Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

Wife's Mid-life Crises ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife's Mid-life Crises ? (949 Views)

Plz Help, My Girl Doesn't Like Having $ex With Me Mid Night Only Day Time / Nice Slow/mid Tempo Songs To Listen To After Breakup Or When Not Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by macjive01: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
I'm confused my wife of 10 years is beginning to  act funny.
She walks around the house unclothed but avoid any kind of physical contact with me.

I'm 49 she is 35. I luv her and still lust over her, if I suggest let's hv an early night she wud rather stay up late- watching home videos !
She has also avoided kiss or cuddling. The last we had sex was at Christmas.
I do everything for her. I cook, clean and iron, buy her nice expensive things, yet. I paid for her mum's n sister's ticket to visit us last Xmas despite I was skint, I now hv so much debt that I will never be able to pay back.

I hv never had a reason to suspect my wife of infidelity but at this point i'm getting confused.

I summoned the courage and spoke to her mum abt it,  she suggested I "show my wife more love n shower her with more goodies", as if I wasn't doing enuf, that it cud b she is having  mid-life crises. I don't know but I think I buy her a lot already. I can't remember the last time I went shopping  for myself. Im really tired but I can't afford a divorce at this age.

Is ther any married man out there having/had same or similar experience ?  Kindly advise me .
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by neily(f): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2011
sorry for that. but no comment.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by nanidee(f): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
awww, you sound like you really love her.

Have you tried seating down and talking to her about this? Maybe you should try this, and let her know exactly how you feel about this. Try to reach her deep down inside, so you know exactly what is causing this. She may be going through stuff, you know?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by yiboboy: 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
macjive01:

Is ther any married man out there having/had same or similar experience ?  Kindly advise me .

Good question, 90% of posters on here are not married, most are barely out of their diapers. For this kind of question NVS is more apt. But we go try advice u 2 the best of our abilities.

Is she gainfully employed?

Are there goals and aspirations she feels she's yet to fulfill? Money nor be everything oooh!

Communication, communication and more communication. . . obsereve her when she's not aware, what are those little, purportedly insignificant things u used to do together that is now missing?

You da man, go with your instinct, mine never fails me.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by harakiri(m): 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2011
I have commented earlier on the duplicate of this thread in the family section. There is a sickening trend i've noticed in these forums. . . Whenever a guy comes around talking about issues about his partner, everybody jumps the bandwagon to ask him if "he has sat her down to talk" and all that. Reading the thread alone is enough to tell you that he has done all he could before deciding to consult her mother (who apparently had nothing useful to contribute). @Poster. . . Read my comments in the family section and visit this website to help yourself : www.womensinfidelity.com
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by yiboboy: 11:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
^^^^ Shuo, na fight? Na where people experience reach na hin dem discuss na! What else u expect from a site predominantly populated by youngsters?

Ogbeni, bu omi suru mu oooh!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by nanidee(f): 1:33am On May 01, 2011
harakiri:

I have commented earlier on the duplicate of this thread in the family section. There is a sickening trend i've noticed in these forums. . . Whenever a guy comes around talking about issues about his partner, everybody jumps the bandwagon to ask him if "he has sat her down to talk" and all that. Reading the thread alone is enough to tell you that he has done all he could before deciding to consult her mother (who apparently had nothing useful to contribute). @Poster. . . Read my comments in the family section and visit this website to help yourself : www.womensinfidelity.com

drink a cold glass of water and relax.While you are at that, listen to some cool stress-relieving music.

No one is fighting or arguing with you.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by HighChief4(m): 2:09am On May 01, 2011
@OP You might not get what is the actual problem directly from her, but if there is someone you knw she listens to, maybe your pastor/Rev/Imam you can have the person talk to her. Women most times are so deep that we barely understand them. I feel your pains bro
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by MMM2(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2011
op
just pray 2 GOD.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by 190: 8:48am On May 01, 2011
harakiri:

Splendid advice!

But why would she walk around naked and keep temptin you shocked shocked
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by fawazbruce: 10:39pm On May 01, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by r231(m): 10:45pm On May 01, 2011
try marriage counselling

or if you guys have a pastor, you might wanna talk to your pastor

good luck
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by MrsChima(f): 10:49pm On May 01, 2011
Pastors got issues too.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Nobody: 3:39am On May 02, 2011
^^ In the same way a psychiatrist can also have mental issues too. Doesn't change the fact that they can still help.

\It's generally easier to wash someone's back than your own.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by esteduca(m): 2:37pm On May 02, 2011
Since somebody said you spoke with your wife, you should let us know how she justified this new behaviour.
From what you say I don't think she is cheating you, but maybe, she is under the attention of somebody.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Goldieluks: 2:49pm On May 02, 2011
Aww i feel for you,it is good you don't want to divorce her.
My advise for you is first of all,pray to God,and fast if possible,ask God to bring
your wife back to you.maybe she might be having a bit of mental breakdown(please no offence),or she may be depressed,
why not do a research on mid-life crisis,just to be sure. smiley
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by 190: 2:51pm On May 02, 2011
Goldieluks:

Aww i feel for you,it is good you don't want to divorce her.
My advise for you is first of all,pray to God,and fast if possible,ask God to bring
your wife back to you.maybe she might be having a bit of mental breakdown(please no offence),or she may be depressed,
who not do a research on mid-life crisis,just to be sure. smiley

Na wa ooh!!

@Post!

Yes follow her advice
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by macjive01: 6:30pm On May 02, 2011
So if I pray God wud shift his attention from the 6billion plus" other people he is watching to focus his attention on my wife.
I appreciate ur response but let not involve God in this please.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by ayanfemy(f): 7:00pm On May 02, 2011
it happens in most marriages, identify what catches her fancy, those little things u did wen courting her, or d ''harmless'' comments she passes while watching home videos, with that u may discover what she really want, definitely she doesnt need d gifts u bought 4 ha on credit, whatever u discover no matter how 'foolish' it seems start doing them, walking around naked? she is passing messages' read btw d lines n act fast b4 a guy out there will ''understand'' her!!!!!!!!! and please dont ignore d power of a loving husband so pray to God 4 direction!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 02, 2011
walking around naked, yet not agreeing to hammering.

Sounds like your wife has a rape fantasy grin
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Goldieluks: 7:50pm On May 02, 2011
macjive01:

So if I pray God wud shift his attention from the 6billion plus" other people he is watching to focus his attention on my wife.
I appreciate your response but let not involve God in this please.

God is the maker of good marriages,if you deny his help,
you will remain unhappy,go to Him and cast all your cares upon him.
cheers smiley
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by agabaI23(m): 8:00pm On May 02, 2011
I don't know if you guys read where he said in one of his replies that she plans on going on a holiday with the 'girls' and she wants him to pay for it but the bobo has refused.

This I think is used as an excuse but there is something happening underground. She has gone without for 4 months at 35. She be wood?

She is actually punishing the guy deliberately and/or seeking for an avenue to get a ra.pe so that she could call the cops on him . . . so many things come to mind ma na o gbaro aka
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 02, 2011
macjive01:

I appreciate your response but let not involve God in this please.

And this right there is the root of all your marital problems.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by Welder(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2011
^^^Seconded

Goldieluks:

God is the maker of good marriages,if you deny his help,
you will remain unhappy,go to Him and cast all your cares upon him.
cheers smiley

Tell him cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises ? by BabaH1: 7:12pm On May 04, 2011
Haba its absolutely wrong for a woman to deny her husband of sex for 4months. Bible condemns it, even if she is fasting she has to seek your consent, that means there must be a mutual agreement, she will eventually push the man into having an extramarital affair tongue, I see sex in marriage as an obligation, It's not what you do when you feel like, Partner should see it as a responsibility that there spouse are sexually satisfied, I can't deny my wife even after a hard day at work, It's my duty because if she may go outside and bring HIV or any other STD home. Sit her done and explain to her the implication of what she is doing maybe she doesn't know, But if she refuses to listen, O boy you have to look for a safe way to satisfy your sexual orgies outside, Remember, body no be fire wood!!!!! you can't retire at 49, Play save, AIDS is real cool

(1) (Reply)

She Is So Fine / Whats The Meaning Of This? / Please Advice Me Peeps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.