.

Refer particularly to the notation “cf. Yor.” as has been underlined in the attachments below.

Cheers!

What is the meaning of the abbreviations cf in the statement

1 Like

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2021
TAO11:
Okay! cool

LMAO! cheesy

Cheers!

The god of ifa, is there anything like God of ifa.. Lol did you actually send that screenshot to me, i really wanted to over look that screenshot as a useless attempt to discredit my claims, but since you fellow brothers are already masturbating on it, i will have no choice to attend to it

Ifa is a yoruba idol introduced to the benins through the western regional creation, that forced every political candidate in the western region to join such secrete society before they could participate in western regional politics

That i would not deniel, ifa is outrightly yoruba

But the definition giving up there for orunmila looks quacked and a poor attempt of fabrication

Please can we see the author of the dictionary
And the year it was published anything above 1914 i would disregard it,

And would it be ok for me to post my screenshot from benins that acknowledge orunmila is of edo origin

That of olokun is not debatable so i wont waste my time on that

Olokun
Orunmila
Ayelala
Ogun
Are edo worship that was taking to yoruba areas through benin military expansion

It would take you tears and not mere myth to prove this as false

So how do you want your tears premium or classic??

1 Like

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2021
Balogunodua:

Me taya for Edo miscreants o cheesy

But as long as Tao is here they will learn by force... cheesy
You dont need be tired of Edo people because they are being haunted by the name Oramiyan gave them behove them; Ile ibinu. So, dont be surprised.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 2:59pm On May 30, 2021
Olu317:
You dont need be tired of Edo people because they are being haunted by the name Oramiyan gave them behove them; Ile ibinu. So, dont be surprised.

Gave them lol in your dreams you yoruba cowards wish the oba of benin was really yoruba heritage than just mere trolling you all put yourself in

Ile binu= a word used by Itshekiris to describe edo people to the Portuguese

Oromiyan a mythical idol from oyo that never existed

Oduduwa a made up story by Samuel johson told to unite the then civil war divide clans of Yoruba
Re: Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2021
gregyboy:

Gave them lol in your dreams you yoruba cowards wish the oba of benin was really yoruba heritage than just mere trolling you all put yourself in

Ile binu= a word used by Itshekiris to describe edo people to the Portuguese

Oromiyan a mythical idol from oyo that never existed

Oduduwa a made up story by Samuel johson told to unite the then civil war divide clans of Yoruba

You nor dey tire ? The same Itsekiri are Yoruba blood related group and speak Yoruba language. What's your point? Save me this incoherent information as regard Oduduwa.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igba Kwo Nwanyi And Dowry -Igbo Traditional Marriage / Horoscope:Need Help With Your Zodiac? / Reason Why The Yoruba's Are The Most Successful Tribe In Africa (facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.