Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? (1805 Views)

How Do I Tell My Fiancé This Without Hurting Her Feelings. (Photo) / If A Girl Walks Up To A Man And Expresses Her Feelings; Is She Cheap Or Brave? / If A Girl Walks Up To A Man And Expresses Her Feelings; Is She Cheap Or Brave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Theagnosticdude: 10:39pm On May 27, 2021
I've been a silent member of this forum for a while. I decided to post this because what I'm passing through right now is severely eating me up.
Before I start, I would like to say a few things about myself. I'm a young man in his mid twenties. I have not been in a lot of relationships/dating. In fact, the only relationship I have been into was the one I had about six years ago, shortly after leaving secondary school. Since I broke up with the girl, I have not been in any worthwhile relationship until about three years when I met this girl in the university. We are in the same department and the same class. I loved the girl and I'm sure she liked me but we didn't date because I wasn't ready for relationship. We were friends and we rolled very well.
At some point, I couldn't hold back the feelings I had for her. So, a few days ago, I asked her for a date which she rejected to my greatest surprise
In her response, she told me that that she sees me as a friend and cautioned me not to ruin the friendship. This response from her broke me down and I die each time I go back to read the chart.
I love her but I've decided to move on. However, the problem now is that I can't move on. I've been trying to get her off my mind for the past few days but can't. I can't even concentrate in the class again neither can I read and I have exams in less than two weeks.
All I need from you is some pieces of advice on how to come out of this mess. You may call me a simp or you may say she has put me in her friendzone but all that insults do not matter to me right now. Your mature response is all I need right now.
Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Godada(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2021
Theagnosticdude:
I've been a silent member of this forum for a while. I decided to post this because what I'm passing through right now is severely eating me up.
Before I start, I would like to say a few things about myself. I'm a young man in his mid twenties. I have not been in a lot of relationships/dating. In fact, the only relationship I have been into was the one I had about six years ago, shortly after leaving secondary school. Since I broke up with the girl, I have not been in any worthwhile relationship until about three years when I met this girl in the university. We are in the same department and the same class. I loved the girl and I'm sure she liked me but we didn't date because I wasn't ready for relationship. We were friends and we rolled very well.
At some point, I couldn't hold back the feelings I had for her. So, a few days ago, I asked her for a date which she rejected to my greatest surprise
In her response, she told me that that she sees me as a friend and cautioned me not to ruin the friendship. This response from her broke me down and I die each time I go back to read the chart.
I love her but I've decided to move on. However, the problem now is that I can't move on. I've been trying to get her off my mind for the past few days but can't. I can't even concentrate in the class again neither can I read and I have exams in less than two weeks.
All I need from you is some pieces of advice on how to come out of this mess. You may call me a simp or you may say she has put me in her friendzone but all that insults do not matter to me right now. Your mature response is all I need right now.
Thanks

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by lilvicky68(m): 10:45pm On May 27, 2021
You have to choose between love and your studies.. concentrate on yourself..Las last na lust dey do you no be love..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by jogsman01(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2021
Olorun away pelu e

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by SportsHD: 10:52pm On May 27, 2021
You'll be fine. Na the love chemicals still dey float for your body. E go soon evaporate.

In the main time, get another fvckbuddy. Her friend maybe? A good bj suppose realign your senses.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Viridis(m): 10:53pm On May 27, 2021
Meet her face to face tell her strongly that don't want you to be ordinary friends. If she still refuse, avoid her. I tell you this, there is no way you will love a girl that you cannot move on, highest it will take time. Am telling you from first hand experience.

If you have friends, spend time with them it will help you heal quicker

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by devilmaycry: 12:20am On May 28, 2021
You re SIMPly naive ....shey u no go face ur book forget woman??

Problem is u....u cant start a relationship with friendship of 3years, how do u expect her to see u different?...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Kvng6464: 2:11am On May 28, 2021
Bro remove ur hand fr girls matter face ur book fr now
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by ChiefSosa(m): 2:49am On May 28, 2021
This is the time for you to love YOURSELF MORE. You're too focused on her and what she's got going on. Focus more on yourself and what makes you happy. There's more to life than being too infatuated with someone. You don't have to hate her, just put more effort into other things that interest you. You're losing focus on your studies, I hope you realize she's not losing focus on hers? E go shock u wen she go finish school, go marry born pikin and u go still dey struggle for school. No dey use woman mata dey bother yourself o, cause woman fit easily sort herself out for this life. Na man really get long way to go. Your egungun is not careful, you're allowing him to cross express for someone that won't cross gutter for you. Just do you bro and if this advice doesn't work, na e be say we go carry you enter ashawo quarter be that, talk to some Nlanders, dem go arrange location for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by FreeSpirited: 4:20am On May 28, 2021
Mid 20s...that shd be around 25 I guess. Go and learn how to toast babes...start toasting gals...randomly.
You don't have confidence. You are locked to a gal in an environment where thousands of gals are available. Lol. You are blinded with the delusion of scarcity of girls in the midst of plenty...
U have a lot to learn, unlearn and leave ur comfort zone.. otherwise, u will hate ursef cos gals will fuccking deal with ur self image and manhood. Nothing else to tell u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by bepositive11: 4:48am On May 28, 2021
First of all, ignore the comments telling you to sleep with girls left and right. Don't do that. You would lose sensitivity. Sex would lose its meaning to you. Men who do that can't even bond through sex anymore. I feel sorry for them.

What you should do now is channel all the love you had for her to yourself. It will take time, so take it one step at a time and be patient with yourself. Take care of yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally. Look for new opportunities of growth. Learn a new skill. These are just a few examples. Make your own list.

And don't try to force yourself to stop thinking about her. That'll only make you think about her more. When she comes up in your mind, let it pass and turn focus your mind on something else.

And for now, force yourself to study. Don't fail your exams because of her. It's really not worth the price you'll have to pay in the long run.

Another thing to remember is that if you truly loved her, you're never going to stop loving her, so just accept it and continue on with your life.

I will tell you my story. The exact same thing happened to me two years ago. One of the most painful experiences I've ever had in my life. Today, I'm doing really well. I have a great career going on for me. I'm just waiting for the pandemic to be over so that I can start traveling the world. They have also started showing interest in me, but I'm not interested anymore. They will always have a special place in my heart though.

Be positive. Turn this painful experience into a learning experience, into a growth experience. Make it change you for the better and learn from your mistakes.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Theagnosticdude: 5:45am On May 28, 2021
ChiefSosa:
This is the time for you to love YOURSELF MORE. You're too focused on her and what she's got going on. Focus more on yourself and what makes you happy. There's more to life than being too infatuated with someone. You don't have to hate her, just put more effort into other things that interest you. You're losing focus on your studies, I hope you realize she's not losing focus on hers? E go shock u wen she go finish school, go marry born pikin and u go still dey struggle for school. No dey use woman mata dey bother yourself o, cause woman fit easily sort herself out for this life. Na man really get long way to go. Your egungun is not careful, you're allowing him to cross express for someone that won't cross gutter for you. Just do you bro and if this advice doesn't work, na e be say we go carry you enter ashawo quarter be that, talk to some Nlanders, dem go arrange location for you.
Thanks for your candid advice.
Going to ashawo is not even among the least of my priorities now. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Theagnosticdude: 5:46am On May 28, 2021
bepositive11:
First of all, ignore the comments telling you to sleep with girls left and right. Don't do that. You would lose sensitivity. Sex would lose its meaning to you. Men who do that can't even bond through sex anymore. I feel sorry for them.

What you should do now is channel all the love you had for her to yourself. It will take time, so take it one step at a time and be patient with yourself. Take care of yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally. Look for new opportunities of growth. Learn a new skill. These are just a few examples. Make your own list.

And don't try to force yourself to stop thinking about her. That'll only make you think about her more. When she comes up in your mind, let it pass and turn focus your mind on something else.

And for now, force yourself to study. Don't fail your exams because of her. It's really not worth the price you'll have to pay in the long run.

Another thing to remember is that if you truly loved her, you're never going to stop loving her, so just accept it and continue on with your life.

I will tell you my story. The exact same thing happened to me two years ago. One of the most painful experiences I've ever had in my life. Today, I'm doing really well. I have a great career going on for me. I'm just waiting for the pandemic to be over so that I can start traveling the world. They have also started showing interest in me, but I'm not interested anymore. They will always have a special place in my heart though.

Be positive. Turn this painful experience into a learning experience, into a growth experience. Make it change you for the better and learn from your mistakes.
Thank you for your thought response

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by multiple4u: 5:50am On May 28, 2021
Bro why don't you focus on your studies. Finish school first. Women no dey finish. Your school is more important now.

She's seeing someone who is more important to her.

Thanks

[/quote]
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by multiple4u: 5:52am On May 28, 2021
You are not a simp. Every thing is not about simp.

Some people who call others simp is either they have not found love or they are lying. Love and feelings can make you look stupid. Someone men on here have seen shitty stuff from women.
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Theagnosticdude: 6:04am On May 28, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Mid 20s...that shd be around 25 I guess. Go and learn how to toast babes...start toasting gals...randomly.
You don't have confidence. You are locked to a gal in an environment where thousands of gals are available. Lol. You are blinded with the delusion of scarcity of girls in the midst of plenty...
U have a lot to learn, unlearn and leave ur comfort zone.. otherwise, u will hate ursef cos gals will fuccking deal with ur self image and manhood. Nothing else to tell u.
I know I have a lot to learn in the areas you mentioned... toasting, dating, confidence building etc. But I'm not a complete dumbass when it comes to this areas either. I know how to go out for the girls that I like. After my first relationship, I've been trying as much as I can to refrain from further relationships just to avoid heartbreaks. But I don't know how I couldn't hold back my feelings for this particular girl.
Well, all that I want right about now is not going out to find another date but to get her off mind completely.
Thanks though
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by teyiro2489: 6:11am On May 28, 2021
lilvicky68:
You have to choose between love and your studies.. concentrate on yourself..Las last na lust dey do you no be love..
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by FreeSpirited: 6:28am On May 28, 2021
Theagnosticdude:

I know I have a lot to learn in the areas you mentioned... toasting, dating, confidence building etc. But I'm not a complete dumbass when it comes to this areas either. I know how to go out for the girls that I like. After my first relationship, I've been trying as much as I can to refrain from further relationships just to avoid heartbreaks. But I don't know how I couldn't hold back my feelings for this particular girl.
Well, all that I want right about now is not going out to find another date but to get her off mind completely.
Thanks though
Getting another babe, or babes and having fun is the only fastest way to get her off ur mind......
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by bepositive11: 6:34am On May 28, 2021
Theagnosticdude:

Thank you for your thought response

It's my pleasure. All the best!
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by africandictator(m): 6:42am On May 28, 2021
Forget about love, you still have time. Start bodybuilding, improving yourself, hanging out with friends more, dressing better, get a perfume and a body spray and when you see her once in a while smile and have a conversation with her. A short conversation. You can also friendzone another girl and take her on a date. When she notices this she would begin to reconsider her stance.
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by 5ine: 6:58am On May 28, 2021
OP, first of all think of how to graduate and how you gona make money.
But before then, Just push dat care-less babe out of your mind. You don F, u don F.
She don see you finish guy ...she already know that u can't offer her anything better in a relationship.
I will advise you to unfriend her and start avoiding her gradually and then you boost your game. Find another girl you will be mingling with. So that when ever she sees u, she go know say na relationship they hungry u no be friendship.
....and for your life, never you hold friendship for long with a girl if you know you want relationship.
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by jimmychang: 7:16am On May 28, 2021
Theagnosticdude:
Thanks

Seems you are forcing yourself to forget her,bro take your time .You no be phone or computer wey one click she don delete from your memory... grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by obo389(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2021
Viridis:
Meet her face to face tell her strongly that don't want you to be ordinary friends. If she still refuse, avoid her. I tell you this, there is no way you will love a girl that you cannot move on, highest it will take time. Am telling you from first hand experience.

If you have friends, spend time with them it will help you heal quicker
Let him apply this methodology when he is done with exams grin
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by flokii: 7:50am On May 28, 2021
She gave you an answer that she isn't interested.. what else do you want?

You better face your studies before you fail exams and end up disappointing not only yourself but also your parents.

You still have donkey years ahead of you and you'd meet more classy and prettier babes as you climb up the ladder of success
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by HolyMonks: 10:04am On May 28, 2021
Nna eh.
Op you need to work on your mental and emotional growth.

Most people are matured physically but they are not emotional strong. You are a man and must learn to face rejection at unexpected points in your life that is what makes you a man.

Brace up and get over all this.
My few tips are.
1. Engage in sports activities as it will make you lack time to think about any lady at all.
Why do you think most boys enjoy football game.

2.avoid been alone as it might make room for thought be among friends to be cheered up.

3. Indulge in things you like doing as it will make you feel happy.

Peace.
If it does not help make you know say na juju be that cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Theagnosticdude: 2:03pm On May 28, 2021
Thank you all for all the advice
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by gentlestdude(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2021
all you need is a good blunt, and a good resetting slap to reset your brain
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2021
By the time you get like

3 Carry Over

4 D's

1 E

out of 8 courses, those feelings will die, just try it, it works like magic, thank me later
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by bobokeshington: 4:59pm On May 28, 2021
Theagnosticdude:
Thanks

ONEITIS IS KILLING YOU. YOU HAVE EXAMS IN TWO WEEKS TIME, LET THAT BE YOUR FOCUS
Re: How Do I Get Over Her Feelings? by fawaz22(m): 5:33pm On May 28, 2021
Start mingling with girls in your department or date someone she knows
Her jealous instincts will make her find you attractive and consider you for a date
Unless you are not attractive to her at all.

If I get likes for this nonsense I wrote then it is accurate that people in the worst situation give best advice.
My own dey my body(lol)

(1) (Reply)

Video: University Girl, Sponsor Caught Making Out In Hotel Room / Do I Look American? / What's The Longest Time You Have Spent Chasing A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.