Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished (17848 Views)

Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode / #EndSARS Promoters Must Be Punished - Garba Shehu / NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by sonsomegrigbo: 8:06am On May 28, 2021
Kings999:
This man dey mad...
So if a child na cultist you will also punish the parents, cheesy Because na the parents tell the pikin to join cult abi.. have you punish the soldiers that killed the innocent people in lekki tolegate...

The people who brought you up are responsible for whoever you are today.

The parents should be punished alongside their ill brought up children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by delequake(m): 8:10am On May 28, 2021
That is the stupidest thing i have heard today.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Flier: 8:11am On May 28, 2021
sonsomegrigbo:

The people who brought you up are responsible for whoever you are today.

The parents should be punished alongside their ill brought up children
Clap for your yourself,I believe you don’t have children
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by sonsomegrigbo: 8:13am On May 28, 2021
advanceDNA:
All our politicians are doing drugs....

That's the reason for you to be a cultist?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Calitoscassius(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2021
richmond500:
I never said Governor, I said will u beat the government?

If ur mother trained u very well, u won't joined, I have been enticed many times to join cultism but I refused to, my parents back then are wealthy and capable of providing my everyday needs, they advice me and I was my parents best friend, they know my friends, up till university, they weren't strict on me but they kept me in check, advice me, we usually have family discussion and fun, my dad will always gist what happened at work, mom will gist what happened at work, my sisters will gist about the boys that approach them and i always gist about my friends, I grew up and and didn't see any relevant things in cultism as it takes away happiness.

Ur parents did a bad job in bringing u up
Government that cannot take care of boko haram and unknown gun men. grin grin goverment do not care about cultists, the same cultists they recruit during campaigns?

Your parents are wealthy. Every body's parents are not wealthy, some parents cannot even feed their own children, some children never see their father for weeks. Some children go hungry for days. It wasn't because your parents were wealthy. You just weren't enticed like you said. There are so many wealthy kids in cults or gangs.

You don't know my parents. They are the best parents. I made the choice of becoming a gang member there was nothing my parents could have done to stop me.

Are you blaming my parents for not been wealthy? undecided

When you have your own kids we will see how you are gonna raise them.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by dynamic006(m): 8:16am On May 28, 2021
The governor of Lagos state should be punished for any misappropriate fund in Lagos state. How does that sound in his earing. Awon Olodo
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by blackmaine: 8:18am On May 28, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Well said

Are you a cultist? Or father to cultist? If not, why then are you pained?

The law STANDS.

Mostly time, parental care is what those useless Children lack. .
With this, they'll rise to their responsibility well
Ogah una dey reason like fools, the matter should be if you're caught as a public holder and it has happens you embezzled our money , your children would follow, if you're a leader and you support thuggery of any kind , during or after election your children would follow, see stupid Governor who won with the help of cultists clamouring for bullshit, many top top politicians can't do without cultism because with thuggery you can snatch ballot boxes and win elections

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by PrinceMajestic: 8:19am On May 28, 2021
Its a good news but mostly needed in delta state where stupid parents boast with their stupid cultist children
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by abbeyty90: 8:20am On May 28, 2021
Maybe their parents should be convicted for stealing public money. bunch of crininals
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by nonhuman(m): 8:21am On May 28, 2021
Flier:
And you think you can control your children without the help of God
The law will never see the light of the day,it make no sense
I can’t understand why a whole governor would spit such nonsense,he is just a dullard
this is where you lot fail, instead of doing what you meant to do but because of laziness you leave it for God just to have excuse for your failures, African mans brain is too foolish
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by chatinent: 8:22am On May 28, 2021
I'm just assuming I am a good parent and my child chooses to be bad..but I am punished for his ways.

No bi after the punishment I just sell am?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Bahamas95(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2021
I don't think this is a good idea. Some children behave like animals no matter how hard you make them act like humans.....Parents should also buckle up, some of them ain't doing their homework very well. "Abeg leave am jare, na small pikin" is the cause of many problems we are facing in the society today.

If children are well disciplined from childhood it is kinda rare for them to go astray when they become adults. Charity begins at home......The polithiefcians looting today started from somewhere, probably by stealing meat/fish from their mum's pot. Mama go serve food give them with one meat, dem go pass back go collect extra meat(s) That's the spirit of OJUKOKORORISM.

Imagine what the guy on the left would become if he becomes a leader tomorrow.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by nonhuman(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2021
Mitishi:

Really? So the parents should follow their children to the university in other to monitor them from joining cult abi.
their are serious cultism in secondary schools
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by wirinet(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2021
Kings999:
This man dey mad...
So if a child na cultist you will also punish the parents, cheesy Because na the parents tell the pikin to join cult abi.. have you punish the soldiers that killed the innocent people in lekki tolegate...
Parents cannot be exonerated from the crimes of their children. Most times they support or actively participate in the crimes of their children. I have seen numerous examples of where yahoo boys buys assets such as cars and houses from the proceeds of their criminal activities with their fathers or mother's name.
A student you sent to school will bring home a. Toyota Venza or an iPhone X and you as a parent will pray and bless the child, is than no being an accessory to a crime?

I can confidently say up to 90% of cultists, yahoo boys, kidnappers, armed robbers are encouraged by their parents.

In the past the crimes of just one family member were visited on the whole family. If just one child is a thief. The community will brand the whole family as thieves and avoid that family. If the father is a known drunkard, no one will marry into that family no matter how rich they are. But now our societal values are inverted, society celebrate criminals, cultists and ritualized.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by ThatFairGuy: 8:25am On May 28, 2021
Why this anger. Are you a cultist
blackmaine:
Ogah una dey reason like fools, the matter should be if you're caught as a public holder and it has happens you embezzled our money , your children would follow, if you're a leader and you support thuggery of any kind , during or after election your children would follow, see stupid Governor who won with the help of cultists clamouring for bullshit, many top top politicians can't do without cultism because with thuggery you can snatch ballot boxes and win elections
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Simplythebest: 8:29am On May 28, 2021
What kind of stupid law is this. How many children have spend in a 4 years course. Some spend 5 years in school for a 2 years course who are we going to punish for it. They should leave what they are supposed to do and be doing nonsense. They Aboro guys are the once supporting them and using them still our leaders. During election time will those guys just go to pulling unit and scatter and distory election or carrying the ballot box without anyone sending them. Who are they people sending them is it their parents and how many of those sending them have police or government arrested and punish. This people should just focus on their stealing and leave innocent parents alone.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Valkrie: 8:33am On May 28, 2021
damilola4162:

https://newspremises.com.ng/parents-of-children-convicted-of-cultismll-be-punished-says-sanwo-olu/

What about parent of criminals like yourself who embezzled and are embezzling the masses money on an industrial scale thereby contributing to the factor that fuel the activities of these cultists?

How we wan come take judge the case now...?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by wirinet(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2021
Bahamas95:
I don't think this is a good idea. Some children behave like animals no matter how hard you make them act like humans.....Parents should also buckle up, some of them ain't doing their homework very well. "Abeg leave am jare, na small pikin" is the cause of many problems we are facing in the society today.

If children are well disciplined from childhood it is kinda rare for them to go astray when they become adults. Charity begins at home ......The polithiefcians looting today started from somewhere, probably by stealing meat/fish from their mum's pot. Mama go serve food give them with one meat, dem go pass back go collect extra meat(s) That's the spirit of OJUKOKORORISM.

Imagine what the guy on the left would become if he becomes a leader tomorrow.

That's what most people don't understand yet. Children get their values from the home. The problem nowadays is that most parents fail to train and instill good moral values in their children. My children would never take what does not belong to them or what I did not give them permission for. If my 12 year old boy sees N50 on the floor while sweeping, he will bring it to me. None of my chiodren had ever been accused by anyone of stealing anything. If something is missing in their school, they don't even bother asking my children not to talk of searching them. If the parents displays integrity, the children too will project integrity where ever they go.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by wetmenow: 8:34am On May 28, 2021
Nice one
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by hybridblood07(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2021
You've brain issue. Haven't you seen a case where the child decides to involve himself in evil deeds no matter the upbringing. Don't have we pastors children who go into ashawo business.
nonhuman:
This is the way to go, because parenting is a serious business, since the child is under 18 and not liable to face punishment in law court, the parents are to suffer the consequences, that is normal
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by sageb: 8:37am On May 28, 2021
ModestGal:

You don't know the meaning of good parental upbringing. No matter what you are,it is the fault of your parents

Your personality/behaviour is determined by two factors, environment and genetics.
Parents provide both environment and genetics for you. Training a child goes beyond telling the child what to do and what not to do, it goes beyond disciplining a child.
Have you seen people coming back to Nigeria just because they want to raise thier children well? They are trying to train the child in the right environment, because it really matters in what a child becomes

Have you seen parents researching schools and the type of children going into the school? Thats trying to put the child in the right environment to grow

Genetics can also prone people to become a cultist, that has to do with what you inherited mentally from your parents. We often inherent emotions, the way we perceive the world etc.
We all have our default logic, that we inherited, that's why we have two twins, where one is extremely gentle and calm and the other a complete opposite, even though they are trained by thesame parents.
It is the duty of parents to be self aware of their mental health,so that they know what they will transfer their children, as well as study their childrens mentally, so they know how to best train them.
In Nigeria, what they think good parenting is, is shouting and screaming "don't join bad gangs', taking children to church, beating children, they do not care about the root causes of anti social behaviours, which many atoms deeper than what is seen on the surface. Sometimes,it's not because a child join bad gangs, that's why no matter how some children are told not to, they still do. Meanwhile,some will never join bad gangs even if no one tells them.

How many parents care if thier children has low self esteem?, low confidence, easily influenced etc

Parenting is WORk, but 90% of Nigerians see if as fun, and give birth like dogs.
If they start punishing parents, people will start understanding they have a job to do, and we will have many people that would lock up their sexual organs, so we can live in a saner climate

Nature and Nurture influences an individual.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by hybridblood07(m): 8:37am On May 28, 2021
You're very wrong. A child decides his future by him or herself. Haven't you seen a child that decided to follow the good path and his parents are evil..
tolumizzy:
I support you Mr Governor.... Bad parent breed bad children
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by ImaIma1(f): 8:38am On May 28, 2021
Where I used to stay, the parents of cultists used to brag with their children and use them to threaten people.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by wirinet(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2021
Simplythebest:
What kind of stupid law is this. How many children have spend in a 4 years course. Some spend 5 years in school for a 2 years course who are we going to punish for it. They should leave what they are supposed to do and be doing nonsense. They Aboro guys are the once supporting them and using them still our leaders. During election time will those guys just go to pulling unit and scatter and distory election or carrying the ballot box without anyone sending them. Who are they people sending them is it their parents and how many of those sending them have police or government arrested and punish. This people should just focus on their stealing and leave innocent parents alone.

I think what the law is trying to achieve is to discourage parents from being accessories to the crimes of their children. If the child is above 18 and the parents had no knowledge at all of the criminal activities of their children, then they can be excused. But if your child brings home a N6 million car without any explanation and parks it in your compound, and you as a parent did not report to police. Then you are an accessory to the crime
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by bigtt76(f): 8:40am On May 28, 2021
What kind of law is this? If the cultists are above 18 years old, how's their actions the responsibility of the family?

damilola4162:

https://newspremises.com.ng/parents-of-children-convicted-of-cultismll-be-punished-says-sanwo-olu/
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by rollandben(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2021
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2021
Cultism is more of a government failure than a parental failure.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by ubee(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2021
This is just another show of ineptness from our leaders - an unfortunate trend that continues to plague this country.
They are not up to scratch in governing, and when they attempt to be creative as the case with this governor, they reveal such shallow sense of reasoning by bringing police that makes you wonder if they have thinking heads in the cabinet.

Why should the parents be punished? It's just crazy how these people think. The parents are not the ones dragging their kids out to become cultists. There are many conditions, situations and realities that life presents to people, and families and if a child ends up being wayward and gets into criminality, let the kid be held accountable and face the wrath of the law.
The cultist being sentenced to jail time or even death is enough punishment for the parents.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by whale123: 8:57am On May 28, 2021
SouthSideGee:
What will happen to the parents that have 3 children....2 chooses to be responsible....and as usual 1 chooses to be the black sheep...

Will you punish such parents for the actions and decision made by the black sheep while neglecting their efforts on the other 2...

Without being ignorant of the fact that some children Just want to live on the Highway irrespective of how they were brought up
This Sanwo Olu na real Sanwo Mumu

Parent should single handedly report him or her to law enforcement agency before he or she brings reproach to the family
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Bahamas95(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2021
wirinet:

That's what most people don't understand yet. Children get their values from the home. The problem nowadays is that most parents fail to train and instill good moral values in their children. My children would never take what does not belong to them or what I did not give them permission for. If my 12 year old boy sees N50 on the floor while sweeping, he will bring it to me. None of my chiodren had ever been accused by anyone of stealing anything. If something is missing in their school, they don't even bother asking my children not to talk of searching them. If the parents displays integrity, the children too will project integrity where ever they go.
Would you believe even at my age I find it difficult to eat meat when eating my food, the meat/fish is always the last thing I eat.....My friends always laugh and taunt me whenever we are eating together, calling me mummy's boy. I ain't faking it, it has become part of me because I was brought up like that. Even if I wanna force myself to eat so they won't cheat me my hands will just be shaking as if I got fever. To pick meat will become a problem. I go just vex tell dem say "abeg I wan separate my meat" grin

There are many things people do easily that I can't do. My mum always tell us something, that if anyone accuse us of stealing or any other thing she knows we don't indulge in she would go any length to make sure we are vindicated cos she knows the kinda children she gave birth to.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by wirinet(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2021
SlayQueenSlayer:
Cultism is more of a government failure than a parental failure.
I disagree. Cultism is more of a parental and societal failure than a governmental failure. In my days cultism was restricted to higher institutions. It was an offshoot of fraternity. Now cultism has seeped into the secondary schools and the streets. In ikorodu here almost every youth whether in school or not is a member of one cult group or the other. And what's the aims and objectives of these cult gangs?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished by Feggie3: 9:06am On May 28, 2021
SouthSideGee:
What will happen to the parents that have 3 children....2 chooses to be responsible....and as usual 1 chooses to be the black sheep...

Will you punish such parents for the actions and decision made by the black sheep while neglecting their efforts on the other 2...

Without being ignorant of the fact that some children Just want to live on the Highway irrespective of how they were brought up

This Sanwo Olu na real Sanwo Mumu
You tried making a good point. But before a child turns a nuisance/terrorist to the society the father or mother should first hand him over to the police before they get them implicated.
I had someone who duped me of 150,000 naira. When I found out and threatened him of going to his village to arrest and destroy his widowed mother's little shop, he immediately transferred my money back to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Writes INEC, Postpones Congresses Indefinitely / Saudi Prince Invitation : Osinbajo To Represent Buhari On Trip / Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.