Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,841 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Wife's Mid-life Crises? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife's Mid-life Crises? (10433 Views)

About Mid-life Transition / Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment / Men Do Have Mid Life Crisis Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 02, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by cantell(m): 6:33pm On May 02, 2011
Op,
There's nothing like mid crisis at her age. I mean, she's only 35!
She's either bored and desperately wants your attention or she's got some problems that might be connected with guilt. She did something and her conscience won't let her be.
Whatever it may be, try and talk to her.
Goodluck!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kokogee: 7:03pm On May 02, 2011
chaircover:

It crossed my mind that there could be a possibility of an affiar that she has found out about. People react to these kinds of things differently. Some women have deeper stomachs than others

I don't think she found out any affair bcs op made us to understand that since Dec (4 mnths from now), she has refused se.x without any reason; op has turned himself to house-maid in order to get closer to the wife (who eats whenever op cooks, wears the cloth op washes without raising an eye brow) and yet she would not say anything. What I can say to this is that the guy has overpampered her such that she now believes that the guy would be useless without her(since he wants to do everything including most absurd to avoid divorce) she is in control of the guy's life. The worst of it is that the guy is heavily indebted(buying gift and the wife keeps collecting the gifts) and still he is not able to know why the wife is behaving strangely after ten(10) years of marriage! WHAT A HELL THE GUY IS LIVING IN!!!

The question I keep asking is that: has anyman get married and his expenditure reduces? If NO, why do men have to pass thru near hell to get a woman to marry? even if you(Guy) passed thru challenges to marry, why should you suffer to keep the marriage? and if men should bear the burden of keeping a marriage going, WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A WOMAN IN A MARRIAGE?; is their(women) responsibilities just to give birth to children and create problems in the house? I'M CONFUSED!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by vislabraye(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2011
Mid life crisis iko. How can a wife suddenly become frigid over night with no explanation? Or is it a demonic attack?

Being good or too nice is not the solution. It could be she's having an extra marital affair, Just call her and speakl about it to know the way 4ward
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by skelemba: 8:30pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by damola1: 9:17pm On May 02, 2011
My father always told me, to make my money and not kill myself over anybody. Make your money he said,  enjoy your money,  if you die because of a woman, 6 men will climb her, on ya GRAVE yard!,

And since there's nothing new under the sun, and as I grow older, the more I agree with paps, I will just stick to this rule!!!!!,
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 02, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kokogee: 9:36pm On May 02, 2011
@chaircover,

are u saying that in UK, men come back from long-hour work to do house choirs for the wives whom have been @ home all day. U know that poster's wife has no job, but he still cooks and do sm cleaning which I blv is meant to persuade the wife.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 02, 2011
damola1:

My father always told me, to make my money and not kill myself over anybody. Make your money he said,  enjoy your money,  if you die because of a woman, 6 men will climb her, on ya GRAVE yard!,

And since there's nothing new under the sun, and as I grow older, the more I agree with paps, I will just stick to this rule!!!!!, 

Wise words from a wise and vastly experienced man. Although I can't help but wonder why 6 men? And why, of all places, the inevitable has to take place on one's 'grave yard'. Lol. Your popsi sabi every. Correct man. No woman is worth the effort, except perhaps your mother or some godmother who made you what you are/would become. The rest would have no gratitude after everything, and worse still no mercy when they want to crush your balls - for committing the mortal sin of loving them too much or treating them too nicely.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 02, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by agabaI23(m): 10:01pm On May 02, 2011
pro01:

Wise words from a wise and vastly experienced man. [b]Although I can't help but wonder why 6 men? And why, of all places, the inevitable has to take place on one's 'grave yard'. [/b]Lol. Your popsi sabi every. Correct man. No woman is worth the effort, except perhaps your mother or some godmother who made you what you are/would become. The rest would have no gratitude after everything, and worse still no mercy when they want to crush your balls - for committing the mortal sin of loving them too much or treating them too nicely.[color=#990000][/color]
he is just saying that they won't even wait for the woman to get home after burial before they climb her. In other words she may start sleeping around the moment he is gone.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by armyofone(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2011
maybe your wife is burnt out undecided

why not go on a 2-3weeks vacation? give her money to go shop for clothes to take with her, i mean sexy clothes grin
go somewhere go relax for beach, place where you will get served all thru, no work for anyone cool come back and tell us how it went.

no come complain for here when maybe your lady is burnt out wink
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by pareto(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2011
she caught you cheating on her and you are doing everything to please her because of your guilty conscience.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kokogee: 10:11pm On May 02, 2011
chaircover, if the wife is working; how come she is asking him to pay for her friend ticket? also, how come the man is financing every bill in the house including tiket to fly the wife's relative from Nigeria to London if the wife is working? If the wife is not paying any bill, then, impliedly she is not working to the extent that she ran her huband into debt. Don't 4get that the guy picked the lady from Nigeria sm years back.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by armyofone(m): 10:14pm On May 02, 2011
pareto:

she caught you cheating on her and you are doing everything to please her because of your guilty conscience.

oh oh! na the problem be that?
abeg madam, carry on with the thing you are doing to teach him a lessson aka midwife crisis kiss
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 02, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by agabaI23(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2011
chaircover:

@kokogee I work but my husband still spoils me. The fact that her hubby pays a few of her bills doesnt mean that she doesnt work or that he pays ALL the bills.

In response to your other point about the husband bringing her from Nigeria; they have been married for 10 years. She is not a JJC and I would imagine that by now she is settled in whatever profession that she has chosen.

You wont belevie how many problems in marriages stem from money and sex issues
Experience ooo experience. tell us more! undecided
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kokogee: 10:34pm On May 02, 2011
chaircover, u mean ur husband would finance the tickets of the family and u'd still ask him to get ticket 4 ur friend as well and he'd accept?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 02, 2011
//.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 02, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Fhemmmy: 10:59pm On May 02, 2011
I will advice you have a real talk, cos at the age of hers, she should be having so much fun and not being irritated or shying away from good fun . . . .

Good luck
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On May 02, 2011
armyofone:

maybe your wife is burnt out undecided

why not go on a 2-3weeks vacation? give her money to go shop for clothes to take with her, i mean sexy clothes grin
go somewhere go relax for beach, place where you will get served all thru, no work for anyone cool come back and tell us how it went.

no come complain for here when maybe your lady is burnt out wink

Burnt from doing what? Does she work in a bakery or does she work with Hell Fire incorporated.

Money to shop for clothes? Why cant she use her own money to shop for her own clothes or use her own money to go to a beach
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kokogee: 11:13pm On May 02, 2011
@ cahaircover, is like u'r not getting clearly; the husband is indebted, u'r working but not indebted(since u said the wife is working) and probably the friend is working as well - would u still ask ur husband who is currently indebted to finance ur friend's ticket while u save all ur money? meanwhile the husband is still the house-maid after they run him into debt with unnecessary expenses of wife's friends and family.

What I can say is that the man has chosen a path to sufferness, bankruptcy and early grave if he continues that way. He needs to be a man that can stand and take decisions that ensures that they(him ans the wife) contribute to the workability of the marriage, else they should go separate. If a man borrows money to take care of his wife(who claims to be working) including the wife's friends and family, what about his own family?

The has not chosen to love the wife, but to be a SLAVE to the wife by trying to satisfy her(that do not even appreciate) by all means and put himself thru unnecessary psychological trauma. The man needs to set himself free b4 he wakes up to realise that the person he has sacrificed so much 4 still leaves him. WHEN A WOMAN IS FED UP, THERE IS NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT - R. Kelly
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by kulutempa: 11:44pm On May 02, 2011
@Poster,  you have surrendered your manhood to your wife and that is why she does not respect or feel any attraction for you.  You are no longer in control of your home and no woman fancies a wimp of a husband without any confidence in himself.  In a sense it's like when you want to make love to her you lie down and ask her to climb you instead of the other way round.   Start being a man and not a doormat!  Take charge and take control and believe me she will fall into line.  And for goodness sake don't beg her for sex otherwise she would see you as a pathetic desperate wimp.  Go ahead man, and make your father proud of his son.

1 Like

Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by http(m): 11:48pm On May 02, 2011
[table][/table]

@kokogee people react differently to situations that they find themselves. When some women catch their men with other women the first thing they do is to stop making love with the man. They will also happily spend his money . . . after all he is spending on concubine so why wont he spend on her his legal wife.

As regards the house chores, the poster said that he cooks, cleans etc and he may well have been doing that before December.

Lets also not forget that in the UK where there are no housemaids many men cook and do some sort of housework, so he is probably doing what he always has done, They have been married for 10 years so I am assuming that they still have small kids who still need to be looked after too.

Please men stop saying that house chores makes you silly or that you are over pampering your wives. Each woman is different and has different needs. Some women want their affection in cuddles, time, touch, pampering etc and not a plate of rice & cleaning of the bathroom. Men you need to work out what tickles your wives fancy and go for what is specific to her.

The poster needs to talk one on one with his wifey and work out whatever the problem is

[td][/td]

I really can't understand what women want, you want the man to woo you inorder to marry him, take care of u when u get married, u still want the same man to be a wizard inorder to know what is on her mind, infact i am tired of women.

every woman is different, man must go for women course to understand them,do this do that, now i know why men always died before the woman, my dad died 25 years ago, still my mum is still alive.

Infact, i've change tactics from now on, women need me u no give shit,

Haba the man is already indebt, ask advice from MIL, what does she has to say, pamper her more, bla bla bla, cos that what she get from her own husband is the man is till alive.

wetin sef, na by force to marry, i have been spending more since i got married, it all money money money, dollar dollar dollar,

baba God helep us from all this Jazibella of this world,

This reminds me of lucky dube son, "Slave"

Men are slave unto women, but i refuse to be,

@ poster, let her be, if she wan enter bush, let her be, cos i don't care about them any more,
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 11:53pm On May 02, 2011
kokogee:

@ cahaircover, is like u'r not getting clearly; the husband is indebted, u'r working but not indebted(since u said the wife is working) and probably the friend is working as well - would u still ask your husband who is currently indebted to finance your friend's ticket while u save all your money? meanwhile the husband is still the house-maid after they run him into debt with unnecessary expenses of wife's friends and family.

What I can say is that the man has chosen a path to sufferness, bankruptcy and early grave if he continues that way. He needs to be a man that can stand and take decisions that ensures that they(him ans the wife) contribute to the workability of the marriage, else they should go separate. If a man borrows money to take care of his wife(who claims to be working) including the wife's friends and family, what about his own family?

The has not chosen to love the wife, but to be a SLAVE to the wife by trying to satisfy her(that do not even appreciate) by all means and put himself thru unnecessary psychological trauma. The man needs to set himself free b4 he wakes up to realise that the person he has sacrificed so much 4 still leaves him. WHEN A WOMAN IS FED UP, THERE IS NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT - R. Kelly

mehn gee u spoken precisely what was on my mind.

on the "she found sm" , whatever she might hv found wud she not mk him know of it ? confront him if asking is belittling for her, at least to hear him out?  

i also think he pets his wife too much, has made her believe he is lucky she married him ( my friend is all tight, he is good looking, nice features but annoying timid.) the kind of man that believes in prayer and church, every of his problem he will tell u God is alive.

For whatever reason i can't get mysef to believe she (the wife) has not been Intimate since the xmas!

why wud she want to go on holiday with her unmarried female friends leaving her husband at home to cater for their little kids all by himself ?

it is very inappropriate to make wild suggestion abt smone's wife but this case .  .mehn! em get as it be ooh.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 5:28am On May 03, 2011
He's 49, she's 35. 14 years difference. Married for 10yrs, so he married at 39 when she was 25. He's already knocking on 50's door and the wife is at the best age for women to enjoy their sex life. He's laid his bed, let him lie on it. The fact that a man can still father a child at old age, doesn't mean he can do the do properly. In his next life, he would think twice before caging a sweet sixteen cheesy.He would choose a woman that will age with him. I bet he was looking down on all those above 30 'old cargo' as they call them. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Anyway, the man's certainly not appealing to the wife. No amount of washing plates would excite her. And there are many things that could have caused her to lose interest. I'm not in the position to speculate. Go and ask your wife.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Pharoh: 5:48am On May 03, 2011
^^

True talk, the age gap was just too much and he gave her too many concessions for her to even have the boldness to take such stand. He should just talk to her but i doubt if she will even come clean and say the truth or won't she like to be there and milk him completely dry before stepping out finally.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 03, 2011
//
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 03, 2011
chaircover:

Thank you very much Stillwater. You seem to understand what I am getting at. He can take out a 1 million pound loan and clean the bathroom with his tongue but if he isnt tickling her fancy (and I am not referring to sex here) then he is just wasting his time. He needs to work out what the problem is. Its not as if he has to work out the problem of a thousand women. He is only married to one woman for goodness sakes.

6 months of no sex and he is busy reporting to biased friends and a disinterested MIL instead of taking his wife on a quiet weekend away, getting her to open up and resolving their issues together. There are always ups and downs in marriage even if you married a saint. This is a downtime for them and they need to get out of it.

I am not saying that the wife's approach to whatever the problem may be is right, however what is done is done and the only thing to do now is to move forward.

And all the guys saying I wont do this & I cant do that, just wait and see when the time comes whether you wont do more  cool

This dude is in so much debt right now so what extra weekend holiday are we talking about here? undecided

What is the guarantee that she will even agree to sleep with him if they decide to go to some holiday resort?

Women I know react to issues in diff way but 6 months of starving your hubby is way too much wickedness. Especially when she is not even telling him THE REASON for the change in bediology.

She should either free the man or melt that stone she's calling a heart.

@Topic

Sit your wife down and talk with her(that's if she will agree sef). Do not go for any holiday that will put your family into so much debt and leave you cash trapped. Settle your differences if you can at home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / Help Pls Me! Spiritual Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.