Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark (833 Views)

Sexuality: No Matter How You Color Them, Only One Set Would Fit (Photo) / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 6:08am On May 27, 2021
A lot about Christianity has been hidden from current mankind. Ancient religious books have been burned and deleted from the history of mankind forever. In order to save some of these books, some had to be hidden underground to be unearthed centuries later. One of these books to be unearthed was the Secret Gospel of Mark. This gospel is a fuller version of the current book of Mark in the Christian bible and it contains missing verses deleted from the version of Mark in the Christian Bible.

Professor Morton Smith, a Christian, discovered a letter written by the Bishop of Alexandria (c. 125 C.E.) describing deleted passages from Mark's Gospel. There are two curious verses in the Gospel of Mark. Is the solution to their mystery in the fascinating and obscure early history of both the Church and the Gospel itself? The first curious verse is 10.46: “They reached Jericho; and as he left Jericho with his disciples…” Why mention Jericho at all? Unless, that is, an earlier version of this Gospel had included events that occurred in Jericho, but which an early Church copyist had needed to censor. The second curious verse is just after the arrest of Jesus, when a young man, not previously mentioned or explained, leaves behind the linen cloth which is his only item of clothing and runs away naked (14.51–52).

There are two extracts from this Secret Gospel. The first comes after Mark 10.34 in “our” Mark (just after the third prophecy of the Passion). This is a story of Jesus miraculously raising a young man who has recently died, at the request of the young man’s sister. The young man “looked at Jesus, loved him, and began to beg to be with him”. Jesus gives this young man instruction for the next six days:

"And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, Son of David, have mercy on me. But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her unto the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan."

The second extract is located between “Then they came to Jericho” and “As he was leaving Jericho”: “The sister of the young man whom Jesus loved was there, along with his mother and Salome, but Jesus refused to see them.” These extracts may be brief, but they provided dynamite for Bible scholars. The story of the raising of the young man was originally the story used in the Gospel of John as the Raising of Lazarus. This was previously thought to be unique to John and probably created by John. Examination of the stories reveals that neither was copied from the other, but that both authors were using an original miracle story in their own way.

Mark 14:51-52

"The Secret Gospel of Mark"
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 6:11am On May 27, 2021
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kosoco(m): 6:26am On May 27, 2021
Op you are on your own
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by SKhanmi: 7:05am On May 27, 2021
Kosoco:
Op you are on your own

This made me burst into laughter. Are we thinking the same thing? Been reading with an increasing incredulity.

1 Like

Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by donbachi(m): 7:07am On May 27, 2021
Op,Stop drinking mama tina zobo....u no go hear.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kosoco(m): 7:10am On May 27, 2021
SKhanmi:

This made me burst into laughter. Are we thinking the same thing? Been reading with an increasing incredulity.
my brother as I was reading I'm still thinking about the meaning of what he post.... That Jericho was mentioned was it no written in our bibles too
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by excellencyabia1: 9:31am On May 27, 2021
Read, understand and practice the one you have but you will not. Continue
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by shitshappen(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2021
Pathetic!
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by bobestman(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2021
He might be wrong in some ways in his post but that doesn't change the fact that the bible you read today is the plagiarized version of an ancient scriptures written in scrolls. People sat together to choose what should appear and what should be deleted from the bible cos the ancient scripture never agreed with those who gave you the bible. These people then change many names, exact locations and twisted many of the stories. We are in the age of knowledge. Many lost truth will be uncovered. Many of our histories thrown into the seas will be uncovered. The exact names and locations will emerge. Ancient tribes and Kingdoms that were buried or hidden by the Creator for certain reasons will come alive again and they will talk as if they were not lost. Things that will happen will shock the world and lead to restoration of the lost truth. Many of you will then know that religion was used to brainwash and keep you in the dark. The light will be revealed and darkness will give way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 3:54pm On May 27, 2021
Kosoco:
Op you are on your own

This is shocking to hear, that our highly revered Jesus Christ was gay. Are you aware that the bible has no explicit verses or evidence that he was straight?
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kosoco(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2021
waynedc:

This is shocking to hear, that our highly revered Jesus Christ was gay. Are you aware that the bible has no explicit verses or evidence that he was straight?
Please don't mention me in your silly comment pls. I'm begging you. Mind your own submission....
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 4:01pm On May 27, 2021
SKhanmi:

Questioning The Sexuality Of Jesus

For the first time in my ministry I felt it had to be. Those last words of Jesus would not let me escape. "When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then he said to the disciple. 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home." That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

For Oestricher, the idea that Jesus had the hots for Mary Magdalene is pure Hollywood and based on no biblical evidence. "The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore, bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock," he writes in the Guardian.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2012/04/22/questioning-the-sexuality-of-jesus/?sh=5f08125f35ef
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 4:13pm On May 27, 2021
Kosoco:
Please don't mention me in your silly comment pls. I'm begging you. Mind your own submission....

Yes this sounds shocking to you because you consider homosexuality to be evil and there is no way Jesus could have been homosexual. The evidence has always been there. You have been lied to and deceived all your life.

Jewish boys, during the time of Jesus, were expected to be married by age 20. Jesus Christ had 7 other siblings after him and at the time of his death at age 33, all his younger brothers were married - in their early 20s, except Jesus, the eldest.

Think about this for a moment: the life of Jesus was a far-reaching and one involved with plenty travels. Jesus as a straight man and married with children (women had little or no rights and could not work to support their family) would have taken him away from the purpose of his life, are you aware? As a gay man, this freed him from the burden of marriage and kids and enabled him to focus on his mission which, for that lifetime, was far more important than procreation.

The Christian bible depicts Jesus and John, two men, having a very close relationship. Ok no problem. Two straight men could have a close relationship. However, John would often place his head on Jesus' chest in public and Jesus would cuddle him - in public. Even in our modern days, with better times and freedom, no two straight men no matter how close they are would rest their heads on each other in public and cuddle as in the pictures below. John was often referred to as 'the man that Jesus loved'.

The early church fathers saw these in Jesus and they knew the truth but would not entertain an idea about a gay Jesus. Thus, certain verses about his sexuality were edited out and Jesus was portrayed as a human being devoid of any sexual desires at all, or preassumed to be heterosexual.

1 Like

Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2021
Misinformed Churchgoers can't face this type of challenge because they lack the wisdom.
But will you like to know better from true Christians?
I'll base all my comments on the scriptures but first of all i want you to know that i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and only members of our group can worship our God acceptably.
If you're ready for the friendly discussion just type "YES"
May you have PEACE! smiley

waynedc:

Yes this sounds shocking to you because you consider homosexuality to be evil and there is no way Jesus could have been homosexual. The evidence has always been there. You have been lied to and deceived all your life. Jewish boys, during the time of Jesus, were expected to be married by age 20. Jesus Christ had 7 other siblings after him and at the time of his death, all his younger brothers were married - in their early 20s, except Jesus, the eldest. Think about this for a moment: the life of Jesus was a far-reaching and one involved with plenty travels. Jesus as a straight man and married with children (women had little or no rights and could not work to support their family) would have taken him away from the purpose of his life, are you aware? As a gay man, this freed him from the burden of marriage and kids and enabled him to focus on his mission which, for that lifetime, was far more important than procreation. The Christian bible depicts Jesus and John, two men, having a very close relationship. Ok no problem. Two straight men could have a close relationship. However, John would often place his head on Jesus' chest in public and Jesus would cuddle him - in public. Even in our modern days, with better times and freedom, no two straight men no matter how close they are would rest their heads on each other in public and cuddle as in the pictures below. John was often referred to as 'the man that Jesus' loved'. The early church fathers saw these in Jesus and they knew the truth but would not entertain an idea about a gay Jesus. Thus, certain verses about his sexuality were edited out and Jesus was portrayed as a human being devoid of any sexual desires at all, or preassumed to be heterosexual.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kosoco(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2021
waynedc:

Yes this sounds shocking to you because you consider homosexuality to be evil and there is no way Jesus could have been homosexual. The evidence has always been there. You have been lied to and deceived all your life.

Jewish boys, during the time of Jesus, were expected to be married by age 20. Jesus Christ had 7 other siblings after him and at the time of his death, all his younger brothers were married - in their early 20s, except Jesus, the eldest.

Think about this for a moment: the life of Jesus was a far-reaching and one involved with plenty travels. Jesus as a straight man and married with children (women had little or no rights and could not work to support their family) would have taken him away from the purpose of his life, are you aware? As a gay man, this freed him from the burden of marriage and kids and enabled him to focus on his mission which, for that lifetime, was far more important than procreation.

The Christian bible depicts Jesus and John, two men, having a very close relationship. Ok no problem. Two straight men could have a close relationship. However, John would often place his head on Jesus' chest in public and Jesus would cuddle him - in public. Even in our modern days, with better times and freedom, no two straight men no matter how close they are would rest their heads on each other in public and cuddle as in the pictures below. John was often referred to as 'the man that Jesus' loved'.

The early church fathers saw these in Jesus and they knew the truth but would not entertain an idea about a gay Jesus. Thus, certain verses about his sexuality were edited out and Jesus was portrayed as a human being devoid of any sexual desires at all, or preassumed to be heterosexual.
stop Wallowing In ignorance. Stop quoting me in your deluded assertion.... Take heed that no one deceive you.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 4:42pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Misinformed Churchgoers can't face this type of challenge because they lack the wisdom.
But will you like to know better from true Christians?
I'll base all my comments on the scriptures but first of all i want you to know that i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and only members of our group can worship our God acceptably.
If you're ready for the friendly discussion just type "YES"
May you have PEACE! smiley

My brother, God loves every creation of his equally, regardless of their belief. Everyone is going to hell in the other person's religion or sect. There is no one religion or sect that holds the only key or access to the creator, but then everyone is free to choose what they want to believe in.

1 Like

Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 4:43pm On May 27, 2021
Kosoco:
stop Wallowing In ignorance. Stop quoting me in your deluded assertion.... Take heed that no one deceive you.

No need to be hateful. Calm down and take it all in gradually. It will make sense if you have an open mind.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kosoco(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2021
waynedc:

No need to be hateful. Calm down and take it all in gradually. It will make sense if you have an open mind.
Bro why are you trying to shove this your lame disposition to throat.... Please take you comment elsewhere. I guess you are a gay or exhibiting the tendencies
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by elated177: 7:29pm On May 27, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Psalm 2: 1 Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the Lord and against his anointed, saying, 3 “Let us break their chains and throw off their shackles.” 4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5 He rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6 “I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.” 7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.
8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling. 12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.  Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Hebrews 1: 5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”? 6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” 7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire.” 8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

Who would have thought that Satan could be this frustrated!

Even if Mountain Everest is uprooted and thrown into the Atlantic Ocean, the priests, saints, servants, witnesses, messengers and representatives of Yahushua the Messiah in this world will never harbour even an iota of doubt as to the detestable, abominable and disgusting nature of the act of homosexuality. We will never approve of it in anyone.

Every saint, priest, servant, witness, messenger or representative of Yahushua the Messiah knows why Satan desperately wants the worldwide acceptance of the aberration called homosexuality.

May the saints, priests, servants, witnesses, messengers and representatives of Yahushua the Messiah all over the world continue to infuriate and frustrate Satan, the demons and their human slaves with their purity, honesty, holiness, truthfulness and righteousness.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55pm On May 27, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

There is no religion or sect that holds the only key or access to the creator? smiley

Well we'll see to that in the course of our discussion but first let's get to the root of this your opinion about Jesus being gay.

So apart from the assumptions and suspicions do you have any authentic source of info about Jesus being gay? smiley

waynedc:

My brother, God loves every creation of his equally, regardless of their belief. Everyone is going to hell in the other person's religion or sect. There is no one religion or sect that holds the only key or access to the creator, but then everyone is free to choose what they want to believe in.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 8:03pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

There is no religion or sect that holds the only key or access to the creator? smiley

Well we'll see to that in the course of our discussion but first let's get to the root of this your opinion about Jesus being gay.

So apart from the assumptions and suspicions do you have any authentic source of info about Jesus being gay? smiley

The bold is correct.

What authentic evidence do you have that Jesus was heterosexual?
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kayberg: 8:28pm On May 27, 2021
What is the authenticity of your claims?
If Jesus according to your claims was as you thought, how then would He had been the righteousness of GOD?

Why did the Pharisees, Scribes and all others who had been on His trial just to find a single mistake of His to nab Him never mentioned it as a crime to nab Him for violating the law of Moses?

You cannot just come here with some claims and expect anyone to believe it. If you had known who this Jesus Christ is, you'd never had believed this nor even try sharing it with anyone.

When the false accusation of Him being in a relationship with Mary did not work, do you think this will nonsense will now work? If He had declared He sanctified Himself for His mission, what do you think that means?

If He had been what you claimed, why were they not able to reply Him when He asked them who among them is able to accuse Him of sin?

When will you can think of is sex, why won't you start assuming?

OP, be careful.
And I mean, be very very careful.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2021
The Bible is the only source of information about this young man from Nazareth and in this book there's no evidence that he had sex at all because according to the book his life on this planet was planned right after the rebellion in the garden of Eden.
So he wasn't like any other man whose life follows the normal instinct of born, grow, marry, have offsprings, grow old, get sick and die.
Note that not all humans that are sex freak many don't even think about it due to health issues or determination to render some sacred service to one deity or another {Matthew 19:12} so if the book says Jesus is also such a person i need not doubt it because i'm seeing such around today! smiley

waynedc:

The bold is correct.
What authentic evidence do you have that Jesus was heterosexual?

However the bolded is false but let's keep that aside for now! smiley
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by calebbintus: 8:47pm On May 27, 2021
First of all; His name is not Jesus. The Lord's name is Yeshua. Jesus simply means son of Zeus. 2ndly: Non of you know the truth. No current Christian is saved. No not one. You are just the fulfilment of Prophecy of the Beast deceiving all Nations if it were possible the very Elect. So when you are told he is Yeshua and not Jesus and you are arguing we just smile because you can't see.

2ndly: The 10commandments of which the Sabbath is the 4th Can not be broken. Obedience to the 10commandments and believing in Yeshua is the Criteria for Eternal Safety (Revelation 14:12). The road to salvation of a average Christian is very far. You've been deceived and only those who are humble enough will escape the traps Satan has long set for the world. He has deceived the whole world;Christians,Muslims,Atheist, Judaism.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 8:54pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The Bible is the only source of information about this young man from Nazareth and in this book there's no evidence that he had sex at all because according to the book his life on this planet was planned right after the rebellion in the garden of Eden.
So he wasn't like any other man whose life follows the normal instinct of born, grow, marry, have offsprings, grow old, get sick and die.
Note that not all humans that are sex freak many don't even think about it due to health issues or determination to render some sacred service to one deity or another {Matthew 19:12} so if the book says Jesus is also such a person i need not doubt it because i'm seeing such around today! smiley

However the bolded is false but let's keep that aside for now! smiley

The same bible that you are quoting from which is an after-remains from the original that was perfectly edited and the books carefully selected out to represent Jesus in a certain way? There is strong biblical evidence pointing to homoerotic tendencies of Jesus, however the early church fathers would not have those but preferred the image of a celibate Jesus or one who had no sexual desires at all.

Understand here that there is a default assumption that the average person is assumed straight until proven otherwise. Humans, generally, would assume he was straight until proven otherwise. However, there is no concrete proof that he was heterosexual. Not even one.

Finally, no religious group or sect holds the only key or access to the creator. Anyone who thinks so dwells in temporary illusion.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 9:01pm On May 27, 2021
Kayberg:
What is the authenticity of your claims?
If Jesus according to your claims was as you thought, how then would He had been the righteousness of GOD?

Why did the Pharisees, Scribes and all others who had been on His trial just to find a single mistake of His to nab Him never mentioned it as a crime to nab Him for violating the law of Moses?

You cannot just come here with some claims and expect anyone to believe it. If you had known who this Jesus Christ is, you'd never had believed this nor even try sharing it with anyone.

When the false accusation of Him being in a relationship with Mary did not work, do you think this will nonsense will now work? If He had declared He sanctified Himself for His mission, what do you think that means?

If He had been what you claimed, why were they not able to reply Him when He asked them who among them is able to accuse Him of sin?

When will you can think of is sex, why won't you start assuming?

OP, be careful.
And I mean, be very very careful.

These are no claims. These are deleted verses from your biblical book of Mark. They were not made up.

Da Vinci Code's claims of Jesus being in a relationship with Mary failed because there were no biblical verses to support the claim, other than a group of heterosexuals trying to make Jesus into an image similar to theirs.

A heterosexual Jesus would have been highly detrimental to his mission in life.

Have you ever wondered about the 18 missing years of Jesus between ages 12 and 30? There are gospels that cover these missing years but have you ever bothered to locate them and do more research for yourself? Twice did two Hebrew girls propose marriage to Jesus and on both occasions Jesus rejected their marriage proposals. All his younger brothers got married in their 20s and Jesus' blessed their marriages, being the eldest child, but did not get married himself.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2021
waynedc:

The same bible that you are quoting from which is an after-remains from the original that was perfectly edited and the books carefully selected out to represent Jesus in a certain way? There is strong biblical evidence pointing to homoerotic tendencies of Jesus, however the early church fathers would not have those but preferred the image of a celibate Jesus or one who had no sexual desires at all.

This may be true and may be false therefore since we don't have any written documents to back it up it remains mere assumptions. We can only relate with what we find in the book Sir! smiley

Understand here that there is a default assumption that the average person is assumed straight until proven otherwise. Humans, generally, would assume he was straight until proven otherwise. However, there is no concrete proof that he was heterosexual. Not even one.
And there is no concrete proof that he was gay not even one. However people do give up their sex life for the love of some deities and such still happens today. So for the book to have recorded that Jesus never thought of sex is not strange to anyone since people do such both in ancient times and today!

Finally, no religious group or sect holds the only key or access to the creator. Anyone who thinks so dwells in temporary illusion.
Let's leave this for now until it is proven! smiley
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This may be true and may be false therefore[b] since we don't have any written documents to back it up[/b] it remains mere assumptions. We can only relate with what we find in the book Sir! smiley

And there is no concrete proof that he was gay not even one. However people do give up their sex life for the love of some deities and such still happens today. So for the book to have recorded that Jesus never thought of sex is not strange to anyone since people do such both in ancient times and today!

Let's leave this for now until it is proven! smiley

part in bold: there exist plenty documents. Christians nowadays are too lazy to do any research beyond the bible. They limit all their knowledge to what is in the bible only. By doing this, there is only so much modern Christians could attain in knowledge.

The deleted verses from the book of mark are somewhat concrete evidence that gives us an idea about the sexuality of Jesus. No wonder Jesus never condemned homosexuality himself, not even once. If homosexuality was a fast ticket to 'hell', this was one of the very first things that he would have addressed. But nope, he didn't, not even once.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2021
waynedc:

part in bold: there exist plenty documents. Christians nowadays are too lazy to do any research beyond the bible. They limit all their knowledge to what is in the bible only. By doing this, there is only so much modern Christians could attain in knowledge.
Of course there are books written outside the 66 books that some are claiming they are part of the inspired scriptures, but there is no correlation between such books and the old manuscripts regarding the personality of the characters in the Bible. So diligent Bible student takes such as uninspired writings from unknown sources!

The deleted verses from the book of mark are somewhat concrete evidence that gives us an idea about the sexuality of Jesus. No wonder Jesus never condemned homosexuality himself, not even once. If homosexuality was a fast ticket to 'hell', this was one of the very first things that he would have addressed. But nope, he didn't, not even once.
There are so many assumptions regarding the characters in the Bible, during the dark ages a lot of fabricated stories has been developed and the writers tried to file such along with the authentic book but the Jewish community in which the Bible was written need to be considered too.
Jews take homosexuality as abomination so it's pointless Jesus talking about it! smiley
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2021
Evidently you're only exited about books that you feel were somehow removed from the Bible but since such will lead to endless arguments with no benefits in sight why not let's address the issue of one and only religion have access to God? smiley
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by Kayberg: 12:58am On May 28, 2021
waynedc:

These are no claims. These are deleted verses from your biblical book of Mark. They were not made up.

Da Vinci Code's claims of Jesus being in a relationship with Mary failed because there were no biblical verses to support the claim, other than a group of heterosexuals trying to make Jesus into an image similar to theirs.

A heterosexual Jesus would have been highly detrimental to his mission in life.

Have you ever wondered about the 18 missing years of Jesus between ages 12 and 30? There are gospels that cover these missing years but have you ever bothered to locate them and do more research for yourself? Twice did two Hebrew girls propose marriage to Jesus and on both occasions Jesus rejected their marriage proposals. All his younger brothers got married in their 20s and Jesus' blessed their marriages, being the eldest child, but did not get married himself.

What are your evidences they were actually deleted from the book of Mark?
What are your proves that what you read there if it was were actually what you interpreted them to be?

What will you expect of someone who had to sanctify Himself for the course He was sent for, and knowing who He is, as someone who must not fail on His mission by mingling with humans!?

Peter was on the ship naked while fishing with the others after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, does it mean he was being heterosexual with them throughout the night?

Can't you see what they're trying to do?
What if the verses claimed were included by whoever wants the damage be a future time bomb, is that how you'll just believe?

Your mind and that of those who interpreted the verses you and them claimed were deleted to what you all thought it could have been all because you had nothing else to make of it than what you thought it could have been.

I'll advise you be careful with this nonsense you're all making up.
I'm not buying it.

And just as I said, if you actually know the Jesus Christ you're talking of to be the one I'm talking of, then you won't have been coming up with these bullsh!ts.

This Jesus Christ you're talking about, have you ever seen Him before?
Has He ever appeared to you?
Have you ever spoken to Him?
Has He ever spoken to you?
Have you ever heard His voice?
Has He ever shown you His glory?
Have you ever have a personal encounter and interaction with Him?

If you haven't, I'll advise you do and then, you will know the Jesus Christ I'm talking about is not the one you're referring to as what your mind is telling you.
Re: Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark by waynedc: 6:31am On May 28, 2021
Kayberg:

What are your evidences they were actually deleted from the book of Mark?
What are your proves that what you read there if it was were actually what you interpreted them to be?

What will you expect of someone who had to sanctify Himself for the course He was sent for, and knowing who He is, as someone who must not fail on His mission by mingling with humans!?

Peter was on the ship naked while fishing with the others after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, does it mean he was being heterosexual with them throughout the night?

Can't you see what they're trying to do?
What if the verses claimed were included by whoever wants the damage be a future time bomb, is that how you'll just believe?

Your mind and that of those who interpreted the verses you and them claimed were deleted to what you all thought it could have been all because you had nothing else to make of it than what you thought it could have been.

I'll advise you be careful with this nonsense you're all making up.
I'm not buying it.

And just as I said, if you actually know the Jesus Christ you're talking of to be the one I'm talking of, then you won't have been coming up with these bullsh!ts.

This Jesus Christ you're talking about, have you ever seen Him before?
Has He ever appeared to you?
Have you ever spoken to Him?
Has He ever spoken to you?
Have you ever heard His voice?
Has He ever shown you His glory?
Have you ever have a personal encounter and interaction with Him?

If you haven't, I'll advise you do and then, you will know the Jesus Christ I'm talking about is not the one you're referring to as what your mind is telling you.

Why do you sound so angry? I only brought forward discoveries made several decades back. I never made up these myself, these were discovered way back in the 1950s, several decades before you were born. They were always there before your birth. Typical to most Christians, you have never ventured to learn more about Christianity beyond the carefully packaged and revised book called the bible given to you.

When you start asking me for proof or evidence that these were deleted texts, I might as well ask you for proofs that these bible stories actually occurred and that they are real? What solid evidence do you have that biblical stories happened, asides your mere faith and belief in them?

My brother, I am highly advanced in spiritual knowledge and I left traditional religion many years ago. I know WHO I am, where I come from and where I go to upon completion of my lifetime. I have been both an insider and outsider in matters concerning Christianity and you will be amazed at the things that you will discover when you decide to step outside the comfort zone of religion. Making that first step is hard but once you do, you will never look back. Trust me.

Finally, you don't have to believe any of these if you don't want to. It is your free will. However, getting emotionally worked up unnecessarily when you could be having a mature discussion instead tells a lot about the mental development of several Christians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Truth Relative? / List Of Women Who Claimed They Have had sexual Affairs With Johnson Suleiman / Three Unexpected Days Of The Great Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.