Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished (17876 Views)

Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode / #EndSARS Promoters Must Be Punished - Garba Shehu / NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by tito44: 7:51am On May 28, 2021
Dozis:

The only sensible thing I have ever read from you

the guy will soon relapse. Just watch out

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On May 28, 2021
TGM2015:

I am not sure of your statistics but the law is indirectly saying report your child if you know or suspect them to be with friends you are not comfortable with.

You will agree with me that majority of the parents of the cultists, yahoo boys/girls, etc are either full aware or correctly suspicion of their child's involvement in such crime. Many must have gotten reports from family and friends on their children criminality or bad associations.

Hence, the law is justified logically, religiously and morally.
TGM2015:

I am not sure of your statistics but the law is indirectly saying report your child if you know or suspect them to be with friends you are not comfortable with.

You will agree with me that majority of the parents of the cultists, yahoo boys/girls, etc are either full aware or correctly suspicion of their child's involvement in such crime. Many must have gotten reports from family and friends on their children criminality or bad associations.

Hence, the law is justified logically, religiously and morally.
@the bolded, looking at it from that point of view, then that makes more sense.
Thanks for the more detailed analysis and clarification.
If it is about parents not reporting their children that are cultists, then they should face the music...squarely.
We are talking from the angle of parents not training their children in the right way, which sounds somehow to us.
But your post makes the news good music to our ears now.
Thanks!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Oshokalo: 7:53am On May 28, 2021
richmond500:
Good, most parents train their children to be slay queens while training their house-helps to be wife materials.

spare the Cain and spoil the child abi how them use talk am sef.
If ur pikin spoil, its ur fault, God didn't create him as a cultist
very true unknowingly to them they don't want hard life for them
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by DSC7: 7:53am On May 28, 2021
Aduroja123:

you no well grin grin grin

Our leaders no Balance upstairs grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Aketi2: 7:53am On May 28, 2021
It appears Sanwo is sniffing coke. If you will punish parents for the crimes of the children, then the Governor should be punished for failing to give that child good education.

#radarada
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Rushna27(f): 7:53am On May 28, 2021
wot a wrong and stupid judgement......... we have children who put up the best of d best character while ahome but turn something else outside d house.... u better review before enforcement
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Calitoscassius(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2021
richmond500:
u go beat the govt? Hahahaha.

God did not create u as a cultist, ur mother didn't play her part very well and is responsible for ur stupid choice
Governor is a human being, he is not invincible. He is not superman. cheesy

God didn't create me, God doesn't exist. My mother played her part very well... my mother is not responsible for my crimes.. as i ve said you don't have kids. If you did you would not sound like this.

People join cults and gangs because of peer pressure. Friends and mates from school. Sometimes they are even forced or threatned to join. Sometimes you don't even know that your friends are in gangs until you find out the hard way.

The best way to deal with the problem is to hold the cultists responsible for their crimes.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by jice(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2021
Sanwo don't become law himself
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by temiyato(m): 7:56am On May 28, 2021
In as much as this would have been a good news but,
Statistics shows that 80% of parents of cultists trained their children well, but some children will definitely bring reproach, disappointment and embarrassment to their parents.

Pls can u share the data sir.....
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by abbeyty90: 7:56am On May 28, 2021
Good if the child is still underage but not a grown up cultists with grey hair
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by goldman777: 7:57am On May 28, 2021
I dont know why this APC government is full of nimcompops always making laws 1millions step backwards can't this useless people have people with non oppressive intellectual ideas,from lai Mohammed, shehu garba,Pataki,mallami now this blind Lagos governor in glasses sawolu and their oga patapata bubu.I regret ever speaking in favourable position for this GOD forsaken party in the past GOD save Nigeria. Countries are using technology to fight crime this useless governor is feeling like general idi amin of Uganda under a Democratic government
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Luckydubby7(m): 7:57am On May 28, 2021
nonhuman:
This is the way to go, because parenting is a serious business, since the child is under 18 and not liable to face punishment in law court, the parents are to suffer the consequences, that is normal
If the child have no parents nkor
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Sheggy13(m): 7:57am On May 28, 2021
post=102131288:

In as much as this would have been a good news but,
Statistics shows that 80% of parents of cultists trained their children well, but some children will definitely bring reproach, disappointment and embarrassment to their parents.

But, do those animals reasons like normal humans?

@the bolded, looking at it from that point of view, then that makes more sense.
Thanks for the more detailed analysis and clarification.
If it is a little parents not reporting their children that are cultists, then they should face the music.
We are talking from the angle of parents not training their children in the right way, which sounds somehow to us.
Which empirical statistical research did you get this 80% figure from? While I agree with your premise that some of these cultists come from good homes, that 80% figure I feel is an overreaching claim.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Harmattan123(m): 7:58am On May 28, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Well said

Are you a cultist? Or father to cultist? If not, why then are you pained?

The law STANDS.

Mostly time, parental care is what those useless Children lack. .
With this, they'll rise to their responsibility well
For sure sir,
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by sclslf75(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2021
cults would not be cults if they were not outlawed!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by kingthreat(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2021
Maybe be punished with a fine if the child is under 18. Anything more than a fine is bullcrap
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by SenecaTheYonger: 8:00am On May 28, 2021
Finally, an end to cultism.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by SenecaTheYonger: 8:01am On May 28, 2021
Kings999:
This man dey mad...
So if a child na cultist you will also punish the parents, cheesy Because na the parents tell the pikin to join cult abi.. have you punish the soldiers that killed the innocent people in lekki tolegate...

C’mon shut up there, cultist
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by richmond500: 8:01am On May 28, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Governor is a human being, he is not invincible. He is not superman. cheesy

God didn't create me, God doesn't exist. My mother played her part very well... my mother is not responsible for my crimes.. as i ve said you don't have kids. If you did you would not sound like this.

People join cults and gangs because of peer pressure. Friends and mates from school. Sometimes they are even forced or threatned to join. Sometimes you don't even know that your friends are in gangs until you find out the hard way.
I never said Governor, I said will u beat the government?

If ur mother trained u very well, u won't joined, I have been enticed many times to join cultism but I refused to, my parents back then are wealthy and capable of providing my everyday needs, they advice me and I was my parents best friend, they know my friends, up till university, they weren't strict on me but they kept me in check, advice me, we usually have family discussion and fun, my dad will always gist what happened at work, mom will gist what happened at work, my sisters will gist about the boys that approach them and i always gist about my friends, I grew up and and didn't see any relevant things in cultism as it takes away happiness.

Ur parents did a bad job in bringing u up
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Fiscus105(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2021
nonhuman:
This is the way to go, because parenting is a serious business, since the child is under 18 and not liable to face punishment in law court, the parents are to suffer the consequences, that is normal

many of the parents aware that their children involving in yahooo and other fraudulent and rituals activities yet they back them, infact I knew a man who is also a chief, who is the one fronting for all assets acquired fraudulently by his teenage child, the child wrote his dad's name as owner of his luxury cars he is using, whenever any security agents stopped this guy on highway, he would told them to call his dad to confirm and when they do so, dad would confirm it to be truth.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Nobody: 8:02am On May 28, 2021
That's stupid. Parents are responsible for raising their childrenb only. Not the decisions their children make.

This is a dangerous road they're taking because knowing Nigerian police, imagine the massive number of innocent children AND parents they will harrass (and exploit) all in the name of this new directive. Someone needs to speak sense to this governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On May 28, 2021
Sheggy13:

Which empirical statistical research did you get this 80% figure from? While I agree with your premise that some of these cultists come from good homes, that 80% figure I feel is an overreaching claim.
Let us bring our statistics down to 55% cos of your sensible post.
Or you think 45% will be okay?
Let's negotiate Egbon Sege!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:03am On May 28, 2021
nonhuman:

The emotional trauma and shame of seeing their children arrested for cultism let alone convicted is enough. Punishing their parents after convicting their children is just too much and unnecessary. My humble opinion sha.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by matm: 8:03am On May 28, 2021
That's nice.Some Nigerian parents have cast discipline to d mud.They even go to d school to fight teachers who discipline their kids.Discipline is what they call child abuse all in d name o of immitating d white men's culture.
They will tell u,don't u ever touch a child no matter what he/she does rather debt him of access to phone,toys etc forgetting dt there are individual differences.Many kids need spanking as mode of corrections.its only few,dt adhere to oral cautioning.
D law will make parents live up to their responsibilities.
A child today is tommorows adult.Say no to foolish pampering.Not using discipline I. correcting a child who errs,is the greatest child abuse.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by SenecaTheYonger: 8:03am On May 28, 2021
post=102131292:
Do you know how many children of Pastors, Alhajis, Doctors, Lawyers etc are cultists?

We will like to know how this punishment will actually be meted out.

This is simply preposterous and outrageous!

Then 98% of parents in Rivers State should be ready to go to Jail then!
Rivers where we dey?
Na dem HQ!
Na blood of Jesus dey guide us o!

All those professions you mentioned has nothing to do with being a good parent. Most of them are even absent from their children’s life. But this way, more people will pay attention to their children’s social life.

You guys don’t ever want to do anything. Just want to sit down and blame government for every little thing.

Black people and blame game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by joyandfaith: 8:04am On May 28, 2021
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by BigBrother54321: 8:05am On May 28, 2021
Parent and sisters of cultist na dem useless pass. One of my aunties like that na the head of d useless mama dem! Tufiakwa!

Dem must suffer inside. Mama go hear say your pikin dey kill people up and down if dem arrest am you go carry wrapper go bail am if e reach house you go cook give am. Na ogun go kill all of una

cultists dey wey go dey dey brag say na their mama dey their back. cursed generation/lineage
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Vireani79: 8:05am On May 28, 2021
Do children join cults....whats this fool saying.......a grown man or lady is not a child....is it that ones they get to power they see us as kids....no wonder Desmond idiot said we are children

an adult joins a cult ......its no business his or her parents ...leave the parents alone idiot angry angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by AfroKnight: 8:05am On May 28, 2021
This is an unjust law.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Flier: 8:06am On May 28, 2021
nonhuman:
And you think you can control your children without the help of God
The law will never see the light of the day,it make no sense
I can’t understand why a whole governor would spit such nonsense,he is just a dullard
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Ephemia: 8:06am On May 28, 2021
We will start from your mother sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Calitoscassius(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2021
ModestGal:

You don't know the meaning of good parental upbringing. No matter what you are,it is the fault of your parents

Your personality/behaviour is determined by two factors, environment and genetics.
Parents provide both environment and genetics for you. Training a child goes beyond telling the child what to do and what not to do, it goes beyond disciplining a child.
Have you seen people coming back to Nigeria just because they want to raise thier children well? They are trying to train the child in the right environment, because it really matters in what a child becomes

Have you seen parents researching schools and the type of children going into the school? Thats trying to put the child in the right environment to grow

Genetics can also prone people to become a cultist, that has to do with what you inherited mentally from your parents. We often inherent emotions, the way we perceive the world etc.
We all have our default logic, that we inherited, that's why we have two twins, where one is extremely gentle and calm and the other a complete opposite, even though they are trained by thesame parents.
It is the duty of parents to be self aware of their mental health,so that they know what they will transfer their children, as well as study their childrens mentally, so they know how to best train them.
In Nigeria, what they think good parenting is, is shouting and screaming "don't join bad gangs', taking children to church, beating children, they do not care about the root causes of anti social behaviours, which many atoms deeper than what is seen on the surface. Sometimes,it's not because a child join bad gangs, that's why no matter how some children are told not to, they still do. Meanwhile,some will never join bad gangs even if no one tells them.

How many parents care if thier children has low self esteem?, low confidence, easily influenced etc

Parenting is WORk, but 90% of Nigerians see if as fun, and give birth like dogs.
If they start punishing parents, people will start understanding they have a job to do, and we will have many people that would lock up their sexual organs, so we can live in a saner climate
I can bet my butt you have no children. If you did you would not come out with a these rubbish.

People join gangs because of peer pressure. Coercion by school friends, street hommies. Sometimes even threatned to join. Sometimes you don't even know that you have been initiated.

The best way to resolve the problem is by holding criminals responsible for their crimes. Otherwise criminals would resort to blaming their innocent parents.

Some children rebel against their parents regardless of how well they were raised. You as a parent cannot follow your child were ever they go 24/7. You might aswell lock them indoors and never let them out. grin

As i ve said you have never raised a 17, 18 or 19 years old teenager.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NMDPRA Licenses Eterna, Emadeb To Begin Petrol Importation From July / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Two Teenagers In Enugu / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.