Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (74686 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by DOCU(m): 10:23pm On May 30, 2021
lawalosky:
Sent by an unknown person..
. Iocation cannot escape SE

Why SE when SW is the headquaters of juju?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 10:23pm On May 30, 2021
Wawelexy:
.......... If na yankee dem born u, i gat no comment for u, but if u re born and brought up here in naija but forming yankee, oya go ijebu go talk rubbish so u go recieve small sense.

Ignorance, where exactly in Ijebu?

Wake up this is 21st century

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2021
greatiyk4u:

Ignorance, where exactly in Ijebu?

Wake up this is 21st century
........ Na u go tell me that one? Abegi shift.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 10:32pm On May 30, 2021
lawalosky:
Sent by an unknown person..
. Iocation cannot escape SE
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:

My Dad just cut the place and put one native medicine like that. Just once. And that was it. Unfortunately nobody knows where the medicine is now as the old man is late. But I must attribute the whole thing to God.
Legendary! These are men who grew up on the farm.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by iLegendd(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2021
ICTWeb:
how you serious? Drank kerosone it pour kerosone on the affected part.

Drink, not pour. It bit me at 7 PM or thereabout. I was probably not more than 10 years at the time. It's a tiny snake and poisonous. The smaller, the more poisonous it is.

I got home and my body started convulsing and I was shaking. Mom became agitated and asked what happened but I refused to tell her because I wasn't sure if it was really the snake.

Yes, the snake was on my leg, but I quickly jumped after feeling a pinch like a needle. As a stubborn child at the time, I don't really see things as threat, so I brushed it off and went home.

It was when I got home and few hours later, the tune changed. In fact, it changed the moment I got home, but I suppressed it because I have a strong immune system.

My kidney was acting as if it was pulling out or as someone who was about to puke.

As I was shaking, I finally narrated the snake story and she shouted, ran to a neighbor who does native medicine, but he said he isn't into snake medicine. He recommended she gives me a small glass of kerosene since it was already late.

At this time, it was 12 AM and the whole community was asleep. After drinking it, I stopped shaking, but not 100%. At 5 AM the next day, we rushed to the right place.

If not for that kerosene serving as first AID, it would've been game over.

Well-refined fuel and kerosene are drinkable, but only if there is a poison in your body, else don't drink them, but a sip doesn't kill.

Do you know there are some Chinese that drink fuel? It helps in cleansing the body and helps with cancer treatment too.

Google is your friend.

Also, remember, after the man, or should I call him a native doctor removed the poison, he said I shouldn't chew palm fruit and any snake that sees me will die mysteriously.

I thought it was a joke, but guess what? Snakes die around me without anyone killing them at that time. Since then snakes give me my way.

Sadly, I have violated the rule now, but still, anywhere I live, snakes don't live there.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 10:42pm On May 30, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin
Very dangerous snake that kills Very easily..
How did somebody send it?
Very funny pipuu
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by nelsonebby(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Live in a very mean and Wicked World.

If you are Spirtually dull, weak or dead, you could be swallowed by any Humpty Dumpty.

I say this from Personal Experience.
Without JESUS Christ in Me, I Should be a Dead corpse.

Life without a Solid Connection and relationship with GOD is a risk.
The World is three Wicked..
Fool
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Femmyfestus: 10:44pm On May 30, 2021
sylve11:
Puff Adder, very plenty in my current location. Killed one last two months. Still have the pics.
Never wanted to kill it because it's against my my belief; but the snake was threatening a child who's helpless. I had no choice than to finish it off. sad cool
Biko show the pictures and the story behind it
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by LockDown69(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2021
grin
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 10:50pm On May 30, 2021
Jacobx007:
Incredible.

So after 10 years on Nairaland, I have finally achieved FTC status!! Lols
And I got STC just after a month, baami, it's well with our souls...
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Kingzjayzee: 10:55pm On May 30, 2021
Luigi02:
Some people are saying if a puff ader or Gabon viper bites you, you won't survive. Well what if a black mamba or king cobra now bite you? undecided
before those ones bite you, you don die. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by thinkmoney(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2021
Wawelexy:
.......... If na yankee dem born u, i gat no comment for u, but if u re born and brought up here in naija but forming yankee, oya go ijebu go talk rubbish so u go recieve small sense.
Its because of our stupid believes that we ain't as advanced as the Yankees. Unnecessary and illogical fears every where. No death happens naturally in Nigeria. I spit
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by iconnecta(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2021
pls look for alcoholic gin and drink as a first aid remedy.
it neutralize the poison

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by shevi4mb(m): 11:02pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=XXXXTENTACION post=102142923] How is it even possible to send a snake sef .
E go be like snake oya come go bite this pesin for me undecided

My dear, snake can be sent to you spiritually. It's a known fact, I can even teach you how to do it.

But in this case, the snake can never be killed, because the snake would have been killed before the spirit is sent...

In this post, I guess it's a normal snake

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by miky(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2021
He died of blood clots. If he were not Nigerian an anti venom would have saved his life.

Nigerians dying of things no one in developed nations die of anymore

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Nazzyy: 11:09pm On May 30, 2021
That’s adult puff adder, most venomous and deadliest snakes u can find in Africa. It’s bite could kill in less than 30mins nd destroys the affected limb.

Though it’s funny how fast we easily associate human death as being sent by the enemy.

BTW thought this snakes are found only in thick forests.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ghettochild(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Oregon has died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake friends claimed was sent by someone, Reports.

According to Shadrack Okpomhe Who Shared The News, As Obtained By , someone called the deceased to inform him that pigs were feeding on his crops.

However, on getting to his farm, he saw a snake instead. He immediately tried to go back but the snake flew at him and bit him on the leg. Although Tony managed to kill the snake, he didn't survive the poisonous bite, Learnt.

The deceased was laid to rest on May 26, after a funeral mass at Saint Philomena Catholic Church in Edo State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5388140194538180&id=100000267598298
Visit link for more info on snakebite
https://www.africansnakebiteinstitute.com/snake/bibrons-stiletto-snake/
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by iconnecta(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:

How I wish I can. We really lost an invaluable medicine. Even the old man himself was bitten by a deadly cobra. He came home treated himself and that's àll. Carelessness and childishness surely made us not to ask the old man what the stuff contained or how he got it.

a dry gin alcohol did d magic.
drink it and apply it on the cut .
it serves as antidote

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ghettochild(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Oregon has died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake friends claimed was sent by someone, Reports.

According to Shadrack Okpomhe Who Shared The News, As Obtained By , someone called the deceased to inform him that pigs were feeding on his crops.

However, on getting to his farm, he saw a snake instead. He immediately tried to go back but the snake flew at him and bit him on the leg. Although Tony managed to kill the snake, he didn't survive the poisonous bite, Learnt.

The deceased was laid to rest on May 26, after a funeral mass at Saint Philomena Catholic Church in Edo State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5388140194538180&id=100000267598298
Visit link for more info on snakebite

https://www.africansnakebiteinstitute.com/snake/puff-adder/

https://www.africansnakebiteinstitute.com/snake/bibrons-stiletto-snake/
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 30, 2021
Whenever you are bitten by snake, try grinding charcoal, drink it, cut the part and apply it, it will draw ot the venom.
Charcoal is a very effective anti-toxin.

A snake once bit me (green snake though) but as the poison started traveling into my body and i apply the charcoal, the pulling stops, and water started coming out, it pained me for a long while, but that is the end of it.

Charcoal is the major ingredient in this locally made anti toxin "aporo epa ijebu" in yoruba language.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Kondomatic(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2021
Kingk47:

You had a dry bite. Some snakes tend to be economical with their venom.
The way some of you jump to conclusions on this forum is scary.

Somebody told you that his dad was bitten by a snake and boom, you concluded that it was a dry bite?

Why though?

Because the man didn't die? Or because he was treated with herbs?

I wanna know why.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Nazzyy: 11:18pm On May 30, 2021
That’s adult puff adder, most venomous and deadliest snakes u can find in Africa. It’s bite could kill in less than 30mins nd destroys the affected limb.

Though it’s funny how fast we easily associate human death as being sent by the enemy.

BTW thought this snakes are found only in thick forests.[like]
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 11:20pm On May 30, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
How is it even possible to send a snake sef .
E go be like snake oya come go bite this pesin for me undecided
story everywhere....
It's possible
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by adisabarber(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin

That looks like a gaboon viper. That snake hardly bites. Most people believe it only bites if it is sent to bite someone. Even if you step on it, it is unlikely to bite you.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 11:23pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:
Very deadly snake. We call it echieteka. That is tomorrow is too far. The bite will hardly see you see tomorrow. But thank God I was bitten by this type of snake and I have seen a decade plus.

Science could use your blood for research
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Odogwu2023(m): 11:27pm On May 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Live in a very mean and Wicked World.

If you are Spirtually dull, weak or dead, you could be swallowed by any Humpty Dumpty.

I say this from Personal Experience.
Without JESUS Christ in Me, I Should be a Dead corpse.

Life without a Solid Connection and relationship with GOD is a risk.
The World is three Wicked..

I need your contact plz
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by omotola90(m): 11:30pm On May 30, 2021
Wawelexy:
:oepic response there
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Akanoaaa(m): 11:32pm On May 30, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.

That one is different. This one is called Oka in Yoruba and the one you're talking about is called Jeunjoke

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Lastlook: 11:33pm On May 30, 2021
Same snake here.

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.
I pray o. Better tie the the leg or limb and run to a nearby hospital
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Ewedegubbler: 11:36pm On May 30, 2021
Unknown Snakemen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wormlike Movement Round My Body / Man Poisoned, Dies On His Birthday (Disturbing Photos, Video) / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.