Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service (16971 Views)

Naira Scarcity: “I Bought N40K With N70K” At Embassy – Paul Okoye Laments / Ondo Loggers Block Benin-Lagos Highway To Protest Against Extortion / Igbo Youths Plan To Protest At The British Embassy against Nnamdi Ka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by TMKsouth: 2:09pm On May 27, 2021
They should also protest the criminal activities of their compatriots on SA streets.

NUSA always blames xenophobia on South Africans but this march emphatically exposes the real truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by GboyegaD(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2021
Built2last:

Who is the owner of that Innovate1 that we pay to. i remember making payment to them. why don't we pay directly to Nigerian immigration service.

I don't know too. They have an office in MD but it is inefficient in my opinion. Their main office I know is in Nigeria because the transaction failed the first time and I had to let the bank know I authorized the transaction. I was also charged foreign transaction fees.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Built2last: 2:13pm On May 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

I don't know too. They have an office in MD but it is inefficient in my opinion. Their main office I know is in Nigeria because the transaction failed the first time and I had to let the bank know I authorized the transaction. I was also charged foreign transaction fees.

I won't be surprised if our payments are going into the hands of one man who now remits stipends to government after sharing the money.

Naija na cruise
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by GboyegaD(m): 2:46pm On May 27, 2021
Built2last:

I won't be surprised if our payments are going into the hands of one man who now remits stipends to government after sharing the money.

Naija na cruise

Very possible. In Nigeria, there is too much corruption.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Litmus: 2:47pm On May 27, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The tragic irony is that while these Nigerians can easily protest in a foreign country, they can't dare to do so in their own country!! The few they tried in Lekki and Kaduna was violently disrupted by their own government that sent police to use live bullet on them, while others were brutalized by hired sponsored thugs shocked shocked

Here is South Africa, a fellow African country and not America or an European nation. Now, consider these scenarios and tell me if Nigeria is indeed not a zoo. SMH!

First convince South Africans that they are freer to express themselves in demonstrations, with the rigour of Nigerians without fear of police brutality, before trying to convince those of us Nigerians aware of international realities.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by ivolt: 2:50pm On May 27, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The tragic irony is that while these Nigerians can easily protest in a foreign country, they can't dare to do so in their own country!!
I didn't see them blocking roads ,shutting down markets, and threatening destruction.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Omodua(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2021
PissfulProtester:
e shock you ABI? grin

You no believe say I go know you deep like that..

We are watching you..

When the time is right, we go deliver judgement on you
Northern renegade! Always on Igbo affairs. Ironically, your region is under siege and despoiled by Bokoharam insurgency and banditry. Several IDPs camps everywhere. Yet, you nose into Igbo affairs.
You should be pitied!
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Oshokalo: 3:09pm On May 27, 2021
Nigerian get mind oh still dey stay for this country
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by UnabashedIPOB: 3:24pm On May 27, 2021
You guys NEED to BURN DOWN the Embassy. Destroy EVERYTHING ZOOGERIA because the country DOES NOT exist anymore ONLY on paper. The FULANIS have shown that by the way they are STEALING FUNDS from the coffers. Let's help them DESTROY what's left of ZOOGERIA.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by vioment: 3:34pm On May 27, 2021
ferociouz:
THE NIGERIAN CONSULATE IN NEW YORK: AN INTERNATIONAL EXTENSION, OF THE NIGERIAN BUREAUCRATIC TORTURE �

I applied to renew my Nigerian passport in January of 2020. You apply, and pay online. I was given an appointment date for September 27, 2020. I was shocked. What organization or Corporation can be that busy or backed up to give me a 9 months waiting period. Then the Coronavirus hits America in March of 2020. I can now justify the long wait.

I kept monitoring the Nigerian Consulate website, they never posted anything about Covid 19 hindering their operation. On the day of my appointment, the weather was vicious, snow everywhere. I took an Uber ride to Manhattan.

Normally this ride would cost me $45. On this day I paid $101.67. When I got to the Nigerian consulate, the building was closed. And there was no notification saying why. I noticed a long line of people snaking into the streets. They were fellow Nigerians who came to renew their passports. Among them was a woman with two kids crying uncontrollably.

She said it's her first time up North. She came all the way from Arizona. She knows no one in New York and cannot afford any hotel in Manhattan. I felt so bad, I was tempted to ask her to stay over in my place. I quickly decided against that because I didn't want her to think otherwise.

It is important to know that if you are Nigerian, and living in America, there are only three cities you can go, to renew your passport. These cities are New York, Washington DC, and Atlanta.

After a long wait, a strange looking man suddenly appeared from the building, and nonchalantly said, "Due to Covid 19, we are closed. We are only open on Wednesdays, and Fridays". Then came the shocker. He said "Those with Appointments must go back to reapply online, to get new appointment dates"

I quizzed the man....."Why did you not post on your website that you are closed due to Covid 19"? He quickly shot back "That is not my job". Normally I would have shredded this Consulate Dummy, but the woman crying got me. I did the least I can do for her, and went my way.

My Sister Jane in California helped me reapply for passport renewal. I get another date for February 3, 2021. Then the Calamity happens. My Mother, the only True love of my life dies on December 13, 2020 in California. Now my case is Urgent.

On February 3, 2021, I took an Uber ride to the Nigerian consulate, again it cost me an arm and a leg, because the weather was bad. The notice on my appointment letter says "We are open from 10:00am to 12 noon. I got there at exactly 11: 02 am . Just as I tried entering the building, this uncouth, trash talking Nigerian security man jammed the door on my foot. Oh my.....I was livid. I was ready to do harm, and go to jail. This man said "we are closing early today, the Snow is coming".

I ignored this profoundly Rude idiot, and forced my way in. I said "Dude I have an appointment, and it's my second time here, and I won't budge until my passport is Renewed today. The man threatened to call the police, if I didn't leave immediately. I ignored him, and he called the cops to remove me from the building. In a Blink four Manhattan metropolitan police surrounded me. I didn't flinch.

They asked to see my identification. I showed them. They asked the uneducated Nigerian thug, working for the consulate, what is the problem? He said I am not supposed to be here. The police asked me what I came to do. I gave them my appointment letter.

I gave them a background story, how this is my second time here. Then they looked at my letter and saw the time stamped on it. They were surprised and indeed angry with the Nigerian Cave idiot. The police said, Sir this man has an appointment to be here today, and he is here before your stated closing time.

Why will you close the Consulate because of your anticipation of Snow ? How is it his business that it's going to Snow ? Do you not know how far these people came?

Many Nigerians who saw me with the police quickly made a B---line and Disappeared. Instead of sticking it out, and insisting on their Rights to be attended to.

I first entered this building in 2008 I believe. I came for something different. I was standing on this line that never moved an inch for an hour. I left the line and began to study the room, and stuff. That's when I noticed the trashy, weather-beaten Nigerian map on the wall. It reflected only 23 states. I was sure that there are 36 states in the Nigerian federation.

I politely walked up to the receptionist, a woman who was filing her nails, and chewing gum so loud like a wild Cayote. I said this Map does not represent the current Nigeria. She rolled her pancaked Eyes at me, and said in halting English....."Oga na Nigerian map you come to look. What is my Concern with the map". I digress.

As I waited to be attended to, I began to study everything in the building. You wouldn't dare allow your Dog to sit on the nasty gray carpet. The chairs had months of food crumbs on them. And they were taped to keep from wobbling. Dust mites and cobwebs everywhere.

I spent 3 hours in the Nigerian Consulate. Two hours just waiting to be called for the Biometric procedure. They have 3 people doing the job one fellow ought to do. Someone is at the door to verify your appointment date. Someone is standing like a mannequin in the lobby, just pointing to the Elevator you should take. And another who rides with you to the 8th floor interview room. How stupid, and retarded is that ?

I must say people who work here have no passion for what they do. There is a lackadaisical attitude among the workers here. They dress to work, like they are going to a Barbecue party. Some take sadistic pleasure to punish you, by frustrating, and running you circles. It is their fiefdom. Like the Nigerian police I engaged in Abuja, you are not expected to question anything. Keep your Brilliant ideas to yourself. We like it the way it is here.

I saw posters promoting the Nigerian National identification card. It's mandatory. It's the Nigerian equivalent of the Social Security system in the United States of America. I thought it was a good idea, and decided to sign up for it. When I asked a Consulate official about the process, he wore a silly smirk on his face, and nonchalantly said to me, "My Brother leave that thing. Na just poster we post. Nobody is doing it here".

I asked him why are you not Educating people about this national project ? He quickly said "I don't know anything about that". I was stunned by his comment. He quickly disappeared. I saw a bold sign on the wall stating, "No photographs allowed in this building". I quickly got an idea. I braved it, and secretly took these pictures below.

The only sane man I met in the Nigerian consulate is Vincent Ousman. He was very smartly dressed in form fitting slacks and a neck tie. As he was fingerprinting me he said, he heard me asking questions. He said "Welcome to my world Sir". I work here. It is a madhouse here. We have someone here, whose job is to answer the phone, but she doesn't care. And no one does anything if you complain".

I asked him if I can speak to the Consulate General ? He said he is not here, but I should write to him. He said the Consulate General is very aware of peoples complaints. However he told me what the Consulate General said, and I quote......"I can't do anything with 10, or 20 complaints. I need at least 200 complaints before I can act".

lf you are reading, do you not want to Slap the Consulate General Silly ? Who are these people ? How does Nigeria give someone with such retarded psychology such responsibility ?

After the interview, you are told, you must wait one month for the passport to arrive. Now my Mother is dead. I don't have that luxury to wait. I wrote a letter to the Consulate General. In the letter, I wanted to know why I had to wait one month for a new passport.

They say, the passport is coming from Nigeria. I said this is beyond ridiculous. The Embassy or the Consulate is a country's window to the world. The Nigerian Embassy is Nigeria abroad. Every thing needed to run an Embassy ought to exist where that Embassy is located. It is dizzying to me, to be told by retarded Nigerian Embassy staff "We are waiting for Passports from Abuja".

Surprise, Surprise, I got a response from the Consulate General. He said, "Mr. Maxie Ehieze, I heard about you. We are doing our best to make the Consulate efficient".

Before I left, I decided to visit the Senegalese, and the Egyptian Embassies. Both Embassies were happy to see me. The Senegalese Embassy has a Beautiful pictorial history of their Country on the walls. Same with Egypt. Historical, and Cultural artifacts beautifully displayed in the rooms. And the fake "Giant of Africa" has nothing. There is nothing about the History, nor her Cultural heritage of Nigeria, in her Consulate building. How shameful is that ?

"The Nigerian House" otherwise known as the Consulate Building is a pretty forest-green marble high rise, standing alone, in New York's prime Avenue. The Nigerian House is one block away from The "United Nations", situated by the famed Hudson River.

No Country's Embassy or Consulate dares to compare with the Majestic Beauty of the Nigerian House, until you enter the building. Then you cry Rivers for the inept, and profoundly Corrupt contraption called Nigeria. Nigeria is a hot mess.

Those who parade, and suffocate people like me, with their Silly Patriotism, are partly responsible for the longevity of this Crooked and Evil amalgamation, parading as a country. There is no Country. This Forced and Abused Marriage, masquerading as a country must be Divorced.

I got my passport a week after I wrote to the Consulate General. Go figure �

I actually read all of this.
Sorry for what you had to go through.

We lack professionalism in Nigeria, and that is from all cardinal points.

It is too bad how greed and selfishness are stinking up the whole country and it's reach.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by ghettochild(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2021
MsAllison:

adadike you see those serial igbo haters I'm telling you
they only hide under ipob to spew their hate for igbos

I no blame una two. If u have someone abroad whose experiencing this..
Una go pity us
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Gfskw: 5:04pm On May 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by DonCortino: 5:16pm On May 27, 2021
no matter how e be over there, e no fit worst reach d one whey dey happen here for naija. make una manage o!
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by Blackdisciple(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2021
Nigeria embassies for foreign lands they mess up big time.

I strongly believe that in the matter of life and death out there and you run to Nigeria embassy as your last hope believe me they will throw you out walai.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by gitzy: 4:53am On May 28, 2021
The Canadian passport is not $500, what a foolish liar. Canadian passport is actually $120, I did my passport just three weeks ago. This idiot just dey talk like say he get sense and know weitin he dey talk. Criminals.
Re: Nigerians In South Africa Protest At Embassy Against Extortion, Poor Service by 9ineball: 4:20pm On May 29, 2021
Hello I have 10k Instagram account for sale contact if interested 09099348732

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Condemns Arrest Of Governor Fubara's Loyalists In Abuja / Abacha's Regime Was One Of The Best Performing Governments In Our History / Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.