Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) (86378 Views)

"My Son Is A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity"- Wole Soyinka. / JP Clark, Achebe & Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Loverboy3333: 12:00pm On May 29, 2021
The5DME:
I scrolled through most of the comments here. Ignorant people everywhere.

Ignorant people, but he is the bedrock of cultism in Nigeria and has and still destroying lives and property.

If this man is a sane man he should have find a way to renounce and disband this so called pirates confraternity.

He should be questioned, tried and if fould guilty he should be made to face the law.

Soyinka will go down in the history of Nigeria as the cause of youth practicing cultism.

Spit on him
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 12:00pm On May 29, 2021
obailala:
And you think your blame game against Wole tallies or makes any rational sense?

He forms an organisation while at uni, he runs the organisation peacefully till he graduates and leaves school... Years later, another person forms a similar organisation which eventually degenerates to a gangster/criminal group.

Several decades later, Woles organisation is still existing peacefully and isnt involved in any disturbances but somehow, you think it makes sense to blame him for the actions of thugs and gangsters which he has no affiliations with?
.......................... And who told u mr A runs the organization peacefully till he graduates. What led to the birth of bucaneers and others? Pls go back to ur history b4 coming here to confuse urself.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2021
rhames:

What religion or charitable cause has this organisation contributed to or associated with? It is a blood oath cult plain and simple. Don't give it any other coloration. Soyinka and his ilk has never condemned or said anything about the blood letting and incessant killing by these cultist big or small. That means he has stylislhly or wittingly supported their actions.

My friend call a spade what it is not by another name.

They are a vampiric and damned devil bloodsucking organisation.
The bolded part of your comment, where did you dig up that assumption from?

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Sleekfingers: 12:01pm On May 29, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Soyinka founder of cultist that have wasted thousand lives of our youths!!

This man needs to be arrested

it is obvious you know nothing about the pirate ....go and ask your grandparents about it.......or simply go and read about wole soyinka, about university of ibadan and OAU.....and the activities of the pirates when it was founded.........i am darn sure that , na early 2000 dem born you....
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2021
Wawelexy:
.......................... And who told u mr A runs the organization peacefully till he graduates. What led to the birth of bucaneers and others? Pls go back to ur history b4 coming here to confuse urself.
Name the people he killed or maimed or injured or harrassed or forever be quiet.

There's no rationality in just spewing allegations from our imaginations. Name them please, provide any evidence, big or small , even if it's fake news, just provide anything.

3 Likes

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by zachanalysis: 12:02pm On May 29, 2021
You need to learn to shut up and stop exhibiting the depth of your ignorance on public forum. Someone just educated you on something you know next to nothing about and all you could do is masturbate intellectually rather than say thank you. If you're a parent, I'll advise you give up your children for adoption cause it will be really sad if dey copy this "mumuness" from you.
Khd95:
will you keep quite, Webster dictionary kho, lobster encyclopedia ni

Confraternity is cult here in Nigeria, cult is confraternity, they are very interchangeable

Go thru the history of these pyrate confraternity and tell me their notable charity works

Soyinks might have had a wonderful idea,but that idea was defeated long ago, and that degenerated into all these cult nemesis we have in the society today.

All these young boys who are recruited into it don't even know why or when soyinka set up the pyrates, all they are told is to look out for opponents, identify with a particular color and slang,buy axe, and if small money dey make Dem buy locally made guns, just to kill and main opponents, ask them what's the fight against their opponents is, they don't know, until they are butchered miserably

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by naptu2: 12:04pm On May 29, 2021
obailala:
Name the people he killed or maimed or forever be quiet.

What that guy wrote is absolute nonsense. Ask him to tell you when Wole Soyinka graduated and when Buccaneers was created and you'll see that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by BSsniffer: 12:04pm On May 29, 2021
Krismas:
coolThey only push OPUIM

I get your drift.. but they more sophisticated, hardly get caught and don't make too much noise.

The loud, egotistical and braggadocios nature of the Igbo man is a ticking bomb for any society or frat.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2021
[quote author=obailala post=102164403]Name the people he killed or maimed or injured or harrassed or forever be quiet.

There's no rationality in just spewing allegations from our imaginations.[/quote.......... I tot u re logical with ur arguements, but ur last statement prove me wrong. Imagine, i should name people he killed!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Sleekfingers: 12:05pm On May 29, 2021
1MCN:
Shouldn't Soyinka overgrow this cultism at this age and stage?

overgrown what? They are still much active ....but not in any tertiary institutions.......they are intellectuals etc.......they still meetings in lagos island....it wont tell you the exact spot.......
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Jimmy231: 12:05pm On May 29, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Sail on with the forgone terrors
okombo for you

2 Likes

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Olamialphonso(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2021
You’ll forever remain the fool here on nairaland I swear
Righteousness2:
If you are Privileged to get to a certain age and you still don't see the need to Surrender to JESUS Christ and do away with evil, there will be special koboko for you in Hell.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by itslinkin4005(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.
blood dey ur head..
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by BSsniffer: 12:09pm On May 29, 2021
Activist001:

You this morön again? What did Igbos do to you?

A slowpoke thinks everyone is a slowpoke.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by itslinkin4005(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.
blood dey ur head.. Infact your school fees no waste
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Chris525: 12:11pm On May 29, 2021
No one asked you in the first place.

Sleekfingers:

overgrown what? They are still much active ....but not in any tertiary institutions.......they are intellectuals etc.......they still meetings in lagos island....it wont tell you the exact spot.......

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by teepain: 12:13pm On May 29, 2021
generalwo:
..... This is what Wikipedia told me a confraternity is in Nigeria.. . What do u have to say about it sir? Or na only your own view of fraternity correct? My point is, on paper a fraternity may be a religion of bliss and sugar but in reality, what is it here in Nigeria...... Are they not involved in the same activities as dreaded cult groups? Mention one fraternity on our campuses and I can dig up an evil they have commited recently

Please, kindly avail us of the crimes that the pyrates confraternity has committed 'recently'. Some of us have left school for some decades now but in our days I recall that Pyrates weren't known for violence.

2 Likes

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On May 29, 2021
DropsMic:

Go back and read about the history of the confraternity.. Why they founded it and what happened tonit after they graduated. Stop showcasing your ignorance to the world

can you now see why desmond elliot called them children? They know absolutely nothing....na to dey come on nairaland to dey insult people up and down.......

Pls kindly ignore them.....they are still children.....

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2021
LikeAking:

Quiet!
Why will he follow Christ, is a white man?

No be by shouting.till you find yourself in hell.you think your little brain knows everything. angry
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Quim2: 12:16pm On May 29, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Soyinka founder of cultist that have wasted thousand lives of our youths!!

This man needs to be arrested

Its you the new generations that spoil everything you touch.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by GEEBITE: 12:17pm On May 29, 2021
God bless you.Most people dont know that confraternity or sorority for females are quite normal in universities abroad and they are mostly for exceptional students. National Association of Seadogs NAS had taken their association out of campuses for close to 40 years now due to prevailing conditions . What WS started with the magnificent 7 was noble and it was an open group not this clandestine and vicious stuff going on now.
Btw,Ode to the Capon Blood for standing tall at 87,may your strength increases with your age.
AustineE1:
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by AngelicBeing: 12:19pm On May 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you are Privileged to get to a certain age and you still don't see the need to Surrender to JESUS Christ and do away with evil, there will be special koboko for you in Hell.
Gbam, gbamer, gbamest, I will beg God to allow me flog shege from plenty sons of beliah on the day of judgment wink
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Lonelypacifist6: 12:20pm On May 29, 2021
Same way Somepeople here were denigrating the Ogboni Fraternity, i was pained, Because i know the efforts ROF in social engineering, but trust illiterate Nigerians to say rubbish of what they don't know.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by teepain: 12:22pm On May 29, 2021
Blackdisciple:

The thing is that the way the niggarrs on the street understands it bro, They sees it as a guns and Street shit....
In my area @ Ajah you will see them moving around freely with AKs , pistols, local made guns Rubbing innocent civilians, and extorting from shops on the street.

So how do you want people to understand that the damn confraternity is described as a "society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause"

Look at it this way. There are many so called organisations today who call themselves churches and they do everything that run contrary to what the church stands for, would you blame the founder of the original church for the condemnable activities of those ignoble organisations.

Would you blame the original manufacturer of cars because some criminals use it for committing crimes like 'one chance' and kidnapping?

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Quim2: 12:22pm On May 29, 2021
BSdetector:
Any society formed.....first rule: bar igbos from joining. They infect everything they're part of....same thing happened with ogboni. But most people won't learn or understand.

STOP BEING AN IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by imagrg(m): 12:23pm On May 29, 2021
NO TRIBAL SENTIMENTS PLEASE. WE ARE ALL ONE.
PEACE! NO MORE WAR...LET'S LIVE TOGETHER AS ONE.
TOGETHER, WE STAND!
BSdetector:
Any society formed.....first rule: bar igbos from joining. They infect everything they're part of....same thing happened with ogboni. But most people won't learn or understand.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Upjis: 12:24pm On May 29, 2021
Only a fool will think and reason the way you do....nigeria is really a zoo I can now see that now cause they all behave like animals

Thou shalt have no other gods before Me"

I don't know if your parents taught you how to really read the bible

By their fruits you shall know them ..does this one also ring a bell dump ass

Reason before you talk ...Call evil ,evil and stop taking stupid side you animal
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Shakathezulu1: 12:25pm On May 29, 2021
eastOFwest:

No cult has originated in Igbo land. None. Igbos gentrify any cult they happen to join on an individual basis.

Thank you smiley
Apache na from where.
Thank you
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by greypencils: 12:27pm On May 29, 2021
Captain Blood for ever
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2021
Wawelexy:

Wow! Just imagine who's talking about being logical....

You confidently accuse a person of being a criminal but you cant mention a single crime he committed, you cant mention who he killed or maimed or injured or harrassed?

Okay even if you dont have specifics, I've asked you to just provide a single news or tabloid or blog link of any kind, be it real or even fake, where Pyrates were accused of committing any of the above crimes, but you cant.

With a single google search, I can provide 100s of links of crimes committed by all other Uni confraternities in Nigeria, but the fact that neither you nor I can find a single story for Pyrates tells a clear story. But out of the abundance of your imagination, you just have a hunch that they're involved because you're desperate to blame someone for your discomfort.... And you think this behaviour makes you 'logical?

Oga, there is a difference between a confraternity and criminal cults/gangster organisations.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by richiepolymer(m): 12:33pm On May 29, 2021
I have read so much nonsense on this thread.
When you comment, one thing becomes obvious....how informed you are or how ignorant you are. It is a shame to see so many educated illiterates commenting. Spewing rubbish. Those who are usually informed say less.
Pyrates confraternity has nothing to do with violence, evil or all the what nots which many ignorant fools label it.
Some are so daft that no matter how hard you try to disabuse their minds, they are stuck in their rigid opinions.
Pyrates confraternity still remains the only organization to come out of Africa that is respected the world over. If you like, hold on to your negative opinions it doesn't change what the organization is.
PC no be confra wey dey carry weapons upandan hacking people to death. So you expect well read professionals to behave like touts? Ignorant ones lump pyrates together with those armed gangs that are trying hard to rebrand. In PC there's no tribal or racial divide...Humanity is the watch word.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Jennifer: Grass To Grace / CI / A Thorn In The Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.