Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (74701 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by space9880: 4:39am On May 31, 2021
The snake flew grin grin grin
Respect to Edo people
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by deltateam: 4:40am On May 31, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin

Is there any remedy to that? Something he could have done to prevent the swelling or stay alive?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by princewarri1985: 4:44am On May 31, 2021
Mpanyi:
Very deadly snake. We call it echieteka. That is tomorrow is too far. The bite will hardly see you see tomorrow. But thank God I was bitten by this type of snake and I have seen a decade plus.
This might sound stupid coming from me, but how did you survived the snake bite? Was an anti venom administerd to you in an hospital or you treated it the traditional way? Please complete your story

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by deltateam: 4:45am On May 31, 2021
Babara1994:

The snake must be killed to make a potent antidote

This is Nigeria o. While others were making vaccines for covid, what were our researchers doing aside strike?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 4:46am On May 31, 2021
donbenie:
This is not a Puff Adder..

It is a Gaboon Viper..

It is a puff adder. You really can’t miss the “prints” on a gaboon viper’s body.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by deltateam: 4:46am On May 31, 2021
Mpanyi:
Very deadly snake. We call it echieteka. That is tomorrow is too far. The bite will hardly see you see tomorrow. But thank God I was bitten by this type of snake and I have seen a decade plus.

How did you treat it?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by deltateam: 4:47am On May 31, 2021
pocohantas:

It is a puff adder. You really can’t miss the prints on a gaboon viper’s body.

Do you have knowledge on how to survive snake bite?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 5:11am On May 31, 2021
onuman:

You believe in juju. Those who believe in juju can easily die from it.

A Yankee born who does not believe in Juju has nothing to fear about juju. He can’t just believe like you that someone can invoke a snake in another’s farm, and ask the other to go to his farm. The other goes to the farm and gets fatal bite from the snake. That is voodoo; unbelievable by modern people.
.................... Exactly my point.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by princewarri1985: 5:14am On May 31, 2021
iLegendd:
When I was bitten by a snake, I drank kerosene for the first time in my life. Snakes are evil. If only you know what was going on inside my body, you'll hate snakes.
Please how did you survive it? Traditional or hospital?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by thinkmoney(m): 5:18am On May 31, 2021
Wawelexy:
......... That's what u think sir/ma
That's what it is. We are limited by our state of mind. When and where whites are making adventures and discoveries fear, resignation to the status quo and superstition is and have been weighing us down
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by harmargedon: 5:31am On May 31, 2021
That's a gaboon viper, a very posinos snake. No one sent anything.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Warlord2014(m): 5:50am On May 31, 2021
ceejayluv:

I nearly laughed when they said it flew. Nigerians too like fictional tales.
Vipers can jump to a great height...so don't be quick to judge.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Nobody: 5:51am On May 31, 2021
Conner44:

Babara1994 killingit for a potent antivenom won't suffice because you'd be dead before the next hour and only specialized personnel in the medical field can make the antivenom on short demand from the body of the specimen that bit you. saving your life is paramount in this case.

the gaboon viper is the only snake that delivers the most amount of venom into its victim with a single bite. once you are bitten you will have excess venom in your blood stream. as you struggle to pick cutlass and chase it to kill fhe snake your heart will beat faster thereby pumping more blood around your system to give you the energy you require but at the same time the venok is also spreading faster around your body. that is why you shouldn't bother killing the viper when you notice it has bitten you but immediately and calmly cut a eope/cloth and tie it around the affected part of your body where you were bitten to stop the flow of the venom to your heart, cut open the bite area so blood oozes out and slowly but quickly rush to seek medical attention.

if other vipers inject 50 milligramms of venom into you as they bite you this particular one injects 1 centilitre, meaning it injects over 50 times he usual dose of other vipers in its class.

we call it AjuAla in our place

Where do u go to if u re bitten by a snake
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Warlord2014(m): 5:53am On May 31, 2021
godlessmind:

Black man with their black sense always linking every event to juju. Puff adder is one of the most poisonous snakes that you don't want to mess with, although it's slow to attack but very dangerous. There is nothing spiritual about the snake killing the man!

This is the 21th century for crying out loud. undecided
shut up, we are not blacks but humans.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by usj(m): 5:55am On May 31, 2021
Kingk47:

You had a dry bite. Some snakes tend to be economical with their venom.
Yeah. That's what he had, 'dry bite'. Venomous snake usually reserves their venom for their prey and tend to bite humans only for self defence. This particular species hardly bite humans. They flee if they see humans approaching. But If the person gets to close the only option is to defend itself. That my friend is that deadly bite.

Remember he (victim) went to the farm after receiving a distress call? Probably! He stepped on the snake or his approached was too aggressively, so much to the snake dislike.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 5:56am On May 31, 2021
Puff adders are ambush predators; they are well camouflaged and do not attack. Rather they wait for their prey to come close and strike!

He must have walked too close to it and didn’t see it. Unfortunately, after that bite, he was a dead man walking without getting the anti-venom. Nothing else would have saved him
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Prettyclown: 5:58am On May 31, 2021
Blood of Christ cool
Is that not rattle snake?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 6:02am On May 31, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.

Yet another superstition. Africans should dedicate themselves to research and finding effective, available and affordable antidotes for snake bite.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by sigiyaya112: 6:03am On May 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Live in a very mean and Wicked World.

If you are Spirtually dull, weak or dead, you could be swallowed by any Humpty Dumpty.

I say this from Personal Experience.
Without JESUS Christ in Me, I Should be a Dead corpse.

Life without a Solid Connection and relationship with GOD is a risk.
The World is three Wicked..
you are just an idiot!!

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ayanbaba2(m): 6:05am On May 31, 2021
kelvin21887:
All snakes should be killed, what are they even contributing to the eco system?

rats predator!
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 6:06am On May 31, 2021

Puff adder envenomation causes tissue necrosis, hypotension, coagulopathy, thrombocytopenia, and spontaneous bleeding. Severe coagulopathy may occur. Physicians treating severe cases should be prepared to administer at least 15 vials of antivenom if needed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 6:11am On May 31, 2021
You can’t send a snake after another person, snakes do not listen to humans. The nearest and easiest is to send a dog after an intruder and a trained rotveiler can produce similar fatal results.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by zudozz: 6:13am On May 31, 2021
E be like say this rattlesnake na d most poisonous of them all.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Kingk47: 6:25am On May 31, 2021
usj:

Yeah. That's what he had, 'dry bite'. Venomous snake usually reserves their venom for their prey and tend to bite humans only for self defence. This particular species hardly bite humans. They flee if they see humans approaching. But If the person gets to close the only option is to defend itself. That my friend is that deadly bite.

Remember he (victim) went to the farm after receiving a distress call? Probably! He stepped on the snake or his approached was too aggressively, so much to the snake dislike.
Your narration is spot on. That was why the victim thought the snake flew at him, it was defending itself.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2021
DEBJOCH1:
HMMMM, THE SNAKE WAS NOT SENT, THAT SNAKE IS CALLED GO DE NISA IN HAUSA. MEANING TOMORROW IS TOO FAR, THAT SNAKE IS DAM TOO POISONOUS IF NOT PROPERLY GIVEN AN URGENT ATTENTION
Lolzz....that's the same name in Igbo. We call it Echi Eteka which also means Tomorrow is too far
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:34am On May 31, 2021
Warlord2014:

Vipers can jump to a great height...so don't be quick to judge.
Nope, this puff after moves slowly but strike with lightening-fast speed
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by gozzlin: 6:47am On May 31, 2021
lawalosky:
Sent by an unknown person..
. Iocation cannot escape SE

You be akpa amụ. Go and read the original post again, this time slowly so that your dull brain might be able to comprehend.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2021
deltateam:

Is there any remedy to that? Something he could have done to prevent the swelling or stay alive?

Check my post
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Mpanyi: 7:01am On May 31, 2021
princewarri1985:
This might sound stupid coming from me, but how did you survived the snake bite? Was an anti venom administerd to you in an hospital or you treated it the traditional way? Please complete your story

I have said my dad treated it. Traditionally of course. Like I said earlier I give all glory to God.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 7:04am On May 31, 2021
Mpanyi:

How I wish I can. We really lost an invaluable medicine. Even the old man himself was bitten by a deadly cobra. He came home treated himself and that's àll. Carelessness and childishness surely made us not to ask the old man what the stuff contained or how he got it.

Which forest una dey stay sef? grin grin
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2021
Grandmaster4:
Op there's nothing like poisonous snake
it's venomous snake.. u grab
this snake look like puff adder, omo if this kind snake bite person e own don finish oo. if really the same the snake was sent by someone then sender knows what this kinda snake is capable of and also for instance if someone was with him and killed it.. can the snake venom be use as an antidote immediately?

meanwhile dm me for your graphics design

Don't say what you don't know... https://thetarpan.com/venomous-vs-poisonous-snakes/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wormlike Movement Round My Body / Man Poisoned, Dies On His Birthday (Disturbing Photos, Video) / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.