Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (74735 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Racers(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2021
ceejayluv:

I nearly laughed when they said it flew. Nigerians too like fictional tales.

You won't believe because you only read it in nairaland, the deceased is a close friend of my sis and believe every word you read there because it's true. I don't believe in sending snake but the snake actually flew at him. The farm is more like a garden because the crop was planted in a secondary school land in the community.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by supereagle(m): 11:40pm On May 30, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin

Is that what Yoruba call oka ?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 11:42pm On May 30, 2021
omotola90:
:oepic response there
......... Mtcheeeeww!
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 11:44pm On May 30, 2021
thinkmoney:

Its because of our stupid believes that we ain't as advanced as the Yankees. Unnecessary and illogical fears every where. No death happens naturally in Nigeria. I spit
......... That's what u think sir/ma
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by OlayemiAshraf(m): 11:45pm On May 30, 2021
supereagle:

Is that what Yoruba call oka ?

Nope ....oka is python .... I don't know what this one is call in yoruba

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Chummynoni(m): 11:57pm On May 30, 2021
iconnecta:
pls look for alcoholic gin and drink as a first aid remedy.
it neutralize the poison
I read the thread from 1st page but yours drew my attention. I dont know how potent this dry gin is if taken alone, but an old man I knew why in school, had a bottle of dry gin, and inside of it is a snake which I learnt from him that it is an antidote. Definitely, you are not far from the truth sir. It might interest you sir to visit my profile, as I may be of help now or in the future. Lots of love
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by honest1480(m): 12:08am On May 31, 2021
joyandfaith:

Please explain further. Do u mean the snake should be killed?
No, don't waste time killing it. Just run for your life, run and go get medication as soon as possible.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AmuRubber(m): 12:18am On May 31, 2021
donbenie:
This is not a Puff Adder..

It is a Gaboon Viper..

I never disputed the specie of snake, kindly read the post I quoted. The guy said he was against the killing of puff adders because of his belief; therefore, I got curious about this strange belief.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 12:20am On May 31, 2021
Odogwu2023:

I need your contact plz
See my Signature! My WhatsApp Contact is there.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by godlessmind: 12:38am On May 31, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Oregon has died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake friends claimed was sent by someone, Reports.

According to Shadrack Okpomhe Who Shared The News, As Obtained By , someone called the deceased to inform him that pigs were feeding on his crops.

However, on getting to his farm, he saw a snake instead. He immediately tried to go back but the snake flew at him and bit him on the leg. Although Tony managed to kill the snake, he didn't survive the poisonous bite, Learnt.

The deceased was laid to rest on May 26, after a funeral mass at Saint Philomena Catholic Church in Edo State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5388140194538180&id=100000267598298
Black man with their black sense always linking every event to juju. Puff adder is one of the most poisonous snakes that you don't want to mess with, although it's slow to attack but very dangerous. There is nothing spiritual about the snake killing the man!

This is the 21th century for crying out loud. undecided
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by godlessmind: 12:40am On May 31, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.

Okay.... superstitions done make so many people die.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by BanevsJoker(m): 12:41am On May 31, 2021
Conner44:

Babara1994 killingit for a potent antivenom won't suffice because you'd be dead before the next hour and only specialized personnel in the medical field can make the antivenom on short demand from the body of the specimen that bit you. saving your life is paramount in this case.

the gaboon viper is the only snake that delivers the most amount of venom into its victim with a single bite. once you are bitten you will have excess venom in your blood stream. as you struggle to pick cutlass and chase it to kill fhe snake your heart will beat faster thereby pumping more blood around your system to give you the energy you require but at the same time the venok is also spreading faster around your body. that is why you shouldn't bother killing the viper when you notice it has bitten you but immediately and calmly cut a eope/cloth and tie it around the affected part of your body where you were bitten to stop the flow of the venom to your heart, cut open the bite area so blood oozes out and slowly but quickly rush to seek medical attention.

if other vipers inject 50 milligramms of venom into you as they bite you this particular one injects 1 centilitre, meaning it injects over 50 times he usual dose of other vipers in its class.

we call it AjuAla in our place
Ajuala is Boa Constrictor.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by kabillionaire(m): 1:09am On May 31, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
How is it even possible to send a snake sef .
E go be like snake oya come go bite this pesin for me undecided
story everywhere....

You guys are talking as if you're not Africans
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by makecraft: 1:28am On May 31, 2021
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by DedeNkem: 1:31am On May 31, 2021
Nobody sent anything! Nigerians and their cavemen mentality. When a tragic incident happens they seek out someone to blame!

Snakes don't attack humans unnecessarily. He probably stepped on this viper or walked too close to it. Snakes only attack when they feel threatened. Unless a large Python or Anaconda that would actually see you as a prey.

The guy died because he didn't receive proper medical attention! Be careful while walking in the bush or farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by 1972xy: 1:37am On May 31, 2021
puff ader one of the most poisonous creatures on Earth.
......Where there is no anti poison there is no survival
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 1:57am On May 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Live in a very mean and Wicked World.

If you are Spirtually dull, weak or dead, you could be swallowed by any Humpty Dumpty.

I say this from Personal Experience.
Without JESUS Christ in Me, I Should be a Dead corpse.

Life without a Solid Connection and relationship with GOD is a risk.
The World is three Wicked..
Every serpent of darkness assigned against me from the kingdom of darkness, Rock of Ages, grind the head of the serpent and the sender to powder in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by PastorFire: 2:11am On May 31, 2021
sylve11:
Puff Adder, very plenty in my current location. Killed one last two months. Still have the pics.
Never wanted to kill it because it's against my my belief; but the snake was threatening a child who's helpless. I had no choice than to finish it off. sad cool
Oga, exit your current location. Just a friendly warning. You might be caught off-guard one day..

Lemme tell you a little real life story.. While in boarding school in the thick of the bush, we set out to the bush with my friends to excrete. I then saw a wrap of leaves where i was about to my the direction of my ass to. Something just strucked me to use my leg to clear the path. On doing that, instantly a huge snake came off and threw a bite at me, i also withdrew back with the same instant and she missed me by an inch i must say. Since then, i hate snakes with everything in me. I now chase them with long sticks anywhere i see them.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Litmus: 2:17am On May 31, 2021
Racers:

You won't believe because you only read it in nairaland, the deceased is a close friend of my sis and believe every word you read there because it's true. I don't believe in sending snake but the snake actually flew at him. The farm is more like a garden because the crop was planted in a secondary school land in the community.

Flying (gliding) snakes exist but they’re not Gaboon vipers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpW5aWMxrEw
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by onuman: 2:35am On May 31, 2021
Wawelexy:
.......... If na yankee dem born u, i gat no comment for u, but if u re born and brought up here in naija but forming yankee, oya go ijebu go talk rubbish so u go recieve small sense.

You believe in juju. Those who believe in juju can easily die from it.

A Yankee born who does not believe in Juju has nothing to fear about juju. He can’t just believe like you that someone can invoke a snake in another’s farm, and ask the other to go to his farm. The other goes to the farm and gets fatal bite from the snake. That is voodoo; unbelievable by modern people.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by generalwo(m): 3:00am On May 31, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Oregon has died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake friends claimed was sent by someone, Reports.

According to Shadrack Okpomhe Who Shared The News, As Obtained By , someone called the deceased to inform him that pigs were feeding on his crops.

However, on getting to his farm, he saw a snake instead. He immediately tried to go back but the snake flew at him and bit him on the leg. Although Tony managed to kill the snake, he didn't survive the poisonous bite, Learnt.

The deceased was laid to rest on May 26, after a funeral mass at Saint Philomena Catholic Church in Edo State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5388140194538180&id=100000267598298
.......if na inside cooking pot he see the snake now I for believe say them send am but na inside farm he see am na..... If u no see snake for farm, where else u Wan see am? Inside church? U go meet snake for him territory, he attack you in defense them say na send them send am come..... Well anything is possible sha..... May his soul rest in peace and for those of us alive.... May God direct our footsteps and divert evil Way from our paths..... Amen
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2021
DOCU:

Why SE when SW is the headquaters of juju?
Yes I no but this type of belief is very common over there, and I no, u understand what I am saying
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by generalwo(m): 3:05am On May 31, 2021
ceejayluv:

I nearly laughed when they said it flew. Nigerians too like fictional tales.
..... U were not there..... I was not there...... I don't see any reason why you should doubt a dead man's account of what happened in his farm.... When he said flew, he may not have meant that the snake grew wings and flew at him..... He could be trying to talk about a sudden and unbelievable leap from one point to another......... No be every thing them dey doubt.... At times e good make we dey understand wetin people mean when them use certain words before we criticize them....

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by greygoblings(m): 3:07am On May 31, 2021
When it reads that the snake dived at him, I suspected Gaboon viper... The picture confirms it. If he had gotten an anti-venom within 15minutes of being bitten, he would have survived it. But his mentality that someone sent the snake might have made him to seek the services of a medicine man or a pastor.

Since their venom glands are enormous, each bite produces the second-largest quantity of venom of any venomous snake; this is partially because, unlike many African vipers, such as the puff adder, the Gaboon viper does not release after a bite, which enables it to inject larger amounts of venom.

For knowledge sake, Gaboon vipers don't glide or fly like some tree snakes do (Gaboons can't even stay on trees). But this snake can coil itself and dive or lunge at a nearby target from the ground at full body length. So when he said fly... That's a pure over statement.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by generalwo(m): 3:09am On May 31, 2021
amuwo1980:
Dumbos , he did not seek for help after the snake bite , there are anti venoms that cud have saved him , probable he went treating it via traditional means( some one that believes they can send a snake to another) and this is the out come , imagine the poster they sent a snake to him , you deserve a wack on the face
..... E be like u never wake up see pinch when you no fit explain for your body na im make u no believe say them fit send those kind things give person..... I'm not saying that's the case here but even the bible recognize the existence of super natural powers...... When bible talk about arrows..... U think say na physical arrow e mean?
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by moshino(m): 3:17am On May 31, 2021
Jacobx007:
Incredible.

So after 10 years on Nairaland, I have finally achieved FTC status!! Lols

Very good for you. God has given you your own heart's desired blessing now, go and rejoice.

And Please don't bother Him again, He has other people to bless with their heart's desires too.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by greygoblings(m): 3:20am On May 31, 2021
generalwo:
..... E be like u never wake up see pinch when you no fit explain for your body na im make u no believe say them fit send those kind things give person..... I'm not saying that's the case here but even the bible recognize the existence of super natural powers...... When bible talk about arrows..... U think say na physical arrow e mean?

Nothing supernatural for snake weh them see kill and weh get venom... That one common. Anti-venom for save that man life.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Tremple8v: 3:24am On May 31, 2021
I believe they could send a snake to kill someone in this part of the world , But you see this snake we are seeing . Oga puff puff . The venom no be here ooo.
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by generalwo(m): 3:32am On May 31, 2021
greygoblings:

Nothing supernatural for snake weh them see kill and weh get venom... That one common. Anti-venom for save that man life.
... Bros I understand you o but the day wen I begin understand say okormbo dey exist na the day wen small black ant bite me for night... Normal I scratch am small and slept off... Next morning, sore wen I see for my leg be like say fire burn a large part of my leg.... Long story short, I spent almost 100k to treat the sore....... Believe me bros.... This world na 2 and anything can happen..... I have lost a kid sister to a fly perch..... She was sleeping soundly beside my mum.... My mum said a particular fly perched on my kid sis and that was it.... From a healthy sleeping baby to a dead one after a fly perched on her... Make we dey pray say make we no see challenges for life wen go make una learn the hard way

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by greygoblings(m): 3:40am On May 31, 2021
generalwo:
... Bros I understand you o but the day wen I begin understand say okormbo dey exist na the day wen small black ant bite me for night... Normal I scratch am small and slept off... Next morning, sore wen I see for my leg be like say fire burn a large part of my leg.... Long story short, I spent almost 100k to treat the sore....... Believe me bros.... This world na 2 and anything can happen..... I have lost a kid sister to a fly perch..... She was sleeping soundly beside my mum.... My mum said a particular fly perched on my kid sis and that was it.... From a healthy sleeping baby to a dead one after a fly perched on her... Make we dey pray say make we no see challenges for life wen go make una learn the hard way

Jesus
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by kelvin21887(m): 4:03am On May 31, 2021
All snakes should be killed, what are they even contributing to the eco system?

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by deltateam: 4:38am On May 31, 2021
I hate snakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wormlike Movement Round My Body / Why Do People Still Smoke After Seeing This? / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.